.net delusion

iantjambo

2 hours ago, Percival King said:

Gosh! Suppose our two long undefeated streaks were around their time but those are some statistics. Wonder if there's a Colgan or Gottskalksen or Makalamby or whoever out there that has a better derby record than those internationalists (though Rough's is a very low bar).

I think Colgans might be reasonable, seem to remember him winning one game at least, whoever was in under Lennon might have a couple of wins. Just for balance what’s Henry Smith and Craig Gordon’s record 😂

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Percival King said:

Gosh! Suppose our two long undefeated streaks were around their time but those are some statistics. Wonder if there's a Colgan or Gottskalksen or Makalamby or whoever out there that has a better derby record than those internationalists (though Rough's is a very low bar).

Colgan will do.  He played under McLeish when they won a good few amount of derbies. 

9 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Colgan will do.  He played under McLeish when they won a good few amount of derbies. 

I had to check.

Colgan won 4 and lost 3.

Great stats by Hibs player standards but not as good as I thought it would be.

Courtesy of London Hearts. 👍 

Edited by martoon

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

I had to check.

Colgan won 4 and lost 3.

Great stats by Hibs player standards but not as good as I thought it would be.

Courtesy of London Hearts. 👍 

Probably the best you are going to get being a wee team goalie against us tbh.  Possibly the boy with the Worldie wife that played for them under Lennon?  Don't think he played many though.

Even Colgan was in goal for the original 5-1 MDV game and other spankings. 

19 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think Colgans might be reasonable, seem to remember him winning one game at least, whoever was in under Lennon might have a couple of wins. Just for balance what’s Henry Smith and Craig Gordon’s record 😂

In all competitions;

Henry Smith - W22 D20 L7

Craig Gordon - W13 D9 L5

31 minutes ago, Aldog8 said:

In all competitions;

Henry Smith - W22 D20 L7

Craig Gordon - W13 D9 L5

Good old Henry.

:clubbed:

:flagwave:

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

7 defeats in nearly 50 games! Legend!

I particularly remember a heroic performance at ER in August 1992.

Before ko Henry had noticed something in the Hibs match day programme about Brian Hamilton's penalty taking technique. It gave him a shrewd idea as to where he'd put it if faced with one. Hibs got an early penalty and Henry went to his left and tipped it over the bar.

An early Hibs'd it.

We did nothing that day.

Then, in the final minute, Micky Weir was clean through, one on one. I thought "shit, bang goes our unbeaten run (12 before kick off)".

Not a bit of it. Henry advanced, cut down the angle and turned Weir's effort around the post.

0-0 and 13 derbies without defeat.

25 minutes ago, martoon said:

I particularly remember a heroic performance at ER in August 1992.

Before ko Henry had noticed something in the Hibs match day programme about Brian Hamilton's penalty taking technique. It gave him a shrewd idea as to where he'd put it if faced with one. Hibs got an early penalty and Henry went to his left and tipped it over the bar.

An early Hibs'd it.

We did nothing that day.

Then, in the final minute, Micky Weir was clean through, one on one. I thought "shit, bang goes our unbeaten run (12 before kick off)".

Not a bit of it. Henry advanced, cut down the angle and turned Weir's effort around the post.

0-0 and 13 derbies without defeat.

I suspect I’d have been at the game but in the 90s my memories of ER games in particular are sketchy, also Pitroddie trips are blurry from anywhere past Brechin 😂 IIRC 92 was the year we played Leige another lost 3 days of my life 😂

Best memory at Easter road was the cup game when the postie was put through the middle and scored then jumped up onto the Security fencing behind the goal .

Edited by gorgieroar

Penny just dropping for them about the rewards of being in Europe, Mickey Mouse euro league, did I hear you say !! More like a cash cow, you twats

To any Hibs looking in, you didn't watch the game, of course, but you missed us cheating our way to a sneaky win with an eyebleeding display of industrial hoofball. We will never play with Hibs flair.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Latest extract from the Bumper Book of Hibs Tears:

”Russia invading Ukraine worked out well for them.”

:rofl:

Trying to understand hobo logic 🤔 57931DFC-9704-4E57-81E1-6517B7FAB5FA.gif.06d0ca29f0585fb061cad4769f3ad917.gif

wentworth jambo

A Hobbit's life is a simple life...every team they play is "pyoor brulliant" - so a win is an achievement for flair and the footballing ethos of the Gods....every team we play (even the same teams they play) is "sh1te" so a win, regardless of how good a win, is expected but always undeserved and any loss is woven into their vast comfort blanket of anti-Hearts rather than pro-Hibs rhetoric

2 hours ago, leginten said:

They really are there for our entertainment. Please hobos, never change.

Apparently one good thing is “they have no playing assets” :facepalm:

Can’t ****ing wait for 2nd January, hopefully have a full strength squad to pick from to give them a New Year hammering!

On 14/09/2022 at 10:59, allyjambo said:

I remember meeting Robbo, Colin Cameron and Alan Rough at a Scotland quiz night several years ago, asked for a photo and Robbo says to Rough, come on pal, this lad wants a photo with 3 Hearts legends, Rough looked confused until Robbo said 'well you never won a derby, that makes you a legend in my book' !!!!

I thought that was going to be like the joke:

Robbo and Micky Weir were walking down the road together in Leith when a prostitute approaches them. Weir says "how much for a wee w@nk?" Robbo says "how much for a f'n legend?" 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Devlin not as good as Joe Newell apparently...

Christ what are they on. Devlin hasn't looked out of place in Europe, infact he's stepped his game up.

Newell seems to waste any ability he has in favour of kicking the opposition. 

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Christ what are they on. Devlin hasn't looked out of place in Europe, infact he's stepped his game up.

Newell seems to waste any ability he has in favour of kicking the opposition. 

It's a beautiful read. Claiming Cammy runs around kicking anything that moves.

Tackling anything that moves would be more accurate, given his stats. He is a fantastic tackler.

Zero career red cards too for Cammy. Newell has four :rofl:

Joe Newell couldn't lace his boots. 29 now and an absolute big standard career to date. 

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's a beautiful read. Claiming Cammy runs around kicking anything that moves.

Tackling anything that moves would be more accurate, given his stats. He is a fantastic tackler.

Zero career red cards too for Cammy. Newell has four :rofl:

Joe Newell couldn't lace his boots. 29 now and an absolute big standard career to date. 

At least half of Newells red cards must have come at Hibs 😄

Flair

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Apparently one good thing is “they have no playing assets” :facepalm:

Can’t ****ing wait for 2nd January, hopefully have a full strength squad to pick from to give them a New Year hammering!

We've not done it for some time now but I  absolutely praying that this season is the one where we turn up and everything just clicks into place on the day. Even better it just doesn't for them.

And we absolutely rout them by 4 or more goals.

Joe Newell is one of the main reasons that lot have been so shite in the last few years. 

How many managers is Joe on now? He's a chronic centre mid. I hope he continues to play for them because he is nowhere near the standards required. 

Interesting game at the weekend with them playing the sheep worriers, think we’ll find out a lot about both these teams. Would be a nice change to see both of them play against 11 men for 90 minutes for once!

5 hours ago, leginten said:

😆😆😆😆

:leveinnaturalorder:

SomethingAboutObua
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Interesting game at the weekend with them playing the sheep worriers, think we’ll find out a lot about both these teams. Would be a nice change to see both of them play against 11 men for 90 minutes for once!

Think Aberdeen will hammer them tbh. Therell be a red for Porteous on Miovski and that'll be that is my thinking 

3 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Think Aberdeen will hammer them tbh. Therell be a red for Porteous on Miovski and that'll be that is my thinking 

There’s no way the multi million pound international defender could possibly make a foul or two to merit a sending off, the Dalkeith Maldini😂😂

They know they have next to nothing on us

So what they do when seehting, post about poppy thieves Re of the negative Hearts thread , forgetting the recent theft of Ipads at ER and anything they post about us can be countered

Delusion for sure 

Many thanks to the statisticians on this thread.  For anyone who can't be bothered trawling through it, this one stands out for me.

Alan Rough played in 49 derbies and was in the winning side 7 times.

7 out of 49.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Many thanks to the statisticians on this thread.  For anyone who can't be bothered trawling through it, this one stands out for me.

Alan Rough played in 49 derbies and was in the winning side 7 times.

7 out of 49.

Sorry.  Made an absolute bollocks of that.  Henry Smith played in 49 and only lost 7.  Rough played in 17 and won precisely 0.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Give Motherwell a black eye and all meet back here on Sunday to revel in their beasting by Aberdeen 

Would prefer they didn't get pumped off the sheep.  They will be nowhere near us come the end of the season but Aberdeen will.