***Official RFS v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Scott Leitch

Pros:

Shankland can take a ****ing penalty :D 

Barrie can absolutely waltz through defences

Gordons shot stopping

Lewis Neilson is a baller, initially a bit shaky when Halks went off but settled and I think our collectively defensive unit did well

Cons:

We're absolutely too wasteful with chances. Our attacking play looks overthought. Like we're trying to carve perfect openings, but then we overhit simple passes, play them behind the intended player etc. Far, far too wasteful. We need to start punishing teams because if we don't, we're going to start notching up more silly defeats where we're left wondering WTF happened. 

I'd really like to see Barrie become a lot greedier. He's on another wavelength than the rest of our attack IMO, too often his team mates aren't getting into the positions he needs or misreading his one twos. TBH, I think a lot of our players could do with being greedier. Gino too. Nice to see Forrest notch a goal though, hopefully gives him a bit more confidence in shooting first. 

Neilson really needs to drill down on this attack because you absolutely do not get to go through a season like this and achieve your goals being this wasteful.

Maybe I'm being unfair, but our attacking play is extremely frustrating to watch. Slow build up play and then wasteful beyond belief. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Taffin

Absolutely shat my pants for the last 10-15 mins. Unfounded with Neilson and Gordon in the team.

Gino had his best game in a Hearts top, even with that over hit cut back for Shanks.

To get a decent result away from home must be the platform to build on now.

Come on Hearts!!!!😍

Edit: Special mentions for Cammy, Bazza and Halliday tonight too!!❤️

Edited by Aldog8

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Taffin said:

It does also beg the question why he's played Sibbick, Atkinson (to cover smith moving to rcb) and an evidently not fit Halkett ahead of him prior to tonight (I assumed he must be dreadful)...but yes whatever Robbie said at half time did the trick so a big well done to him and all the management team!

Just protecting the lad. Easing him in. The toughest position on the park. He was very brave tonight seemed to grow an inch taller with every touch. 

Fantastic result. Could & should have scored more. When it all clicks, with a full fit first 11 to pick from we are going to give some team a hiding. Hoping to see Keo eventually..... another option to freshen up the midfield when needed.   

Totally forgot about Snodgrass too for the league. Hope this is the start of a wee run. 

Edited by tiger Rudi
Misspelling

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

My early nerves were unfounded. Fantastic result 

This for me tonight was like whenever Scotland travel to Georgia or something. Probs will win, but you never know. Not nervous though.

That Istanbul game last week though I was ready with a bottle of whisky!

Just now, Aldog8 said:

Absolutely shat my pants for the last 10-15 mins. Unfounded with Neilson and Gordon in the team.

Gino had his best game in a Hearts too, even with that over hit cut back for Shanks.

To get a decent result away from home must be the platform to build on now.

Come on Hearts!!!!😍

I couldn't even bear to check the score.  Ecstatic when I did. Huge result for us.

Cammy Devlin is a Duracell battery.

Runs and plays his heart out for the JTs.

Well done to everyone in the team tonight.

They all contributed to a rare away European win.

3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Cammy did really well cool and collected, it's great to see him get an assist....our resident wee terrier 😁

Another plus tonight for getting to World Cup. 

So pleased for the The players, The manager and his team. But especially the traveling support. Brilliant being a Hearts fan. 

:rudiyas: 

:fth:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Folk on about beating Fiorentina now.

:lol:

Funny how certain folk have vanished again. 

We do need a Robbie Neilson GIF or two...

True, There’s a few posters we will not hear from until the next defeat then it will be the same bla bla f*****g bla.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Where’s a certain poster from the west? 

Desperately trying to find something to email the club about :lol:

4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Absolutely brilliantly put ,class wordsmithing if there’s such a word ?Bravo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

☺️

:flag1:"and we're afloat on some big boat, we"ll tie our scarfs around the funnel"...  :toasting:

:flag2:

306279444_382706807395039_8015133994973831915_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pros:

Gordons shot stopping

Lewis Neilson is a baller, initially a bit shaky when Halks went off but settled and I think our collectively defensive unit did well

Cons:

We're absolutely too wasteful with chances. Our attacking play looks overthought. Like we're trying to carve perfect openings, but then we overhit simple passes, play them behind the intended player etc. Far, far too wasteful. We need to start punishing teams because if we don't, we're going to start notching up more silly defeats where we're left wondering WTF happened. 

I'd really like to see Barrie become a lot greedier. He's on another wavelength than the rest of our attack IMO, too often his team mates aren't getting into the positions he needs or misreading his one twos. TBH, I think a lot of our players could do with being greedier. Gino too. Nice to see Forrest notch a goal though, hopefully gives him a bit more confidence in shooting first. 

Neilson really needs to drill down on this attack because you absolutely do not get to go through a season like this and achieve your goals being this wasteful.

Maybe I'm being unfair, but our attacking play is extremely frustrating to watch. Slow build up play and then wasteful beyond belief. 

I thought we were much better going forward tonight. Carried a threat. 

Enjoy the night mate.

We might not be perfect but you must have enjoyed that game. 

We criticise where it's due so let's give the team a lot of credit for that performance. 

2nd top of the group and we have had a ropey start to the season 

Things change quickly in football 

HHGH

Brilliant. What a great feeling. Thought we played some really excellent stuff tonight and fully deserved the win. Halliday outstanding. We controlled that second half pretty well.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

expand?

BT lassie said he should be fine for the weekend, Stewart suggested that Halks probably just shat himself when he felt a twinge

3 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Fantastic result. Could & should have scored more. When it all clicks, with a full fit first 11 to pick from we are going to give some team a hiding. Hoping to see Keo eventually..... another option to freshen up the midfield when needed. 

Some people concerned about the attack but the quick incisive build up play will come. Saw a good preview tonight. 

ScandinavianJambo
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pros:

Gordons shot stopping

Cons:

I'm not sure they are reading eachother correctly yet. Ginelly, Barry & Shankland had a few once where they did not seem to be fully in tune. I hope we can field the same starting 11 a couple of more games and with that perhpaps some of the individual overthinking will stop ie they play more as a front unit. However, they won and they did bloody great! 💯🥳

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

I hope the image of Devlin with his arms raised celebrating the 2nd goal becomes a thing.  Iconic stuff

jamboinglasgow

Feels like a big win for us in regards to the season. While RFS were not great, they were still a risky team. Coming away with 2 goals, a clean sheet, and a big confidence boost should help the players alot. Plus we dont over rely on our subs so they should be fit on Sunday. I would imagine Forrest and Humphrys will start, Devlin could play again as he seems to have endless energy. Plus we could bring in Clark and Snodgrass as well.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Ngolo Devlin 

Just now, ScandinavianJambo said:

I'm not sure they are reading eachother correctly yet. Ginelly, Barry & Shankland had a few once where they did not seem to be fully in tune. I hope we can field the same starting 11 a couple of more games and with that perhpaps some of the individual overthinking will stop ie they play more as a front unit. However, they won and they did bloody great! 💯🥳

I might let Snodgrass get a chance too. 

ScandinavianJambo
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another plus tonight for getting to World Cup. 

indeed, he thoroughly deserves it!

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

:flag1:"and we're afloat on some big boat, we"ll tie our scarfs around the funnel"...  :toasting:

:flag2:

306279444_382706807395039_8015133994973831915_n.jpg

Big team big boat. I'm sure there is a green kayak somewhere.

1 minute ago, daveb15 said:

Let’s build a hotel in the main stand with it

Haha, good idea, you should have a word with the club.maybe a boutique style hotel🤓 

Malinga the Swinga

Thought Cochrane, after early booking, was immense, Neilson was sound and looks real prospect, Gordon was simply Gordon, Smith was solid, while Halliday and Grant gave everything.

Mackay is a delight to watch, Shankland worked socks off and penalty was superb, Gino was revelation, Kingsley put on a shift that would make Scotland manager squirm in embarrassment (if he bothered watching) and Devlin was ****ing fantastic.

I'll take a win any day of the week and look forward to a huge match against Italians.

Enjoyed that. Great effort by all involved with standout performances by Neilson, Cochrane, Halliday, Devlin and Ginnelly. Still a little too wasteful up front but hopefully they can start to relax a little and tuck away some of these chances. Snodgrass and Kiomourtzoglou to come in too!

ScandinavianJambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I might let Snodgrass get a chance too. 

Especially when we take corners! They are our Achilles Heal....

colinmorewasgash

Well done Robbie we deserved that in 2nd half. Hope the lads and lassies party on and well done neilson jnr in 2nd half. Ginnelly wow if he could finish better he wd be some player. Just as well we have time off from europe till fiorentina with beaton in charge on sunday.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought Cochrane, after early booking, was immense, Neilson was sound and looks real prospect, Gordon was simply Gordon, Smith was solid, while Halliday and Grant gave everything.

Mackay is a delight to watch, Shankland worked socks off and penalty was superb, Gino was revelation, Kingsley put on a shift that would make Scotland manager squirm in embarrassment (if he bothered watching) and Devlin was ****ing fantastic.

I'll take a win any day of the week and look forward to a huge match against Italians.

Couldn’t argue with anything there mate👍

chuck berrys hairline

Wobbie Weilson with an away win. Hopefully our attacking play can transfer too the league, well done bois

9 minutes ago, Australis said:

Yep Duracell bunny