• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Jambo 4 Ever the optimist

Just a realist 

I said we would draw v Hibs and was right too 

Bazzas right boot

We dished out medicine to this lot last season and it's time to continue that. 

They can then march for points to try and catch us. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wow.

Can't argue with that logic. 

I called a draw v hibs but we'll beat Utd. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Tough opponent who we had the upper hand on last season but they have strengthened .

We are the home team and we have very good creative players like McKay and Forrest and players who can hit the net in Shankland and Boyce .

A narrow Hearts win 2-1 is my bet 

Not convinced they've strengthened that much. 

They lost their keeper and that animal Butcher along with Neilson. 

Fletcher should  add something tho. 

Still to be convinced of this Utd team and their supposed new threat they pose. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not convinced they've strengthened that much. 

They lost their keeper and that animal Butcher along with Neilson. 

Fletcher should  add something tho. 

Still to be convinced of this Utd team and their supposed new threat they pose. 

McGrath, Sibbald, Levitt and Middleton were inspired signings that more than make up for the loss of Siegrist and Neilson. No question they have strengthened. The only question is, are they good enough to beat us. The answer is no. We’ll win 3-1 IMO

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

McGrath, Sibbald, Levitt and Middleton were inspired signings that more than make up for the loss of Siegrist and Neilson. No question they have strengthened. The only question is, are they good enough to beat us. The answer is no. We’ll win 3-1 IMO

I don't think anyone was worried about Glen Middleton when he was at Hibs and St Johnstone so I don't know why we care now. Same could be said for sibbald and McGrath. Levitt I could give you but he was there last season and we didn't care then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd like to see us play in the first half for a change. Much been made of the finish of the game on Sunday, I'd be more concerned about the starts, and for some time. We always grow through a match, like to see us start one

If United try and come at us then we will exploit the gaps and win easily.

if they have any sense they will defend deep and try to hit us on the break or from a set piece.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think anyone was worried about Glen Middleton when he was at Hibs and St Johnstone so I don't know why we care now. Same could be said for sibbald and McGrath. Levitt I could give you but he was there last season and we didn't care then.

Yep, won’t be shitting the bed for this Utd team. 
3-0 Hearts, Shankland, Boyce and Cochrane. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Levitt was there last season. 

McGrath I'll give you. The others - meh. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sibbald was very impressive against us last season and Middleton, arguably, has been under performing in a very poor St Johnstone team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DU in 4th this season.

....still not even close to the JT's tho'

50 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Sibbald was very impressive against us last season and Middleton, arguably, has been under performing in a very poor St Johnstone team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DU in 4th this season.

....still not even close to the JT's tho'

Sibbald played a total of 63 minutes of the 4 games against us last season and only started one game after the turn of the year.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just a realist 

Lol come on it was hardly a surprise really . 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Lol come on it was hardly a surprise really . 

Yeh but got moaned at by the usual keyboard warriors on here when i suggested we would draw 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeh but got moaned at by the usual keyboard warriors on here when i suggested we would draw 

I know . I thought it would be a draw but didn’t say it out loud 😎

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just a realist 

Incredible 

Any chance of using your great gift and sharing this weeks lottery numbers 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not so sure.  I think Dutd have made good signings this summer.  Not overly fussed we missed any of them, but they're all decent players and players who could have more in them, such as Middleton.  Unpopular and to be seen if he'll do the business over a season but even Fletcher will lead the line well for them on more than a few occasions this season.

We should still be beating them, but their business has been good and I expect them in and around 4-6 again but perhaps improve on their points total from last season.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Not so sure.  I think Dutd have made good signings this summer.  Not overly fussed we missed any of them, but they're all decent players and players who could have more in them, such as Middleton.  Unpopular and to be seen if he'll do the business over a season but even Fletcher will lead the line well for them on more than a few occasions this season.

We should still be beating them, but their business has been good and I expect them in and around 4-6 again but perhaps improve on their points total from last season.

Mmmm...I think Utd's midfield is the team's strongest area. Both Levitt and McGrath are good signings. Not so sure about up front, though. If they are depending on Watt and Fletcher for goals they might be struggling. I don't think either of them will be troubling the goal scorer of the year charts. Plus, they seem a wee bit reliant on Mulgrew at the back. Given his age that might be a gamble. They could make top six, but I don't see them being anywhere near third.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Mmmm...I think Utd's midfield is the team's strongest area. Both Levitt and McGrath are good signings. Not so sure about up front, though. If they are depending on Watt and Fletcher for goals they might be struggling. I don't think either of them will be troubling the goal scorer of the year charts. Plus, they seem a wee bit reliant on Mulgrew at the back. Given his age that might be a gamble. They could make top six, but I don't see them being anywhere near third.

One of my least favourite ****s, **** Steven Fletcher

Screenshot_20220810-150820.thumb.png.927c9ffc82e896d008305f9cc1b30f15.png

Edited by Smithee

12 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Aye I know nothing of their defence tbf.  I think that's a goalscoring midfield, so I guess the plan may be Fletcher to be a focal point and play off him as much as have him be a 15 goal guy.  Runners from wide and midfield I suppose which Watt, McGrath, Levitt and Middleton are all types to do.  Anyhoo, don't really give a shit!  haha!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Maybe 

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aye I know nothing of their defence tbf.  I think that's a goalscoring midfield, so I guess the plan may be Fletcher to be a focal point and play off him as much as have him be a 15 goal guy.  Runners from wide and midfield I suppose which Watt, McGrath, Levitt and Middleton are all types to do.  Anyhoo, don't really give a shit!  haha!

Hear, hear!

Approach the game in the right attitude, don't underestimate no opponent. 

Play a back 4, work rate 100% from the first to the final whistle, no standing off inviting teams onto us. 

Any indication player's aren't putting 100% in get them hooked and off, we don't have time for passengers, Step the game up boys. 

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I was speaking to my Dundee United mate at length yesterday and he virtually echoed every word of that.

He is obviously nervous about their next two fixtures but where there's life there's hope.

4-0 Hearts.

The Black Prince

Just as Hearts signed Rowles, DU signed Birighitti (GK) from my club Central Coast. We were gutted to lose both of them but understand they want to test themselves in Europe. Birraz is a fringe NT player and will be busting a gut to make the World Cup squad. He won't make it easy for any opponent they play.

Still, I'd expect Hearts to go home with the chocolates. Might be close though if Birraz is on his game.

Did they not just lose pretty tamely to Livvy ? I’d have them in the cluster of also ran teams myself 

They’re not great. They have a game and travelling tomorrow. We’re at home. I’m expecting a comfortable win, perhaps more than comfortable. Certainly has to be a win or you can mark us down as having a somewhat sloppy start to the season.

Edited by JimmyCant

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Possibly a bit generous?

His last 2 seasons (20/21 & 21/22) = 12 goals in 82 appearances.

Screenshot_20220811-040709_Chrome.jpg

As for seasons 13/14 & 14/15, it was 8 goals in 60 appearances.

Screenshot_20220811-040038_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

21 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Other than Levott who was there last season, to call the rest inspired is a bit much. Wouldn’t take any of those 3 at Hearts. 

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Possibly a bit generous?

His last 2 seasons (20/21 & 21/22) = 12 goals in 82 appearances.

Screenshot_20220811-040709_Chrome.jpg

As for seasons 13/14 & 14/15, it was 8 goals in 60 appearances.

Screenshot_20220811-040038_Chrome.jpg

Think you misread me mate, i said dont think theyll be expecting lots of goals from him, more a focal point to play off and goals from around the team

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Think you misread me mate, i said dont think theyll be expecting lots of goals from him, more a focal point to play off and goals from around the team

Aha, gotcha👍

We played an attacking 4.2.3.1 away from home. I expect nothing less at Tynie. Same formation please and let's see if we can put them on the back foot early, taking our chances this time. Players need time to gel & get used to playing with each other. Assuming Kingsley is not ready yet, the only possible change I would make could be Neilson in for Smith. He will be well up for it against his former team. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Losing that last minute goal means anything other than a win would see us down on our points tally from the respective games last season. 3 points please

Fancy us to edge this,

I think it's important that we continue our momentum after dropping 2 points in the derby.

Going to go with a solid 2-0 win for the Jambos.

Would go with the following if Kingsley is still out, 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Grant 

Forrest Boyce McKay

Shankland

Edited by gregzy2k7

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Other than Levott who was there last season, to call the rest inspired is a bit much. Wouldn’t take any of those 3 at Hearts. 

Inspired in the sense that all 4 DU signings have significantly improved their squad. But, as I said, still not lifting them up close to us.

That said, McGrath is a very good player and would’ve strengthened our squad had we signed him IMO. Levitt obviously would have too.

Middleton will, I think, be very effective in a better team and debatable if he would’ve strengthened our bench. I’d swap him for GMS but that’s about it. 

Sibbald a good signing for them but we have far better 

I think they deffo look stronger on paper than last season but we should have a lot more creativity now than last season plus a guy that we know is going to put away chances at the pointy end.

Their best player is Levitt, a cracking signing no doubt but they had him in there last season & we picked up 10/12 points v them. Ross is a good appointment & will have them more defensively solid but I think at home, with them having a massive, massive tie that could be a game changer for them a couple of days prior we'll be comfortable.

3-1 Hearts, Shankland to score plus a Jorge Grant double - Mulgrew getting theirs from a set piece.

13 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Dundee hibs should be very tired, 2-0 Hearts, 

I seem to recall we were all positive rangers would be very tired following their European defeat late on a Thursday night last season when we played them in the cup final only 2 days later on the Saturday. Looked like it was us who were playing in Europe that week. 

I hope you're right but I wouldn't count on this. Fairly soon it will be Hearts who will be playing twice a week too.

Edit: Anyway, Hearts to win 3-2

Edited by Pans Jambo

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I seem to recall we were all positive rangers would be very tired following their European defeat late on a Thursday night last season when we played them in the cup final only 2 days later on the Saturday. Looked like it was us who were playing in Europe that week. 

I hope you're right but I wouldn't count on this. Fairly soon it will be Hearts who will be playing twice a week too.

Edit: Anyway, Hearts to win 3-2

Can't compare United to Rangers the latter had/have a huge squad. United's is far smaller and has less quality so anything less than a Hearts win will be very disappointing.

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Can't compare United to Rangers the latter had/have a huge squad. United's is far smaller and has less quality so anything less than a Hearts win will be very disappointing.

plus half our team were struggling with injuries and lack of game time prior to the final

Watching the highlights at the weekend, and the young Ghanain laddie Cudjoe looks a bit of a player. Will need to keep and eye on him if he plays!

4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Watching the highlights at the weekend, and the young Ghanain laddie Cudjoe looks a bit of a player. Will need to keep and eye on him if he plays!

Does he have a bit of bite about him?