***Official Livingston v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Gordon

Atkinson Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Grant

Forrest Humphrys Mckay

Shankland

Get Halkett some time off the bench in place of Kingsley or Neilson. I reckon we'll see Ginnelly, young Smith and possibly Sibbick and Henderson too, depending on how we're doing. I've left Kio out because of the uncertainty about when his visa will come through.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• GBJambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

We_are_the_Hearts
31 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

As of this morning he is still awaiting a UK Visa.

Kingsley and Halkett are both back in the squad but it seems possible if not probable only the former will start. May try to save Halkett for Thursday. Grant is also back. No mention of whether Smith and Neilson ok after Wednesday or status on Atkinson so tricky to know lineup options.

Humphrys is available. 

Gordon

Smith/Atkinson  Neilson  Kingsley  Cochrane

Devlin  Haring/Kio (if gets visa)

Forrest Grant McKay

Shankland

I wouldn’t play Neilson. Could see Nouble bossing him the way Cameron did the other night. 

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Smith Neikson Kingsley Cochrane

Kio Cammy

Forrest Grant Mckay

shankalnd

Can't see Smith playing on the plastic. He was proper crocked at the end on Wednesday and a rest before the euro game may happen.

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I wouldn’t play Neilson. Could see Nouble bossing him the way Cameron did the other night. 

I'm hoping Halkett starts beside Kingsley but reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench tomorrow. That would probably leave a choice of Sibbick or Neilson.......

Edited by Luckies1874

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Can't see Smith playing on the plastic. He was proper crocked at the end on Wednesday and a rest before the euro game may happen.

Smith and Haring both definitely need a breather.

Looking to win this, even a draw is disappointing as 3rd is as low as I want.

If in mood livy will run through a brick wall for DM so it wont be a given.

Oh and if Sibbick plays lay off booing, what good twats think that does is beyond me.

Pasquale for King

Right back is the problem position for this game, Smith and Atkinson likely to miss out. Does he go 343 with Forrest at RWB or go with Sibbick/Neilson at RB in a 4231. Hopefully the new guys will be available to freshen things up. 

tartofmidlothian
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Right back is the problem position for this game, Smith and Atkinson likely to miss out. Does he go 343 with Forrest at RWB or go with Sibbick/Neilson at RB in a 4231. Hopefully the new guys will be available to freshen things up. 

Atkinson's due back, isn't he? Or else who in the centre or on the left can make a temporary switch? Cochrane? Halliday?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Atkinson's due back, isn't he? Or else who in the centre or on the left can make a temporary switch? Cochrane? Halliday?

I can’t see any mention of his injury or when he’s due back, RN will maybe mention him today. 
None of the solutions look great tbh.,

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t see any mention of his injury or when he’s due back, RN will maybe mention him today. 
None of the solutions look great tbh.,

I believe it was a groin strain and Robbie said he seemed ok and should be available.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I believe it was a groin strain and Robbie said he seemed ok and should be available.

Can’t see that in the media or on Hearts website regarding tomorrow. 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

I think we will miss Halkett in this match more than most if he is not ready to play tomorrow. The physicality of Nouble will cause problems and Halketts aggression will be sorely missed. Sibbick and Neilson are both big boys but they are not aggressive and we will need that tomorrow.

Aye that's going to be a huge problem. Number 27 for Killie bossed us in the air. Neilson hasn't got that aggression side down yet. 

On 01/09/2022 at 09:26, tartofmidlothian said:

It's all about trying to get whatever result we can while keeping the team fresh for Thursday. Hopefully we'll see Kingsley, Halkett and Grant involved, but maybe not all starting.

Heart says 2-1 to us, head says 1-1. But we can beat them if we get it right.

1-0 Hearts.

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye that's going to be a huge problem. Number 27 for Killie bossed us in the air. Neilson hasn't got that aggression side down yet. 

Neilson will get there. Looks a very good prospect. 

They were all over us in this fixture last year and if it wasn't for Gordon we would've been trailing by at least 2 at half time. Luckily we rallied in the 2nd half and got the winner thanks to Boyce

I'd take any sort of win. Performance is irrelevant. All about the points

12 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Is this sold out? Trying to get tickets but not letting me? 

You can only buy on the Livingston site or at the booth ore match tomorrow. 

lost in space
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Can see us losing this one if we don't improve considerably.

Careful Frank, you are on the cusp of joining us pant-wetters.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Can see us losing this one if we don't improve considerably.

Tough place to go but Livi, after a good start, have been quite poor recently. I’m fairly confident we’ll come away with three points. If the new striker is the player I think he is then it’ll be good to have some physicality up front.

Diadora Van Basten

I bought tickets online last week but haven’t received them. Does anyone know if they are posted out or if you get them in another way.

Really tough game not the game you want to be going into with half squad missing and Livingston smarting after taking a pumping last week.No idea on the score just hope we can get something out it and come through it unscathed.

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I bought tickets online last week but haven’t received them. Does anyone know if they are posted out or if you get them in another way.

Meant to be posted if you selected that. 

Contact the TO and they'll have it reprinted, will be able to collect from the stadium before kick-off. 

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Really tough game not the game you want to be going into with half squad missing and Livingston smarting after taking a pumping last week.No idea on the score just hope we can get something out it and come through it unscathed.

Hopefully it’s us that are hurting after the Kilmarnock game and we come out flying 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Hopefully it’s us that are hurting after the Kilmarnock game and we come out flying 

Would hope so but I didn't really see a team that was hurting about that result.Severe lack of urgency in that game.

Has anyone not received their tickets? I ordered mine last Saturday and just clicked they’ve not been delivered for that or Motherwell.

5 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Halliday played right back, switiching there during a game, can’t remember which game but he definitely did. 

Tbh I'd really like to see Connor Smith handed the chance to make the attacking mid role his own. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Grant

McKay Smith Forrest

Shankland

Any pubs nearby the centre / ground that will be showing the old firm match?

Know there is a pub in the centre that used to show football but think it’s now a spoons 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Tbh I'd really like to see Connor Smith handed the chance to make the attacking mid role his own. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Grant

McKay Smith Forrest

Shankland

Not a bad shout.

3 hours ago, lost in space said:

Careful Frank, you are on the cusp of joining us pant-wetters.

Got a bit to go yet 😉, but mightily peed off with our recruitment efforts.

Edited by frankblack

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Tough place to go but Livi, after a good start, have been quite poor recently. I’m fairly confident we’ll come away with three points. If the new striker is the player I think he is then it’ll be good to have some physicality up front.

Hope so.  The new striker is a bit of an unknown quantity.

My worry now is what next if our injury/illness/suspensions decimate us further?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Hope so.  The new striker is a bit of an unknown quantity.

My worry now is what next if our injury/illness/suspensions decimate us further?

Got the same worry. Can only hope ot goes the other way and we get players back 👍

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Got the same worry. Can only hope ot goes the other way and we get players back 👍

I still think we need another striker to compete and cover the new guy and Shankland.

If you aren't scoring goals the pressure increases on the defence not to concede.

Edited by frankblack

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I still think we need another striker to compete and cover the new guy and Shankland.

If you aren't scoring goals the pressure increases on the defence not to concede.

I’d take a striker or a goal scoring centre mid but aye we are still one or two short imo. 

Robbie, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  I don't want to be disappointed.  I don't want Hearts 0 at half time.

Rest Mackay on that surface abd get the job done.

And Robbie, one final thing.  Tell your payers that if Hibs lose their relegation battle we will already be 8 points clear of them in early September.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

And Robbie, one final thing.  Tell your payers that if Hibs lose their relegation battle we will already be 8 points clear of them in early September.

Is that Mr Neilsons ‘ employers that you refer to, Dougal?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 01/09/2022 at 05:44, davemclaren said:

Oh yes, I forgot.  Hope you enjoy it. 👍

Thanks, looking forward to my first game in person in 3 years :toasting:

3 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Is there a cash gate at Livi tomorrow? How does that work for segregating fans. Don't want to end up sitting with home support lol

It's ok my livi mate will talk to you😆

Ricardo Quaresma

Gordon

Neilson Haring Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Grant

Humphrys Mckay Forrest

Shankland