***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

35 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Looking at stats only - he had a superb game and was motm- I can’t make that judgement as I didn’t see the game 

34 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Lost the ball so much he got the opportunity to win it back.

I thought he had a good game. Won the ball plenty, great assist. He's not 100% yet though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There wasn't much crowd noise on the stream i was watching, just two thoroughly dejected loons. 

Well, blow me! Someone's just posted a wee nutmeg clip on the Tony Watt v Jack Ross thread.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

So if you watched it, you'd know that Rowles has been the stand out centre back for the last two seasons and Birraz (in the same team) has been the stand out keeper and on the edge of the NT.

I suspected DUtd was a bad choice for Birraz, and so it's proving to look with their non-existent defensive structure - his confidence looks shot. Rowles, on the other hand, has joined the perfect club for his development. Will look better and better over the course of the season and will certainly get to strut his stuff at the World Cup. One of the first picked for the NT after his performance against Peru.

Tbf,  the keeper has made mistakes that have little to do with the defence. 

Easy cross balls and tame shots all causing him bother. 

Even his  better saves are a bit suspect. 

Utd will miss the keeper that joined celtic,  I called it it the start of the season despite their attacking signings they have made,  losing their keeper has hurt them. 

If Utd passed on Clarke they will be kicking themselves. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, WageThief said:

Now that I see the still I realise he gave the penalty for Halkett's silly dancing

Silly? 

That's a a quality dance move 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How the f#@k did i miss the nutmeg?! 😤😡

There you go, choo choo. 

Dick Dastardly
51 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, blow me! Someone's just posted a wee nutmeg clip on the Tony Watt v Jack Ross thread.

👍🏻 👍🏻 👍🏻 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Looking at stats only - he had a superb game and was motm- I can’t make that judgement as I didn’t see the game 

MotM is a bit too far as he made some bad passes that just looked like rust. But he was very good. The work he does in the middle of the park to disrupt the opposition build up, regain possession, and turn the opposition on their heels is game-altering stuff.

section s heart
11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

MotM is a bit too far as he made some bad passes that just looked like rust. But he was very good. The work he does in the middle of the park to disrupt the opposition build up, regain possession, and turn the opposition on their heels is game-altering stuff.

Agreed, and iirc Cammy hasn't played a full competitive game since the DU game up there where we got all the injuries? Thought he made a difference and won balls that looked unlikely. But as you say a few passes didn't hit the target. 

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Agreed, and iirc Cammy hasn't played a full competitive game since the DU game up there where we got all the injuries? Thought he made a difference and won balls that looked unlikely. But as you say a few passes didn't hit the target. 

Yes, and in a few bad instances kicked it straight to a United man. Again, rust and all that. Positives far outweighed the negatives though.

17 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Goodness, a good quarter of the posts on this thread are folks I have on ignore, and another quarter of them are people quoting the folks I have on ignore.

Anyway . . .

Beni is better than Devlin but that's not what I mean. I love Cammy's commitment and style. He's not one of our top five best players but he makes the everyone on the team better every time he's on from his energy and his graft. I just love the guy.

It’s a compliment to the team nothing against devlin who is a great wee player. 
I should have described it better but couldn’t be bothered. We have a very tidy team coming together and the first number 9 in a while who is going to be the dogs bollocks 

My midfield 2 would  be dev and Beni if I had to choose but we have plenty options now. 

Drew Wallace

I was in the main and looked about and there was empty seat as you can even see on the highlights but significant not imo 

The Black Prince
17 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf,  the keeper has made mistakes that have little to do with the defence. 

Easy cross balls and tame shots all causing him bother. 

Even his  better saves are a bit suspect. 

Utd will miss the keeper that joined celtic,  I called it it the start of the season despite their attacking signings they have made,  losing their keeper has hurt them. 

If Utd passed on Clarke they will be kicking themselves. 

That's because he's jittery as all **** having joined a new club in a new country and having to adjust to a different game in a critically important position.

Keeping is all about confidence and timing (I've been a keeper coach for decades) and as soon as you lose one you lose the other, leading to poor decision making and dodgy technique.

Compare him to Kye Rowles who has walked into a better team, with better structures around him, and hasn't had his confidence smashed by having to play against a strong and desperate Dutch side at home with absolutely no protection from his team mates. (TBF, Kye's confidence would have been sky high after the WCQ against Peru.) KR will go from strength to strength and I confidently predict will be regarded as the best CB in Scotland by the end of the season. He went to the right club.

Birraz is a great keeper, but I reckon he's gone to the wrong club.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

That's because he's jittery as all **** having joined a new club in a new country and having to adjust to a different game in a critically important position.

Keeping is all about confidence and timing (I've been a keeper coach for decades) and as soon as you lose one you lose the other, leading to poor decision making and dodgy technique.

Compare him to Kye Rowles who has walked into a better team, with better structures around him, and hasn't had his confidence smashed by having to play against a strong and desperate Dutch side at home with absolutely no protection from his team mates. (TBF, Kye's confidence would have been sky high after the WCQ against Peru.) KR will go from strength to strength and I confidently predict will be regarded as the best CB in Scotland by the end of the season. He went to the right club.

Birraz is a great keeper, but I reckon he's gone to the wrong club.

Fair doos. 

A great keeper is some claim tho. 

Time will tell. 

Looks average at our level so far. 

Hope you're also right about Rowles. 

The Black Prince
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair doos. 

A great keeper is some claim tho. 

Time will tell. 

Looks average at our level so far. 

Hope you're also right about Rowles. 

It's the weird thing about the Australian game.

We create brilliant keepers (Filan, Bosnich, Schwarzer, Kalac, Ryan, Langerak, Vukovic, Redmayne et al)...

Very good defenders (too many to mention, but Rowles is up there with the best IMO)

Not bad midfielders, but very few strikers. We're very defense heavy in quality terms but keepers we can certainly do. Birraz is fighting on the edge of the Oz NT to make the WC squad and after his last two seasons would have been a strong chance. 

I reckon he's all but wrecked his chances by going to DUtd unless he gets his confidence back against some of teh lesser SPL teams and has an impact on their defensive structures.

As for KR - no doubts. I picked him out as a future star when he was captain of the Joeys at the U17 World Cup in Chile. Had an outstanding tournament and has improved out of sight as he's grown into the full professional game.

The OF teams aside, there's not much difference between the SPL and the A League (in my opinion as a person who's watched a lot of both). The main difference is the pace of the SPL due to the fact that the AL is played in summer. Takes Oz players a few weeks to adjust and if they lose their confidence in that time it can take much longer (eg Nat Atkinson).

Rowles will get better and better, go to the World Cup, and come back to Scotland as a major star.

upgotheheads
21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

a few hundred at most. And all of them in ST seats.  Folk are on holiday etc. 

i don’t make every game most season 60/70% at best

I'm in the same position, especially for weekday games. I didn't see the official attendance but I'm guessing close to 18K. At this time of year there will be hundreds of people on Holiday, quite a few at weddings etc and on Sundays especially pre-arranged family events, Also a few unfortunate people who are ill.

Fxxx the SPFL
20 hours ago, Masonic said:

ginelly done me out my shankland 3-1 scorecast

are you the geezer that sits next to me in the Main Stand if not the lad next to me had exact same bet and couldn't cash out

Arthur Morgan
11 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Hearts highlights …….

Cammy at the end (2:51) with Edwards 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Arthur Morgan

On 16/08/2022 at 13:37, **** the SPFL said:

are you the geezer that sits next to me in the Main Stand if not the lad next to me had exact same bet and couldn't cash out

it is me mate hahaha still spewing

FarmerTweedy
On 14/08/2022 at 23:50, chrisyboy7 said:

this is now all about celtic....thread is fked

Every thread Bongo has ever posted on has instantly transformed to that state!

On 15/08/2022 at 10:55, Ruuuudy said:

Fuks sake did we lose or knock in 4

Some people smelled blood when Hibs beat us 1 - 1 and thought this was their chance to get the campaign rolling ………… the result on Sunday has left them disappointed and struggling to work in the points they had prepared 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 hours ago, Masonic said:

it is me mate hahaha still spewing

bit of a bummer, anyway at least i can't recall having any keyboard aggro with you lol

6 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

bit of a bummer, anyway at least i can't recall having any keyboard aggro with you lol

😆 u in same seats for zurich game at tynie? 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Masonic said:

😆 u in same seats for zurich game at tynie? 

yep heading down to Tynie arms tonight to watch the first leg

On 15/08/2022 at 16:04, wavydavy said:

I know, he had a bit of a mare and even Mcinnes said he could have saved at least one.

Who? McInness could have save one?:whistling: