Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neilson outstanding 

Be first pick. 

He looks brilliant at times and is clearly an outstanding prospect, but I'd strike a note of caution about the idea of him being a first pick right now. He's still very young, and there are aspects to his game, such as positioning and keeping shape with his defensive partners, that probably still need work. There will be times when his stepping up and carrying the ball forward will get him into trouble too, and at his age, it might not be too easy to shrug it off if, say, he makes a mistake, loses possession, and we concede a goal from it. That's part and parcel of being that sort of defender, it'll happen to all of them from time to time, but one of the differences between the really top ones and the rest is the ability to put it out of your mind for the rest of the game and not let it affect you. At his age, Neilson might find that difficult to do. 

I'm not in any way saying we shouldn't play him, we absolutely should, at least in some games!  It's just that we (or rather the management team) need to be careful not to ask too much of him just now, and that we (as in the fans) need to be patient with him and not get on his back when he inevitably does make mistakes and have the odd shaky game. And if he has a couple in a row, he might need taken out of the team for a wee while. 

What I'm really trying to say is just let's not pile too much pressure and expectation on him at this stage!

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He looks brilliant at times and is clearly an outstanding prospect, but I'd strike a note of caution about the idea of him being a first pick right now. He's still very young, and there are aspects to his game, such as positioning and keeping shape with his defensive partners, that probably still need work. There will be times when his stepping up and carrying the ball forward will get him into trouble too, and at his age, it might not be too easy to shrug it off if, say, he makes a mistake, loses possession, and we concede a goal from it. That's part and parcel of being that sort of defender, it'll happen to all of them from time to time, but one of the differences between the really top ones and the rest is the ability to put it out of your mind for the rest of the game and not let it affect you. At his age, Neilson might find that difficult to do. 

I'm not in any way saying we shouldn't play him, we absolutely should, at least in some games!  It's just that we (or rather the management team) need to be careful not to ask too much of him just now, and that we (as in the fans) need to be patient with him and not get on his back when he inevitably does make mistakes and have the odd shaky game. And if he has a couple in a row, he might need taken out of the team for a wee while. 

What I'm really trying to say is just let's not pile too much pressure and expectation on him at this stage!

Play him and let him grow. He'll make mistakes but looks the type to get on with it.

9 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

Tasty view that 😊

Fiorentina double header is crucial and there for the taking. They're a great side but they're looking shaky 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sorry Euros € not $

Just checked the exchange rate and they're basically exactly the same just now!  Although it might change by the time the money's actually paid out!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Apparently, some daft wee *****, spraypainted "Neilson Out" at Tynecastle tonight.

Anyone confirm, that such a wee *****'s work exists/ existed?

We do have tits in our support. 

Bazzas right boot

Really strange that after a win many of the really concerned posters that have been really active... Aren't. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Really strange that after a win many of the really concerned posters that have been really active... Aren't. 

Maybe taking this internet thing a bit too seriously 🤣

Nelly Terraces
57 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

It’s not a good summation at all. It’s completely negative and doesn’t mention our numerous chances. 

The bloke said we improved massively in the 2nd half & were deserved winners. But yeah, apart from that it was “completely negative.” :lol:

Stop being angry & just be happy we won. :D

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

This game is so much more than just the conference league. We needed a result and we needed a performance to get back on track. 

Clean sheet and 2 goals against a team at home who are no mugs. 

We need to go now and get back to winning ways in the league 

There were glimpses of what we can do and when we play with the ball tonight 

Big result and big confidence booster tonight. Great stuff and let's take this into the league 

2nd in the group stages after 2 games. I'll take that. And a nice wee cash windfall as well

You're absolutely :spoton:

For all that we want to do as well as possible and go as far as possible in Europe this season, the reality is that it's all about incremental growth and progression, and for now, just being in the group stage is good for us. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to get further, but right now, getting beyond the group stage would represent a significant outperformance of what we have a right to expect.  The key last season was getting a group stage place and the money that came with it. For now, it's about gaining experience in Europe (and hopefully some extra prize money, for which tonight obviously helps!) while also trying to secure third place again this season to maximise our chances of group stage football again next season. And for that, it's getting back to winning in the league that matters most, and that starts this coming Sunday! 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Let's be frank, first half was erratic, 2nd half much more like the Hearts I've enjoyed last season. 

Decision making needs to be a lot better, but its a win and sets up the game in 3 weeks for a proper European night 

Rejoice, rejoice. 

2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Absolutely.  We’ll done to all that travelled!  Sage journey home 🇱🇻

I'm sure we'd all say herb herb to that! 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

That goalie faced 30 shots v Fiorentina.

How was it not 29-1(?) 

The "effort" made for our 2nd, you'd be disappointed in your mate at Leisure Leagues 6's. Never mind Europe.

Hopeless.

And that is your take ? Away wins in group stages, bored with them.

Hope to not meet you in Florence or Istanbul.

5 hours ago, Maroonjam said:

Are we 433 or 442 with halliday as a #10/ second striker?

I quoted you originally saying Haliday 442 in the 10.  Just thought I'd correct myself, albeit late. 

BT had us setup in a 433, early prematch but they later changed us into a 343.

We indeed setup in 433.    Haliday Devlin Grant.   

Haliday and Grant took turns and sometimes both getting forward what looked like a #10 role.    So I mistook it as a 4231.

I can't believe I missed it originally.   I'm in favour of the 433.   I hope it's used more! 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Andy Halliday was one of the Hearts players who impressed in Latvia

That Clare with Halliday?😂 it’s good to see all involved with Hearts having a good time ♥️♥️G♥️

6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Gino done the right thing it's a shocker from Shankland.We moan about the service he gets but **** me that was on a plate for him

Maybe, personally he had a great change to slot it into the near post but he decided to square it. I don't think it's a great pass with the angle and speed but agreed he should still be scoring. 

Apart from his well taken pen, I felt Shankland had a bit of a stinker.

Edited by RedStarRiot

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You're absolutely :spoton:

For all that we want to do as well as possible and go as far as possible in Europe this season, the reality is that it's all about incremental growth and progression, and for now, just being in the group stage is good for us. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to get further, but right now, getting beyond the group stage would represent a significant outperformance of what we have a right to expect.  The key last season was getting a group stage place and the money that came with it. For now, it's about gaining experience in Europe (and hopefully some extra prize money, for which tonight obviously helps!) while also trying to secure third place again this season to maximise our chances of group stage football again next season. And for that, it's getting back to winning in the league that matters most, and that starts this coming Sunday! 

Incremental growth. Small steps but consistent steps. Fully agree with every word you said. 

Its great to be in the mix and 2nd in the group but I'm looking at the next 3 years

Getting the experience of playing there yoy is vital 

Getting the revenue yoy from getting 3rd and in Europe is vital 

Cutting off the other Scottish sides from getting a European cash windfall out with the OF is vital

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

That Clare with Halliday?😂 it’s good to see all involved with Hearts having a good time ♥️♥️G♥️

Great picture

I think it is ♥️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Absolutely amazing. Only Scottish team to win so far in Europe. Cammy & Gino. 👏👏

Not strictly true is it

"Just Football"

An away European tie, big Hearts support, edge of the seat stuff, massive contribution from manager, team & fans plus an away win...No Nat anthems or political bile.

"Just Football"

Safe journey home...

Edited by OBE

Boys did us proud last night. Much better performance. Hopefully this will continue on Sunday before the International break. After Well its rangers at Tynecastle on 1st Oct.  

One observation is that our front line have not gelled with each other yet. Sometimes looks like its the first time theyve played together. I would

like to think that they will know the likely positioning and runs each other make and turn that into goals soon enough. A good few opportunities wasted last night due to what looked like a misunderstanding of each others game. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

manaliveits105

Watched in Spain - although West Ham were on main screen - the famous were on another screen - very proud when highlights of all games were shown on main screen later with all the famous names including Hearts and people impressed with penalty and 2 nd goal 

the exposure even at Conference level is fantastic for the club 

9 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

So, are we all pals again?

The rest of jkb are, there was a private thread where we all decided you're a fud tho.

Sorry

TweedbankJambo
8 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Fiorentina double header is crucial and there for the taking. They're a great side but they're looking shaky 

If we play like that we're giving them a game. Can't wait now.

6 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

If we play like that we're giving them a game. Can't wait now.

Yes and no. We'll need to be better but last night a massive step forward in getting there. Need to build some form now.

Kio being another bod in the squad going to help.

Were still missing 5 (incl Kio) last night plus Halkett, so 5.8!

If we can get that down to just Boyce, Beni and Rowles soon, we'll quite simply be better.

That wasnt far off our first xi beyond those 3 longtermers

TweedbankJambo
23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes and no. We'll need to be better but last night a massive step forward in getting there. Need to build some form now.

Kio being another bod in the squad going to help.

Were still missing 5 (incl Kio) last night plus Halkett, so 5.8!

If we can get that down to just Boyce, Beni and Rowles soon, we'll quite simply be better.

That wasnt far off our first xi beyond those 3 longtermers

Agreed, that win is a massive confidence booster. Happy days.

10 hours ago, indianajones said:

Careful... folk on here do not like honest assessments. 

Pretty much exactly how i seen the game. I thought RFS were poor and really did not show much footballing ability. They still managed to trouble us and Gordon had to make three key saves. We made it very hard for ourselves in the first half by being slack in possession (McKay being the worst i thought). Second half we improved massively and came out deserved winners. 

I'd probably give Neilson motm just for being such a baller. Huge job and he excelled. 

Oh and drop the short corners ffs. Woeful when we are so wasteful in possession. Their keeper looked shaky as well which we probably could've manipulated with the set pieces. 

He's gonna be a big player for us, you can just see he's going to be class. Hugely impressed... just hope we can keep a hold of him. 

Great second half a really great win against a team who showed last week that they are no mugs.  It's a win that has come at the right time to totally lift the place.  I would imagine most Jambos will have a spring in their step this morning.  The rest will be away sulking.

Edited by TexasAndy

"It's been a so-called sticky patch but we're fourth in the league and second in the Conference League group," Neilson told BBC Scotland.

"If that's sticky, then I'll take that the majority of the time. We know the league form can be better, but with the amount of injuries we've had all together. Hopefully that's done and we can move on and be more of a squad now."

I appreciate it's the third tier competition but after the disappointment of Zurich and the schooling from the Turks I was really proud that we stood up and gave a good account of ourselves last night. Fed up with the only the uglies are contributing to the co-efficient narrative (appreciate that is in the main fair comment) and hope we can do Scotland's reputation some good. 

Ex member of the SaS

Fantastic win and great to get a win in Europe but boy did we make it hard on ourselves and once again have big Craig to thank.

Too many slack passes and poor decisions, but we got there in the end. Players looked out on their feet, so once again we have to question their fitness. This is the team we were expected to beat, and we made a meal of it, need to do much better in the remaining games. 

Just have to hope the win puts some confidence back in the team, as from the home game against Zurich we know they can do much much better.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, OBE said:

"Just Football"

An away European tie, big Hearts support, edge of the seat stuff, massive contribution from manager, team & fans plus an away win...No Nat anthems or political bile.

"Just Football"

Safe journey home...

Beautiful, just beautiful :flag1:

We were too open in the first half and giving them lots of space. Whatever was said at half time did the trick and they barely had a look-in during the second 45. Overall, we were by far the better team and deserved the win. A great result for us and I'm guessing a good game to watch if you were a neutral.

Game should have been over by HT, we missed to many chances, we really have to put them away, very frustrating. Still a good win despite making it hard for ourselves, onwards...

.HHGH!!.

Sometimes it looks like we don't want to score with the number of easy chances we waste.

The aggression and determination to win the ball was night and day to previous matches. Hopefully it's a lesson learned, you have to win the fight first.

Anyone like the look of any of their players? I thought that guy Emerson was really good, caused us a lot of problems . Likewise, illic, their CF. Both pretty young, definitely wouldn’t be against us going for them, although not sure if Brexit and work permit issues would cause us bother? 

45 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Brilliant night

well done the players , manager and fans

Loved the beer flying past the cameras at the 2nd   😃

Money shot, right there...€500,000 of the folding stuff...:thumb: