***Official Fiorentina v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

And.....? I'd say not enough evidence to support your point. Insufficient sample size.

Folk are simultaneously saying "see, RFS did it, why can't we?" and saying "we have to have a go." Sometimes these enviable results we see from other clubs are from "negative football."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Folk are simultaneously saying "see, RFS did it, why can't we?" and saying "we have to have a go." Sometimes these enviable results we see from other clubs are from "negative football."

Riga didn’t “huv a go” at Fiorentina

Fiorentina had about 30 shots on goal

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Riga didn’t “huv a go” at Fiorentina

Fiorentina had about 30 shots on goal

Twenty five, the same as against us and Lazio who beat them 4 nil, Motherwell had 25 against us when we beat them 3 nil. I think we had 25 against Gretna.
Doesn’t really mean much 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he gets the tactics right and they beat us then fair enough but if we roll over again he will be criticised. 

That's all I and most hearts fans want to see tbh, we just want some kind of game plan, something different from Robbie 101 coaching of a back 5 and sit with 10 men behind the ball and hope to keep the score down, that plus 100% effort from the players. Just give us a couple of shots on target at the very least 🙏🙏🙏

Reckon we need tactics and performance similar to the craig beattie game v celtic.  Keep it tight first half. Close them down. Then have a go second half, looked to nick a goal, then keep it tight again and hope for a one goal win.

We need a tactical masterclass tonight from Robbie! 🙄

Edited by Rocky jamboa

Given the quality they have and the defence we are likely to have to field it will take a footballing miracle for us to get anything positive from this one.

Hopefully nothing too embarrassing and a clean bill of health so we can focus on Sunday. 

Only one way to win this and it’s to start with sibbick at centre half. This will be his game to kick start his hearts career. Starts, dominates and we win. He then goes on to be a legend at hearts 

5 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Only one way to win this and it’s to start with sibbick at centre half. This will be his game to kick start his hearts career. Starts, dominates and we win. He then goes on to be a legend at hearts 

There's nothing wrong with drinking in the morning if it makes you this optimistic.

About to play a big European tie which we fought for the right to play last season and yet there are clowns still arguing about Robbie on another thread.  Tonight is very daunting task but it's Hearts and I will start the game with hope as always MON 💓

Gordon

Natty Cochrane Kingsley Halliday

Cammy Haring Kio

Forrest                           Humphreys

Shankland

14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Cammy Haring Kio

Shankland

Decent team that, wouldn't be gutted if that's how we went, I like the middle to front part,

it's just the defensive part I'm worried about, I think we will go with a back 3 though, With Smith out the real Dilemma is who do you play at RCB, the only natural one we have available is Toby Sibbick, do we throw him in the lions den? Or would that be a mistake? Does he deserve another chance? I personally would go with the back 3 of 

Sibbick Haring Kingsley 

For me it's the best we can do in a pretty shite situation, at least two of those 3 are in their natural positions and Haring was a CB before being converted to midfield,  so should know how to play there.

I'd go

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Grant Cochrane 

Forrest Shankland Humphrey’s 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Bet365.  Hearts have gone 22s,  20s,  18s,  16s.  Kudos to all the Hearts fans' fivers and tenners.  Great faith.  

Might be Fiorentina fans after the last result!

All this have a go chat is absolutely chronic. 

2 banks of 5, work our bollocks off denying them space and frustrating them is the only credible option we have . 

Some of these teams I've seen with 3 up top is absolute suicide against the quality of opposition with our calibre of player.

Hopefully Robbie is leaning quickly that a 2 man mid and 3 advanced players just doesn't work against the likes of Fiorentina, Istanbul and Rangers we inevitably get over ran and mullered. 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Cammy Haring Kio

Shankland

I really hope that isn't our back 4, we'll get slaughtered if it is.

Chances of Cammy getting another rest today? 

Midfield and front 3 is probably how id go given McKays form at the moment.

5 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

I really hope that isn't our back 4, we'll get slaughtered if it is.

Chances of Cammy getting another rest today? 

Midfield and front 3 is probably how id go given McKays form at the moment.

Devlin will surely play, seeing as he’s suspended for Sunday.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Cammy Haring Kio

Shankland

That's what I'd go for.

The defence is not ideal whatever we go for but I think that's the best of the bad options.

Would have been difficult enough with a full strength team, although kind of exciting to see what we could do. 

With all the players missing I have to agree with the idea of doing an RFS. We're going up against a superior team with a defence potentially made up of four full backs and a bench of out of favour players and youngsters.

Two banks of five and go all out to hold out until half time for me. They're low on confidence themselves, frustrate and see what happens. The defence needs protected as a priority.

Would play Sibbick at centre half mind you. He's had his time out of the limelight. We're paying him to be a professional footballer, either we use him or loan him out. Can't just sit there when we're crying out for centre backs. 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Cammy Haring Kio

Shankland

I honestly don't know why he won't play Haring in defence. It seems quite obvious to me.  Only thing I can think of is we don't see training, and perhaps it's been tried and was disaster.  You'd think he'd do well as a stop-gap at the moment eh.

With that in mind, hard to say what he should do.  I'd personally not have Shankland up front in a game like this.  I'd play Humphrys up there and get someone close to him, preferably Gino, but don't know his injury status...?

3 in midfield a must, which leads us to a 532 or 433/4312 type thing.

Who knows basically.  If we put 2 in midfield, they overrun us again is all we know for def.  Well, that and we'll need some amount of luck to get anything.  Perhaps all the luck Hibs have had all season has been saved for us tonight!

20 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think Grant will play instead of Haring in the line up that I said I'd go for above.

You would hope so. 

Malinga the Swinga

Do I think we will get a positive result tonight. No, I think we'll get comfortably beat. 

That doesn't stop me hoping we can keep it right, nab a goal from somewhere and somehow, with a team less it's centre half's, get out of there with a smile on our faces.

Regardless of result, trust our supporters over in Italy will have a great time and get back safely. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I honestly don't know why he won't play Haring in defence. It seems quite obvious to me.  Only thing I can think of is we don't see training, and perhaps it's been tried and was disaster.  You'd think he'd do well as a stop-gap at the moment eh.

With that in mind, hard to say what he should do.  I'd personally not have Shankland up front in a game like this.  I'd play Humphrys up there and get someone close to him, preferably Gino, but don't know his injury status...?

3 in midfield a must, which leads us to a 532 or 433/4312 type thing.

Who knows basically.  If we put 2 in midfield, they overrun us again is all we know for def.  Well, that and we'll need some amount of luck to get anything.  Perhaps all the luck Hibs have had all season has been saved for us tonight!

I agree now re just Humphrys and not Shankland as well to start. This allows McKay and Forrest to play.

433 for me

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

That's all I and most hearts fans want to see tbh, we just want some kind of game plan, something different from Robbie 101 coaching of a back 5 and sit with 10 men behind the ball and hope to keep the score down, that plus 100% effort from the players. Just give us a couple of shots on target at the very least 🙏🙏🙏

Spot on 

19 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I agree now re just Humphrys and not Shankland as well to start. This allows McKay and Forrest to play.

433 for me

Yeah.  Not giving up on Shanks by any stretch, but imo these aren't the games for him.  Perhaps v the OF aren't either frankly.  He's for when we expect more ball and more territory and can be clever around the box.  Humphrys (and Gino) are more types that can hopefully be an outball and win us at least some rest, at most some chances.  And hey if we're in it come last 15, Shanks not a bad guy to bring on.

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah.  Not giving up on Shanks by any stretch, but imo these aren't the games for him.  Perhaps v the OF aren't either frankly.  He's for when we expect more ball and more territory and can be clever around the box.  Humphrys (and Gino) are more types that can hopefully be an outball and win us at least some rest, at most some chances.  And hey if we're in it come last 15, Shanks not a bad guy to bring on.

Take it the game will be on in the boozers around Gorgie? 

Random one. Does the 1874 bar at Tynecastle do food? Was there pre-covid and it did sell pies behind the bar. Not sure if it still does.

Heading there tonight straight from work so need some food.

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Take it the game will be on in the boozers around Gorgie? 

You asking me!?!  haha.  I duno!

It'll be on in my hoose, if you want to come roond!

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You asking me!?!  haha.  I duno!

It'll be on in my hoose, if you want to come roond!

Not seen either of the last 2.  Feel I should make the effort! Thanks for the offer! Will head to Diggers. Enjoy. If possible.

Gordon 

Natty.    Sibbick    Kingsley.   Cochrane 

Devlin 

Kio.                           Halliday 

Grant 

Shanks.          Humps.  

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

D7661B78-14C3-47FD-820C-B64F2C310D45.thumb.jpeg.382d5b42e9620dc4576156f3ec141fc4.jpeg

RFS were extremely lucky to get a point 

They were indeed. Out of interest what was our xG in the home leg against Fiorentina?

Just now, Taffin said:

They were indeed. Out of interest what was our xG in the home leg against Fiorentina?

It’s not pretty viewing 6CB41636-A237-427E-AFCC-52869175D945.thumb.jpeg.24cad19cd738b9e32a504b4c501c76c6.jpeg

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, DB1874 said:

Would have been difficult enough with a full strength team, although kind of exciting to see what we could do. 

With all the players missing I have to agree with the idea of doing an RFS. We're going up against a superior team with a defence potentially made up of four full backs and a bench of out of favour players and youngsters.

Two banks of five and go all out to hold out until half time for me. They're low on confidence themselves, frustrate and see what happens. The defence needs protected as a priority.

Would play Sibbick at centre half mind you. He's had his time out of the limelight. We're paying him to be a professional footballer, either we use him or loan him out. Can't just sit there when we're crying out for centre backs. 

Got to agree ref Sibbick. I fear for Cochrane in there.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Pretty sure i read Gino has stayed behind and not travelled.

14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

It’s not pretty viewing 6CB41636-A237-427E-AFCC-52869175D945.thumb.jpeg.24cad19cd738b9e32a504b4c501c76c6.jpeg

Ooh, I regret asking now 😂

I'm sure we'll see better tonight ! 👍

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Pretty sure i read Gino has stayed behind and not travelled.

Yeah just saw on SSN that he, Smith and GMS didn’t travel. 

Three in the middle of the park please Robbie!

Got killed in there last week.....and for the love of God let's try and hold the ball for spells.

Fearful of a right doing here but it's football and there's always a chance of an upset no matter how small it is. 451 for me with a midfield sitter.....that'll do it

south morocco
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

100% agree. But will be surprised if LS isn't in the 11 today 

All I want is for Hearts to actually resemble a functioning football team instead of 11 wee bunnies frozen in car headlights.

Anything else above that is a bonus, at this stage.

Gordon

sibbick

haring

kingsley

atkinson

cochrane

devlin

kio

grant 

halliday

forrest

humphreys

532 for me with Forrest trying to get near Humphrey’s. Pack the centre of the park and hope for the best in the break. Mckay and shankland on the bench as we need guys that will work hard and chase them down. Try and press them higher up the pitch.