***Official Fiorentina v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Kio Haring 

Gino McKay

Humphrys. 

4-3-3 in attack, 4-5-1 in defence. Humphrys, Gino & McKay are all pacy & will carry the ball up the park. We need outballs when under pressure defensively & to give them something to think about. Humphrys is more a physical presence about him. 

Agreed re Humph.....but played through the middle rather than on the right wing where the brain of Britain had him playing until Sunday - ho could be a perfect foil for Shankland. 

Kingsley though is not a centre back - I'd have given Haring a shot back there by now but thats why Im sitting at home rather than at Tynie - thinking of new excuses. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• neilnunb

• sadj

20 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

To me Sibbick in the middle of a 4-5-1 or a 3-6-1 is a bit of a potayto/potahto thing. You want his height back there to deal with headers but don't want him on an island defensively.

Said this earlier in the thread.. I'd have Sibbick in midfield for this one. He's very quick for closing down and can get in a tackle. Could actually be an important player this game along with Devlin.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Kio Haring 

Gino McKay

Humphrys. 

4-3-3 in attack, 4-5-1 in defence. Humphrys, Gino & McKay are all pacy & will carry the ball up the park. We need outballs when under pressure defensively & to give them something to think about. Humphrys is more a physical presence about him. 

Having watched them against Lazio last night I think your team might just work, the out ball was a pass over the top for the strikers. They can he got at through the middle, RFS has two chances like this when they played them. 

This thread really annoys me … it reminds me that the trip is about the match not just having a fun trip 😉 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Its going to be a tough ,tough game for sure.

Theyve got a handful of top , top players.

We need to be on it from the first whistle and work hard without the ball, but the speed of transition holds the key.One things for sure the match will last 90+ mins. Im just hoping Robbie doesnt go gung ho and instead tries to contain them , parking the bus right along our 18 yard line til we frustrate them and  turn their noisey fans against them.

I think thats a plan that might just work.

If we can retain possession, exercise self discipline and perform to our best then im sure a positive result will be possible.

That being said if we hand them 2 goals of a start like we did Killie then i dont see any way back for us and the ensuing negative result will heep more pressure on our management team.

A draw of course is possible however scoring as many as they do will be key to this being the result as I dont see us keeping a clean sheet in Tuscany.

Theres some really great museums and architecture to view and the magical Ponte Vecchio is well worth a visit. I cant decide wether Venice or Florence was my favourite Italian city however some say Genoa is nice too! 

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Said this earlier in the thread.. I'd have Sibbick in midfield for this one. He's very quick for closing down and can get in a tackle. Could actually be an important player this game along with Devlin.

Sibbick is too much of a bomb scare....I know Kio wasn't great last couple of games, but better than Sibbick i think....

5 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Sibbick is too much of a bomb scare....I know Kio wasn't great last couple of games, but better than Sibbick i think....

...he's a bit of a bomb scare as a centre-back as he doesn't 'attack' balls - he wants to let them bounce first which is criminal. His position is midfield - where he can be effective IMO.

I'd have him in there with Kio and Devlin... packing out the midfield area, so to speak. We can't afford to let them having time on the ball - I think the 3 of them would counter this well.

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...he's a bit of a bomb scare as a centre-back as he doesn't 'attack' balls - he wants to let them bounce first which is criminal. His position is midfield - where he can be effective IMO.

I'd have him in there with Kio and Devlin... packing out the midfield area, so to speak. We can't afford to let them having time on the ball - I think the 3 of them would counter this well.

I had put Haring in my midfield in an earlier post but he’s too slow at this level & only guaranteed to either get a yellow. 

Sibbick though is a better shout. 

I can't see us getting anything from this the way we're playing just now. However, Hearts to win 1 nil and Humphreys first goal is 550/1! 😳 Worth a pound or two! 😁

They got skudded 4-0 from Lazio. If we sit in and let them play like we do any good side Celtic Rangers etc etc we'll get pumped.

I expect absolutely nothing from this game, want us to win/draw and then beat Riga comfortably so I can book Istanbul at £283!

3 hours ago, fila said:

We will get pumped, still wish I was over there 

Can’t see us being so wasteful and so poor defensively this time round. We need to shut them down and chase and harry for 90 minutes, stop crosses and track runners properly. We need to defend higher up the pitch and hope they don’t get in behind or run away from us. And hopefully we get a chance to test them at the back and see how good or otherwise they actually are.

0-0 for me. And that gives us a chance of qualifying 

Edited by JimmyCant

BRAVEHEART1874

gordon

smith harring kingsley

atkinson  kio devlin cochrane

grant

humphreys  shankland

with mckay forest ginelly sibbick as subs / formation change 

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Can’t see us being so wasteful and so poor defensively this time round. We need to shut them down and chase and harry for 90 minutes, stop crosses and track runners properly. We need to defend higher up the pitch and hope they don’t get in behind or run away from us. And hopefully we get a chance to test them at the back and see how good or otherwise they actually are.

0-0 for me. And that gives us a chance of qualifying 

Would take that

Truly hoping we go there and win, just so I can book up istanbul. Can't see it tho, but if we sit as deep as we have against ''good'' teams we'll continue to get beat.

Bazzas right boot

If we defend a bit deeper and if we  don't concede early we'll give ourselves a platform to cause a surprise.

I'd encourage them up the field and use Gino and Mckay as the outlets down the channels

I can't see anything other than a home win, but if we frustrate them they'll become a bit nervous then you never know.

Defend we'll and keep the ball when we get it, nae early goals conceded. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

4-3-3

God

Atkinson, Smith, Kingsley, Cochrane

Devlin, Grant, Kio

Forrest/McKay, Shankland, Humphrys

Having God in goals might be our only chance of getting a result.

Gordon 

Natty  Smith Kingsley Alex

Haring   Gio

Grant    Cammy    Halliday

Humphries 

Get a foothold in the game instead of losing early goals  

RFK sat in and denied them space , we need to work our bollocks of to do the same. 

The last quarter of the game is when we should be looking to Barry, Shanks and Gino  

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we defend a bit deeper and if we  don't concede early we'll give ourselves a platform to cause a surprise.

I'd encourage them up the field and use Gino and Mckay as the outlets down the channels

I can't see anything other than a home win, but if we frustrate them they'll become a bit nervous then you never know.

Defend we'll and keep the ball when we get it, nae early goals conceded. 

Defend deeper aye ?

3 hours ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

gordon

smith harring kingsley

atkinson  kio devlin cochrane

grant

humphreys  shankland

with mckay forest ginelly sibbick as subs / formation change 

We need to play three centre mids. Like this line up with kio, Devlin and Grant. The wingers/wide players are usually passengers in these games. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Defend deeper aye ?

Yip.

Deny them space, Then get in behind them on the counter.

At least at the start of the game. 

Pressing high will just see them pass through us.

Been around 3 times beautiful city but footy may show a different culture, not sure what the local fans are like.

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling,

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Gordon 

Natty  Smith Kingsley Alex

Haring   Gio

Grant    Cammy    Halliday

Humphries 

Get a foothold in the game instead of losing early goals  

RFK sat in and denied them space , we need to work our bollocks of to do the same. 

The last quarter of the game is when we should be looking to Barry, Shanks and Gino  

Agreed,  

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.

Deny them space, Then get in behind them on the counter.

At least at the start of the game. 

Pressing high will just see them pass through us.

Ah the classic sit deep and hit them on the counter attack when playing a better team. Pretty much never works without a huge amount if luck. I say go for it and go all out attack.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Ah the classic sit deep and hit them on the counter attack when playing a better team. Pretty much never works without a huge amount if luck. I say go for it and go all out attack.

Yeah, luck will be needed.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Just listened to your gaffer's live press conference on our official channel which has just finished. He said Smith, Ginnelly and Mackay-Steven are all out due to things picked up in the last couple of days. Also Halkett has not travelled.

john brownlee
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Been around 3 times beautiful city but footy may show a different culture, not sure what the local fans are like.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

RFS have two points in our group in games where about 80% of the matches looked like this.image.thumb.png.652cbf3dd51ef217cd66ecc1771893f3.png

I’d go…

Gordon

Atkinson Haring Kingsley Cochrane

Grant Devlin Halliday

McKay

Humphrys Shankland

I think we’ll score but ultimately get beat, going down with a bit of a fight.

gordon simpson
22 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Expecting nothing in the same way I expected nothing v liverpool or spurs. Both really good trips.

Enjoy it boys and girls.

well said a free hit here , just enjoy the moment  

alicante jambo
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d go…

Gordon

Grant Devlin Halliday

McKay

Humphrys Shankland

I think we’ll score but ultimately get beat, going down with a bit of a fight.

Im sure we would be happy enough as long as we do show some fight. This is why the fans got pissed off last week at tynie. A goal would be amazing for the jambos over there but a win would be amazing. Going with the other posters lets enjoy what we have the now.

Just been reading bbc website. Half the 1st team squad is out! I dread to think what team we will be able to put out. Miracles happen. I think we need one

He Who Cannot Be Named

Shanklands a waste of a jersey in a game like this, 3 goals from open play in 15 games.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think all I can say is that all of our travelling fans will absolutely love Florence.

Life experiences.

Dont get stressed out about the game. Just enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

RFS have two points in our group in games where about 80% of the matches looked like this.image.thumb.png.652cbf3dd51ef217cd66ecc1771893f3.png

And.....? I'd say not enough evidence to support your point. Insufficient sample size.

We can't play a back 4 made up of Nat and 3 left backs again. Sibbick is a bombscare. So Haring at CB is the only other option. Try to press their defence more than at Tynecastle. Not much left to come off the bench apart from McKay.

Gordon 

Kio Devlin Halliday

Grant

Humphrys Shankland 

4 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

We done that last week, sat deep and got pumped.

It's the Neilson way.

44 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

We can't play a back 4 made up of Nat and 3 left backs again. Sibbick is a bombscare. So Haring at CB is the only other option. Try to press their defence more than at Tynecastle. Not much left to come off the bench apart from McKay.

Gordon 

Kio Devlin Halliday

Grant

Humphrys Shankland 

Narrow

52 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

And.....? I'd say not enough evidence to support your point. Insufficient sample size.

I watched Riga game(league) before they played us, identified their left back was a big weakness and that they looked very rigid in their play. Defensively massive gaps all over the place.