• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

• Don Dan

A straight forward win for the jam tarts 2-0 (shanks, forrest) and 3 points in the bag, a welcome boost going into Thursday's Europa tie.

C'mon the famous

HHGH 

No longer active

Hoping United play as well as they are tonight on Sunday. Need to go to this match with a job to do and the desire to match the Dutch. And keep going for the full 90…. It’s games like this that 3 pts is a must and goal difference in the bank

Edited by George Cowie

29 minutes ago, fila said:

Said 3-0 earlier in the week, I may need to rethink !!

Snap.  Closer to the time I'm sure I'll up it to 4 or even 5.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Snap.  Closer to the time I'm sure I'll up it to 4 or even 5.

I’m going 1-0 Hearts.

And, c’mon the Scottish teams playing in Europe (apart from the three).

:vrface:

N Lincs Jambo

United will be hurting after tonight. We need to show them no mercy and go for the jugular. I’m going 5-0 Hearts and I very rarely make predictions.

Hello everybody. Sorry for any mistakes but I don't speak English so I use google translate. I recently started following Heart because I bought Boyce in the Sorare game. I signed up here to follow up on him. Will he be the starter against Dundee?

Ciao dall'Italia

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Maxiki said:

Hello everybody. Sorry for any mistakes but I don't speak English so I use google translate. I recently started following Heart because I bought Boyce in the Sorare game. I signed up here to follow up on him. Will he be the starter against Dundee?

Ciao dall'Italia

It's Cuore di Midlothian

Boyce may start on Sunday, but we have EL play-off on Thursday

The Old Tolbooth

I actually thought Dundee Utd competed pretty well last night until they went 2 down, then they absolutely folded like a pack of cards, and if AZ hadn't taken their foot off the gas in the second half it could've been double figures. 

They look like a confidence team, and their heads will surely be down after that pumping, but at least Hibs can still say they were the first to be pumped by 7 in Europe :D 

Horatio Caine

I think we should tone back our expectations.  I do expect us to win, but I don't think it'll be a pumping.  United will be hurting after last night so will be doing everything to avoid conceding.

Edited by Horatio Caine

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think we should tone back our expectations.  I do expect us to win, but I don't think it'll be a pumping.  United will be hurting after last night so will be do everything to avoid conceding.

100%. They will set up cautiously, be flying into challenges and desperate to avoid conceding early. They will be out to make sure Mackay and Shanks don’t influence the game too much..

honesty, it’s as if folk have never watched football. There is no way they play like that again, and if we are honest. AZ are a lot better than we are

ill take any kind 1-0 right now.

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Dundee Utd to be knackered and deflated after tonight, fancy a close game against alkmaar.  2 nil hearts

Utd maybe not so knackered then after the game not being so close!! 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Utd maybe not so knackered then after the game not being so close!! 

I know! I was a tad off in predicting 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I actually thought Dundee Utd competed pretty well last night until they went 2 down, then they absolutely folded like a pack of cards, and if AZ hadn't taken their foot off the gas in the second half it could've been double figures. 

They look like a confidence team, and their heads will surely be down after that pumping, but at least Hibs can still say they were the first to be pumped by 7 in Europe :D 

Yip, and if that overhead kick effort had went in at 2-0 you never know, might have been competitive. 

The difference is that v these teams and v the OF you can't give the ball away cheaply - you get punished as they are slicker and more clinical than your average SPFL team. 

Plus you need your gk to have a good game and make that crucial save, like the AZ keeper did. 

The Utd gk went a different way. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

upgotheheads
9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

United will be hurting after tonight. We need to show them no mercy and go for the jugular. I’m going 5-0 Hearts and I very rarely make predictions.

25 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

17 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think we should tone back our expectations.  I do expect us to win, but I don't think it'll be a pumping.  United will be hurting after last night so will be doing everything to avoid conceding.

Personally I was hoping that United would get through this tie because Scottish football needs Scottish teams doing well at this level, if only for the co-efficient points.  The way they collapsed last night was an embarrassment to them and Scottish football but imagine getting beaten at home by a team that's just been hammered 7-0  by a relatively small  Dutch team. Dundee United will be hurting and desperate to recover some pride, so we need to watch out.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I know! I was a tad off in predicting 

I reckon your 2-0 Hearts is good tho... . 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Personally I was hoping that United would get through this tie because Scottish football needs Scottish teams doing well at this level, if only for the co-efficient points.  The way they collapsed last night was an embarrassment to them and Scottish football but imagine getting beaten at home by a team that's just been hammered 7-0  by a relatively small  Dutch team. Dundee United will be hurting and desperate to recover some pride, so we need to watch out.

Kind of agree, but still funny they got roasted 

AZ aren't a relatively small Dutch team. 

The sell players for millions, buy players for millions and have been a top Dutch side for a while. 

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If United had gotten through, and then made the group stages of the Conference League, and we lose to Zurich and drop into the same league, then I'm pretty sure we would share the prize money with them, so whilst I wanted them to go through last night, I'd have wanted them to go out next round depending on our situation. 

Similarly, if Rangers get knocked out by PSV and drop into the Europa, and we beat Zurich, then I'm sure the same situation arises, so if we get a good result against Zurich next week, then I'll be wanting Rangers to go into the CL so we don't share anything with them. 

I think I've got that right, but someone correct me if not :lol: 

Dundee Utd getting hammered in a heatwave chasing shadows can only benefit us. Yes they will be hurting but that result and performance will only benefit us. 

31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I reckon your 2-0 Hearts is good tho... . 👍

After their royal gubbing it better be

Utd will be tight at the back as they will be hurting, will take a while to break them down.

1-0 Hearts

Another Robbo

After we bet Cowdenbeath 10-0 they had Rangers at home next week and shut up shop for a 0-0. Think it will be similar here with United determined not to let us score even if it means a draw. Still think we will win but it might not be as easy as some think.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

100%. They will set up cautiously, be flying into challenges and desperate to avoid conceding early. They will be out to make sure Mackay and Shanks don’t influence the game too much..

honesty, it’s as if folk have never watched football. There is no way they play like that again, and if we are honest. AZ are a lot better than we are

ill take any kind 1-0 right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the opening 20 mins are similar to last night. Utd looking solid, competing etc. But I feel of we score they could collapse again.

Our biggest risk is its 0-0 at half time the crowd turn. We need to support the team. At this stage a win is a win.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We will surely score goals, news of a further attacking option to be delivered shortly can only further boost our morale. United look weak in the full back areas, win out in midfield we should have plenty in the tank here, quite an important game for us to win, with 3 difficult ones in succession

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the opening 20 mins are similar to last night. Utd looking solid, competing etc. But I feel of we score they could collapse again.

Our biggest risk is its 0-0 at half time the crowd turn. We need to support the team. At this stage a win is a win.

I think the good teams take 15 or 20 minutes now to suss out the opposition and then begin to assert. There is no direct translation from last night, but what was clear United do have some fixes to make and basically a day to do it, plenty for us to exploit so long as we manage it properly

The only thing they will be concentrating on from now until Sunday is bouncing back and proving they aren't a bad side. It's probably the worst thing that could of happened for us.

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The only thing they will be concentrating on from now until Sunday is bouncing back and proving they aren't a bad side. It's probably the worst thing that could of happened for us.

Or....you could look on them being completely bereft of confidence and knackered mentally. 

Either way, we are a better side than them and should be winning. 

2-0: Shankland / Forrest 

I don't think what happened tonight will in any way influence how we approach Sunday. We are at home and will play the way we think gets us the 3 points. We will create chances and I'm fairly confident that we will score a couple. Shankland must be a stick on the score against them! Hopefully their keeper is equally as honking on Sunday as he was last night. Got to ping a few shots at him early to test his confidence. 

Don’t think Utd are good enough to sit in and defend for 90 mins . Their defence is hopeless .  Their at their best attacking which is why they were lots of goals between us last season.  

If they come out and attack we will win and if they sit in we will still break them down eventually 

An early goal for us would be great. Hopefully start like we did in the second half against the vermin but score this time. As for AZ, I was impressed by their hunger to score more goals even when the tie was won.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Agree. They will have a lot to prove to their Manager and Fans. This will be a very tough game. Hopefully a hard fought win for us.

We really need to come out and get stuck in about them early because they will be trying to make amends.

Edited by wavydavy

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Or they are just a honking side ? Or flip it to > after last weeks result for us , it is probably the worst thing that could have happened for them …… see what I did there

Boyces beard

We wont just be rocking up to Tynie on Sunday and having an easy 3 or 4 goal victory, Utd will be hurting after last night and will be looking to get the fans back on side with a good performance against us.

I fancy us to win as we are a better team, but if we start the same way we did against Ross County and give up the same kind of chances to the Utd players then players like Fletcher, Watt and Levitt will punish us.

With that said i am going for 5-1 to the famous with a Shankland hatrick. 😁

FTH

pettigrewsstylist

Kingsley back on bench is massive lift, particularly for Zurich i hope.

Hope Utds frustration doesnt result in heavy late challenges.

Guys, apologies for this being well off topic but I didn't think it merited one on its  own.

Just back from holiday and got my e-ticket for the Zurich game.

Tried to do the same for the Killie game but message on line read "This event is no longer on sale through the ticketing site or has been sold out"!  And the ticket office never answers the phone.

Any help on how to get a ticket for this game other than going to Tynie?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Dundee Utd getting hammered in a heatwave chasing shadows can only benefit us. Yes they will be hurting but that result and performance will only benefit us. 

We are not nearly as fit as we should be and have been like this for soem time.

Remember most of us thought Rangers playing in a Europa League Cup Final would 'tire them out'  They were superior athletes to us form the start and we chased their shadows huffing and puffing the entire game.

I fear zero points or 1 max on Sunday.

We rarely gub anybody. Utd will be hurting and I expect a much more compact Utd team to visit us on Sunday. 

That being said, still expect us to win. 2-0