***Official Livingston v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I ****ing hope not.  Especially as Rowles probably can’t even walk at the moment.

I wasn't being serious 🤣

I thought it was obvious I was just making up a team of our new signings and throwing in a couple of youngsters to make up the final 2 places.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• GBJambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't risk players carrying injuries. But don't "rest" players for Europe. League is the No 1 priority. If we treat it as such every chance we win and possibly go second in the league.

(The bit about resting players applies to every league game but for a game fully 5 days before a home European tie resting players would be particularly indefensible.)

Correct 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Has kio work permit come through yet? 

Who knows. Seems to be the one thing nobody has a clue about 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kios visa hadn't came through as of yesterday morning. I'd be surprised if he was in the team.

Can he even train with the rest of the team with no visa? I'm sure I'd would void any insurance, either way, incase of an injury 

If we have any, we need big guys on the pitch today. As well as Nouble, they have Obileye at the back who they target with every set piece. As Wednesday showed, we can be a bit vulnerable to high balls.

25 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Turns out it's my mistake, I glanced the SPFL's post and mistook the Dumbarton badge for Livingston's, my brain didn't figure the SPFL would include all of the Scottish league's teams in the chart - can't edit the post as I've left it too long

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch9v51YK5Hr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

No probs pal

34 minutes ago, S Form said:

If we have any, we need big guys on the pitch today. As well as Nouble, they have Obileye at the back who they target with every set piece. As Wednesday showed, we can be a bit vulnerable to high balls.

We’ve bought two big guys in and needed a bit of height and muscle. Shame if one of them ruled out through a daft visa. If Halkett plays that’ll help with Livi’s aerial threat. Not the tallest but good in the air. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve bought two big guys in and needed a bit of height and muscle. Shame if one of them ruled out through a daft visa. If Halkett plays that’ll help with Livi’s aerial threat. Not the tallest but good in the air. 

Agree we needed more height,at the game on Wednesday night there where some good balls into the box and I don’t think we won any of them, our midfield where light so a bit steel in there would be good.

Edited by One five

I imagine both Kingsley & Halkett will start. Both need to prove their fitness for Thursday. Can't see much point in them being on the bench tbh. Coming on late in the game for a run out might not tell us enough about their fitness and would risk a limited warm up/stretch prior to taking the field. 

Gordon

Neilson Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane

Grant

Humphreys Mckay

It's either Forrest or Atkinson. Resting Forrest possibly with Atkinson told to get forward down the right. Grant at 10.

2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I imagine both Kingsley & Halkett will start. Both need to prove their fitness for Thursday. Can't see much point in them being on the bench tbh. Coming on late in the game for a run out might not tell us enough about their fitness and would risk a limited warm up/stretch prior to taking the field. 

Gordon

Neilson Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane

Grant

Humphreys Mckay

It's either Forrest or Atkinson. Resting Forrest possibly with Atkinson told to get forward down the right. Grant at 10.

I like that line up. Stick Halkett on the right and Neilson in the middle? Atkinson needs someone covering him when he pushes up. 

Two tickets bought for today. Strangely looking forward to this and slightly confident.

Think the rain will help as a lot of the problems on these types of pitches seem to happen when its a dry sticky surface. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like that line up. Stick Halkett on the right and Neilson in the middle? Atkinson needs someone covering him when he pushes up. 

Would rather Halkett stayed away from wide areas tbh, we’ll need him in the middle to batter Nouble

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would keep Halkett in his favoured position tbh. Neilson is a unit but also appears to have a bit of pace. Not saying Halkett is a slouch by any means but he is better in the middle. Would also like to see Shanks & Humphreys together at some point. Hope they both start on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Would rather Halkett stayed away from wide areas tbh, we’ll need him in the middle to batter Nouble

Just now, tiger Rudi said:

I would keep Halkett in his favoured position tbh. Neilson is a unit but also appears to have a bit of pace. Not saying Halkett is a slouch by any means but he is better in the middle. Would also like to see Shanks & Humphreys together at some point. Hope they both start on Thursday. 

Fair enough guys 👍

6 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I agree and I see Neilson as more of a Souttar RCH type than a Halkett.

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, S Form said:

Part of our team is short, we need Halket and Kingsley back...if they are well enough to play off course...

Need to match Livingston work ethic and our quality should come through. 

We looked so jaded and couldn’t be arsed be against against Kilmarnock

Another performance like Wednesday is unacceptable 

11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Gordon

Neilson Haring Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Grant

Humphrys Mckay Forrest

Shankland

I like this team 👍🏻

We really could do with win today. I know it's ridiculously early in the season but 2 wins, a draw and a defeat from 1st 4 games isn't the greatest. With all due respect to Livingston we can't afford too many slip ups against the "smaller" teams if we are looking to finish 3rd

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

Clark

Denholm Neilson Rowles Cochrane

Kio  C Smith

Forrest Grant Humphrys 

Shankland

Rowles... 

C'mon tae feck min! 

mickycameron98
35 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

We really could do with win today. I know it's ridiculously early in the season but 2 wins, a draw and a defeat from 1st 4 games isn't the greatest. With all due respect to Livingston we can't afford too many slip ups against the "smaller" teams if we are looking to finish 3rd

It's 3 wins from 5 games and the only defeat was at Parkhead. 

12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone any idea of what traffic is like on A71?

14 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone any idea of what traffic is like on A71?

Traffic chaos across most of West Edin due to bypass closed, Calder Rd / Longstone at a standstill

47 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

The loss was Celtic away. So, you are really looking  at 3 wins and a draw, the draw away at ER.

In this league, points be taken off each other. Nobody is good enough to go on more than a 3 win run.

Edited by Riccarton3

I'll go 1-1 draw today.    Would be nice to sneak a win. 

Bonus today will be Hibs to lose.  I'll go 2-3 Kilmarnock.    I think Ross County could get a win off Aberdeen as well.   2-1 to RC. 

OF draw.   Motherwell and St Mirren to drop points well. 

So that's not a bad days results if it comes in.    

No idea what team we'll put out today.   Anyones guess.   

This is a ground anybody in the League could lose at. A draw would not be a disaster. A win would be very good.

A defeat isn't out of the question, at worst leaving us 2 pts off third.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Gordon 

atkinson

halkett

kingskey

cochrane

devlin

grant

mckay

forrest

Ginnelly 

shankland

Looking forward to seeing Kio and Humphrey’s play. 

We need these 2 as they look like they have a bit of grit about them which we’ve been lacking 

13 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Gordon 

atkinson

halkett

kingskey

cochrane

devlin

grant

mckay

forrest

Ginnelly 

shankland

If thats the team, fully fit, we win. Nice if new boys Kio and The Hump are on bench and get time

27 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

It's 3 wins from 5 games and the only defeat was at Parkhead. 

Apologies. You're quite right. It's 3 from 5. Not 2 from 4 as i said. Must have been asleep the last week 😁👍

The Mercer Takeover

Strongest possible team please. League is more important than Europe.

0-3 Hearts

However with Willie Collum the ref, who knows

4 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

0-3 Hearts

Good chance of a penalty for either side then.

***** buys them like a fat ***** at a buffet. 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Fatality on the bypass at 5am this morning. 5am. PEDESTRIAN hit at 5am! 

Still carnage, 5am FFS. 

What time? 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Can Kio play today? Apologies, it's probably been asked about 20 times.

Part of me wonders of Clark will start for some reason.

Sure I read he’s now been registered so should be? 

Hope he is as could do with a bit of dig in midfield . 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rowles... 

C'mon tae feck min! 

Bloody hell. I thought it was obvious I was just picking a team from our new players 😂

I forgot I need to be crystal clear on here when it's a joke 😒

6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

0-3 Hearts

While I'm one who wants the strongest 11 to play, and not be 6 changes the next game when it comes to Livingston away, I'd rotate those with knocks or a risk, recovering from an injury etc then today id rather not involve the following:

Kingsley 

M. Smith

Halkett

Boyce, beni, Rowles Obviously not available. 

I'd be quite happy to see Zender Clark get his debut today, that pitch is the most horrendous surface to land on I've ever been on, can't imagine how painful goalkeeper's must feel after a busy afternoon diving and bouncing back up every time they dive or land on that rigid, fixed in place without any flexibility or movement.  

Mind you, not seen many goalkeepers taken off injured,  but the next I bet they feel it. 

Normally I want best 11 every game,  but I wouldn't want to risk Halkett and Kingsley missing europa conference games or more important fixtures just because they got the last 20 mins against Livingston. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Bloody hell. I thought it was obvious I was just picking a team from our new players 😂

I forgot I need to be crystal clear on here when it's a joke 😒

Tbf, It's a match day thread, if you put a team up it will be automatically associated with that match. 

👍

Putting Rowles in the team is a shite joke as well, you need better jokes if that's your patter. 😁