***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

tartofmidlothian

14 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can someone confirm the likely difference in TV revenue between the Europe League and Conference if we win tomorrow and Rangers qualify for the Champions League?

Can't be certain how much we'd get in UECL but unlikely to be more than €500k. As sole Scottish representatives in UEL we'd get just over €2m. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Geoff Kilpatrick

6 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Can't be certain how much we'd get in UECL but unlikely to be more than €500k. As sole Scottish representatives in UEL we'd get just over €2m. 

👍👍👍

11 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Huge prize for us if we can manage it tomorrow.

No Idle Talk

Tomorrow night is such a great spot for us to be in. If we win we will go into the group stage of the Europa League. What's not to love about that? If we go out then we will drop into the group stage of the Conference League. Where, I think, we would have more chance of winning some matches and potentially earning even more money than we would have in the Europa League.

This is a classic free hit situation. Hopefully we will go out there tomorrow night and play like that. No pressure, just a huge opportunity. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Smith Rowles Kingsley Cochrane

Grant Cammy

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

Where im at but need plan B when Smith needs to go off. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Gordon

Sibbick  Rowles  Kingsley

Smith                                    Cochrane

Devlin      Haring

Forrest                     McKay

Shankland

Think that will be the team based upon who has been rested and recent team selections.

Boyce, Grant, Atkinson all to feature

Jesus, no, even i would fancy my chances on the counter against that. 

10 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Tomorrow night is such a great spot for us to be in. If we win we will go into the group stage of the Europa League. What's not to love about that? If we go out then we will drop into the group stage of the Conference League. Where, I think, we would have more chance of winning some matches and potentially earning even more money than we would have in the Europa League.

This is a classic free hit situation. Hopefully we will go out there tomorrow night and play like that. No pressure, just a huge opportunity. 

Not now that Rangers are in the CL.  A win tomorrow is now probably worth minimum of £1.5m more than a defeat will be worth, possibly more. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

12/5 on Skybet to win the tie.

Yes strange odds on PP.  We are slight favourites to win over 90 mins tomorrow yet Zurich are 2/7 to go through. 

No Idle Talk
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not now that Rangers are in the CL.  A win tomorrow is now probably worth minimum of £1.5m more than a defeat will be worth, possibly more. 

How does that work?

7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How does that work?

Prize money is the same regardless but tv money is split amongst clubs from each nation. So the number of clubs in each tournament get equal shares. We would have had to split it 50/50, now we get the whole pot provided we get there.

No Idle Talk
5 minutes ago, andydog said:

Prize money is the same regardless but tv money is split amongst clubs from each nation. So the number of clubs in each tournament get equal shares. We would have had to split it 50/50, now we get the whole pot provided we get there.

Cheers mate. Interesting.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Just a small reminder to any transformers hobos in disguise. 

GIRFUY

It should have been 10 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Firefox said:

It should have been 10 

They even carry luck when they get absolutely pumped ffs 🤦🏽😆?!?!

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, kila said:

Heard the same for Avdijaj for the first leg and he was in the line up. Think we should take any news about their team with a pinch of salt.

This.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So a game with a two million pound prize for the winner basically

Yes for us, you would need to look at how the other Swiss teams are doing to find out the picture for Zurich.

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What row as may know someone who is interested 

Someone you know might interested in one of our biggest games in years and what row the ticket is in could be a deciding factor? 

23 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Someone you know might interested in one of our biggest games in years and what row the ticket is in could be a deciding factor? 

I was thinking the same. How gives a feck where you sit.

Watt-Zeefuik
29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If Hearts made the Champions League final, he'd say he was considering getting one but wanted to know if the view was obstructed. He'd end up not going and say he had doubts about the playing staff and whether they were fit to play for Hearts.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Book mark it. 

100% he’ll claim his season ticket is near there when challenged in 6 months time. 

A 50+ v rare poster here. Anyone watching match in Amsterdam? Any pub that might show match? I am here on a trip planned ages ago 😞

Geoff Kilpatrick

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Sorry, I'm getting a little excited about this even though I'll be 10,000 miles away. This game is fricking massive and I'm feeling good about it!

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

If Hearts made the Champions League final, he'd say he was considering getting one but wanted to know if the view was obstructed. He'd end up not going and say he had doubts about the playing staff and whether they were fit to play for Hearts.

Maybe Lee Johnson should diversify his special app to cover all football grounds? Problem solved.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I was thinking the same. How gives a feck where you sit.

To be fair to the guy, it might be someone who couldn't manage all the way to the back of the Wheatfield for example.

Gorgie_Rules
9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Jesus, no, even i would fancy my chances on the counter against that. 

That line up with Haring and Devlin and a back 3 is probably the most defensive we have for starting the game, Smith over Atkinson as well.

:yas: Today is the day! It's finally here, I'm excited like a 5 year old at Christmas!

Lets do this Hearts!!!

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

So a game with a two million pound prize for the winner basically

Depends on how many other Swiss teams are in I suppose, Rangers would’ve taken £1.2m of the TV money so that’s how much extra we gain if we get through. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Sorry, I'm getting a little excited about this even though I'll be 10,000 miles away. This game is fricking massive and I'm feeling good about it!

Just seen on fbook last nights fire work display outside hotel our opponents staying at

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Might not be able to make it up the back for instance. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just seen on fbook last nights fire work display outside hotel our opponents staying at

😂 woke me up 2.30 ish 

Dick Dastardly

Gordon

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Atkinson Haring Devlin Cochrane 

Boyce Shankland McKay 

Hearts 3 Shankland, Boyce, Kingsley 

Zurich  1 some Toblerone munching twat

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes strange odds on PP.  We are slight favourites to win over 90 mins tomorrow yet Zurich are 2/7 to go through. 

That just means they think they'll win extratime or penalties.    They underestimate our squad depth.    We do have some weakness if we are forced to make subs.    Hopefully it doesn't come to that. 

Dick Dastardly
23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That's a bit embarrassing,  to be honest.  I'd be absolutely raging if that was them doing it to us. 

We will definitely win now some plukey wee boy woke them up for 45 seconds. I mean they definitely won't fall back asleep what with all the travelling and training they've been doing.

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Gordon

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Boyce Shankland McKay 

to be fair that could just as easily describe me...

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, kila said:

Heard the same for Avdijaj for the first leg and he was in the line up. Think we should take any news about their team with a pinch of salt.

Maybe,  but I don't think he travelled with them, left at home according to the article I read. 

Could be pish tho, like you say. 

upgotheheads
19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It was worth watching the full clip 😂 

No it wasn't. It just added a cringe moment to an already embarrassing incident for most Hearts fans. I hope the little 5h1t can be identified and banned by the club. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, upgotheheads said:

No it wasn't. It just added a cringe moment to an already embarrassing incident for most Hearts fans. I hope the little 5h1t can be identified and banned by the club. 

😂😂😂

AC Mallin_51

Oooh baby do you know what he’s worth?

Lawrence Shankland is the best on Earth

we’ve got Robbie Neilson, he knows what we need

He’s taking Gorgie to Europa League 

into them the night hearts 🇱🇻

upgotheheads
27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Gordon

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Boyce Shankland McKay 

That line-up would worry me. Sibbick in a back three with Atkinson in front of him cost us at least one goal and left us vulnerable several times in the first leg. 

Gordon

Smith     Sibbick    Rowles   Kingsley

Devlin   Grant    Cochrane 

McKay 

Forrest       Shankland     

With Boyce, Ginnelly, GMS and Atkinson on the bench there's plenty of attacking combinations to introduce as the game progresses.  

42 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That's a bit embarrassing,  to be honest.  I'd be absolutely raging if that was them doing it to us. 

It will happen to us when we are away, absolutely no doubt.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

That line up with Haring and Devlin and a back 3 is probably the most defensive we have for starting the game, Smith over Atkinson as well.

Only place for Smith currently is RB in a 4 or CB imo. Not sure he in shape for a WB role against Swiss champions looking to hit on counter.