***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

17 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

You were sat behind us on the way there. Check your phone we got a few selfies with you while you were out cold 😂

A few?! About 30 of them!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone staying at Hu Firenze leaving early like 5/ 5.30am to Florence airport? Looking to see if can share taxi. Our flight leaves at 7am back to Gatwick. 

6 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Absolutely incredible support

Never caught up Paul  as you say great support.  Tender this morning 🇱🇻 Safe travels 

15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Methinks more than a few are going to miss KO. Mental ...

Screenshot_20221013-182831_Gallery.jpg

Absolutely brilliant and mental the whole trip. However have they not read the memo about how to safely get fans in and out of ground. The “home end” fans were climbing one at a time through a gap in the fence to gain entry no stewards nothing so it became an absolute scrum. Then Police kept us all back behind barriers for 45mins creating a very tetchy atmosphere before opening the barriers to allow one person at a time to exit. Again a near stampede as everyone tried to funnel through (all the barriers were knocked down in the surge). Terrible policing and thank god nobody was seriously injured. 

3 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Absolutely brilliant and mental the whole trip. However have they not read the memo about how to safely get fans in and out of ground. The “home end” fans were climbing one at a time through a gap in the fence to gain entry no stewards nothing so it became an absolute scrum. Then Police kept us all back behind barriers for 45mins creating a very tetchy atmosphere before opening the barriers to allow one person at a time to exit. Again a near stampede as everyone tried to funnel through (all the barriers were knocked down in the surge). Terrible policing and thank god nobody was seriously injured. 

OS1 was very overcrowded whilst OS2 had shedloads of space. Total shambles and as you point out, not the fault of the fans.

Heartsmad1874
25 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

The buses were a disaster aswell. Absolutely no room to move. 

Prince Buaben

@sooperstar did you have the kimono on the whole trip. Sure I seen someone in Red Garter both nights with one on :lol:

Was a good trip. Fans were Outstanding. If ever a team had a support they didnt deserve it was this current one after the first half.

But who's celebrated a consolation goal like it was a last minute winner before.

Getting in the ground was a bit scary. There was crushing as folk were trying to get into the small gate.

8 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

@sooperstar did you have the kimono on the whole trip. Sure I seen someone in Red Garter both nights with one on :lol:

Was a good trip. Fans were Outstanding. If ever a team had a support they didnt deserve it was this current one after the first half.

But who's celebrated a consolation goal like it was a last minute winner before.

Getting in the ground was a bit scary. There was crushing as folk were trying to get into the small gate.

I did indeed. It's in some state now.

Prince Buaben
49 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I did indeed. It's in some state now.

:Lol:

You or the kimono? 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

OS1 was very overcrowded whilst OS2 had shedloads of space. Total shambles and as you point out, not the fault of the fans.

This was entirely the fault of the fans with OS2 tickets standing in the wrong section. Still, great atmosphere 😎

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

This was entirely the fault of the fans with OS2 tickets standing in the wrong section. Still, great atmosphere 😎

But there was nobody directing folk. I was in OS1, which is where my ticket was for, but I only ended up there by sheer fluke.

12 minutes ago, MrBones said:

I'm here another day. Having a cheeky wee Negroni in the sunshine. Don't won't to leave tomorrow. What a trip

Al-fresca lunch in a tiny sqaure next to Museo Galileo. Perfect after a very late night.

Screenshot_20221014-145603_Gallery.jpg

6 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Anyone staying at Hu Firenze leaving early like 5/ 5.30am to Florence airport? Looking to see if can share taxi. Our flight leaves at 7am back to Gatwick. 

Sorry, too early for us. Bus to SMN station at about 8.00am

30 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Wish i could stay longer but got the delight of Aberdeen away in less than 48 hours.

One last night to go. I’m dining at the restaurant by the Dante statue in the Piazza Santa Croce - hope you all behaved yourselves there!

Epic couple of days that have flown by. I'm not too sure what happened last night but I walked to the stadium, got lost and we were 3-0 down when I got there so stupidly decided not to bother.

Walked back into the centre and fell arse over tit down the steps of the railway bridge and I'm nursing several large bruises and probably a cracked rib or two.

Taking it easy tonight 😄

Heartsmad1874
45 minutes ago, graygo said:

Epic couple of days that have flown by. I'm not too sure what happened last night but I walked to the stadium, got lost and we were 3-0 down when I got there so stupidly decided not to bother.

Walked back into the centre and fell arse over tit down the steps of the railway bridge and I'm nursing several large bruises and probably a cracked rib or two.

Taking it easy tonight 😄

This is why taking the bus was recommended :rofl: 

50 minutes ago, graygo said:

Taking it easy tonight 😄

You enjoyed your trip, though?

.... less so your 'trip'. 😉🍻🍺🍻👍

53 minutes ago, graygo said:

Taking it easy tonight 😄

🇱🇻🍺🇱🇻

😆😆😆

54 minutes ago, graygo said:

Taking it easy tonight 😄

:robbo:  can’t wait to hear what “taking it easy” entails in tomorrow mornings report!! 

29 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:robbo:  can’t wait to hear what “taking it easy” entails in tomorrow mornings report!! 

The signs aren't good, few Aperol Spritz earlier as I'd convinced myself they were just a fancy juice 😄 now in the Red Garter for food and beer.

Oot the hoose at 7am tomorrow 😟

1 hour ago, Tynie724 said:

Anyone getting the flixbus to Bergamo airport tomorrow at 7.40am and want to share a taxi? Bus stop is quite far away.

*Update, it also goes to Bologna. So if anyone is going from Florence bus station at 7.40am tomorrow let me know👍

Prince Buaben

Can someone post lyrics to some of the songs from yesterday as I was can't remember half of them. 

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Taking it easy tonight 😄

You should've jumped in my taxi when you popped your head through the window,I was in the stadium for 17.15. Take it easy mate.

38 minutes ago, weegranty said:

You should've jumped in my taxi when you popped your head through the window,I was in the stadium for 17.15. Take it easy mate.

Window?

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Window?

I got in a taxi at the square and the window was down,you stuck your head in taxi to say hello.

1 minute ago, weegranty said:

I got in a taxi at the square and the window was down,you stuck your head in taxi to say hello.

FFS, can't remember that. There's quite a lot of yesterday that I can't remember though.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

FFS, can't remember that. There's quite a lot of yesterday that I can't remember though.

Great seeing you slightly p1shed and enjoying yourself.

7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

But there was nobody directing folk. I was in OS1, which is where my ticket was for, but I only ended up there by sheer fluke.

I get what you're saying, but you'd need to be pretty thick to not know the sections. It was never dangerous either, just an extra effort to make it to the underground loos and the bar on the way back :lol:

17 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I get what you're saying, but you'd need to be pretty thick to not know the sections. It was never dangerous either, just an extra effort to make it to the underground loos and the bar on the way back :lol:

What the **** were those bogs about?!! 🤣 
That place needs condemned. They wouldn’t be allowed to play in quite a number of top European Leagues and it frankly shows UEFA have no clue that they pass whatever safety certificates etc are required. Getting in/out brought back memories of Darkheid back in the 80’s. 

Ended up just cutting  about lost in Florence for 5 hours last night. Eventually found a taxi. 250 quid taxi back to bologna just to find my pal had got the 4.30am train. Lost my phone. He's lost his wallet. Made our 9am flight this morning with seconds to spare.

Thank christ i'm back home now. What a trip. 

1 minute ago, haj said:

Ended up just cutting  about lost in Florence for 5 hours last night. Eventually found a taxi. 250 quid taxi back to bologna just to find my pal had got the 4.30am train. Lost my phone. He's lost his wallet. Made our 9am flight this morning with seconds to spare.

Holy shit and there was me feeling sorry for myself. 😄

Someone posted on one of the Hearts fans Facebook pages about a found phone.

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Can someone post lyrics to some of the songs from yesterday as I was can't remember half of them. 

Shalalalala la Heart of Midlothian 😁

Just now, graygo said:

Holy shit and there was me feeling sorry for myself. 😄

Someone posted on one of the Hearts fans Facebook pages about a found phone.

Cheers but I had it today to get on to our bologna to barcelona flight so it must be on the plane. Had a good look when getting off so god knows where it is. Ironic that the one time i've been sober in three days is the time I lose it. Just glad it wasn't my passport! 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I ****ing love you 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, haj said:

Check the lost, phone Florence thread 

I’ve done a few trips over the years with Hearts and Scotland Florence tops the lot.

That will live with me till the day I die.

I mean the videos and pictures look good but only do it 10% justice.

Outstanding. Proud to be a Hearts fan.

ToadKiller Dog

Out in Milan now home Sunday,  great fun ,but why can't Italians have more than one bog in each bar ,bee4 drinkers need to piss 

Doctor FinnBarr
18 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Out in Milan now home Sunday,  great fun ,but why can't Italians have more than one bog in each bar ,bee4 drinkers need to piss 

Some Flemish Belgian bars are much more fun, long urinal and one shithouse......that woman have to use as well normally passing said urinal.