Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And youth players. 

Nah, they'll be knackered after helping out in the ticket office all week. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dunno, if the players all hold hands, believe really hard, try really hard and just go for it we'll probably win 5-0.

That's all it takes, believing and having a go. 

Do you think Neilson will have them believing that come Saturday?

I guess if you think negative you are going to get negative results. 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Neilson is the manager. He’s got us to where we are. I believe there will come a time when he won’t be able to take us any further BUT I resist boring the shit out of everyone by harping on and on using different angles to say the same thing.

Give it a break man. It’s the same old same old all the ****ing time. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neilson is the manager. He’s got us to where we are. I believe there will come a time when he won’t be able to take us any further BUT I resist boring the shit out of everyone by harping on and on using different angles to say the same thing.

Give it a break man. It’s the same old same old all the ****ing time. 

Some really making Rangers out to be worldbeaters tbh , just putting them straight we have a better team now than when we beat them under stendel ,he beat them with Henderson and Moore, have Rangers improved massively since then ,not in my opinion, they have the basis of the same squad, still there from when stendel beat them with kids.

So why if Robbie is some crack manager ,is he not expected to beat them, it's utter nonsense. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Some really making Rangers out to be worldbeaters tbh , just putting them straight we have a better team now than when we beat them under stendel ,he beat them with Henderson and Moore, have Rangers improved massively since then ,not in my opinion, they have the basis of the same squad, still there from when stendel beat them with kids.

So why if Robbie is some crack manager ,is he not expected to beat them, it's utter nonsense. 

Stendel played Moore and Henderson really well while he was here. Used their energy and pace (which the team was sadly lacking then) to negate attacking wing players. We’ll never know how DS would have done if the players (generally) had been better suited to his fairly uncompromising style of play. 

As for Robbie, he’s done as well or better than anyone could reasonably expect so just go with it. Inevitably, like any manager these days, the wheels will come off at some point or another, but despite several wobbles we’re still third in the league and second in our European group. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All depends, if the rangers players believe really hard that they can win as well- I can't imagine what will happen. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You post like you are new to football. 

It's amusing, but also a bit frightening as well. 

We only beat rangers when they were a shambles after Xmas. They got beat by Hamilton at Ibrox the following week. Any team would have beaten them at that time. 

Stendel didnt have their number, he was lucky we got them at their lowest 

He couldn't beat St mirren, Hamilton etc at home FFS.

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We only beat rangers when they were a shambles after Xmas. They got beat by Hamilton at Ibrox the following week. Any team would have beaten them at that time. 

Ah but St Mirren beat us once, realistically that means they should beat us every time we play them :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Speaking from experience.? 

43 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He beat them twice in consecutive games including a Scottish Cup 1/4 final. The last time that happened as top tier clubs was in 1998, the Scottish Cup Final and the first game of the following season.

Edited by Luckies1874

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No need to apologise, bud 👍

It was more of an apology to Kingsley for leaving him out. It is great that we have one Hearts legend, one relatively newcomer and one Academy graduate in the Scotland team. How long is it when we could say that?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It was more of an apology to Kingsley for leaving him out. It is great that we have one Hearts legend, one relatively newcomer and one Academy graduate in the Scotland team. How long is it when we could say that?

Also got our Player Development Manager and 51 time capped Scotland internationalist as Assistant Coach, picking up valuable experience all the time. 

45 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

He beat them twice in consecutive games including a Scottish Cup 1/4 final. The last time that happened as top tier clubs was in 1998, the Scottish Cup Final and the first game of the following season.

We weren't good either time, they were shite both times.

I’m optimistic of a good result on Saturday but a lot of it will come down to what rangers team turns up because unfortunately with the old firm they are better sides than us with more depth so if they turn up at their best then we will struggle. If the rangers team of late turns up I’m confident we can walk away with all 3 points however the chance to be top of the league come half 2 could really put their tails up

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You still going? What an embarrassing week you've had on here! 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Is it sold out yet? Bit rubbish we can only open the exchange a couple of days before the game. 

7 left.

Ricardo Quaresma

I'm not keen on H at all

Think exchange will open at 9; there will be less than 5 left

Anyone know if it opens on E-Tickets automatically?

13 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Is it sold out yet? Bit rubbish we can only open the exchange a couple of days before the game. 

A sold out Tynecastle and the 'rubbish' is an interesting combination...

I hope we will take a proactive attitude to this match early on. Yes Rangers have a better team than we do and no 'having a go' won't guarantee us a good outcome. But if we are going to lose, particularly at Tynecastle, then I would like to see us go down swinging. I'm not one of those who advocates going through to Ibrox or Celtic Park and trying to take the game to the OF, that is suicidal. But at Tynecastle I feel that it is what we should try to do. When I say take the game to them, I really just mean get in their faces and make life uncomfortable for them right from the kick off. Press them, tackle them, move the ball quickly, don't give them time to breathe. On the smaller pitch at Tynecastle and with a capacity crowd getting behind the team, we CAN do that. I really think that is our best chance to get a result here.

I don't want to see us play the first twenty minutes of this game the way we played the first twenty minutes against Basaksehir. It was all a bit passive that night, as though the team were just sussing out the opposition and trying to 'manage the game'. 

Rangers are a bit fragile at the moment so if we can rattle them early, or even get the first goal, then there is the potential to get a result here. But I have said that so many times over the years ahead of games against them. Only to be left sitting with my head in my hands as we find ourselves 0-2 down after 20mins or losing 1-3 to their under 11s team. 

If we lose, we lose. It's not like we're expected to get anything from the game or we haven't lost to Rangers many times before. I just want to see some PMA in this game. Go out there and play like eleven Cammy Devlin's. See where it takes us. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Ah ok :rofl:

Financial disparity that's what is holding us back 🤣🤣🙄

Edited by Bongo 1874

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dunno, if the players all hold hands, believe really hard, try really hard and just go for it we'll probably win 5-0.

That's all it takes, believing and having a go. 

They just need the BEE LEAF

That's un-bee-leaf-able! bee buzzes around with a little help from leaf ...

EDIT: Oops, I forgot they need to have a Go as well.

Best Go Boards Set [2020] Top Go Board Game Sets [Reviews]

Edited by Led Tasso

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

They just need the BEE LEAF

That's un-bee-leaf-able! bee buzzes around with a little help from leaf ...

EDIT: Oops, I forgot they need to have a Go as well.

Best Go Boards Set [2020] Top Go Board Game Sets [Reviews]

Would be a start 👍.

Perth to Paisley

#Tomorrow's Headline Today

Rangers are set to swoop for Hearts superstar [insert player here]. A source says TheRanjurs are the only team he wanted to play for since he was an amoeba.

16 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

#Tomorrow's Headline Today

Rangers are set to swoop for Hearts superstar [insert player here]. A source says TheRanjurs are the only team he wanted to play for since he was an amoeba.

GMS?

I genuinely have no clue what to expect on Saturday. Feels like a lifetime since we were at Tynecastle, hoping that means we can get right at them early to get the crowd going and keep the energy levels up. Did Rangers have many players away on international duty?

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Ah but St Mirren beat us once, realistically that means they should beat us every time we play them :lol: 

The once that mattered. Bit like cup finals.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I genuinely have no clue what to expect on Saturday. Feels like a lifetime since we were at Tynecastle, hoping that means we can get right at them early to get the crowd going and keep the energy levels up. Did Rangers have many players away on international duty?

Get noses in front at HT and forest and gino on to terrorise them 2nd half on the break.

ShortmanRossco
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No point turning up , Rangers have a bigger squad worth , we can't possibly win.

3rd place is as good as it gets according to Jim.

Never heard so much tosh in my life.

Try reading any of your own posts this week.

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I hope we will take a proactive attitude to this match early on. Yes Rangers have a better team than we do and no 'having a go' won't guarantee us a good outcome. But if we are going to lose, particularly at Tynecastle, then I would like to see us go down swinging. I'm not one of those who advocates going through to Ibrox or Celtic Park and trying to take the game to the OF, that is suicidal. But at Tynecastle I feel that it is what we should try to do. When I say take the game to them, I really just mean get in their faces and make life uncomfortable for them right from the kick off. Press them, tackle them, move the ball quickly, don't give them time to breathe. On the smaller pitch at Tynecastle and with a capacity crowd getting behind the team, we CAN do that. I really think that is our best chance to get a result here.

I don't want to see us play the first twenty minutes of this game the way we played the first twenty minutes against Basaksehir. It was all a bit passive that night, as though the team were just sussing out the opposition and trying to 'manage the game'. 

Rangers are a bit fragile at the moment so if we can rattle them early, or even get the first goal, then there is the potential to get a result here. But I have said that so many times over the years ahead of games against them. Only to be left sitting with my head in my hands as we find ourselves 0-2 down after 20mins or losing 1-3 to their under 11s team. 

If we lose, we lose. It's not like we're expected to get anything from the game or we haven't lost to Rangers many times before. I just want to see some PMA in this game. Go out there and play like eleven Cammy Devlin's. See where it takes us. 

Excellent post. I had a look on Follow Follow earlier to see what they are saying about Saturday and the points you make are exactly what they are concerned about. Rangers have been starting away games slowly and they think Hearts will come out the traps. Neilson has to have us raring to go and flying at them.

Edited by Luckies1874

Robbie will probably line up with the 5 at the back, which, imo, puts us on the back foot straight away.

I'm hoping for an attacking line up but I just can't see it.

38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Robbie will probably line up with the 5 at the back, which, imo, puts us on the back foot straight away.

I'm hoping for an attacking line up but I just can't see it.

He’ll probably not have 3 centre backs available so he’ll continue 4-3-3 (4-2-3-1)IMO

Gordon

Smith

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Halliday

Devlin

Kio

Mackay

Shankland

Forest

Edited by JimmyCant

Rangers start games slow and GVB away seems to sit in 1st half so we need to be up for this and on the front foot from the 1st whistle. Get in front early and games ours. 

My only concern is neilson overthinking it cause its rangers and bottling it and changing it up to be hard to beat instead of going at them which will just play into their hands. 

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Good post.  But mate, you are summarising what I think most positive Hearts fans think and have done for decades when facing the OF, like yourself. 

They’ve had better players and

more money for as long as I can remember…..but do you know what?

We’ve actually beaten them a few times!   Who’d have imagined that? 👍🏻