***Official Livingston v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

It's all about trying to get whatever result we can while keeping the team fresh for Thursday. Hopefully we'll see Kingsley, Halkett and Grant involved, but maybe not all starting.

Heart says 2-1 to us, head says 1-1. But we can beat them if we get it right.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• GBJambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

Hearts are rampant

Obviously it would be good to have some of our injured players back, just slightly concerned if guys like Kingsley and Halkett play, that the plastic pitch is likely to not be best surface to make their return, if they aren’t fully recovered.

Think this may be one of those games where it is very much result over performance. Get an early goal then chance for us to play more football. 0-0 for a long time, or they get first goal, then could be a long afternoon with their time wasting etc.

Contacted the ticket office earlier.

The tickets have been sent but there has been mail strikes this week.

If they don't arrive to email them again and they will arrange reprints to be picked up at Livingston.

Pasquale for King

Halkett and Kingsley will need the minutes of they’re going be ready for next Thursday. 
If Utd can win there we can too, 3-2 win. 

Guess work as to who will be back and whether Neilson will risk them on that shitshow of a pitch but I would definitely be leaving out Smith (probably struggling anyway) and Haring who both have had to do too much in the last week. Equally Neilson, who has done well at centre half looked tired and possibly injured when subbed last night. Ginnelly should be nowhere near the lineup and obviously Rowles, Beni and Boyce are long term absentees for now.

The big question is do we have anyone signed to go straight in. If not I hope this is the lineup for Saturday and next Thursday....

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Kiomourtzoglou

Forrest Grant McKay

Shankland

Edited by Luckies1874

Wonder if the new guy will be on the bench?

Optimistic 2-0 Hearts.  Last time Halkett returned from injury it made a huge difference.

All roads lead to Gorgie

2-2 Alan Forrest to score against his former team and another pen for Shankland. We really need to start winning away games against teams like Livingston but our scoring touch has deserted us and we are not keeping it tight enough at the back. Halkett might be the key figure in this game if we are to win.

None of the new payers will be able to play due to registration issues, meanwhile the Boyle registration took 15 minutes on a Sunday.  Figure that out for yourselves.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Guess work as to who will be back and whether Neilson will risk them on that shitshow of a pitch but I would definitely be leaving out Smith (probably struggling anyway) and Haring who both have had to do too much in the last week. Equally Neilson, who has done well at centre half looked tired and possibly injured when subbed last night. Ginnelly should be nowhere near the lineup and obviously Rowles, Beni and Boyce are long term absentees for now.

The big question is do we have anyone signed to go straight in. If not I hope this is the lineup for Saturday and next Thursday....

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Kiomourtzoglou

Forrest Grant McKay

Shankland

Doubt if Atkinson will make it but you never know. 

Is smith making it ? Looked broken by the end of the killie game. Hope he’s ok

going through and looking forward to it. Hopefully Keo and Stevie get some game time.  And hopefully Kingsley , Grant and Halkett get some minutes before Thursday.
0-2 to the famous

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot

2-2

If Smith and Neilson are out and Halkett and Kingsley aren't 100% I'm ****ed if I know what to do. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Homme said:

2-1 Hearts. 

Definitely Nouble to score for them!

And a mega thread started on why we lost out and should have signed him. 

It's guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And a mega thread started on why we lost out and should have signed him. 

It's guaranteed. 

Yeah you know it. 

You know it's going to be a physical battle. Hopefully Halkett is back in and Kingsley. 

Type of game you'd want Haring in the middle. They have physicality and strength. This is a massive game, if we can get a result here I'd say it would be one of the biggest so far this season. In terms of it not being an easy venue

52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

2-2

If Smith and Neilson are out and Halkett and Kingsley aren't 100% I'm ****ed if I know what to do. 

Did Neilson go off injured? 

We’ll be winning this one. 2-1 Ginnelly and Cochrane. 

Anybody know when the friday press conference is? 

Edited by GinRummy

Horatio Caine
41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll be winning this one. 2-1 Ginnelly and Cochrane. 

Anybody know when the friday press conference is? 

Today I would think

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

You know it's going to be a physical battle. Hopefully Halkett is back in and Kingsley. 

Type of game you'd want Haring in the middle. They have physicality and strength. This is a massive game, if we can get a result here I'd say it would be one of the biggest so far this season. In terms of it not being an easy venue

I got the impression from Halkett at last night's shareholder's dinner where him and Craig Gordon were the guests that he is unliklely to be playing tomorrow but will be ready for next week.

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So can Kio play?

As of this morning he is still awaiting a UK Visa.

Kingsley and Halkett are both back in the squad but it seems possible if not probable only the former will start. May try to save Halkett for Thursday. Grant is also back. No mention of whether Smith and Neilson ok after Wednesday or status on Atkinson so tricky to know lineup options.

Humphrys is available. 

Gordon

Smith/Atkinson  Neilson  Kingsley  Cochrane

Devlin  Haring/Kio (if gets visa)

Forrest Grant McKay

Shankland

AlphonseCapone

Our record at Livi is much better than I thought it was, it's essentially the same as playing them at home. 

54% win rate away versus 56% at home. 

Same with losses. 13% lose rate away versus 11% at home. 

Maybe it's because it always feels a slog but thought it was worse than that. 

Last year Livi lost 35% of their games at home so it's a tough place to go but we seem to do alright there. 

Neilson saying that a lot of the guys like playing on the astro turf and that it will suit us. Also that Halkett and Forrest desperate to play against their old side. 

Edited by Luckies1874

I think we will miss Halkett in this match more than most if he is not ready to play tomorrow. The physicality of Nouble will cause problems and Halketts aggression will be sorely missed. Sibbick and Neilson are both big boys but they are not aggressive and we will need that tomorrow.