• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• neilnunb

• Bazzas right boot

Clark 

Atkinson Neilson Kingsley Cochrane 

Grant Haring Kio

McKay Shankland Humphrys 

Get Humphrys, Kio, Cochrane attacking the back post for crosses from Atkinson, Grant and McKay then swap McKay, Humphrys to run at them after abit.   

Don't give fouls away down the flanks.    They will want free kicks.   They will draw us in and dive if they have to.    Seems inevitable they will get free kicks but the less the better. 

343 would work as well to stop them getting  down the flanks.   Plus an extra CB might be best for the cautious approach. 

Either a boring 0-1 or an exciting 1-2.    I'll take the 1-2 so long as we are 0-2 up until the last minute. ☺ 

Nail biting stuff! 

200w.gif

Want to see consistency of selection but the last couple of performances have been so bad that several need benched and dropped. Any number could have been left out after last night and of course Devlin is also unavailable. Time to go to a very basic formation so that we can actually play 2 up front and everyone can match up and know their roles. I'd certainly drop Smith and Halliday to the bench, both look knackered and have played way too much recently. I'd also bring Sibbick in, tell him it's time to step up and fight for his place and leave out Neilson of whom too much has been asked. Atkinson and Forrest should replace Smith and Halliday. Humphrys should start alongside Shankland, not on the wing or in the hole, beside him. Play them together and see what happens. Kio and Grant need games to see what they have, play them as there are no better options in Haring, GMS etc. Ginnelly should be nowhere near the starting 11,. The one decision I'm finding tricky is whether to leave out McKay as clearly he could be pivotal in our chances of winning but he's been so poor and I'm leaning towards benching him and giving Connor Smith a start. The kid should see that when others aren't performing then the opportunity is there. It's a pretty ordinary looking side but that's what Savage and Neilson have us working with currently. 

Gordon

Atkinson  Sibbick  Kingsley  Cochrane

Forrest  Kio  Grant  C.Smith

Shankland Humphrys

Edited by Luckies1874

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Haring to stiffen midfield. 

We are struggling in the centre of defence, Haring was originally signed as a central defender, so why does no one, including Neilson, think it might be a good idea to try him in his natural position 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

We are struggling in the centre of defence, Haring was originally signed as a central defender, so why does no one, including Neilson, think it might be a good idea to try him in his natural position 

We have tried him in the past but he's no Halkett/Rowles in that position imo.  

Sibbick has to start IMO. He's likely going to have to play in Florence, and Neilson is looking very ropey and short on confidence.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

How did that go?

He was our best player against Rangers and offers a lot more than the likes Ginnelly out there.

1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

No it was just like during lockdown, register then pay.I was surprised. 

May be because it’s not a Saturday 3pm kick off? I also thought teams weren’t allowed to do it anymore.

32 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Sibbick has to start IMO. He's likely going to have to play in Florence, and Neilson is looking very ropey and short on confidence.

I think he will start due to having to play in Florence. Unconvinced by him but his best performances have always been in the middle of a back 3 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think he will start due to having to play in Florence. Unconvinced by him but his best performances have always been in the middle of a back 3 

I think his mistakes have been overegged and the stick has effected his confidence. If he had made the mistakes Neilson has in recent games he'd be hung out to dry, yet Neilson (rightly) is being afforded a bit slack.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

His job isn’t on the line. 

Anyway we should win as we have a much bigger budget.  That’s how these things work isn’t it?

Aye let's make use of our vast budget.

Clark(Give Gordon the weekend off to spend time with his newborn)

Sibbick Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin

Kio Grant

Ginnelly Shankland Humphrys/Forrest

There's your team for Sunday.

This is our bread and butter.Nitty gritty time can guarantee Kilmarnock will be whipping balls in all game as they can clearly see we are weak to them.You would like to think we would be aware of this but probably not.

1 hour ago, leeumboyce said:

Devlin

Kio Grant

Ginnelly Shankland Humphrys/Forrest

We will lose all 3 points if we pay devlin

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We have tried him in the past but he's no Halkett/Rowles in that position imo.  

True but is he any worse than the other options we have available. 

stirlingshirejambo
5 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd go for something like this: 

Gordon 

Atkinson Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Kio

Snodgrass C. Smith Gino 

Humphrys 

I don't think McKay, Shankland or Neilson should start based on recent form.

I'm hoping Kio will improve when he's up to speed a bit more. Grant has been disappointing so far. 

Humphrys is able to win free kicks, hold the ball up and take people on so is a different option to Shankland. 

I don’t want Gino anywhere near the team

hes had his one good game in ten we can’t keep playing him just now with lack of effort and inability to read play

Haring and Kio will start as Killie absolutely bullied us at home

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He was our best player against Rangers and offers a lot more than the likes Ginnelly out there.

He did a lot of Fancy Dannery with the ball at his quick feet and produced the square root of f-all. There's certainly potential there but have a look at his scoring record compared to Shankland.

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

True but is he any worse than the other options we have available. 

Probably not imo. 

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

He did a lot of Fancy Dannery with the ball at his quick feet and produced the square root of f-all. There's certainly potential there but have a look at his scoring record compared to Shankland.

I wasn’t suggesting he play instead of Shankland tho if you read my original post 

No idea what to do, especially defensively.

Neilson was completely done physically after 15 minutes last night and probably shouldn't have started but the option is Sibbick which gives the boo boys a field day.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, savage said:

We will lose all 3 points if we pay devlin

More chance of winning with him in the team.  With Beni injured he’s our best midfielder, by far. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

More chance of winning with him in the team.  With Beni injured he’s our best midfielder, by far. 

Think the point is he’s suspended, but yes agreed otherwise

5 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Devlin

Kio Grant

Humphrys Shankland Forrest

Your line up with one change

13 hours ago, JWL said:

We have better players in every department. We go out with the right attitude and play football like we are capable of, then we win. Going for 1-0 Kilmarnock.

Wonder what new formation will be this week. This back 3 is a disaster first thing we need is a back 4 and build from there 

51 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course he is 

Christ, just realised they've won the last 5 games between us (although does stretch back to 2019 due to relegations). On paper, we should still be able to get a win. They are 3rd bottom and we have better players (even with injuries). We need to play for 90mins not 45 (although struggled to even do that lately) have some positive belief too. Taking all that in to consideration, I'll say draw at best

8 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Think the point is he’s suspended, but yes agreed otherwise

At least someone is paying attention🤣

No excuses this week.  The effort and energy used against fiorentina was minimal.  

If we can't beat killie i think we are in for a very poor season. I haven't been a robbie hater but my patience will only stretch so far although i suspect we are stuck with him no matter what

Captain Canada

This has the feel of a pivotal game for our season.

If we lose, the narrative will be: 

- Bottom 6

- Doing badly in Europe (RFS got a point against the two teams that hammered us)

- New signings haven't impressed 

- Already out of the league cup

- Lack of squad depth

If we win: 

- Doing fine in the league considering our injuries and schedule 

- Still got a chance in Europe

- More to come from new signings 

- Going out the league cup eased fixture congestion

- We'll have money to strengthen in January 

Hopefully we can win! 

This is going to be tough watch, heavy rain, gale force winds on the worst of the plastic pitches. Team that wants to win most will win. 

1 hour ago, savage said:

No excuses this week.  The effort and energy used against fiorentina was minimal.  

If we can't beat killie i think we are in for a very poor season. I haven't been a robbie hater but my patience will only stretch so far although i suspect we are stuck with him no matter what

Dont disagree about required commitment but effort and energy on Thurs was far from minimal.

Gerting dragged around like that is physically and mentally exhausting. It really is. That was a tough shift.

1 hour ago, savage said:

Killie also played in midweek so in no way can Robbie come out with the players are tired after the European game 

Also Killie probably used more effort and energy than we put in and they will play the same players as midweek but we will bring in a couple of fresh legs so no excuses 

Seen a few folk talking about resting Gordon. Seems mental we want to rest our captain and best player given the run we are on.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

10 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

One change in regards to a starting player.

Aye! I'd start Humphrys on the right and Forrest on the left and leave Gino on the bench.

south morocco

Think Clark will start. CG not 💯 fit. I think that’s why Neilson was taking the bye kicks.

I thought Kio done well on his debut at Fir Park, hopefully he can continue that. The defence is still ropey though. Score draw at best for me.

Big game Barrie to be baller of the year at Killie, then disappear under his shell against the smellies.

Heart says Hearts win, head says Killie win.

12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

No idea what to do, especially defensively.

Neilson was completely done physically after 15 minutes last night and probably shouldn't have started but the option is Sibbick which gives the boo boys a field day.

You know what we do? Play on the front foot in the opposition half as much as possible.

Not sit on the edge of the box inviting danger. 

13 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Big game Barrie to be baller of the year at Killie, then disappear under his shell against the smellies.

Heart says Hearts win, head says Killie win.

Is that not where Hearts are as a club anyway?

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Dont disagree about required commitment but effort and energy on Thurs was far from minimal.

Gerting dragged around like that is physically and mentally exhausting. It really is. That was a tough shift.

Yep, being outplayed always makes the team on the receiving end look a yard off it. 

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

This has the feel of a pivotal game for our season.

If we lose, the narrative will be: 

- Bottom 6

- Doing badly in Europe (RFS got a point against the two teams that hammered us)

- New signings haven't impressed 

- Already out of the league cup

- Lack of squad depth

If we win: 

- Doing fine in the league considering our injuries and schedule 

- Still got a chance in Europe

- More to come from new signings 

- Going out the league cup eased fixture congestion

- We'll have money to strengthen in January 

Hopefully we can win! 

You would have to be on some fairly strong prescription drugs to be thinking this. 

Ricardo Quaresma
22 hours ago, Bauld said:

...Fiorentina had Jovic back in the side and he dragged our defence to pieces. He'd only played 15 mins last weekend. You could see by his vision and movement alone why he was once a 60m player.

Simply put we are ****ing miles away from that and we always will be till the sun burns out and the planets long gone...

They were not very good; they're going to get pumped again on Monday night; any of our last 3 cup winning squads would have leathered them

We'll have a much bigger Stadium and resources long before the Sun has any instability 😄

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

You would have to be on some fairly strong prescription drugs to be thinking this. 

We are 1 point behind the Italians, hardly need drugs too be positive, lol. 

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, being outplayed always makes the team on the receiving end look a yard off it. 

They also did keep at it, same as they did against Rangers.  Fans just love to accuse losing teams of a lack of effort.

Sometimes I see a lack of bravery - ie could they take responsibility on and off the ball a bit better, ben more aggressive in their play - but actual physical laziness, don't see it at all with current team.