*** Killie v Hearts Sunday 9th Official match thread ***

upgotheheads

Robbie presser will be. "Killie are a good team. really strong at home, expect a real tough game, we will need to be at it"

As many men behind the ball as possible. Sideways passing only. No expansive, aggressive football allowed, leave the unlucky striker isolated and pray for a result.

Outcome. Lose another crap and lazy set piece/cross ball goal. Panic, run about without shape or structure and ultimately lose.

Hearts won't score so the very best we can hope for is 0-0. I really wish it wasn't so. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ha I’d save yourself the £

We're going to win on Sunday. I would like to be there to see it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

My birthday and I’ll be in Ayrshire. Does anyone know if Killie will be selling tickets at the gate?

Think you need to go to their website for details they said after game last night, initial allocation sold out but more available directly from Killie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Robbie presser will be. "Killie are a good team. really strong at home, expect a real tough game, we will need to be at it"

As many men behind the ball as possible. Sideways passing only. No expansive, aggressive football allowed, leave the unlucky striker isolated and pray for a result.

Outcome. Lose another crap and lazy set piece/cross ball goal. Panic, run about without shape or structure and ultimately lose.

Hearts won't score so the very best we can hope for is 0-0. I really wish it wasn't so. 

Like the last away game against a much better team? We all like a whinge, but make it a relevant and accurate one at least :)

Killie will win, absolutely no doubt about that.

Moe, Larry and Curly don't care -  their jobs are safe.

They have absolutely no fear whatsoever.  The Wishaw Weasel or Ann 'it is the taking aprt that counts' Budge are not exactly going to change things.

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

We're going to win on Sunday. I would like to be there to see it. 

Hah I’d like to think you are Right but just don’t see it 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Big game for us, suspect it will be freshened as much as it can be, win really needed with 2 more difficult league games to follow

Gordon

Atkinson Neilson Kingsley Cochrane (default defence)

Kio Haring Grant

Forrest Humphrys McKay

Nice flat surface and big pitch, cut out individual errors and show some class in final third, we should win. If the attitude is not right, another hard shift

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hah I’d like to think you are Right but just don’t see it 

Thankfully nobody gives a **** how you see it 😉

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Voxpop said:

Difficult fixture on a plastic pitch.  We may struggle.

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Got to remember we are playing against a team with a lower budget

I'm not sure how much of a factor that is. Killie are just off a good win; they have struggled so far but they will be feeling good about themselves just now.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

C Smith naybe alongside Kio in the middle? Or Pollock. I'm pretty sure either of these kids will show more spirit than anyone did last night.

Maybe it's time to gee up some of the others by giving the youngsters a chance. Certainly I can't see Pollock or Smith being worse than Kio and Grant recently. There's a huge rivalry between Ayr United and Killie and given their histories I would be surprised if Forrest and Shankland don't start.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Massive game especially with the next 3 after this being really difficult. Not sure I can even stomach the Celtic game if we have us set up to just sit off them like we’ve done in every big game this season. Growing tired of the crap tactics we have deployed almost all season.

I've already decided to give that game a miss, I'm going to see Girl from The North Country in the Playhouse instead. 

Boyces beard

Were in trouble until we have Halkett and Rowles back it's as simple as that. Can't see anything other than a home win, Humphrys must start.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think Gordon might be rested.

I think we may wait until November and give him a month off

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We will lose a sloppy goal or a goal from a free header. Maybe both and probably in the first 15 mins

They had a threat from set pieces in the League Cup game. Suspect we will play a lot better in this game, this level of football has been food and drink to us in the League, we need to be more focused and will be, expecting a positive reaction

In the past 10 years we have played Kilmarnock 26 times

P 26   W 8 D 4   L 14 F 27  A 34

Lost our last 5.

Edited by i8hibsh

Captain Canada

I'd go for something like this: 

Gordon 

Atkinson Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Kio

Snodgrass C. Smith Gino 

Humphrys 

I don't think McKay, Shankland or Neilson should start based on recent form.

I'm hoping Kio will improve when he's up to speed a bit more. Grant has been disappointing so far. 

Humphrys is able to win free kicks, hold the ball up and take people on so is a different option to Shankland. 

We couldn't beat them at home, since then our form has got worse and we struggle to win away anyway so I'm going for a narrow defeat. Don't like my prediction but we've lost that winning mentality.

Humphreys must start, imo.

If so, I think he'll play his part with a goal or two.

Just a hunch.

Humphrys has to start showed a bit of desire from what i've seen after his first game.

Ginnelly has to start aswell, mckay has to be dropped. Would like to see one of the younger players given a chance elsewhere in the league youngsters are given chance a plenty. Aye this clown is having to put out a team to win as his job is certainly on the line but a few need taken out the firing line.

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

My birthday and I’ll be in Ayrshire. Does anyone know if Killie will be selling tickets at the gate?

I've called them a couple of times on this issue. They are not going to sell any tickets at the gate. Unless you sneak in the Killie end

weegie jambo

I'm optimistically hoping for a bounce back after last nights dreadful showing. 

Gordon

Natty, Neilson, Sibbick, Kingsley, Cochrane

Haring Kio

Forrest  Humphrys McKay

OR drop Neilson and add Snoddy or Halliday to the midfield.

Snodgrass to come in if fit. We’ve missed Boyce big time as the link up play from midfield is non existent without someone in the number 10. Hoping Snodgrass can fill that void. I would play Humphrys wide like against Rangers with Shankland in the middle and Forrest the other side. 

Bazzas right boot

If we defend cross balls- win.

If we don't,  we're in trouble.

3-1 Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, martoon said:

Humphreys must start, imo.

If so, I think he'll play his part with a goal or two.

Just a hunch.

:vrface:

👍

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, leeumboyce said:

Humphrys has to start showed a bit of desire from what i've seen after his first game.

Ginnelly has to start aswell, mckay has to be dropped. Would like to see one of the younger players given a chance elsewhere in the league youngsters are given chance a plenty. Aye this clown is having to put out a team to win as his job is certainly on the line but a few need taken out the firing line.

His job isn’t on the line. 

Anyway we should win as we have a much bigger budget.  That’s how these things work isn’t it?

Been thinking loads about this one and just can't decide.  I think perhaps Haring filling in at CH makes most sense really.  Let's at the very least get some experience back there, no?  Take a bit of pressure off Lewis and/or Toby.  I'd also like to see us play 3 in midfield more.

Our strongest area of the park at present is our midfield, perhaps wing, let's utilise the shit out of that - focus on our strengths more, you know.

Gordon

Natty Haring Kingsley Cochrane

Grant Kio Snoddy

Gino Humphrys Forrest

Gino and Hump can switch and swap central and wide.  Get Connor Smith on the park at some point, let Shanks and McKay have a go at them later in the game....

or 

Gordon

Neilson Haring Kingsley

Natty  Grant Kio Snoddy Cochrane

Gino Humphys

Could also play back 3 of Haring Kingsley Cochrane with GMS wide left, or even Natty wide left and Forrest wide right.

I just feel we need to change something.  Not tinkering as such, but a new shape which we ride out until the break.  As I say, we're OK for midfielders, so that central three and build round it.  Let them do defending and attacking, let them be mobile, instead of the very sectioned defence-midfield-attack I kind of see us playing.

And by god, can we dispese with the bye kicks.  See if it's on, if it isn't up the park we go.  Fiorentina weren't shy about playing long byes and keepers kicks.  It's not archaic.  Trying to pass out when all we do is end up putting our FBs in tricky positions is just daft.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

No I'm relying on us playing teams that are more our current level and the sort we would expect to beat.

We have quality in our team relative to our level. 

We got pulled apart by Colak at rangers. They spent about 4m or more to get him in and he's a goalscorer.

Fiorentina had Jovic back in the side and he dragged our defence to pieces. He'd only played 15 mins last weekend. You could see by his vision and movement alone why he was once a 60m player.

Simply put we are ****ing miles away from that and we always will be till the sun burns out and the planets long gone. 

But we aren't below going to Kilmarnock and getting a result. That's where our level is. Beating shite like that and getting third place back.

I'm afraid we are. 

Just gone on Kilmarnock ppv and discovered game is on £12.99.I thought nobody was doing it anymore.Against my better judgement I bought.

portobellojambo1

Kilmarnock this weekend, up at Pittodrie the following weekend, then home to Celtic before the trip up to Dingwall at the end of the month. Will be at them all but I'm genuinely not sure we are going to pick up many points from this group of fixtures and the break for thr World Cup can't come quick enough given how we are playing ar the moment and the limitations of the squad when one or two injuries pop up.

Difficult few weeks I think,  unfortunately

Edited by portobellojambo1

37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:vrface:

👍

I just got it myself. Humph, hunch...totally unintended. 😄

3 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Stay at home and save your money 💰 

Ex member of the SaS

Heart say win, Head says lose. Always hopeful of a win but just can't see the back room getting them motivated for this. A must win game or we will slide further down the league and into the downward slide situation that teams find hard to get out of.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

upgotheheads
48 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Snodgrass to come in if fit. We’ve missed Boyce big time as the link up play from midfield is non existent without someone in the number 10. Hoping Snodgrass can fill that void. I would play Humphrys wide like against Rangers with Shankland in the middle and Forrest the other side. 

How did that go?

17 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Just gone on Kilmarnock ppv and discovered game is on £12.99.I thought nobody was doing it anymore. Against my better judgement I bought.

I presume you live abroad or have VPN?

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

How did that go?

I presume you live abroad or have VPN?

No it was just like during lockdown, register then pay.I was surprised.