***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Nelly Terraces
7 hours ago, karipidis said:

Seems you are the one who is easily upset by being incredibly negative about the game.Β 

Says another one biting.:lol:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

Neverforgetfiveone
21 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Β 

..... unless your spare ticket is for the Fiorentina game ?

No it’s for Istanbul this Thursday lol πŸ˜ŽπŸ‡±πŸ‡»

1 hour ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Referee is Krzysztof Jakubik of Poland. 2nd Polish referee in 3 european games for us.Β 

Β 

Also worth noting there is no VAR in the conference groups

I believe it’s var for the final only mate, I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong.

26 minutes ago, One five said:

I believe it’s var for the final only mate, I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong.

Β 

That was definitely the case last season. Wouldn't be all too surprised if UEFA introduced it from the knockouts this season

19 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Β 

That was definitely the case last season. Wouldn't be all too surprised if UEFA introduced it from the knockouts this season

Tbh I thought it would have been introduced in group stages this year so yeah maybe in the knockouts mate.

Looking at the Evening News preview thread, they are quite an old team. Β A lot of 30+ players in the squad. Β They have had a good start to the season but seem to play different players in Europe. Β High energy performance required.

Kick off time is terrible and shift workers certainly haven't been given a lot of time to take holiday etc.

Β 

Crowd will still be 16k+ and a good atmosphere however.

jimmy the jambo
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

After the carry on in the EPLΒ  , VAR is debatable.

That might not be true,I got an email yesterday about parking yesterday and it mentioned Gerard’s Yard has issues due to VAR equipment.

Β 

Β 

43 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Looking at the Evening News preview thread, they are quite an old team. Β A lot of 30+ players in the squad. Β They have had a good start to the season but seem to play different players in Europe. Β High energy performance required.

Can't do high energy. Lethargy no problem 😊 

The recent run of poor results coupled with the fact Instanbul are off to a great start, points towards a trousering....

.....but, I've a feeling this will be an exciting 2-2!

Been out of touch so pls excuse obvious question

Β 

...early kick off cos of (revised) tv scheduling ?

Β 

...seems unusual for UK home legs in Europe ???

Β 

Onup

Β 

TW

Β 

Β 

Going to get a parking ticket as free parking doesn't kick in till half 5 if I'm not mistaken.Β 

Β 

Bonkers kick off time.Β 

40 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Going to get a parking ticket as free parking doesn't kick in till half 5 if I'm not mistaken.Β 

Β 

Bonkers kick off time.Β 

Β 

Park in sainsburys car park and walk round.Β 

Bungalow Bill
10 hours ago, ramrod said:

Def not selling out now, never did a dot count but looks well over 1kΒ  tickets left minimum.Β 

Amazing considering we’re supposed to have supporters on a season ticket waiting list. You’d think they’d be itching to get to a game.Β 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Amazing considering we’re supposed to have supporters on a season ticket waiting list. You’d think they’d be itching to get to a game.Β 

Combination of the time, price and form probably. Just glad I will enjoy there.

Quick question - been moved from Wheatfield to Main stand for tomorrow - can you gain access to Main stand using Gorgie Road turnstiles?Β 
thanksΒ 

18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Good point. Folk are probably just a bit miffed after the last couple of results. Zurich at him was a bit of a downer as well. That first half was some of the best football I’ve seen us play in a long time. Wish I had left at HT πŸ˜€

I'm sure these things affect the team too.

Β 

A few of them spoke of how the 2020 Cup final defeat affected them. To play so well, and then not get anything from it. The games that followed were very low.

Β 

Gordon aside, none of these guys are used to switching between Europe and Domestic. There's a reason the big teams do it so well and it's called conditioning. Mentally, much more than physically.

Β 

You have to learn to get over disappointment very quickly. If our own support can't do that, how can we expect them too πŸ˜€Β 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Quick question - been moved from Wheatfield to Main stand for tomorrow - can you gain access to Main stand using Gorgie Road turnstiles?Β 
thanksΒ 

Β 

Aye.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Β 

Bonkers kick off time.Β 

Been standard uefa ko time for quite a few year now. Rangers playing at that time tonight. Arsenal also at that time tomorrow. The joys of European football.Β 
Actually delighted our game in Italy is the early ko otherwise it would have been Friday before we get out of stadium.Β 

1 hour ago, Tommy Walker said:

Been out of touch so pls excuse obvious question

Β 

...early kick off cos of (revised) tv scheduling ?

Β 

...seems unusual for UK home legs in Europe ???

Β 

Onup

Β 

TW

Β 

Β 

Yep, all comps, including CL, have early kickoffs now as there are so many games. This year its been compounded by needing to get all the games done before the World Cup.

Β 

I'm sure our away leg in Turkey is on at 4pm???

Man you look at that istanbul team and they have got an absolute abundance of experience on an international and European level, I honestly have got the fear for this one, I mean crikey they've got a guy with 66 caps for Argentina in their midfield!! Sorry to be on a downer but if we were to get anything from this it will be a miracle imo. I just hope we don't get completely battered tbh and can recover with a win at the weekend.

17 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

There’s a lot of factors at play here. Very early KO time, likely fewer away supporters, some people (like me) will always struggle to make midweek games (I’m going to make the home game v Fiorentina though!)

36 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Β 

Park in sainsburys car park and walk round.Β 

You only get 90 mins and then you have to move it as ANR will catch you on the way out. Then you have the private parking companies chasing you for payment whilst the fine ends up in the hundredsΒ 

tartofmidlothian
10 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Β 

A few of them spoke of how the 2020 Cup final defeat affected them. To play so well, and then not get anything from it. The games that followed were very low.

Β 

Gordon aside, none of these guys are used to switching between Europe and Domestic. There's a reason the big teams do it so well and it's called conditioning. Mentally, much more than physically.

Β 

You have to learn to get over disappointment very quickly. If our own support can't do that, how can we expect them too πŸ˜€Β 

Β 

Great post. Especially the last bit.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ozil and Chadli out apparently. So we’ll just have to settle getting humped by players we don’t recognise.

Β 

They've got Bertrand Traore, formerly of Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon.

He cost villa Β£16m 2 years ago and is on loan to them now.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Β 

They've got Bertrand Traore, formerly of Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon.

He cost villa Β£16m 2 years ago and is on loan to them now.

Right enough. We can recognise someone who is humping us then.

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Looks like not going to sell out. Probably about 500 or so by kickoff.

Β 

Stupidly early kick off time has seen to thatΒ 

And the ticket prices

59 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

You only get 90 mins and then you have to move it as ANR will catch you on the way out. Then you have the private parking companies chasing you for payment whilst the fine ends up in the hundredsΒ 

I park there for every home game and i have never had a ticket or had anything through the door. I was not even aware they had an automated number plate recognitionΒ  Β system in place tbh. The biggest problem i have is the time it takes to get out of the carpark as the queues can be huge. Maybe i have just been lucky, watch me get a ticket on Thursday lol.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

ST holder numbers don't equate to available seats.

1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

Yep, all comps, including CL, have early kickoffs now as there are so many games. This year its been compounded by needing to get all the games done before the World Cup.

Β 

thanks

Electronic tickets, ticket master system being shite, small window to book single ST seats. Time taken in queue at ticket office. Multiple demands on cash as soon many games in short space of time, are all factors in addition to early kick off time.

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Β 

Like the poster above I have never had a ticket. They aren't enforced in Scotland anyway so no need to pay.Β 

Β 

Β 

3.30pm our time according to my calendar 😲

Francis Albert

Β 

Β 

Β 

Maybe they could learn from the many fans on here who have had no difficulty in bouncing back from the last two games. Mentally, after a defeat whether "unlucky"or due to poor performance, surely professional players should be conditioned to be desperate to bounce back and prove themselves.

The certainly can't be feeling hard done by after the last two games unless they have bought into Robbie's mental fatigue nonsense.

Just now, Tour22 said:

Β 

Like the poster above I have never had a ticket. They aren't enforced in Scotland anyway so no need to pay.Β 

Β 

I got one through the post yesterday from parking at Aldi last week, already in the bin.

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Β 

3.30pm our time according to my calendar 😲

Β 

Correct. That will be 5.30pm Turkish time, I imagine.Β 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye

Β 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

thanksΒ 

...actually, NO. Tried it last week (now that the Gorgie Road end is automated turnstiles)... wouldn't let me in. Had to walk round to the main stand. It's the same at Wheatfield, the hand scanners won't let you in if your ticket is for the main stand.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Β 

I got one through the post yesterday from parking at Aldi last week, already in the bin.

Β 

The correct way to do it πŸ‘Β 

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I park there for every home game and i have never had a ticket or had anything through the door. I was not even aware they had an automated number plate recognitionΒ  Β system in place tbh. The biggest problem i have is the time it takes to get out of the carpark as the queues can be huge. Maybe i have just been lucky, watch me get a ticket on Thursday lol.

I think Sainsbury customers have the same problem ... (If they get a parking place). I have more sympathy for them TBH. And by extension for Sainsbury.

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Man you look at that istanbul team and they have got an absolute abundance of experience on an international and European level, I honestly have got the fear for this one, I mean crikey they've got a guy with 66 caps for Argentina in their midfield!! Sorry to be on a downer but if we were to get anything from this it will be a miracle imo. I just hope we don't get completely battered tbh and can recover with a win at the weekend.

Should be in the europa, with that skill level, they finished 4th in their league.

just shows the quality in europe,Β 

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Β 

I take it Orestis hasn’t trained with the team yet due to the issue with his visa? Haven’t seen him in any of the training session social media content since he signed. Have always struggled as a fan to think of football as work but of course it is. Can’t work = can’t train I suppose.Β 

2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Β 

I take it Orestis hasn’t trained with the team yet due to the issue with his visa? Haven’t seen him in any of the training session social media content since he signed. Have always struggled as a fan to think of football as work but of course it is. Can’t work = can’t train I suppose.Β 

I imagine you can train as a trailist before being signed. Hopefully.