***Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Geoff Kilpatrick

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yes REALLY.

You don't think that Gordon, Kingsley, McKay, Shankland and probably Smith are coming into the side on Thursday 🤣

I was posting in jest ... in reaction to all the forecasts pre-match of a 7 or 8 nil drubbing. Celtic are not as good nor are some of our second string players as bad as some think. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Fozzyonthefence

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Neilson confirms that only Halkett will be missing on Thursday. 

Really impressed with Kye Rowles, put Haring to CH with Smith RB, Kingsley LB and that's the defence sorted. 

Devlin and Grant in CM with McKay and Forrest wide. Gino/Boyce and Shankland up top. Europa league ,here we come. :jambobanana: 

And I seen nothing to be scared of in Scotland this season, so let's have a good go, once we qualify for the EL.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Not good news 

Again, I’m kind of worried about our fans. The positive is he is the only one POTENTIALLY out (if you bother to read his interview). We go into Thursday wanting to attack not defend as much, chin up

Decent performance all round Haliday, Haring, both Smith's, Stewart and Rowles were all good.

Sibbick played decent, a couple of brain farts sending off included(bit harsh I thought, many refs would have said final warning)

Atkinson played well on the whole against the best player in the league. I don't know why he follows a good tackle with a daft back heel or trying a nutmeg on  someone on in his own half.

Ginnley gets in the right places and makes all the wrong decisions.

Thought Cochrane was poor again.

Wasn't expecting anything today, far too big a step up for that side. A 'respectable' result that will soon be forgotten once we get back to the bread and butter business against rest of league (other than Rangers) who won't be able to live with us. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Really impressed with Kye Rowles, put Haring to CH with Smith RB, Kingsley LB and that's the defence sorted. 

Devlin and Grant in CM with McKay and Forrest wide. Gino/Boyce and Shankland up top. Europa league ,here we come. :jambobanana: 

And I seen nothing to be scared of in Scotland this season, so let's have a good go, once we qualify for the EL.

Would stick Michael smith at cb and persevere with Atkinson. 

buzzbomb1958
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Neilson confirms that only Halkett will be missing on Thursday. 

Sorry but we need some players in or any more injuries could be a fecking disaster 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

😭😭

Shocking but not surprising. It wasn't as if their fouls were any different.

Was great to see some guts from Hearts today. We never let our heads drop and there were periods when we took the game to Celtic and looked attractive.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That is good news as we all knew Halkett is out for a while. 

Did we?  I thought Neilson said it could be 5 days or 5 weeks.  Halkett missing is very bad news, make no mistake.  Our defence is poor without him. 

Never happy to lose a game but will say it’s nice to be able to take some positives from a game at parkhead for a change. Fringe boys did themselves proud & busted a gut for the team. Only downside result apart is the 2 red cards.

That was a full strength Celtic and I didn't once feel we were gonnae take a tanking. 

Maybe we should have went full strength and pumped them.  Robbie oot, Budge oot, Savage oot, Hearts Fans oot. (Well we do own us) :yadayada:

Edited by ri Alban

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Again, I’m kind of worried about our fans. The positive is he is the only one POTENTIALLY out (if you bother to read his interview). We go into Thursday wanting to attack not defend as much, chin up

Which I confess I didn’t 

yet another disgraceful display by match officials in Glasgow.
According to BBC, Hearts committed 12 fouls with five players booked and two eventually given red cards.

Celtic committed 11 fouls and no players were booked.

No point in complaining as even the Glasgow police are biased and a disgrace.

As I said in another thread. I think our squad depth is better than I thought it was at 3pm. The 11 that started worked their socks off. Haring bounced back from a very poor performance against Zurich. Halliday came in and done well. Stewart silenced a lot of critics,  me included. OK Cochrane was at fault for the 1st goal & nobody was marking when the ball came in,  but that aside we were in that game right up until the last 5mins. Our 2nd half performance should give us a lift for Thursday and any home games in the future against the OF. No reason we should fear anyone at home. I saw enough good things from Stewart, Atkinson & Sibbick to conclude they are not nearly as bad some folk make out on here. A lot to learn yet from the latter two obviously. Can't argue with the sendings off going by the letter of the law........... more annoyed at the one rule for us,  another for them attitude in the decisions. Where was Mcgregor's booking for hauling back Haring!  Bring on Thursday!!! 

Ps,  please please let there be one or two really decent signings in the pipeline,  this squad is not far away from the being the best I have seen at Tynie in many a year. 

52 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We need more honest professions officiating our games like coppers, lawyers and teachers.

Hope that was an attempt at humour ?

15 minutes ago, Imaman said:

The stats don’t lie that’s for sure however some of the first yellows were soft that we were given and should never have been given but if you shove [a Celtivc or Rangers player] in the back and already have a yellow then don’t be surprised if you get a second which then results on you getting sent off. That goes for grappling someone to the ground. 
oh the SFA are definitely corrupt which I’ve been saying for as long as I can remember. Nothing is ever going to change and if you dare to challenge them like Vlad did they come after you. 

Technically Clancy can justify his decisions and he was also following orders.  Not only stops the chance of Hearts getting a result but two players now suspended.  All contributes to the Uglies' Benefit Plan.

He'll get a gold star in his jotter for that display.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We should try to get Souttar on loan. That would be at least a good laugh for trying.

Halkett need company while Injured? 

40 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Funnily enough the biased commentators on Celtic TV thought that the ref gave Celtic nothing today, particularly offsides where they never get the benefit of the doubt in close decisions🤣

Ah but they were only marginally offside and shouldn’t count

Comedy central with that lot , eye opening delusion  

HeartsandonlyHearts
35 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Paranoid pish!  You need help!🤣🤣

Do you think the ref had a 

A. Good game

B. Fair game

C. An absolutely friggin’ nightmare

Try to be honest.

Ricardo Quaresma
20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

...Atkinson played well on the whole against the best player in the league...

What? That Wham! looking guy?

41 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Paranoid pish!  You need help!🤣🤣

So please explain how Hearts had 12 fouls, five players booked and then two red cards.

Celtic had 11 fouls but no bookings.

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So please explain how Hearts had 12 fouls, five players booked and then two red cards.

The Scottish referees are dishonest without a shadow of doubt 

buzzbomb1958
16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Scottish referees are dishonest without a shadow of doubt 

They don’t try to hide it because anyone says anything against them it’s a fine or worse one thing about Romanov called them out publicly for what they are corrupt to the core

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Do you think the ref had a 

A. Good game

B. Fair game

C. An absolutely friggin’ nightmare

Try to be honest.

I didn’t see the game.  I should, however, have highlighted the bit I was picking up on though which was the nonsense about referees being hand picked to stop us challenging the duopoly.  

We are absolutely zero threat to the duopoly and we’ll finish 20 odd or 30 odd points behind them as usual.  We haven’t even managed a shot on target in our last 2 games (210 minutes) against the OF, let alone look like challenging them for the league.  That’s got **** all to do with referees and everything to do with budgets and quality of players and managers they can sign compared to us. 

59 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Celebrating the fact you are an absolute slaver and being caught out big time. “Oh I fEaR 4 oR 5 hOpeFuLlY nO mOrE” bore off. Pathetic posts as per. We played well today and you can’t say otherwise. Considering how much Celtic paid individually for Jota (if basic maths is okay for you) will tell you about the obvious gulf. Of course I don’t want to lose, but against Celtic, at Celtic park, we played with purpose and intensity for much of the game. All you can ask. 

Losers will always find a comfort blanket in a smaller loss. Bless 🤣

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I didn’t see the game.  I should, however, have highlighted the bit I was picking up on though which was the nonsense about referees being hand picked to stop us challenging the duopoly.  

We are absolutely zero threat to the duopoly and we’ll finish 20 odd or 30 odd points behind them as usual.  We haven’t even managed a shot on target in our last 2 games (210 minutes) against the OF, let alone look like challenging them for the league.  That’s got **** all to do with referees and everything to do with budgets and quality of players and managers they can sign compared to us. 

You forgot to mention the two other factors behind the duopoly. Blatant bias by officials ( see my earlier post) and the income derived by the OF in not effectively condemning the sectarianism that brings them their huge crowds. It’s no surprise that the other Glasgow clubs who condemned sectarianism from the beginning either have gone bust or languish in the lower tiers of Scottish Football.

Neilson deserves great credit for boosting the confidence of some players who were getting pilloried 

Stewart Atkinson and Sibbick will have taken massive amounts of confidence from that match and their competitive performances away to the best team in our division

I feel less worried about them playing a part for us on Thursday of injury or tactics dictate that they must

Honestly though Robbie deserves a lot of credit for his man management and ability to develop players who are getting slaughtered

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think it's obvious that we should stick with the 4231, it suits us better. 

It absolutely does.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Sooks said:

Neilson deserves great credit for boosting the confidence of some players who were getting pilloried 

Stewart Atkinson and Sibbick will have taken massive amounts of confidence from that match and their competitive performances away to the best team in our division

I feel less worried about them playing a part for us on Thursday of injury or tactics dictate that they must

Honestly though Robbie deserves a lot of credit for his man management and ability to develop players who are getting slaughtered

good post 

Roasters will always look for a stick. You qualify.. .. meant to quote innerhibby 

Edited by db211833

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

You forgot to mention the two other factors behind the duopoly. Blatant bias by officials ( see my earlier post) and the income derived by the OF in not effectively condemning the sectarianism that brings them their huge crowds. It’s no surprise that the other Glasgow clubs who condemned sectarianism from the beginning either have gone bust or languish in the lower tiers of Scottish Football.

I agree about the sectarianism but the duopoly is nothing to do with shit or biased referring.  They’re so far ahead of everyone else they don’t need it - could affect who comes out on top over a season between Rangers or Celtic but has absolutely no bearing on some team 30 points behind them making a challenge.  

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree about the sectarianism but the duopoly is nothing to do with shit or biased referring.  They’re so far ahead of everyone else they don’t need it - could affect who comes out on top over a season between Rangers or Celtic but has absolutely no bearing on some team 30 points behind them making a challenge.  

So they have the advantage of having way more cash than everyone else so they might as well get the bulk of decisions from the ref as well, because it’ll make no difference? 

What the **** are you talking about?

RustyRightPeg

Who’s the guffy co commentator on sportscene rimming Celtic?

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Watt-Zeefuik
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really think Neilson played a blinder today. He has a number of players who were suffering from confidence or lack of playing time or stick from the fans. Turn them loose at Celtic Park and say, go have a free hit, play loose. They go out and play a robust match that, yes, ends in a defeat, but that almost all Hearts fans will recognize as a brave performance. They go back to the bench for Thursday but fully encouraged.

Meanwhile we lose at Parkhead but very easily could have managed a draw. 2 goals in the GD slot is nothing to wince at either.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Really think Neilson played a blinder today. He has a number of players who were suffering from confidence or lack of playing time or stick from the fans. Turn them loose at Celtic Park and say, go have a free hit, play loose. They go out and play a robust match that, yes, ends in a defeat, but that almost all Hearts fans will recognize as a brave performance. They go back to the bench for Thursday but fully encouraged.

Meanwhile we lose at Parkhead but very easily could have managed a draw. 2 goals in the GD slot is nothing to wince at either.

Agreed 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

You can’t look at everything in black and white like that.  That’s not how football works.  Some fouls are simply that - just fouls.  Some are yellow cards, some are red cards. I can’t comment on today as I didn’t see it but others have said they were technically red cards.  

Rangers had 2 reds yesterday - did the ref forget to read the script there?

I think it’s well known that Rangers and Celtic get to commit more fouls before picking up yellow cards.  My point was poo pooing the notion that the authorities appoint referees to favour the OF because of some fear of them being challenged by some little upstarts from the East coast.  Everyone knows there is no threat!

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So they have the advantage of having way more cash than everyone else so they might as well get the bulk of decisions from the ref as well, because it’ll make no difference? 

What the **** are you talking about?

In my opinion he’s talking absolute drivel that fails to address the blatant bias we faced today.

Don't get folk comparing number of fouls and cards. 

Very rarely are cards handed out for persistent fouling, most just come down to the severity of the challenge so the number of fouls are fairly irrelevant.