***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are not nearly as fit as we should be and have been like this for soem time.

Remember most of us thought Rangers playing in a Europa League Cup Final would 'tire them out'  They were superior athletes to us form the start and we chased their shadows huffing and puffing the entire game.

I fear zero points or 1 max on Sunday.

I still expect us to win on Sunday but you have a point about fitness. We were visibly struggling at the end of the match last week. Is this due to poor conditioning or is there a difference between playing competitive matches and friendlies and we will still be getting up to speed.

After the end of last season I'm not so sure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Remember most of us thought Rangers playing in a Europa League Cup Final would 'tire them out'  They were superior athletes to us form the start and we chased their shadows huffing and puffing the entire game.

Firstly, the Rangers game half our team were not fully fit so that was a leveller to there game on Wednesday. Plus there players are far superior to us.

Secondly, my point was that people seem to think them getting scudded 7-0 in the heat on Thursday will somehow benefit them. This Dundee United team really aren’t very good, they are defensively poor, the goalie looks poor, they have no bite in the midfield and although Watt and Fletcher are good players they do not have goals in them. We are superior to them regardless of the game in Europe, and with that European hammering on top of our superiority there’s no reason we should not be confident. I don’t think it will be easy but think we will win, and probably relatively comfortably. 

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Firstly, the Rangers game half our team were not fully fit so that was a leveller to there game on Wednesday. Plus there players are far superior to us.

Secondly, my point was that people seem to think them getting scudded 7-0 in the heat on Thursday will somehow benefit them. This Dundee United team really aren’t very good, they are defensively poor, the goalie looks poor, they have no bite in the midfield and although Watt and Fletcher are good players they do not have goals in them. We are superior to them regardless of the game in Europe, and with that European hammering on top of our superiority there’s no reason we should not be confident. I don’t think it will be easy but think we will win, and probably relatively comfortably. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Rangers are far superior to Dundee Utd technically and athletically, this game is at Tynecastle and we have fresh legs. I expect some sort of reaction, but I would expect the same off of Hearts following last weeks game, really dont get the tiredness thing at all, traditional cavalry charge you get in a derby or cup tie, quite normal and nothing to do with fitness levels I'm sure. 

upgotheheads
38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They are superior athletes to us which is why they are playing for a bigger team and might well be in the Champions League this season. To compare a game against Dundee United at Tynecastle with a game against Europa League finalists at Hampden for the Scottish Cup is frankly absurd, and to imply that Dundee United are a fitter or better team than Hearts on the basis of your evidence is even dafter,  but that doesn't mean that we can't lose or draw with Dundee United, even on the basis of what we saw from Dundee United last night. I'm not a betting man but if you are then no doubt you'll be putting your shirt on Dundee United, you'll get at least three to one the win I'm guessing. 

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

From the highlights of the goals I watched last night, their goalie looks horrific!!  😆😆

2 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Guys, apologies for this being well off topic but I didn't think it merited one on its  own.

Just back from holiday and got my e-ticket for the Zurich game.

Tried to do the same for the Killie game but message on line read "This event is no longer on sale through the ticketing site or has been sold out"!  And the ticket office never answers the phone.

Any help on how to get a ticket for this game other than going to Tynie?

Thanks.

I think there should be an option in the account option which you would have had to click to get your ticket for Zurich at home. In there it should say reserved tickets, you should be able to get a killie ticket in there

The Treasurer
49 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

From the highlights of the goals I watched last night, their goalie looks horrific!!  😆😆

You just know he'll be MoM on Sunday. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not fit enough, Compared to who? 

Conparing rangers to Dundee Utd. 

End of season game to the 3rd league game. 

Playing in Glasgow v Tynecastle . 

You have to put more effort into your posts, maybe you aren't as match fit as you need to be-lazy post all round. 

Also, Don't be scared, it's only football. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Kingsley and Devlin back in the side hopefully. 

Early goal and they will crumble.

2-0 Shankland brace.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Side note but just watched the pre-match press stuff - Haring's accent is superb 😄

Anyway, should win this. 2-0 is the shout. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

17-0   5 Shankland hattricks and a Boycie double.

At last, a positive, sensible post.  

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

At last, a positive, sensible post.  

Well, if AZ can put 7 past them,  we can do better. 👍:)

Edited by ri Alban

Arthur Morgan
On 11/08/2022 at 00:50, The Black Prince said:

Just as Hearts signed Rowles, DU signed Birighitti (GK) from my club Central Coast. We were gutted to lose both of them but understand they want to test themselves in Europe. Birraz is a fringe NT player and will be busting a gut to make the World Cup squad. He won't make it easy for any opponent they play.

Still, I'd expect Hearts to go home with the chocolates. Might be close though if Birraz is on his game.

He was absolutely awful last night 😅

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You just know he'll be MoM on Sunday. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's the Hearts curse!! 😏

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

17-0   5 Shankland hattricks and a Boycie double.

Having watched Utd on Thursday..... 

What about the second half? 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm normally skeptical of the "get intae them from the off!" chat because I don't think it matters that much, but this will be a team with a severely bruised ego and a bit of tired legs about them. An early goal or two and I seriously doubt they'll have the fight to get much back into it.

United don't have the numbers to do an all-change the way Rangers did in the final.

I'll go for 2-0 but wouldn't shocked at 1-1 or at 5-0.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Another Robbo said:

After we bet Cowdenbeath 10-0 they had Rangers at home next week and shut up shop for a 0-0. Think it will be similar here with United determined not to let us score even if it means a draw. Still think we will win but it might not be as easy as some think.

Good shout

utd are 19/4 with McBookie

Ricardo Quaresma

AZ put on an absolute masterclass; relentless attacking, slick passing, 1st time shooting, replaced 5 players, guessing most, if not all were attackers

They also made a point of shooting when defenders were obscuring the keeper's view

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I still expect us to win on Sunday but you have a point about fitness. We were visibly struggling at the end of the match last week. Is this due to poor conditioning or is there a difference between playing competitive matches and friendlies and we will still be getting up to speed.

After the end of last season I'm not so sure.

I think it’s a fair point to suggest the difference between friendlies and competitive matches can take its toll near the end of early season fixtures. I8’s point about the cup final I don’t really agree with though (or at least not as a comparison to the game this Sunday). Rangers beat us by bringing on fresh legs off the bench. Simple as that. 

5 hours ago, Gregski51 said:

We rarely gub anybody. Utd will be hurting and I expect a much more compact Utd team to visit us on Sunday. 

That being said, still expect us to win. 2-0 

Ross isn’t the best man motivator imo. When the wheels come off they rarely go back on again where he’s concerned. 

Just don’t think United have the personnel to shut up shop. They have no Butcher type in midfield. He may go to 5 at the back but think either approach will be costly for United. 

I think we'll see a very different UTD and it will be 1 - 1 draw unless Gino plays then we'll win by 2 goals.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

I think we'll see a very different UTD and it will be 1 - 1 draw unless Gino plays then we'll win by 2 goals.

Aye aye very good Gino.......

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Oh That’s not good 

It is good. 

We need rain, think bigger than football. 

Without rain - no water-no life- no football. 

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Mom tomorrow 🤣

Pasquale for King

Let’s get at them early and take our chances, they will be down being out of Europe after that humiliation. 
It would be nice to beat a Jack Ross team obviously. 

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, kila said:

Potential for thunderstorms on Sunday 👀

Better play Gino then he’s lightning 🌩 🤔?!?!

23 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I think there should be an option in the account option which you would have had to click to get your ticket for Zurich at home. In there it should say reserved tickets, you should be able to get a killie ticket in there

Thanks, it worked.

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s get at them early and take our chances, they will be down being out of Europe after that humiliation. 
It would be nice to beat a Jack Ross team obviously. 

Taking our chances is what it will be all about. WE don't want a situation like Sunday when not taking our chances cost us 3 points.

And we must stop conceding in the last five minutes of games.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Taking our chances is what it will be all about. WE don't want a situation like Sunday when not taking our chances cost us 3 points.

And we must stop conceding in the last five minutes of games.

Definitely 

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Great chance to take an early grip of 3rd. Hopefully we're on it from the off.

... or 2nd if Killie work a minor miracle.

42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

3-1 Hearts.

Praying for a Shankland goal too as the only remaining part of my accumulator 

Would love Shankland to score against them. I hope they give him shit so he wants to shut them up. Hope they dont applaud him etc.

Then we can have another rendition of Robbie Neilson, he left 'cause you're shite 🎶 or replace it with Lawrence Shankland.

Let's hope Robbie has learnt from last week's caution to the wind  starting line up and we get back to our three at the back, two full backs, two holding midfielders, 2 inverted wingers and a lone striker tomorrow. The staple Tynecastle fair at least then we'll know where we are. It was the hope that killed us last week.

It will be interesting to see the starting XI. With Kingsley being back then the only way that Rowles plays would be a back 3 or Cochrane gets dropped and we play a back 4. 

I will go for ;

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Rowles

Kingsley

Grant

Haring

Forrest

Boyce

McKay

Shankland

No Idle Talk
On 12/08/2022 at 08:47, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

img_1_1660290327766.jpg

Disappointed to see those Tangerine Y fronts. I always imagined her in some black lacies. 

8 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

It will be interesting to see the starting XI. With Kingsley being back then the only way that Rowles plays would be a back 3 or Cochrane gets dropped and we play a back 4. 

I will go for ;

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Rowles

Kingsley

Grant

Haring

Forrest

Boyce

McKay

Shankland

I missed that about Kingsley.  Great news.

Sticking to 4-0.