*** Killie v Hearts Sunday 9th Official match thread ***

upgotheheads

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Robbie defintely didn't expect to have both his first choice CB's out injured but there have been plenty warning signs about Halkett with his injuries last season and this. As many have argued on here we should have been looking to bring in an experienced right sided CB before the window closed or even an out of contract player.

Sibbick has probably disappointed Robbie and he feels he can't play him unless he really has to and without doubt Neilson is one for the future and not ready to play every week.

I suppose Savage would argue the point that there was nobody available any better than what we already have  although I would very much doubt that.

It was Neilson that said he didn’t think anyone offered to the club was any better, as good would’ve been ok and maybe he could coach them to help them improve, crazy talk eh?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Neilson is going to be great for us on the evidence so far. But he has to be introduced gradually not thrown in to sink or swim against rangers and Fiorentina. He’s a kid

Definitely, but will need decent coaching especially on how to be more physical, it shouldn’t be up to Halkett to teach him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 09/10/2022 at 13:35, GinRummy said:

Is criticising team selection off the table on fans forums now?

When its pish, yeah I would say so

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

When its pish, yeah I would say so

If they removed all the pish from fans forums there would be about 6 posters chatting back and forward. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

That’s great if we were playing in the future…it’s the present we are playing in.

Tbf, the killie game was in the past.

On 09/10/2022 at 19:19, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, today I had a guy behind me who was adamant that Levein and Neilson were the worst two managers in the clubs history.  Wasn’t a young guy so clearly should have remembered the McLeans, Rix, Clark, Ford, Stendel, McPhee, Cathro plus many anonymous Lithuanians et al but wasn’t having it 🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️

That sounds rather like it might have been my auld man. 

Were you in row AA by any chance? 

40 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That sounds rather like it might have been my auld man. 

Were you in row AA by any chance? 

Nearby. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Nearby. 

Oh well. 

It's not a view shared by me anyway. As you rightly said, there have been many worse Hearts managers than Robbie Neilson. 

It makes me kinda sad that he appears to have become such a divisive figure amongst the Hearts support. 😕

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Oh well. 

It's not a view shared by me anyway. As you rightly said, there have been many worse Hearts managers than Robbie Neilson. 

It makes me kinda sad that he appears to have become such a divisive figure amongst the Hearts support. 😕

Indeed, it’s a pretty strange situation and difficult to understand to be honest. 👍

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Oh well. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed, it’s a pretty strange situation and difficult to understand to be honest. 👍

Some just don't like him, they see him as an extension of cl.

Some are that consumed by him that him doing poor thus getting the sack proves them correct ( in their heads) and this is more important than Hearts under his stewardship doing well.

Some are just daft and think there is a magical manager that will stroll into our club, guarantee 3rd, do well in Europe and challenge the uglies and have us dripping in trophies within 3 years. 

Wishful thinking.

Some think McInnes is the answer. 

Some are a mixture. 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Some are that consumed by him that him doing poor thus getting the sack proves them correct ( in their heads) and this is more important than Hearts under his stewardship doing well.

Some are just daft and think there is a magical manager that will stroll into our club, guarantee 3rd, do well in Europe and challenge the uglies and have us dripping in trophies within 3 years. 

Wishful thinking.

Some are a mixture. 

Slaver 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wishful thinking.

Some are a mixture. 

I think there’s more than a few in your second sentence category and it’s becoming a badge of honour thing. 

Re the magical manager,  the thing most don’t seem to realise is that whilst  yes we could afford to push the boat out and pay someone £10-15k pw to manage the team guys that earn that amount won’t take a job managing players who earn £2-4K per week.  Their reputation gets trashed and they don’t need the money. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I think there’s more than a few in your second sentence category and it’s becoming a badge of honour thing. 

Re the magical manager,  the thing most don’t seem to realise is that whilst  yes we could afford to push the boat out and pay someone £10-15k pw to manage the team guys that earn that amount won’t take a job managing players who earn £2-4K per week.  Their reputation gets trashed and they don’t need the money. 

Ultimately Robbie will get sacked at some point but for that to happen we'd have had to be doing poorly. So indirectly folk wanting him gone since day 1 want us to fail, it can't work any other way.

It just can't,  it's conflicting priorities. 

He was lucky to escape Brora but since then has transformed the side to the 3d best ( again).

The rabidness of said group in category 2 also ensures every discussion goes the same way,  it's ruining the board. 

Folk can't just discuss the merits of a match or a transfer , it's all about Bob and wanting to put him in the poorest light possible to justify removing him.

They ate consumed by him. 

22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We have to give Clark a game at some point so the sooner the better I would say especially after Craig's howler yesterday.

On a grass pitch that howler doesn't happen. His foot got caught on their shitey plastic pitch!

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ultimately Robbie will get sacked at some point but for that to happen we'd have had to be doing poorly. So indirectly folk wanting him gone since day 1 want us to fail, it can't work any other way.

It just can't,  it's conflicting priorities. 

He was lucky to escape Brora but since then has transformed the side to the 3d best ( again).

The rabidness of said group in category 2 also ensures every discussion goes the same way,  it's ruining the board. 

Folk can't just discuss the merits of a match or a transfer , it's all about Bob and wanting to put him in the poorest light possible to justify removing him.

They ate consumed by him. 

I don't hate him..........I hate his style of non-football, his awful coaching and tactics and taking any fun and freedom from our game. If this goes on he will finally kill off any atmosphere in the stadium and likely cost us long-term supporters!

Drawing by boring the opposition and our fans is an extension of Leveins mindset!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jambo61 said:

I don't hate him..........I hate his style of non-football, his awful coaching and tactics and taking any fun and freedom from our game. If this goes on he will finally kill off any atmosphere in the stadium and likely cost us long-term supporters!

Drawing by boring the opposition and our fans is an extension of Leveins mindset!

Group 1 for you.

The fact we were third top goal scorers last Season makes everything in your post untrue.

On 09/10/2022 at 14:54, Bazzas right boot said:

Poor wee lamb.

You cared enough to post you don't care tho!

Facebook is ideal for that attention seeking , self pity shite.

Ok I dont like having words with fellow Jambos so I will explain.

Looking back I was very down, last Monday 2 things one the twat at darts who I hit and has now stopped my playing and earlier after my 6 month cardio check up a suspected problem showed up after the treadmill test.

So yes it all got to me health and having to pay out a lot.

Thankfully my heart is normal and only had to pay a third what I was quoted.

I was miserable last week so will draw a line over it and hope we can exchange views again

Only my piles to sort out now😉

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Ok I dont like having words with fellow Jambos so I will explain.

Looking back I was very down, last Monday 2 things one the twat at darts who I hit and has now stopped my playing and earlier after my 6 month cardio check up a suspected problem showed up after the treadmill test.

So yes it all got to me health and having to pay out a lot.

Thankfully my heart is normal and only had to pay a third what I was quoted.

I was miserable last week so will draw a line over it and hope we can exchange views again

Only my piles to sort out 

Good to hear you're OK.

You probably got a bit more sarcasm than you deserved,  it's hard to tell the genuine folk having a bad day and the rabid Phoodle gang that clog this board.

My apologies. 

Hope you can reach out to someone if feeling down, always pm me I'm a funghi. 

Not gonna ask how you hit someone with a dart, that will make a good story to tell tho- someday.😁

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good to hear you're OK.

You probably got a bit more sarcasm than you deserved,  it's hard to tell the genuine folk having a bad day and the rabid Phoodle gang that clog this board.

My apologies. 

Hope you can reach out to someone if feeling down, always pm me I'm a funghi. 

Not gonna ask how you hit someone with a dart, that will make a good story to tell tho- someday.😁

Trust me I sprained my wrist.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Group 1 for you.

The fact we were third top goal scorers last Season makes everything in your post untrue.

What..........because everybody else was worse..........that how you picked your partner?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Trust me I sprained my wrist.

Dunno if that will hold up in court!🤭

3 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

What..........because everybody else was worse..........that how you picked your partner?

Hahahahaha.......all quiet for a change.........thank feck!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Albeit having just watched highlights I can’t believe MCkay’s miss - total open goal that changes the game. 

Robbie needs to stop telling him to sky his shots over the bar….

20 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Oh well. 

Your auld man or Neilson? 🤔

I’m happy to admit that I’m a Robbie supporter. I believe he’s doing a good job, is better than is available elsewhere and will continue to do so. 

However for the life of me cannot understand why he played Cochrane at CB yesterday. With injuries it’s surely time to see Haring there or in a three. On the odd occasion he’s been moved he looks good. Sibbick also could do with another shot to gain confidence again and/or Nielson as part of a back three.

Please amend for Fiorentina there is nothing to lose and may help for the rest of the season. 

Thoughts:

OMG, that miss. If McKay is snatching at a chance like that, his confidence is utterly shot and he needs benched for a few games at least.

Gordon blameless for second goal. It’s a crap surface, clearly unsuited for top league football, and his foot slips.

Two really very good goals to salvage the draw.