• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Niemi’s gloves

• jamboinglasgow

Dick Dastardly

Do we know who is going to be running the team? I think Naismith has beenin charge so far but is he going to be the main man with the B team? 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Your points above are correct.

However, in order to participate in the LL your ground has to licensed. The Oriam is not a licensed ground. 

That's an even better reason than getting a cheap pint in the clubhouse!

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

U18s apparently. 

Would have maybe went to watch but got the wee one and I'm already dragging her to watch us play Crawley on Saturday. :lol: 

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

U18s apparently. 

Adam Forrester has a hat-trick apparently 

Niemi’s gloves

Finished 3-3 according to Dalkeith’s Twitter. Our youngsters had led 2-0 and 3-1 before being pulled back.

Footballfirst

The dry and bumpy pitch didn't help but it wasn't a great performance from the U18s. The first half was full of overhit passes and poor crosses.

All three Hearts goals came from corners, the first two were headed in and the third fell nicely for Adam Forrester to complete his hat trick.

The fact the the team had to rely on a centre back for the goals, demonstrates a lack of strikers in the 2005 and 2006 age groups, i.e. we don't have any.

Edited by Footballfirst

18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The dry and bumpy pitch didn't help but it wasn't a great performance from the U18s. The first half was full of overhit passes and poor crosses.

All three Hearts goals came from corners, the first two were headed in and the third fell nicely for Adam Forrester to complete his hat trick.

The fact the the team had to rely on a centre back for the goals, demonstrates a lack of strikers in the 2005 and 2006 age groups, i.e. we don't have any.

Missed the opening 10 minutes, but thought Hearts really fell away from the game second half. 
Rocco Friel 2, the captain 10 and left wing 11 all very impressive. 
Pitch was dry and poor (overheard a few Dalkeith players saying the same) but some really good link up and triangle plays by Hearts, let down by poor decisions in the final 3rd 

On 12/07/2022 at 21:49, Footballfirst said:

Was Naismith taking the team? And will he be 18s or B team this season? Wonder if some of the other coaches may be promoted to 18s 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Was Naismith taking the team? And will he be 18s or B team this season? Wonder if some of the other coaches may be promoted to 18s 

No, he was with the first team against Tranmere. Naismith should be looking after the B Team asfar as I know.

John McLaughlan took the U18s assisted by Steven Hamilton and Junior Memdes

jambo-rocker

Interesting that we've barely signed any players with potential into the b team.

Especially when you compare it to the b team arms race going on with Rangers and Hibs this summer.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

Interesting that we've barely signed any players with potential into the b team.

Especially when you compare it to the b team arms race going on with Rangers and Hibs this summer.

Yeah, I expected us to increase the numbers at that age level too.

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, I expected us to increase the numbers at that age level too.

We are going to be tight on numbers for the B Team, unless there are no LL or club imposed age restrictions.

I make it that we have a currently have First Team squad of 25 (everyone over 20), a B team squad of just 11, and an U17/U18 squad of 18 based purely on age.

The B Team will have to be supplemented with younger players from the U18s or older players from the first team squad.

The challenge for Robbie Neilson will be to give meaningful game time to everyone in the first team squad. That will either have to be achieved through loans, or B Team appearances.  I don't think that the consequences of Hearts participation in the LL have been sufficiently thought through.  We don't have the resources of the OF to facilitate separate and competitive squads at U18 and U20/B Team.  

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

We are going to be tight on numbers for the B Team, unless there are no LL or club imposed age restrictions.

I make it that we have a currently have First Team squad of 25 (everyone over 20), a B team squad of just 11, and an U17/U18 squad of 18 based purely on age.

The B Team will have to be supplemented with younger players from the U18s or older players from the first team squad.

The challenge for Robbie Neilson will be to give meaningful game time to everyone in the first team squad. That will either have to be achieved through loans, or B Team appearances.  I don't think that the consequences of Hearts participation in the LL have been sufficiently thought through.  We don't have the resources of the OF to facilitate separate and competitive squads at U18 and U20/B Team.  

Bit of a quandry. Could it be that we'll generally see a very young 18s team with the best 16 and 17yo being in the B team? And will that be the worst thing? Even if the guys eligible for 18s basically make up the B team squad with only sub appearances you wouldnt think that too onerous on them.

Age restriction in LL is an interesting one and then dependent on it how we use the likes of Smith, Logan even Hendo. Looks like the new lad Neilson very much a first teamer but we could still use B to keep him sharp if his game time limited (to under 5 apps)

Footballfirst

I hope that Hearts field something close to their expected B Team in their starting XI in tomorrow's friendly against Dunbar.  They start their LL campaign next Saturday against Berwick Rangers.

Dunbar's recent results suggest that it could be a difficult game for Hearts if they are not up for it, having drawn 1-1 with Berwick, beaten East Stirling 2-1 and only losing 2-1 to Bo'ness Utd, all LL clubs.

I believe that there is a closed door game against Arsenal on Tuesday, so the line-up may not be finalised until then.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It works if there is no longer an age restriction for the Lowland League. 

No one has quoted any ruling on this. 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It works if there is no longer an age restriction for the Lowland League. 

No one has quoted any ruling on this. 

The only "rule" I've seen came from the statement issued by the SFA/SPFL/LL.

• Guest clubs are required to field seven players eligible for Scotland national teams in the starting line-up.

Footballfirst

Today's first team selection should mean that Stone, Logan, Darge, McGill, Denholm and Pollock should all be in the B Team line-up.

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Any match update?

Losing 1-0 at half time.

Playing ok but toothless up front.

Stone

Rathie Darge Gordon

Logan Pollock Denholm Tait Dall

Thomas Ferguson 

Niemi’s gloves
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2-1 Hearts - Wilson 

Wilson is a new name to me. Is he recently signed or a trialist?

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Wilson is a new name to me. Is he recently signed or a trialist?

James Wilson. He's only 15 but is a decent prospect.

You better get used to the name Wilson as James has younger twin brothers who play for the U14s.

Tynecastle Valhalla
On 03/07/2022 at 16:53, OTT said:

I know. 

I'm going to keep mentioning it though. Its a farcical situation and should be spoken about until the clubs start to do their jobs and question this to the authorities. Its not a freak coincidence, its the result of a biased system favouring officials from in and around Glasgow. There is no excuse to only have one ref from not just Edinburgh, but the entire east coast. 

well said

how do we bring this to the attention of the appropriate parties ?

it is a huge issue

these west coast referees are brought up in the west coast caldron of old firm winning everything 

their kids go to schools amongst rangers and Celtic fans and their houses are in the west coast

it is little wonder they are scared to make any decisions against the big two when the repercussions are massive

the backlash is severe 

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

James Wilson. He's only 15 but is a decent prospect.

You better get used to the name Wilson as James has younger twin brothers who play for the U14s.

Scored a few goals including the comeback 6-5 win against Dundee United last season. 

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How did our young players play?

The subs all came on at some point in the 2nd half, McFarlane at half time, Sandilands and Wilson at the hour mark followed by Drysdale, Chisholm and McLuckie, then finally Friel and Forrester  

The game was OK to watch. First half, Hearts had plenty possession, but lacked a goal threat with both Thomas and Ferguson ineffective. Their goal came from a cross from the right that Hearts failed to clear. The ball dropped to their sub who scored from close range, with what was possibly his first touch.

Hearts started with a bit more intent in the second half but again struggled to get any shots on target. Multiple changes around the hour mark helped Hearts as they then started to test the keeper. Denholm equalised with a shot from 10 yards from a cutback by Dall or Pollock (I'm not sure who).  Hearts then went ahead from a mishit clearance by the home keeper which went straight to James Wilson who fired his shot from 25 yards into an unguarded net.

Overall 6 out of 10.  Missed Kirk up front. Couldn't understand why Gordon was played at left centre back while Dall played left wing back.  Decent performances from Pollock, Tait, McLuckie and Wilson.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:
The subs all came on at some point in the 2nd half, McFarlane at half time, Sandilands and Wilson at the hour mark followed by Drysdale, Chisholm and McLuckie, then finally Friel and Forrester  

The game was OK to watch. First half, Hearts had plenty possession, but lacked a goal threat with both Thomas and Ferguson ineffective. Their goal came from a cross from the right that Hearts failed to clear. The ball dropped to their sub who scored from close range, with what was possibly his first touch.

Hearts started with a bit more intent in the second half but again struggled to get any shots on target. Multiple changes around the hour mark helped Hearts as they then started to test the keeper. Denholm equalised with a shot from 10 yards from a cutback by Dall or Pollock (I'm not sure who).  Hearts then went ahead from a mishit clearance by the home keeper which went straight to James Wilson who fired his shot from 25 yards into an unguarded net.

Overall 6 out of 10.  Missed Kirk up front. Couldn't understand why Gordon was played at left centre back while Dall played left wing back.  Decent performances from Pollock, Tait, McLuckie and Wilson.

Sorry for the delay - playing cricket !!

thanks for the updates

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/jaden-ferguson-joins-hearts-b

First signing for the B team, Jaden Ferguson has made his trial permanent. 1 year deal.

I do think, judging on the comments from Naismith, that he is a player who they think has the right attributes to develop, one they can work on.

Why only a 1 year deal then ?

Footballfirst
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/jaden-ferguson-joins-hearts-b

First signing for the B team, Jaden Ferguson has made his trial permanent. 1 year deal.

I do think, judging on the comments from Naismith, that he is a player who they think has the right attributes to develop, one they can work on.

I think the opposite. The one year "B Team" deal suggests to me that the club doesn't see him having much potential beyond this season in the Lowland League.

To my mind the B Team squad is pretty thin and we do need some jersey fillers.  They could struggle against the top sides. The opening game on Saturday should give us an indication how the season may play out. Berwick finished 8th last season, or 6th excluding the guest sides. 

Had a wee look on Google earth... I assume most of the streets around Ferguson Park are OK for parking? Looks like it.

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Had a wee look on Google earth... I assume most of the streets around Ferguson Park are OK for parking? Looks like it.

Yes. It can get a bit narrow on the when cars are parked on both sides of the main road (Carnethie Street), particularly when buses come along.  I've always got parked within a couple of hundred yards from the ground.

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes. It can get a bit narrow on the when cars are parked on both sides of the main road (Carnethie Street), particularly when buses come along.  I've always got parked within a couple of hundred yards from the ground.

Cheers. 

I know we play Stoke on 23rd July but given the historical nature of this match really fancy heading along.  I don't agree with the B team concept but it's here so I'll back them.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And another job filled

I hope he's got a long hose to water the Ferguson Park pitch before the weekend.

Looking forward to it. And as FF says, very sensible pricing. Interesting to see the crowd especially with the Stoke game on at the same time.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******