***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

Thanks mate :lol:

I am in love, I can't deny

Heart of Midlothian football club until I die

Edinburgh pride, you cannot lie

We've been the best since Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. 

Ohohohohoh

A football life I understand 

I dedicate my life to HMFC 

Football team from the capital 

It's where my Heart will always be

Ohohohohohoh

Tynecastle is my second home

I'm sure someone will correct if either are wrong.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ohohohohoh

Ohohohohohoh

Tune?

SectionDJambo

This was my first overseas trip to see Hearts since Paris 1984. There’s been too many obstacles.

Thanks to all I met and shared time and beers with. It was a great experience and I always love being with my own people. 
And thanks also to the people of Florence, and the other visitors, who were happy to engage with us and enjoy the fun.

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Tune?

It's two separate songs, neither tune I'd know to be able to pass on in text.

Awake from 7am Thursday morning to 5pm Friday. Hanging about outside pisa airport for 3 hours as we didn't know it shut and opened at 4am. Had to stand majority of the train journey from London back to Edinburgh, got a seat from Newcastle. And id do all again in a heart beat.

Got home about 1am last night after our flight home was delayed from Rome. Hard not to just type the same thing everyone else has, but I’ve been on a few European  trips with Hearts and that tops the lot for me too. 

Bit different for me this time as brought my wife. She’s never really ‘got’ Hearts and just thinks I’m an idiot for spending so much time travelling back and forward. Regularly telling me she thinks I’m mental. Only got her to come by tying it in with a day either side in Rome. 

As we walked into the square by the church with the dome, absolutely rammed with tourists just as ‘Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian’ broke out I will never forget the look on her face. She turned to me and said ‘I guess this won’t  be a quiet day seeing tourist stuff then?’ 

Long story short she had a smile on her face all day/night and couldn’t believe how well everyone behaved, and I even caught her clapping along a few times. A huge thank you to the couple next to us who told her the best thing they’ve ever done was take their son to games. You’ve just secured another generation of Hearts fans in my family without knowing it. 

Sometimes for all of us involved it is hard to realise how special this football club is. For a lady from the midlands who met a random Scottish guy who spent most weekends going to Edinburgh a little bit of her now understands. She even said she enjoyed it and wants to go again. Just no one tell her you can’t get aperol spritz in Gorgie. 

Oh what a night indeed. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Got home about 1am last night after our flight home was delayed from Rome. Hard not to just type the same thing everyone else has, but I’ve been on a few European  trips with Hearts and that tops the lot for me too. 

Bit different for me this time as brought my wife. She’s never really ‘got’ Hearts and just thinks I’m an idiot for spending so much time travelling back and forward. Regularly telling me she thinks I’m mental. Only got her to come by tying it in with a day either side in Rome. 

As we walked into the square by the church with the dome, absolutely rammed with tourists just as ‘Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian’ broke out I will never forget the look on her face. She turned to me and said ‘I guess this won’t  be a quiet day seeing tourist stuff then?’ 

Long story short she had a smile on her face all day/night and couldn’t believe how well everyone behaved, and I even caught her clapping along a few times. A huge thank you to the couple next to us who told her the best thing they’ve ever done was take their son to games. You’ve just secured another generation of Hearts fans in my family without knowing it. 

Sometimes for all of us involved it is hard to realise how special this football club is. For a lady from the midlands who met a random Scottish guy who spent most weekends going to Edinburgh a little bit of her now understands. She even said she enjoyed it and wants to go again. Just no one tell her you can’t get aperol spritz in Gorgie. 

Oh what a night indeed. 

Brilliant pal fecking brilliant. Took my bird to riga its now a given she wont be allowing me to go alone.

I'm still in Turin. The place is ****ing mahoosive. Not looking forward to going back to that Edinburgh shithole tbh, I think I'm acclimatised to Italy now. :sad:

Been back since yesterday afternoon, and despite the copious amount of drink consumed I only feel a buzz after that trip. Was a special time, in a special place, with a special football club. We can only hope as a club we kick on now and secure 3rd again to get these sort of adventures again. 

Echo what everyone else says. Amazing start to finish. Only gripe is the ****ing mosquitos. The ****ers feasted on me for 3 days.

Sitting in Pisa airport now, a broken man and the drive from Manchester up the road is causing me to break out in a cold sweat.

Would do it all again in a heartbeat though.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇹♥️

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Oh what a night indeed. 

:greatpost:

51 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Echo what everyone else says. Amazing start to finish. Only gripe is the ****ing mosquitos. The ****ers feasted on me for 3 days.

Same here mate. Covered in bites. And yet my laddie who was beside me the whole time has none.

Must have been the red wine in the blood 

5 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Same here mate. Covered in bites. And yet my laddie who was beside me the whole time has none.

Must have been the red wine in the blood 

Never been bitten before and Thursday night they attacked! I had a bottle of red so aye probably that!

Everything about this trip exceeded expectations [bar the result / performance on the park obviously]....

Beautiful city, and seeing the look on my laddies face when we hit the square on Thursday afternoon [his first Euro football trip], he sang every minute till he physically couldn't anymore.

Never quite seen a support like it

Take a bow one and all - you are beautiful people....done us proud

Home late last night, broken man the day. What a trip, what a fan base.

Well done to everyone caught at the gate outside for staying cool, serious accident waiting to happen if it has kicked off, kids there aswell, scary stuff. 

4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Home late last night, broken man the day. What a trip, what a fan base.

Well done to everyone caught at the gate outside for staying cool, serious accident waiting to happen if it has kicked off, kids there aswell, scary stuff. 

:lol: I was right at the front, it was like they wanted us to go mental so they could get stuck in about us. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: I was right at the front, it was like they wanted us to go mental so they could get stuck in about us. 

Afterwards was a total nonsense too, accident waiting to happen with blocking the exits…..not sure the rendition of “what the ****ing hell is that” 🤣 was the wisest choice but nonetheless!! 

872678CC-A466-41A5-BD5D-7B70F5C54D3C.thumb.jpeg.78bdea4f6a64258ad9eb568f0cc7c73d.jpeg7E4B01FE-3009-490E-BC56-B45B4846A024.thumb.jpeg.fbea01d2e7c137db1036353b756df6c6.jpeg

Prince Buaben
9 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ohohohohoh

Ohohohohohoh

Cheers mate. The second one is one I couldnt remember at all.

Got home at about 1ish last night. Newcastle to Ibiza to Pisa then train to Florence and same return. Was good except on the way there plane was diverted due to 3 Geordie birds on the plane vaping. So we sat on the tarmac in Bordeaux for an hour. 

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's what I thought, especially when the riot Shields came out 😂

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

6 rounds of 6 pints at the stadium and home to see nothing has come off the account or showing on my contactless history :)

It was cash only in the stadium ‘bar’ we went too 🤔

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

6 rounds of 6 pints at the stadium and home to see nothing has come off the account or showing on my contactless history :)

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Afterwards was a total nonsense too, accident waiting to happen with blocking the exits…..not sure the rendition of “what the ****ing hell is that” 🤣 was the wisest choice but nonetheless!! 

872678CC-A466-41A5-BD5D-7B70F5C54D3C.thumb.jpeg.78bdea4f6a64258ad9eb568f0cc7c73d.jpeg7E4B01FE-3009-490E-BC56-B45B4846A024.thumb.jpeg.fbea01d2e7c137db1036353b756df6c6.jpeg

It was all rather stupid especially as the 2,000 Hearts fans in the adjacent home sections walked straight out and     then walked behind them!!

I guess they have a plan for away fans that’s inflexible!

I’m heading to the railway station now for the train to Bologna!

♥️🟣♥️🟣♥️🟣♥️🟣

Ciao Firenze grazie!!

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

It was cash only in the stadium ‘bar’ we went too 🤔

This was the bar under MAF that backed onto the toilet queue.  I didn’t even take cash, spent a fortune in the Lions Fountain and the Red Garter 😂

We are at Gatwick waiting on the flight to Inverness. Then it will be Aberdeen for the game tomorrow. 

alicante jambo
11 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Sitting in Bologna Airport and just remembered I hadn't posted a link to Aaron's vlog, what a few days.. Enjoy:

Great vlog mate. 

Sitting in Pisa airport waiting for flights.

Had a great time!

Waiter in the restaurant last night complimentary about the fans being so "quiet". 😂

Just there for a party having a good time, not like the Ajax fans in Naples on Wednesday night. He said the olive were worried there could be trouble, but were very relieved and enjoyed the visit from us.

🇱🇻🇱🇻

One question that's been bugging me...

For the guys that had the fireworks / flares in Santa Croce prior to game....where the feck did you get them ? :)

Not allowed on the flight so where did you all get them..??

Created a great atmosphere and loved every minute but cant help but thinking a group were sent out to find these supplies ....😁

1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

Got home at about 1ish last night. Newcastle to Ibiza to Pisa then train to Florence and same return. Was good except on the way there plane was diverted due to 3 Geordie birds on the plane vaping. So we sat on the tarmac in Bordeaux for an hour. 

same flights as 2 of my mates 

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I got stuck in those bloody barriers. No doubt countless others did too.

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

We were about an hour ahead. Milan to Paris and home.

Suppose that's the risk with Iniza flights,  I'd of been swinging for them!!

1 hour ago, moz said:

One question that's been bugging me...

For the guys that had the fireworks / flares in Santa Croce prior to game....where the feck did you get them ? :)

Not allowed on the flight so where did you all get them..??

Created a great atmosphere and loved every minute but cant help but thinking a group were sent out to find these supplies ....😁

There was an ‘ultras’ shop in Firenze mate, you could invade Russia with some of the pyro in there

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Oh what a night indeed. 

5 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Brilliant pal fecking brilliant. Took my bird to riga its now a given she wont be allowing me to go alone.

I took my Mrs to Belfast for a Glentoran friendly about 14 years ago, never get to a game on my own now, looks like shes tagging on for Istanbul now,

39 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

There was an ‘ultras’ shop in Firenze mate, you could invade Russia with some of the pyro in there

Ah...makes sense...!

Top work from the boys on that front, what an atmosphere

41 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Double post

Edited by moz

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Sitting in Pisa airport now, a broken man and the drive from Manchester up the road is causing me to break out in a cold sweat.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇹♥️

Hopefully no punctures (unlike your epic Dingwall journey). Your long-distance away trips are something else! Take care. 👍

So many positives from our Euro involvement for the players’ development, for the club’s finances, and for the club’s reputation thanks to wonderful fans.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇹♥️

Got pished from start to finish. Got Lost. Missed the game. Fell over. Saw frck all. Can barely remember large chunks.  (Your own account)

Aye great trip right enough. Having been there myself in the distant past, you really ought to have some contemplation time when you get back mate

32 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully no punctures (unlike your epic Dingwall journey). Your long-distance away trips are something else! Take care. 👍

😄 Cheers mate, still in Belgium. We'll get there eventually 👍

Hope it all went good for you.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Got pished from start to finish. Got Lost. Missed the game. Fell over. Saw frck all. Can barely remember large chunks.  (Your own account)

Aye great trip right enough. Having been there myself in the distant past, you really ought to have some contemplation time when you get back mate

I was pished on Thursday night mate, not sure why you would say that I was pished from start to finish .

Want to show me where what you posted was "my own account"?