Congratulations Real Madrid

McGlynn The Money

The Ultimate Worrier
11 hours ago, Homme said:

This thread is tragic :lol:

How come? There's been a fair bit of positive engagement to cancel out the usual negative stuff.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

Unknown user
1 hour ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

How come? There's been a fair bit of positive engagement to cancel out the usual negative stuff.

No there hasn't.

10 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

There has.

It’s the Terrace and football related.

If it’s not Hearts, some get a wee bit annoyed, predictably !

McGlynn The Money
On 05/06/2022 at 21:24, Smithee said:

Have ye, aye?

Indeed.

On 10/06/2022 at 08:11, Boab said:

There has.

It’s the Terrace and football related.

If it’s not Hearts, some get a wee bit annoyed, predictably !

It's bizarre. Our season finished a week before so there was no Hearts game that day to talk about. It's the biggest club game of the season in Europe. Two great clubs with amazing players. Real Madrid, like Hearts, are fan owned.

Apparently showing an interest in those teams or that game means you are a plastic fan. I'd argue that Real Madrid or Liverpool in the Champions League is slightly more interesting than Hibs, Hibs shitey new strip, Dundee or Harry Kane yet there are threads about all of them.

McGlynn The Money
On 11/06/2022 at 13:56, Mikey1874 said:

Modric has signed a new contract for next season.

What a player, what a man and what a signing. Even more so when you think that the Catalan, Barça supporting media described it as "42 MIllion to Hide Their Embarrassment", saying it was just to cover up Madrid's poor start to the season.

In his ten years at Real Madrid Club de Fútbol he has played in and won 5 Champions League Finals. To put that in context, a club like Barça has won 5 in its history and a player like Messi has only played in and won 3 Finals.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

What a player, what a man and what a signing. Even more so when you think that the Catalan, Barça supporting media described it as "42 MIllion to Hide Their Embarrassment", saying it was just to cover up Madrid's poor start to the season.

In his ten years at Real Madrid Club de Fútbol he has played in and won 5 Champions League Finals. To put that in context, a club like Barça has won 5 in its history and a player like Messi has only played in and won 3 Finals.

Are you Spanish? 😄

The Ultimate Worrier
On 11/06/2022 at 13:56, Mikey1874 said:

Modric has signed a new contract for next season.

Aurélien Tchouaméni just unveiled at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu after penning a six year contract. When you think that Modric, Kroos and Casemiro will be mentoring him, Camavinga and Valverde that's some midfield for now and the future.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 16/06/2022 at 16:44, Mikey1874 said:

Fair play

Very well deserved when you look at the big goals in big games that he scored for them.

He's also now achieved the Holy Grail of Football:

Played at Tynecastle.

Scored at Tynecastle.

Joined the pantheon of Real Madrid legends.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 16/06/2022 at 16:44, Mikey1874 said:

Fair play

Looks like he's joining Los Angeles FC. 

Unknown user

Gareth Bale has won 6 different top level trophies in his career.

The one he's won most is the Champions League with 5 - that's some going!

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Gareth Bale has won 6 different top level trophies in his career.

The one he's won most is the Champions League with 5 - that's some going!

Why he made the squad for this season only the manager knows. Hopefully England absolutely hammer them in the World Cup.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 26/06/2022 at 03:57, ri Alban said:

Why he made the squad for this season only the manager knows. Hopefully England absolutely hammer them in the World Cup.

He always produces for Wales on the big occasion.

11 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

He always produces for Wales on the big occasion.

Sorry meant Real squad. I get his love for his National team, I have it for everything Scotland, but ffs, if I was his teammate at the clubs he hasn't tried a leg for in the last 5 years, he'd quit, I'd make sure of it.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 28/06/2022 at 05:28, ri Alban said:

Sorry meant Real squad. I get his love for his National team, I have it for everything Scotland, but ffs, if I was his teammate at the clubs he hasn't tried a leg for in the last 5 years, he'd quit, I'd make sure of it.

Understood.

Just out of interest, how come you don't won't our Welsh brothers to do well at the World Cup?

24 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Understood.

Just out of interest, how come you don't won't our Welsh brothers to do well at the World Cup?

Cause I'm not related. 

Fort Vallance
On 25/06/2022 at 22:18, Smithee said:

What a loser!

A statement to match the "where did it all go wrong George" 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Understood.

have you ever been to wales 😂 a more arrogant bunch or toddlers you’ll struggle  to find.  And there is absolutely no rationale for it . 

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

have you ever been to wales 😂 a more arrogant bunch or toddlers you’ll struggle  to find.  And there is absolutely no rationale for it . 

Couldn't get a ride in Wales type post imo. 

Unknown user
12 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Couldn't get a ride in Wales type post imo. 

Clearly never been to Wales type post imo

If you can't get your Nat King in Wales, might as well cut it off.

McGlynn The Money
On 26/06/2022 at 03:57, ri Alban said:

:what:

The Ultimate Worrier
On 29/06/2022 at 19:53, kingantti1874 said:

Not for years thankfully. I still think I'd support them against England though.

6 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not for years thankfully. I still think I'd support them against England though.

I'm going for Canada, but Argentina will win the World Cup. England will eviscerate Wales. If they don't, they should chuck it.

Edited by ri Alban

• 5 weeks later...
The Ultimate Worrier

2-0 win for Real Madrid tonight over Eintracht Frankfurt in the European Super Cup Final.

It was the first meeting between the sides since the famous 7-3 European Cup Final at Hampden in 1960.

Samuel Camazzola
17 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

2-0 win for Real Madrid tonight over Eintracht Frankfurt in the European Super Cup Final.

It was the first meeting between the sides since the famous 7-3 European Cup Final at Hampden in 1960.

It was just a UEFA edition of the Charity/Community Shield. Through all their glories, not something to include on the roll of honour. 

The Ultimate Worrier
14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was just a UEFA edition of the Charity/Community Shield. Through all their glories, not something to include on the roll of honour. 

That's true, but still a good start to the season. I think it's one of those where if they'd lost itbtge pressure would be on already. Frankfurt knocked out some good teams last season so are no mugs.

Apparently there's a phrase in Spanish football that goes "Real Madrid don't play finals, they win them". It's hard to argue with that on recent evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
IveSeenTheLight
On 28/05/2022 at 23:17, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aberdeen unbeaten against them in finals 

Indeed, Aberdeen being the last team to beat Real Madrid in the final of a European knockout tournament

😝

• 8 months later...

12th season in Champions League for City and 2nd final. 

Madrid did well to get to semis with team in transition. After only winning 5 Champions Leagues in last 10 seasons they'll need to improve. After losing Casemiro their best player last 2 years and Modric having one more year, its an interesting time for them. But lots of good signs with their youngsters and who they'll sign next.

City doing very well with likes of Grealish and Foden coming in will also have a transition with likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan and Mahrez reaching their peak. 

Didn't really care who won last night, as I was hoping the Nerazzurri pump whoever in Istanbul next month. 😎 

12 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Real Madrid, Manchester City and the CL in general are an obscenity. 

Dunno.  I'm quite looking forward to the thrilling conclusion of the Superball Sportswash Cup between Petrostate Investment Entity and China Mixed Business Investment Entity.  May the best Entity win. :cheese: 

Jambo in Bathgate
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

12th season in Champions League for City and 2nd final. 

Madrid did well to get to semis with team in transition. After only winning 5 Champions Leagues in last 10 seasons they'll need to improve. After losing Casemiro their best player last 2 years and Modric having one more year, its an interesting time for them. But lots of good signs with their youngsters and who they'll sign next.

City doing very well with likes of Grealish and Foden coming in will also have a transition with likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan and Mahrez reaching their peak. 

They will buy replacements! Money Money Money. 

A_A wehatethehibs

The greatest European team of this era last 10 years or so, but that was the end of the era last night. Kroos, Modric and Benzema great players in their day but simply past their prime, blown away by a team just coming into their prime. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

They will buy replacements! Money Money Money. 

Replacing guys the class of what they’ve had, it’s easier said than done. As Man Uniteds last 10 years away from the top table has shown. When Scholes Giggs Carrick Ferdinand Rooney went, that was it, finished. They’ve spent a billion since then and not won a league. Same with Barca - without Xabi, Iniesta never the same team. AC Milans great side from 15 years ago - it was gone after Pirlo and Gattuso went and took them a decade to get back a title. It’s that type of moment for Real. Replacing greatness particularly in the midfield, that’s the heartbeat of a team. It’s very difficult. 

33 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Replacing guys the class of what they’ve had, it’s easier said than done. As Man Uniteds last 10 years away from the top table has shown. When Scholes Giggs Carrick Ferdinand Rooney went, that was it, finished. They’ve spent a billion since then and not won a league. Same with Barca - without Xabi, Iniesta never the same team. AC Milans great side from 15 years ago - it was gone after Pirlo and Gattuso went and took them a decade to get back a title. It’s that type of moment for Real. Replacing greatness particularly in the midfield, that’s the heartbeat of a team. It’s very difficult. 

They were finished long before Rooney went.

Get your drift though.

Madrid should just sign the two best players in the Spurs side.

Worked before.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Dunno.  I'm quite looking forward to the thrilling conclusion of the Superball Sportswash Cup between Petrostate Investment Entity and China Mixed Business Investment Entity.  May the best Entity win. :cheese: 

Better entity. 😈

Unfortunately, I fear it’s Manchester City who are going to win the damn thing.

I can live in hope that a) Inter have a very good night coupled with b) City having an off night.  🤞