***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Back on track next time? I'm going 2-1 to us, a similar match to Ross County against a tougher team, Shankland to score against his ex club. Can't wait for it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

KyleLafferty

They’ll be running about on Thursday night in Holland. They also don’t have a big squad and looks like they struggled with livi going by the result. If we start fast and get an early goal I think we’ll be comfortable.

The 5-2 classic from last season would suit me fine.  Coming back from a tough night in Holland should be in our favour.

2-0 at half time then let's see what happens.

They got stuck in v AZ and got a brilliant result as a reward. Draw with Killie and a loss to livi suggest everyone is overrating them though. 

Especially since they are coming off the back of a difficult Euro tie I think we win this one comfortably. 2-0 Hearts.

Gives us an advantage them playing away on Thursday night while we have a week to prepare and be fresh. We have to go after them early on Sunday. The players will be spewing as much as us after yesterday and will want this game to come around as quickly as possible. Hopefully we take our chances this week and bury them. I'm going for 3-1 Hearts. 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Good time to be playing them with their qualifier a few days before. 

2-0 Hearts.

On the flip side, will it be a good time for Celtic to play us after we return  from Switzerland?..........only joking.🙂

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Lido said:

On the flip side, will it be a good time for Celtic to play us after we return  from Switzerland?..........only joking.🙂

Only if we win. 

Another hard game despite what anybody types on here.Kind of expecting the same kind of game as the last two largely stuffy and crap but we will create a few lovely opportunities that hopefully we take.

2-1

7 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

They’ll be running about on Thursday night in Holland. They also don’t have a big squad and looks like they struggled with livi going by the result. If we start fast and get an early goal I think we’ll be comfortable.

Livi do what they always do and that was worked hard chasing down and not shirking any 50- 50's. They did it for the whole game which I am not sure we can. We don't have enough players with the legs to do it.

MR INCREDIBLE
22 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Couple of early goals and rest the big guns for the trip the following week. 

Nice early pressure
Early goal 👍🇱🇻
Bring on 5 defenders and hope to hang on 👍🇱🇻👍

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Nice early pressure
Early goal 👍🇱🇻
Bring on 5 defenders and hope to hang on 👍🇱🇻👍

:lol: dinnae.

Ross does the same. 1-0 correct score either way could be value. 

ToadKiller Dog

3-0 ,they will be knackered after chasing shadows in a hot sticky evening in Holland .

If we can't hamner them after that then we don't deserve anything .

9 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

This, I think they will be tired. Probably light training on Saturday morning? And watch videos of us, then travel to Edinburgh sunday too.

We should be looking to score a couple early, hit them fast.

Their minds rightfully will be elsewhere during the week. Think we’ll win fairly comfortably.

2-0, Shankland & Halkett from a corner

4-2 Hearts, Shankland 2, Boyce 1, Forrest 1

Shankland 

McKay      Boyce      Forrest

Haring  Devlin

Cochrane Rowles Halkett Atkinson 

Gordon©

Fancy a convincing win. Our squad has the balls to bounce back from a disappointing derby result.

Was about to post same line up as Cruyff did. be a real boost if Kingsley made it though.

3-0 Boyce, Shankland and Forrest. 

KyleLafferty

Any sort of win. Sundays result is done now and that’s it, it’s history. Squad don’t need to make up for anything.

Rocky jamboa
12 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

We said the same about rangers before the cup final and we know what happened there!

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

We said the same about rangers before the cup final and we know what happened there!

Not got the same squad depth as rangers though. It was the quality off the bench that ****ed us in the end. 

Jambof3tornado

Do teams ever look jaded against us even if we've had 4 or 5 extra days prep?

Tough match but a home win methinks.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

4-2 Hearts, Shankland 2, Boyce 1, Forrest 1

Shankland 

McKay      Boyce      Forrest

Haring  Devlin

Cochrane Rowles Halkett Atkinson 

Gordon©

Line up I would go for as well . Being bold with a 3-0 , with everyone  back on the happy train

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Plenty of entertainment in last season's 4 matches, I cant imagine United will simply sit in with one point on the board.

Looking forward to a good game and another step up on performance 

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Not quite the same 😂🤣 Rangers squad depth is incredible. 

Mr Elwood P
14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

They are a far better team than Hibs. It will be a tough game but one I’m expecting to win at home. 
2-0

They've taken 1 point from games against Kilmarnock and Livingston. If that was us this place would be going thermonuclear...

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Not quite the same 😂🤣 Rangers squad depth is incredible. 

Exactly, squad depth, having players who were used to the demands, better fitness coaches/sports scientists etc. Dundee United players will not be used to this, especially with a heatwave and a late kick off in Holland. However I know we faced Aberdeen in the same situation last season and only drew 1-1, but we are a much better team now. Fancy a comfortable-ish afternoon. 

33 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Shankland is a nap to score. 

I would have put a bet on it but lately my bets have been pants so I’ll give it a miss 🥴

35 minutes ago, fila said:

Line up I would go for as well . Being bold with a 3-0 , with everyone  back on the happy train

I'd say both teams to score is a nap tbh.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd say both teams to score is a nap tbh.

Fletcher or Mulgrew will score going 3-1 Hearts 

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They've taken 1 point from games against Kilmarnock and Livingston. If that was us this place would be going thermonuclear...

true but still better than hibs.  European distraction didn’t help plus remember hibs got a last minute goal v 10 men at Johnstone and a last minute goal v us.  Goals all the same I guess.

All roads lead to Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Shankland is a nap to score. 

Tony Watt is a nap to score as well. I'll go for 3-1 with Shankland, Forrest and Boyce the scorers.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

true but still better than hibs.  European distraction didn’t help plus remember hibs got a last minute goal v 10 men at Johnstone and a last minute goal v us.  Goals all the same I guess.

4 points not more than 1? Agree that Dundee United have the far better squad though they haven't performed well in the Premiership so far ...

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

3-0 ,they will be knackered after chasing shadows in a hot sticky evening in Holland .

If we can't hamner them after that then we don't deserve anything .

Aye, and they have to play football there as well. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tony Watt is a nap to score as well. I'll go for 3-1 with Shankland, Forrest and Boyce the scorers.

Obviously not against us, but I'm happy seeing Watt doing ok for himself. I always thought he was a bawhair away from going on a run at Hearts but it just never happened for him. Good to see he's found himself as a player.