***Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Geoff Kilpatrick

south morocco
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There used to a pathologist from Edinburgh who was a refereembut his name escapes me.

Andrew Waddell

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Fozzyonthefence

8 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

Halliday was immense today. Definitely in with a shout surely. I'd give Gino the last 20 mins on Thursday. *Hopefully we've won it by then obviously.

:jambobanana:

14 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Decent performance, always felt Celtic had a few gears to go to if required, just wish the players had believed in themselves a little more.

2 suspensions now that could really have done without.

Both will miss the St Johnstone game and we would probably of rotated anyway 

Smith neilson Rowles King

should be enough hopefully 

Ricardo Quaresma

Really good physical exercise today; great for team building

Pity about the Red Cards; don't think we deserved 2

That could be troublesome for the 28th

Lonewolflins
1 minute ago, bigdav said:

Thought Hearts were decent against a multi million pound squad . Sibbick was very good today as was Atkinson , two young players that will only get better , and the jump on the bandwagon pish has to stop as it’s not doing us or the young players any favours at all . I apologise for slagging Neilson for the team selection today as he was correct and I was wrong . Ref was a fud

17 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

ah well. A positive to take aside from the performance, is we've got 1 visit to their cesspit out of the way

Probably a third after the split.

We played our best formation, took the game to them and didn’t get railed. 
With a full strength team who knows what could of happened today.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Newcastle v Man City currently being refereed by and Australian ref. Think this is something we should look into to be honest. Not just to eradicate bias accusations, but because our standard of refereeing is atrocious, as shown by at least 3 games yesterday. They need help, and the SFA should pay for that assistance.

It doesn't matter who the ref is or where he comes from.

If he doesn't fulfil his obligations then he doesn't get the gig.

Clancy will have been groomed into getting todays game, we're the only threat against the duopoly.

Clancy will have been hand picked for this game, make no mistake.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Halliday looked like he wont be fit by then but fingers crossed he is available as an option 

👍

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think we’ll manage st Johnstone ok. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sounds like we showed loads of character today and made them work,alongside the ref, to finally win the game. If only we could find that one special player that could swing close games at venues like this in our favour. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye, but I mean get Collina out of retirement or something… :lol:

Could get our very own John Rowbotham out of retirement to do his best fancy dress impression

5 minutes ago, One five said:

Only ones that would disagree would be the both OF fans…..Scottish  football is as corrupt as the mafia.

Funnily enough the biased commentators on Celtic TV thought that the ref gave Celtic nothing today, particularly offsides where they never get the benefit of the doubt in close decisions🤣

The linesman also gave a hearts player offside from a bye kick. 

we need to improve our set piece delivery. To not have one effort on goals from those corners is criminal. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We need to use foreign refs who have no bigoted or sectarian links to the two bigot twins 

That’s true.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I understand why you support St Pauli but Celtic are not St Pauli 

Well said.

I would add, and Hearts are not like any other team, with no creed or identity beyond being our team.

I support Hearts because my dad supported Hearts. Baffled that any child of a Hearts fan would do anything other.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Cochrane's first and Sibbick's second yellows were stick on's, not sure about the others, will need another look at them. 

Francis Albert

Observations.

Unchanged side for Thursday? Best we have done at Parkhead for a while.

At least we will have a neutral referee!

And if we had played our first team could we be joint top now?

Arthur Morgan

Proud of us today. Tbh if Ginnelly takes that chance in the 1st half (which he usually does) ,we were looking at a 1-1 draw at the very least. 

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Funnily enough the biased commentators on Celtic TV thought that the ref gave Celtic nothing today, particularly offsides where they never get the benefit of the doubt in close decisions🤣

He’s the one in a million mate.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Observations.

Not sure FA. Celtic ground that out today so I have the feeling if we had equalised they would have found another gear.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Observations.

:notsure:

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Genuinely interested in @Imaman s opinion on this post ……… I need to understand how people can get to this stage so I can avoid it happening to me when I am older 

Eh ?

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We need to use foreign refs who have no bigoted or sectarian links to the two bigot twins 

Which is why we will never have them!

Unless our refs are stupid enough to go on strike? So maybe a glimmer of hope there.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It doesn't matter who the ref is or where he comes from.

If he doesn't fulfil his obligations then he doesn't get the gig.

Clancy will have been groomed into getting todays game, we're the only threat against the duopoly.

Clancy will have been hand picked for this game, make no mistake.

Paranoid pish!  You need help!🤣🤣

Just now, Wilson said:

Are we happy with our back up goalie? TBF he didn't have much to do but I thought he was fine.

Think he was better than fine.

Boyces beard
19 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Football is a funny old game. The number of times over the years that I have seen Hearts go to Parkhead with a full strength side and not even lay a glove on Celtic.........well there's more of those occasions than I care to remember. Today we have gone through there with what was essentially a 'B team' and we have put in the best performance I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead in quite some time. We have lost 2-0 but I feel incredibly positive after watching that.

There were no failures in that team today. There were one or two players who could have done better but even they were fine. So many players performed well though. Natty Atkinson did really well up against Jota. Toby Sibbick and Kye Rowles both defended very well. Alex Cochrane got caught out for their first goal but he didn't let his head go down, he stuck in and did well after that. Peter Haring was solid. Andy Halliday was fantastic. The players in the forward areas were the ones who disappointed a bit. They all closed down and worked hard and did their jobs defensively but there was a lack of quality in the final third when we managed to get ourselves into positions where we could have hurt them. If I had one criticism of today's performance it would be that.

Watching that performance has made me feel pretty damn good about the squad of players that we have. All of those players gave 100% today and acquitted themselves well against a team that is more talented than ours and worth a hell of a lot more money than ours.

It's never nice to lose to Celtic but I think we can be pretty proud of the performance we put in today. Well done boys.

Top post

19 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Football is a funny old game. The number of times over the years that I have seen Hearts go to Parkhead with a full strength side and not even lay a glove on Celtic.........well there's more of those occasions than I care to remember. Today we have gone through there with what was essentially a 'B team' and we have put in the best performance I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead in quite some time. We have lost 2-0 but I feel incredibly positive after watching that.

There were no failures in that team today. There were one or two players who could have done better but even they were fine. So many players performed well though. Natty Atkinson did really well up against Jota. Toby Sibbick and Kye Rowles both defended very well. Alex Cochrane got caught out for their first goal but he didn't let his head go down, he stuck in and did well after that. Peter Haring was solid. Andy Halliday was fantastic. The players in the forward areas were the ones who disappointed a bit. They all closed down and worked hard and did their jobs defensively but there was a lack of quality in the final third when we managed to get ourselves into positions where we could have hurt them. If I had one criticism of today's performance it would be that.

Watching that performance has made me feel pretty damn good about the squad of players that we have. All of those players gave 100% today and acquitted themselves well against a team that is more talented than ours and worth a hell of a lot more money than ours.

It's never nice to lose to Celtic but I think we can be pretty proud of the performance we put in today. Well done boys.

👍spot on

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Proud of us today. Tbh if Ginnelly takes that chance in the 1st half (which he usually does) ,we were looking at a 1-1 draw at the very least. 

Don't you mean a 1-1 win, is that not how it works 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Really?

Yes REALLY.

You don't think that Gordon, Kingsley, McKay, Shankland and probably Smith are coming into the side on Thursday 🤣

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You can kinda see why Hibs fans view a 1-1 draw vs us as a great result tbf. It's like if we had got a 1-1 draw today, we would have been delighted. Hibs fans truly know their place 😏

25 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Great Post. Take a bow NIT

Pasquale for King

Decent performance today given the circumstances, soft sendings off but hopefully the two youngsters will learn their lesson. 
Well done Ross Stewart too, shut quite of us up 👍🏽👏🏾

Portable Badger

Gutted about the result.

Pleased by the performance and commitment 

Things still to work on so we really click as an attacking threat to the OF

and I’m not even going to mention the fecking cheat of a ref

well done Hearts

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Or a 2-2, or 5-5 apparently. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

@Imamanthoight our red cards were justified today and I wanted to know his opinion of you post which I totally agree with

The stats don’t lie that’s for sure however some of the first yellows were soft that we were given and should never have been given but if you shove someone in the back and already have a yellow then don’t be surprised if you get a second which then results on you getting sent off. That goes for grappling someone to the ground. 
oh the SFA are definitely corrupt which I’ve been saying for as long as I can remember. Nothing is ever going to change and if you dare to challenge them like Vlad did they come after you. 

47 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Shown up yet again, well in mate. SLAVER

Celebrating a loss I see. Nice touch 👌 

Our English and Australian players found out today just how corrupt our Scottish officials are.

Bet they can't believe that today was just the norm.

What a sad state Scottish football is in.

Corrupt to the core.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, innerjambo said:

Celebrating a loss I see. Nice touch 👌 

Celebrating the fact you are an absolute slaver and being caught out big time. “Oh I fEaR 4 oR 5 hOpeFuLlY nO mOrE” bore off. Pathetic posts as per. We played well today and you can’t say otherwise. Considering how much Celtic paid individually for Jota (if basic maths is okay for you) will tell you about the obvious gulf. Of course I don’t want to lose, but against Celtic, at Celtic park, we played with purpose and intensity for much of the game. All you can ask.