• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Cannae wait for the wee windows that give you wine. 

:sweeet:

Likely need it!! Lol. Not expecting anything positive from out there.

If we can keep it at 3 I'd take it.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If I was booked for a trip there I'd go on a wine tour and make the most of their samples instead of going to the match.

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Likely need it!! Lol. Not expecting anything positive from out there.

If we can keep it at 3 I'd take it.

The games a side show. All about the trip this. 

tartofmidlothian
Just now, davemclaren said:

Undefeated away from home in this group so far. 😎

And the only team to have beaten the mighty Latvians so far...

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

And the only team to have beaten the mighty Latvians so far...

Correct.  Always look on the bright side of life.... 😎

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You do know that they give you it in exchange for currency right?

Gorgie_Rules

Full backs playing in centre back

Usual ‘have a go’ shouts despite being miles off it in all departments

Neilson to take more stick after

4,000 jambos to have a memorable trip of a lifetime regardless

Shooter McGavin
23 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Buzzing for this trip.

Me too, we as a whole need to see this game for what it is, a glamour tie against a club with a large footprint in Europe in a lovely, historic city.

If people decide to go over there with the mindset that we must win it and anything less is a disgrace, then I’m not sure what to say really.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

The games a side show. All about the trip this. 

Yup,spurs and Liverpool were the same.

No expectations at all.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Me too, we as a whole need to see this game for what it is, a glamour tie against a club with a large footprint in Europe in a lovely, historic city.

If people decide to go over there with the mindset that we must win it and anything less is a disgrace, then I’m not sure what to say really.

Not sure anyone is daft enough. A draw would be a phenomenal result!! Can't even imagine how a win would feel!!!

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup,spurs and Liverpool were the same.

No expectations at all.

I wasn't at Spurs. Liverpool was incredible though. Never celebrated a goal like it. 

Shooter McGavin
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure anyone is daft enough. A draw would be a phenomenal result!! Can't even imagine how a win would feel!!!

Oh I beg to differ 😂

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

I wasn't at Spurs. Liverpool was incredible though. Never celebrated a goal like it. 

Sure I've still got a dent in my shin!

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Oh I beg to differ 😂

Haha aye theres one or 2 I can think of that will be expecting 3 points!!

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

goodsandservices.jpg

scott herbertson
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

She doesn't look like the sort, but I'll take your word for it.....

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

She doesn't look like the sort, but I'll take your word for it.....

They never do mate, they never do.....

Sibbicks surely got to start at right centre back , can't be any worse than we've sen the last 3 games.

Gordon 

Natty Sibbick King  Alex

Haring    

Kio    Cammy   Grant

McKay 

Humphries

Pack out  the midfield to deny space and protect the back 4.

McKay gets a free role to do what he wants . Humphries to try and hold up play for our midfield breakers .

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

No way!!! 

:wow:

Well if it's not free then as an alternative to sitting down at a table and having someone bring it to you it's not quite all its cracked up to be. Probably why there's only one working one left in the city.

16 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Oh my! 

Not exactly secret anymore, thought it was only open 18:00 for an hour or so but there was a Q when I passed it yesterday.

Good sandwich or street food places - Foccacine Bondi just of the Via Nazionale on the way to the central market (good and lively as well) on the west side if coming from the station, and Semel close by the Sant’Ambrogio market on the east side of the central area.

more advice here https://thecuriousappetite.com/2021/05/25/where-to-eat-budget-cheap-in-florence-italy/

Got to try and not get an absolute pumping over there, it has the potential to get very messy! They are clearly a few levels above us, bare minimum required is a decent showing with some fight and passion from the players. 

Horatio Caine

Ok JKB - all you master tacticians out there - I'm just a guy who enjoys his football and love to see Hearts winning and scoring etc.  With this match coming up on Thursday, if you are the coach, what tactics do you use?  I don't know - I'm conflicted;  if you attack them, you'll lose; if you try to contain them, you'll lose.  So, you're the coach, how do you approach this game?

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Ok JKB - all you master tacticians out there - I'm just a guy who enjoys his football and love to see Hearts winning and scoring etc.  With this match coming up on Thursday, if you are the coach, what tactics do you use?  I don't know - I'm conflicted;  if you attack them, you'll lose; if you try to contain them, you'll lose.  So, you're the coach, how do you approach this game?

It’s not the system that will beat us.

First and foremost they are better man for man. Secondly we have to really want to combat them in the middle of the park to have any slip of a chance. And we need to defend like our lives depended on it, not some half arsed it’s okay Craig will save it nonsense we saw last week

Think we should really be looking to even up the number in midfield for a start.

Gordon 

Neilson Kingsley Cochrane 

Atkinson Devlin Grant Kio Haliday 

Shankland Humphrys

The 343 just doesn't work and I'm not sure 4231 is much better.Wish we had another centreback then Cochrane could take Haliday's place but doesn't look like Sibbick is trusted at all.

I'd give Zander Diamond his debut and slot him in between Sir CG and Cheesy. 👍

Seriously... I feel we need to pack out our midfield and close them down quick... an sort of 4-5-1 - and just hope we can catch them on the break. The 1 up front would be Humphrys.

Sir CG

Smith   Haring    Kingsley   Cochrane

Natty   Kio   Devlin   Sibbick   McKay

Humphrys

...yip, Sibbick, I think he would be ideal in a def mid position. He's quick and can get in a tackle.

Play 2 goalkeepers, or 10 men in defence :lol: 

We're about to play a team who are a lot better than us, and easily dismantled us even before the sending off away from home.  If we were looking to change things formation-wise for a game like this, we could try adopting a 4-5-1 setup with Humphrys playing a lone striker role.  He seems to be quite comfortable with the ball and I think he could do the job of holding on to the ball as well as driving forward when he's got support.  3 in central mid would help prevent us from being overrun, and would allow for the 4 in defence to keep their shape.  I'm assuming Neilson is suspended for this one, so it might have to look something like.

Gordon
   Atkinson  -  Sibbick  -  Kingsley  -  Cochrane 

Forrest  -  Devlin  -  Grant  -  Kio  -  Halliday/McKay

Humphrys

When we're going forward, Forrest and McKay can move forward along the wings to support Humphrys in more advanced positions, and Atkinson and Cochrane can move forward into their position in the middle.  When we're defending, they drop back to how they were.  It allows us to keep 3 in midfield for both attack and defence, and means the Centre Backs don't need to commit themselves too far forward.  It's like a 3-5-2 (as suggested above) but with more cover against a better team.

Edited by tian447

Howdy Doody Jambo

We have to attack at some point to win the game,we will get a chance to score but will need to take it, we will not out pass them they will have more of the ball so we have to go man for man and win the individual battles with discipline, I would think it will be like going to Parkhead or Ibrox when sit behind the ball and soak up the pressure 

4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 pack the midfield and keep the defence simple,a lot of energy, hungry aggressive attitude and lots of good luck I'd start Humphrys to run his socks off for 75 minutes, then put on Shanks to get the goal 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Play 2 goalkeepers, or 10 men in defence :lol: 

We're about to play a team who are a lot better than us, and easily dismantled us even before the sending off away from home.  If we were looking to change things formation-wise for a game like this, we could try adopting a 4-5-1 setup with Humphrys playing a lone striker role.  He seems to be quite comfortable with the ball and I think he could do the job of holding on to the ball as well as driving forward when he's got support.  3 in central mid would help prevent us from being overrun, and would allow for the 4 in defence to keep their shape.  I'm assuming Neilson is suspended for this one, so it might have to look something like.

Gordon
   Atkinson  -  Sibbick  -  Kingsley  -  Cochrane 

Forrest  -  Devlin  -  Grant  -  Kio  -  Halliday/McKay

Humphrys

When we're going forward, Forrest and McKay can move forward along the wings to support Humphrys in more advanced positions, and Atkinson and Cochrane can move forward into their position in the middle.  When we're defending, they drop back to how they were.  It allows us to keep 3 in midfield for both attack and defence, and means the Centre Backs don't need to commit themselves too far forward.  It's like a 3-5-2 (as suggested above) but with more cover against a better team.

Aye it looks good for the job we really need McKay and Forrest to put a shift in though.I thought about 451 but thought our striker would just become completely isolated at least with two up top it would give us something on the break with them playing such a high line.

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Tactics, there's an idea.

Game is won in the midfield.

Let's play with two players in our midfield.

You know that's what it will end up with 😒

That's probably the best question I have read all season OP.  As a fan I honestly don't know what I would do.  It's a group game with nothing to lose so we have to find a way to compete and be a threat.  Our problem is defence.  We have no foundation to build from.  

Get through without any more injuries to key players is the priority. We are 25/1 for a reason. 

We do however need to try give a better account of ourselves and try impose ourselves on the game a bit more. I think its essential we go for a more compact midfield, especially with the centre of defence ransacked. With Sibbick our only fit natural centre back he has to play imo.

Gordon

Smith  Sibbick Kingsley

Atkinson                     Cochrane

Haring Grant Devlin

Humphreys  Shankland

We are going to have to battle more in midfield with fresh legs of Devlin and Haring.

Longer ball up to Humphreys can hopefully bring Shankland into the game more, width (when not totally pinned back) from Atkinson and Cochrane.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

3-6-1

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Kingsley

Haring

Atkinson Kio  Devlin Cochrane

Grant

Humprhys

Flood the midfield with a diamond. Play with Wing backs for cover and it's gonna be a hard shift up top for Humphrys but he has some more pace power and ability in the air than what Shankland has.

At least there will be a bit of grit in the middle and as strong a defensive line as we can probably put out. A right footer at RCB, a left footer at LCB and the only fit CB we have at CB.

Be lucky to come away with a point but if Riga can do so there's no reason why we can't attempt it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think you try and emulate what RFS did, Fiorentina had as many shots against them as they did against us though (as did Motherwell).
RFS had two chances and took one, hopefully we can do that. Try and disrupt what they do well. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

3-6-1

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Kingsley

Haring

Grant

Humprhys

Flood the midfield with a diamond. Play with Wing backs for cover and it's gonna be a hard shift up top for Humphrys but he has some more pace power and ability in the air than what Shankland has.

At least there will be a bit of grit in the middle and as strong a defensive line as we can probably put out. A right footer at RCB, a left footer at LCB and the only fit CB we have at CB.

Be lucky to come away with a point but if Riga can do so there's no reason why we can't attempt it.

Looks good to me 👍🏽

42 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

3-6-1

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Kingsley

Haring

Grant

Humprhys

I like this, it's basically damage limitation and see if we can catch them on the break. I just think Humphries would be at nothing up top on his own though.