Lucy Letby Trial

AndyNic

the posh bit
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Not seen a single outraged post about this from anyone on my Social Medias. Usually this sort of thing would be rife, especially from Mums. Maybe it's because "she looks so normal" aka not black.

Or male. 

I've seen a few posts from women suggesting that something awful must have happened in her past to motivate her to kill these babies though. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

There was a criminolost on l

Panorama last night and he basically said 'she doesn't fit the profile, she didn't do it'. She ****ing did. 

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Not seen a single outraged post about this from anyone on my Social Medias. Usually this sort of thing would be rife, especially from Mums. Maybe it's because "she looks so normal" aka not black.

If it was a toss up between her doing it or you shagging someone 34 times in a day then I know what I'd believe. 

Edited by Sooperstar

4 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Cronyism and Nepotism are absolutely rife and there are loads of totally incompetent  dickheads in senior posts they aren’t qualified for. It wasn’t always this way but it’s been steadily worsening for 20+ years. An absolute shitshow.

The Peter Principle in action.
This theorises that people can only be promoted up to a point where they are slightly too incompetent and bad at their job to get promoted any further.

Eventually, every role in that organisation is filled with incompetents.

Then that's when serious problems start happening in that organisation.

A paediatric nurse calls Sangita Myska to say she can see how Lucy Letby was able to get away with her crimes as she herself was 'blacklisted' when she reported a colleague.

7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

If it was a toss up between her doing it or you shagging someone 34 times in a day then I know what I'd believe. 

That makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

A paediatric nurse calls Sangita Myska to say she can see how Lucy Letby was able to get away with her crimes as she herself was 'blacklisted' when she reported a colleague.

A few of the calls into LBC are damming. Obviously, these are random people calling in with no one verifying that they are who they say they are but, it matches the experiences of the people that initially raised concerns about Letby.

9 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

A few of the calls into LBC are damming. Obviously, these are random people calling in with no one verifying that they are who they say they are but, it matches the experiences of the people that initially raised concerns about Letby.

That's the only LBC video I have ever looked at but that one sounded genuine to me, she could describe procedures and more. Plus what she had to say comes across as plausible.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That's the only LBC video I have ever looked at but that one sounded genuine to me, she could describe procedures and more. Plus what she had to say comes across as plausible.

I get that employment law requires you to be fair to everyone and not to just jump on any complaint at the first opportunity but the concerns in the Letby case were so vast and it’s blatantly obvious that the hospital were trying to save their own skin.

I’ll say it again, none of the main players will show up at the inquiry. They’ll seek legal representation and be told not to speak 

16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Really? Have you not read this thread?

37 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

Really? Have you not read this thread?

Not the type of social media I'm talking about. 

Lone Striker
23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not the type of social media I'm talking about. 

What other social media is more important or relevant than JKB ? 

C'mon - spill the beans   😉

been here before
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What other social media is more important or relevant than JKB ? 

C'mon - spill the beans   😉

Well mumsnet and the Daily Mail comments for a start.

Unless Im being unreasonable.

Edited by been here before

Unknown user
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I can't help wondering why the 4 paediatricians who thought bairns were being killed didn't go to the police after management didn't take action. If you thought bairns were being harmed, would your manager be able to stop you?

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I can't help wondering why the 4 paediatricians who thought bairns were being killed didn't go to the police after management didn't take action. If you thought bairns were being harmed, would your manager be able to stop you?

possibly fear of losing their career and being blacklisted

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

possibly fear of losing their career and being blacklisted

Would that be your priority if bairns were dying?

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Would that be your priority if bairns were dying?

Weren’t they threatened with disciplinary action if they went to the police?  And of course at that stage they may have thought it was incompetence - which would be for the hospital / trust to deal with.  It’s a huge leap - an almost unimaginable leap to start thinking babies were actually being murdered.

Edit:  And where would the police’s first port of call have been?  The hospital trust.

Edited by FWJ

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sentencing today. Surely a whole life sentence, no?

Should be a case of locking her up and throwing away the key.

These victim statements are harrowing. 

How dare that coward refuse to attend and listen to the impact she has had.

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Should be a case of locking her up and throwing away the key.

Put her against a wall and shoot her.....😡

Day@theraces

She should be absolutely forced to be in court for sentencing and to hear the Victims statements, even if she has to be wheeled in Hannibal Lecter style.

I just hope that the 2 managers who were repeatedly warned about Letby and choose to ignore the warnings, face a criminal investigation and possible charges.

Former nursing manager Alison Kelly who was at the Countess of Chester Hospital at the time of Letby's crimes and did nothing about them, has, in light of information emerging at the trial, been suspended from her position at Northern Care Alliance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66569258

Good, but there are more senior managers who need to be brought to account for their inaction.

59 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I just hope that the 2 managers who were repeatedly warned about Letby and choose to ignore the warnings, face a criminal investigation and possible charges.

Absolutely, this goes far deeper than Letby. There should be further charges brought to those who ignored the warnings. 

Shooter McGavin

I don’t get the capital punishment argument. That just seems like a quick get out for someone like this.

Would much rather they got proper life sentences, and lived the rest of their life in misery and fear.

I can’t even imagine how someone could mentally deal with the fact they’ll be in a cell until they die, knowing how great life can be and how you only get one chance at it and you’ve completely f***** yours.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Day@theraces said:

She should be absolutely forced to be in court for sentencing and to hear the Victims statements, even if she has to be wheeled in Hannibal Lecter style.

Every chance she would have enjoyed listening to the Victims' statements. She probably watched and revelled in their agony whilst on duty in the hospital. 

She won't have the courage to face the families again, though, now that she's been exposed and proven to be a murderer of helpless babies.

I seriously doubt that she will survive long in prison.

They should be piping those victim statements and sentencing into whatever cell she is holed up in if she refused to attend the courtroom.

Horatio Caine
52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I just don't understand why anyone would do that let alone a nurse. 

Because they are seriously mentally ill.

joondalupjambo

Without understanding anything about the legal rules / issues currently in place that allow the guilty to chose not to appear at sentencing is it not the case that said legal rules/ issues are the problem and not the person?  At the moment Letby has the right to refuse albeit that sounds mad when you think about it.

Change the rules to make sure guilty people have to attend and if they refuse drag them in if need be.  Is that not what needs done?

This is not the first time this has happened so why do the judiciary not change the rules?  What are the issues stopping that happening?

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Without understanding anything about the legal rules / issues currently in place that allow the guilty to chose not to appear at sentencing is it not the case that said legal rules/ issues are the problem and not the person?  At the moment Letby has the right to refuse albeit that sounds mad when you think about it.

Change the rules to make sure guilty people have to attend and if they refuse drag them in if need be.  Is that not what needs done?

This is not the first time this has happened so why do the judiciary not change the rules?  What are the issues stopping that happening?  Edit - appears that politicians need to get involved to influence the change.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/636546

5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

This is not the first time this has happened so why do the judiciary not change the rules?  What are the issues stopping that happening?

Change in the law.

The Government promised to do that some time ago but presumably hasn't been able to fit in it alongside ending protest and making immigration harder. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good thing as well is that it’s almost impossible for her to appeal this.

She can appeal the convictions, although she would have to present new evidence and she won’t have any.

But without overturning those convictions, she’s got zero change of arguing that a whole life sentence is disproportionate.

The last anyone’s seen of her, which is a small comfort I guess. I really can’t get my head around the idea of sitting in a cell from the age of 33 onwards, knowing the heinous things you’ve done. Truly baffling.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Change in the law.

The Government promised to do that some time ago but presumably hasn't been able to fit in it alongside ending protest and making immigration harder. 

Yeah, they really do have their priorities in order.

But now the Daily Mail are hot on it, they’ll have the law changed in no time.

Charlatans