• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

avhudtheteeshirt

Watched the game last night on Bt Sports, Craigan did a character assassination on the whole Hearts team in the second half?

Said only Shankland was an upgrade on last season??

He obviously never played in a team ravaged by injuries against top opposition!!!! 

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Watched the game last night on Bt Sports, Craigan did a character assassination on the whole Hearts team in the second half?

He obviously never played in a team ravaged by injuries against top opposition!!!! 

I said to my missus, there's no way him & McLean would ever have trashed Rangers like they did Hearts last night. And that daft bint in the studio was something else at the end , it was like her puppy had just died. 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Your wrong, it's my lucky pants that haven't been performing. I will have a word with them.

If they talk back to you it may be time to wash them

Now that the dust has settled my emotions at the end of the game were a huge sigh of relief despite the 5 1 score line. At half time I really feared the worst in terms of a record defeat such was the ease they were carving us open. You could see by Robbie Nelson's demeanour when interviewed at the end he was thinking something similar. Why he started with Allan Forrest who was an isolated figure offering no out ball was beyond me . It was a horses for courses game and thankfully he did something about it at half time. In his defence injuries to our best players have had a severe impact on available resources which together with the gulf in class has made life difficult for us. In the final analysis European involvement is little more than a vital moneymaking venture and an opportunity to distance ourselves financially from our direct competitors. Hopefully we can possibly get nearer those teams in the future 

3 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Was that Craigan? Rowles and Atkinson are clear up grades to our squad, and there was nothing we could do about Simms. The reason we are not performing as well as we did last season is because we have lost Rowles , Halkett, Beni and Boyce, you could also say MacKay because he's not the same player without Boyce beside him, that's half of our best team. I think that the Conference has not been a great thing in terms of injuries and performance levels because it has stretched an already fairly limited squad, especially so with the injuries.

We're not even a quarter way through this season although it does seem longer. We'll know a lot mor by Christmas, but we'll surely be bringing in at least one more CB.

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Was that Craigan? Rowles and Atkinson are clear up grades to our squad, and there was nothing we could do about Simms. The reason we are not performing as well as we did last season is because we have lost Rowles , Halkett, Beni and Boyce, you could also say MacKay because he's not the same player without Boyce beside him, that's half of our best team. I think that the Conference has not been a great thing in terms of injuries and performance levels because it has stretched an already fairly limited squad, especially so with the injuries.

We're not even a quarter way through this season although it does seem longer. We'll know a lot mor by Christmas, but we'll surely be bringing in at least one more CB.

Rowles isn't better than Soutar - yet.  Atkinson isn't an upgrade on anybody - yet.

Craigan is right, the squad hasn't been upgraded.

4 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

He completely ignored Humphrys too who was our Man of the Match. 

I was pretty worried at half time we were heading into Dundee United or Rangers territory for defeats. The second half, in isolation , was a decent performance and the goal well made and taken.

4 minutes ago, briever said:

Rowles isn't better than Soutar - yet.  Atkinson isn't an upgrade on anybody - yet.

Humphrys is an upgrade on our strikers pre January (ie before the arrival of Simms).

Clark is a better second string keeper. It's not all doom and gloom.

2 minutes ago, briever said:

Rowles was certainly an upgrade on Souttar, if only because he actually played a few games.  Atkinson was an upgrade to the squad because he is actually a good player, with development potential and pace, although he's out an out and out full back for sure.

8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Humphrys is an upgrade on our strikers pre January (ie before the arrival of Simms).

Clark is a better second string keeper. It's not all doom and gloom.

Nice moving of the goalposts.

Ooooh a second string goalie that wont be used till next season.

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Rowles was certainly an upgrade on Souttar, if only because he actually played a few games.  Atkinson was an upgrade to the squad because he is actually a good player, with development potential and pace, although he's out an out and out full back for sure.

Atikinson is a soft ***** that cant defend - yes he scored a nice goal on Sunday - but I'd rather have a defender that doesn't fall down at the slightest contact.

Having now seen the highlights I have to say I thought Craig Gordon had a poor game 

I appreciate the opposition we’re decent but he wasn’t at his best.

Possibly because of the shambles in front of him

Edited by Jamhammer

Brighton Jambo
20 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agreed. BBC radio guy just made that point. We need a win next game though and hopefully we will get it.

If we do win that and Fiorentina don’t win we go into the final match with an outside chance of qualifying.

I know it almost certainly won’t happen but we would have taken that scenario at the start of the group. 

Not sure what to say about the defence anymore since they are all playing out of position but thought Gordon again was poor, he needs a rest.  Cochrane has been really poor defensively, too often misses tackles, losses headers and makes regular stupid fouls. He is still a defender by trade.

9 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Typo.

3 CBs - Halkett, Rowles, Neilson

Neilson is just a rookie. We only have one truly experienced CB…and that’s Halkett. Even Rowles isn’t that experienced. Our squad is just not of the size or quality that is required to play in Europe and do well in the league.

manaliveits105

Good teams are built from goalkeeper and two solid central defenders as a starting point - we should have had solid replacements in the squad not makeshifts 

19 hours ago, briever said:

Nice moving of the goalposts.

Ooooh a second string goalie that wont be used till next season.

Not really moving the goal posts Simms was here between January and May only and he did well so warned a move to a rich club.

As for Clark if he can come for a cross ball and kick the ball better he may get a few games sooner rather than later.

I've not written off Kio and Snoddy yet either both different players from Beni but give us good options. Forrest has been better than GMS too.

Grant's a disappointment after a promising start.

On 14/10/2022 at 06:57, Gorgi1874 said:

Starting to think my Heart's undies and socks are unlucky, every time I wear them we get beat. I'm going to launch them, until then give Robbie a chance, my scants could be the problem.

Confession:

The 5-1 loss to Fiorentina rests squarely on my shoulders.

Why?

Because I had the superstitious belief that wearing my Lucky 2012 Scottish Cup Winning Commemorative Top (see pic. below) would be the talisman for a famous victory.

Alas, it was not to be. The footballing Gods made an error by transposing 1-5 into 5-1.

Hence, Robbie, the players, and the Club are absolved as we were doomed from the get-go. My bad.

Screenshot_20221015-121947_Gallery.jpg

On 15/10/2022 at 12:29, Wee Mikey said:

Confession:

The 5-1 loss to Fiorentina rests squarely on my shoulders.

Why?

Because I had the superstitious belief that wearing my Lucky 2012 Scottish Cup Winning Commemorative Top (see pic. below) would be the talisman for a famous victory.

Alas, it was not to be. The footballing Gods made an error by transposing 1-5 into 5-1.

Hence, Robbie, the players, and the Club are absolved as we were doomed from the get-go. My bad.

Screenshot_20221015-121947_Gallery.jpg

😆 There's definitely something in that. What a night though.