Congratulations Real Madrid

McGlynn The Money

McGlynn The Money

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on Kickback when I say, Hala Madrid!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

gillsjambo29
19 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

IMO Hearts are the greatest club in the world. Not in stature or finance or success but in the joy and sorrow they can illicit from me personally. 

I have no english/italian/spanish/german/other club in my life.

I did watch the final and offer my congratulations to Real on a fine win. By the end it was well deserved. 

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, gillsjambo29 said:

IMO Hearts are the greatest club in the world. Not in stature or finance or success but in the joy and sorrow they can illicit from me personally. 

I have no english/italian/spanish/german/other club in my life.

I did watch the final and offer my congratulations to Real on a fine win. By the end it was well deserved. 

I meant to say the greatest club in the world outwith Heart of Midlothian FC.

Doctor FinnBarr

Gutted for my nephew who was there tonight. He was also at Hampden last week got married the weekend before and was at the FA cup final the week before that, quite a month for him.

Sorry, gutted for both my nephews before the yin wi Southport in his name sticks his neb in.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

8 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I meant to say the greatest club in the world outwith Heart of Midlothian FC.

I knew that's what you meant, it goes without saying after all

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Actually can’t believe they won they were battered for 90 mins. Funny game at times 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

Bollocks to Liverpool FC and its fan base.

This

3 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You can count me out of that shoite.

What a load of old dhit.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Actually can’t believe they won they were battered for 90 mins. Funny game at times 

Hardly, 45 at most. Not that I give much of a toss.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This

FFS Geoff, my nephews are both Hearts and Liverpool fans, both were at Hampden last week, were you?

If not "sit down shut up"

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

I did quite admire Real's game management at the end. The last 10 minutes (including stoppage time) only had about 2 minutes of actual football.

A real lesson in the dark arts of shutting a game down and holding on to what they had.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

FFS Geoff, my nephews are both Hearts and Liverpool fans, both were at Hampden last week, were you?

If not "sit down shut up"

:lol:

There's no need to be upset!

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, chrisg8 said:

Worst team since Liverpool 2005 to win it FACT

Not sure about that they have beat all the top sides.

been here before
7 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

A direct message to Real Madrid eh? Do you reckon theyll read that?

5 hours ago, chrisg8 said:

You are aware that typing "FACT" in big capital letters after you've made a statement on the internet, doesnt necessarly make that statement, in this case your opinion, a fact?

McGlynn The Money
48 minutes ago, been here before said:

A direct message to Real Madrid eh? Do you reckon theyll read that?

Of course I do. I'm sure Florentino Pérez was logging in to Kickback as soon as the final whistle went to see what the Jambos were saying about his club's awe inspiring 14th European Cup.

A direct message to Florentino from, well done big man and Hala Madrid!

davemclaren

In Spain ( Menorca ) at the moment so watched it alongside a bunch of Real fans. I thought the locals would have been Barca supporters but they might well have been from other parts of Spain and working on the island. 

no point being the best team in a match if you don’t take your chances. The Real keeper was almost as good as Craig Gordon though. 😎

PortyBeach

Establishment club? Francoist club? Extract from article…

“Real Madrid, the capital's chief club, were nominally the team of the monarchy in Spain, but they became further entwined with the establishment during the Francoist regime.

The fallout of the Spanish Civil War, which saw the oppression of regions such as Catalunya and the Basque Country by Franco's Madrid-domiciled forces, further entrenched division in the country.

Football was not immune to the repressive policies that were rolled out in the aftermath.
Barcelona, for example, were forced to remove the Catalan flag from their badge, while the speaking of Catalan, Galician and Basque languages was forbidden as Franco sought to impose his idea of a homogenous Spanish state on the people.

Such draconian measures, in tandem with widespread suspicions that Madrid were beginning to be treated favourably, fuelled the idea that Franco had a soft spot for the club.”

McGlynn The Money
49 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Establishment club? Francoist club? Extract from article…

“Real Madrid, the capital's chief club, were nominally the team of the monarchy in Spain, but they became further entwined with the establishment during the Francoist regime.

The fallout of the Spanish Civil War, which saw the oppression of regions such as Catalunya and the Basque Country by Franco's Madrid-domiciled forces, further entrenched division in the country.

Football was not immune to the repressive policies that were rolled out in the aftermath.
Barcelona, for example, were forced to remove the Catalan flag from their badge, while the speaking of Catalan, Galician and Basque languages was forbidden as Franco sought to impose his idea of a homogenous Spanish state on the people.

Such draconian measures, in tandem with widespread suspicions that Madrid were beginning to be treated favourably, fuelled the idea that Franco had a soft spot for the club.”

There's always one...

Look up Atlético Madrid's history (or Atlético Aviación as they were known in Franco's day as they were the team of Franco's Air Force).

Look up Franco clearing Barca's debts to save them from going bust.

Look at how Madrid's stadium was destroyed during the civil war and Santiago Bernabéu had to rebuild the club from scratch with no help from anyone, certainly not Franco. Look how Bernabéu banned Millán Astray, one of Franco's top men from the stadium.

Franco benefited much more from Madrid's success internationally than it benefited from him.

I could go on. Here endeth the lessen.

Sooperstar
8 hours ago, dannymack said:

Bollocks to Liverpool FC and its fan base.

I am on board with this sentiment.

Shooter McGavin
7 hours ago, chrisg8 said:

Mate, they beat the Italian champions, French champions, reigning European champions, Premier League champions & then six-time European Champions Liverpool in the final 😂

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Gutted for my nephew who was there tonight. He was also at Hampden last week got married the weekend before and was at the FA cup final the week before that, quite a month for him.

Sorry, gutted for both my nephews before the yin wi Southport in his name sticks his neb in.

He must have some connections to get tickets for all these events. 

Aside from his wedding of course😁

The Ultimate Worrier

Fan owned.

The establishment club in the capital.

Dominant derby record.

Love a twirly.

Are Real Madrid basically the Heart of Midlothian of Spain?

7 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Fan owned.

The establishment club in the capital.

Dominant derby record.

Love a twirly.

Are Real Madrid basically the Heart of Midlothian of Spain?

Basically copying Hearts yes 😅

8 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Basically copying Hearts yes 😅

But are they official team of a Spanish Aircraft carrier!?

6 hours ago, martoon said:

I did quite admire Real's game management at the end. The last 10 minutes (including stoppage time) only had about 2 minutes of actual football.

A real lesson in the dark arts of shutting a game down and holding on to what they had.

Aye wonderful to watch wasn’t it! 😏

SwindonJambo
57 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Aye wonderful to watch wasn’t it! 😏

What did you expect them to do? Would you expect them to let the game flow to give Liverpool a chance to equalise? If it was Hearts under siege with 10 minutes left hanging on to defend a 1 goal lead against the OF in a Cup Final, what would you want us to do ? Attack and let the game flow from end to end?

9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Hardly, 45 at most. Not that I give much of a toss.

Look at the stats I think Liverpool bossed it 

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

What did you expect them to do? Would you expect them to let the game flow to give Liverpool a chance to equalise? If it was Hearts under siege with 10 minutes left hanging on to defend a 1 goal lead against the OF in a Cup Final, what would you want us to do ? Attack and let the game flow from end to end?

Hanging on for the last 10 minutes? They were basically hanging on for 90 minutes looking for a break away goal - which they got. 🤷‍♂️

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hanging on for the last 10 minutes? They were basically hanging on for 90 minutes looking for a break away goal - which they got. 🤷‍♂️

They did nothing wrong and won with fair play. There are 101 ways to play the game and their way is as legit as any. The 1998 Scottish Cup Final springs to mind. One team had 4 shots on goal and the other 26 that day.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They did nothing wrong and won with fair play. There are 101 ways to play the game and their way is as legit as any. The 1998 Scottish Cup Final springs to mind. One team had 4 shots on goal and the other 26 that day.

And like yesterdays final - 1998 fantastic for the cup winners and for the neutral a bit meh!

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If we had managed that last week I would have been overjoyed. 😄

While the only proper comparison is between Courtois and Craig Gordon you can see the potential in controlling a game. Something a lot of fans don't like. 

My big criticism of Madrid is they seem lax at times but Liverpool's excellent press kept them on their toes. 

They have very good attacking players. They have kind of been under the radar but the combination of youth and experience is their strength. I think not getting Mbappe (till 2025) helps them. Vinicius Junior who plays in Mbappe's position now has the place in team and they are signing good young players. 

Just the replacement for Modric to find. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

If we had managed that last week I would have been overjoyed. 😄

Not the point I’m making Dave. As a neutral I thought Real’s tactics tried to make the game a bit of a grind with only one team trying to play enterprising football.

Real and their fans rightly won’t give a toss about my opinion.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And like yesterdays final - 1998 fantastic for the cup winners and for the neutral a bit meh!

Entertaining the fans is not the primary objective of the game unfortunately.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Entertaining the fans is not the primary objective of the game unfortunately.

No shit

I’m old enough to remember how the big Italian teams in the late 60’s killed the spectacle that is football.

The guy who came up with the “catenaccio” stifling defensive system was Herrera who was Manager of Inter Milan. They dominated Europe and had won two European Cups until Celtic (apologies) beat them with Jock Stein’s brand of attacking football.

Real were famous for that brand of attacking football although last night Ancelotti looked like he has rediscovered Catenaccio.

42FBA175-83D5-4892-8AAD-876A37B66382.thumb.jpeg.83b07ddb77ee1fb8873e5e55b8996897.jpeg

Edited by Thomaso

jam doughnut
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

It was hardly a break away goal. It started on their own 18 yard line with all the Liverpool players behind the ball. Two brilliant pieces of slick pass and movements took out the entire Liverpool midfield and Robertson enabling 4 Madrid players to bear down on an exposed defence. Van Dijk was left in no man’s land, add in Trent-Arnold day dreaming and boom. 

Brilliantly worked from Real’s perspective. Carvajal’s involvement alone was poetry in motion.

20 minutes ago, jam doughnut said:

It was hardly a break away goal. It started on their own 18 yard line with all the Liverpool players behind the ball. Two brilliant pieces of slick pass and movements took out the entire Liverpool midfield and Robertson enabling 4 Madrid players to bear down on an exposed defence. Van Dijk was left in no man’s land, add in Trent-Arnold day dreaming and boom. 

Brilliantly worked from Real’s perspective. Carvajal’s involvement alone was poetry in motion.

I don't understand (well I do) how people can't appreciate Madrid's passing. 

If you look how they pass under pressure. They don't always get it right but they don't seem to care. 

Madrid are always looking to attack. I think Liverpool are exceptional in pressing so they were up against the best there. But it was always going to be the case they would pass through Liverpool to score.