• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

22 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Not what I and my group experienced, getting abused & attacked on a bus by the ground, for no reason

Fair enough. I've heard stories like that from others visiting Liverpool but I had no problems. 

1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Real Madrid. One of the leading drivers of the European Super League. **** them.

And Liverpool presumably just influenced by their American owners to be a founding member of the Super League. 

Warrior poets. 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Real Madrid. One of the leading drivers of the European Super League. **** them.

Well they are European and they are super, I don't have a problem with any of it.

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Liverpool presumably just influenced by their American owners to be a founding member of the Super League. 

Warrior poets. 

Nail on the head. The "English" clubs were well up for it until their fans kicked off and they bottled it. When I say I mean mean their owners from Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Putin's mate and the American billionaires.

Jeffros Furios
3 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I believe that General Franco was a big fan of Real Madrid and Mussolini was a Lazio fan. Not sure about Hitler, he was always a killjoy!

And Putin ? 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

And Putin ? 

A big fan of UEFA, after Gazprom advertised on every single board in the Champions League - they let the Russians back in. 

McGlynn The Money
5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Ah yes. All that’s really gone on here is McGlynn has been fishing since Saturday night and some have had a bite. 

Fishing? It was a light hearted thread about Saturday night's game, especially as there weren't many other matches on at that time. If folk get riled by it then that's their fault.

5 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I believe that General Franco was a big fan of Real Madrid and Mussolini was a Lazio fan. Not sure about Hitler, he was always a killjoy!

Can't speak for Mussolini and Lazio but the Real Madrid and Franco stuff is mythology. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Fishing? It was a light hearted thread about Saturday night's game, especially as there weren't many other matches on at that time. If folk get riled by it then that's their fault.

Bloody hell are you still going?

Fair play

VTsgKbM.gif

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Warrior poets. 

I'm right onboard with the **** Liverpool message as well, we don't have to be one or the other.

In fact, **** everyone that isn't Heart of Midlothian, especially the EPL teams, and ESPECIALLY the Super League teams.

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Fair play

VTsgKbM.gif

Thanks Smithee. I think I've posted on this thread almost as many times as, you which is no mean feat.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Smithee said:

They spent 355m that year on fees alone for Hazard, Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrigo and Reinier.

A "Real" rags to riches story. 

Like the football version of "slumdog millionaire" 

😂😂

Folk really do talk about Madrid like they were the plucky underdog and The David who slayed the Goliath. 

The truth is Madrid spend more money on wages than the team they beat. 

Well done them. 

Next. 

If nothing else then the RM win puts to bed all the nonsense spouted about "Greatest Liverpool team ever".   Hate when pundits start making comparisons with times gone by.   If they had won the quadruple then you place them at the top table of Liverpool's history but this greatest ever nonsense grates me.  History will now show a team that won two domestic trophies, nothing more.  

McGlynn The Money
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A "Real" rags to riches story. 

Like the football version of "slumdog millionaire" 

😂😂

Folk really do talk about Madrid like they were the plucky underdog and The David who slayed the Goliath. 

The truth is Madrid spend more money on wages than the team they beat. 

Well done them. 

Next. 

I haven't seen anyone else mention it as a David v Goliath type victory yet you keep coming out with that nonsense. 

You're maybe getting confused with the biased, English Premier League obsessed pundits who couldn't comprehend that their three best teams would all fall at the sword of the 14 times Kings of Europe. 

Placid Casual
18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Warrior poets. 

I’m not a Liverpool fan. I was just pointing out that Real Madrid was one of the leading drivers of the ESL. Much more so than Liverpool. And Madrid still desperately want it.

‘Warrier Poets’ 😬

The Ultimate Worrier
17 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I’m not a Liverpool fan. I was just pointing out that Real Madrid was one of the leading drivers of the ESL. Much more so than Liverpool. And Madrid still desperately want it.

‘Warrier Poets’ 😬

The English Premier League is a super league in name only. The money there in comparison with other leagues is bonkers.

21 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

The English Premier League is a super league in name only. The money there in comparison with other leagues is bonkers.

Maybe but in the last five CL Finals, six of the ten teams were English.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Which kind of backs up the previous posters comment regarding the ridiculous amount of money sloshing around the EPL 

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Which kind of backs up the previous posters comment regarding the ridiculous amount of money sloshing around the EPL 

Well, if you take the five Finals before that, the same stat applies, but Spanish teams. 6 out of 10.

There's money sloshing about in all the big teams in Europe.

Hence this Super League bollocks.

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Well, if you take the five Finals before that, the same stat applies, but Spanish teams. 6 out of 10.

There's money sloshing about in all the big teams in Europe.

Hence this Super League bollocks.

It seems to go in cycles. The Italians will dominate the next 5years.

I think Madrid's win along with Frankfurt and Roma puts the idea that the EPL is far superior to all other to bed yet again. 

Yes it's a great league and very competitive, but outwith Liverpool and Man City you can't see anyone Winning it for some time, they are head and shoulders above the rest, very similar picture to the other European Leagues.

The Ultimate Worrier
3 hours ago, Boab said:

I meant in all but name. Hadn't had my Weetabix yet when I typed that!

5 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I meant in all but name. Hadn't had my Weetabix yet when I typed that!

👍

The Ultimate Worrier
On 01/06/2022 at 11:50, ri Alban said:

Love the old Calcio. The Channel 4 coverage in the 90s was like a window to another world.

Ac Milan are the fastest growing club in Europe apparently no idea where I read that but thought I would mention it 

On 01/06/2022 at 11:50, ri Alban said:

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ac Milan are the fastest growing club in Europe apparently no idea where I read that but thought I would mention it 

Then after that, Scotland led by Hearts in the UCL. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 28/05/2022 at 23:11, McGlynn The Money said:

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on Kickback when I say, Hala Madrid!

I'm a Red so you don't speak for me, I'm afraid 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 01/06/2022 at 12:01, VALDOS' said:

I think Madrid's win along with Frankfurt and Roma puts the idea that the EPL is far superior to all other to bed yet again. 

Yes it's a great league and very competitive, but outwith Liverpool and Man City you can't see anyone Winning it for some time, they are head and shoulders above the rest, very similar picture to the other European Leagues.

Man City have only been runners up once in their history, Chelsea maybe more likely with 2 wins in the last 11 years.

Unknown user
On 01/06/2022 at 12:01, VALDOS' said:

While city attract Haaland, Liverpool's era is ending I reckon. They've been punching above their weight for money spent and as this batch ages and breaks up they need to spend to recycle and keep up. 

They'll face the new richest club in the world, plus Chelsea with new owners determined to make a mark and City with an actual striker.

The first two, plus Man Utd, are going to make the market for top players very competitive, so even if they're not yet rivals on the pitch they may well affect how well Liverpool are able to recruit I reckon.

McGlynn The Money
On 30/05/2022 at 23:26, Smithee said:

Fair play

VTsgKbM.gif

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

While city attract Haaland, Liverpool's era is ending I reckon. They've been punching above their weight for money spent and as this batch ages and breaks up they need to spend to recycle and keep up. 

They'll face the new richest club in the world, plus Chelsea with new owners determined to make a mark and City with an actual striker.

The first two, plus Man Utd, are going to make the market for top players very competitive, so even if they're not yet rivals on the pitch they may well affect how well Liverpool are able to recruit I reckon.

:what:

The Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Danj Carvajal taking over as club captain from Marcello next season. 

Bit of a kick in the balls to Benzema who was the captain for most of the season.

On 02/06/2022 at 17:50, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Love the old Calcio. The Channel 4 coverage in the 90s was like a window to another world.

Loved the Italian football.

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

If Italy, Spain and England were on a level financial playing field. Italy and Spain would be the main attraction. Milan, Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona up against Chelsea, Man C and Newcastle. Only Man Utd could compete against those Giants if they all had the same dosh. Imo

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

👍Best sports theme tune ever, except the 86 itv world cup/saint and greavsie. 

Loved the American football on 4 , anaw. The bull snort at the 4 icon. 

:yas:

Edited by ri Alban

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Danj Carvajal taking over as club captain from Marcello next season. 

One of an elite group of players to have played in and won five Champions League Finals. Benzema, Modric and Ronaldo being the others. A certain wee cheat who plays for PSG now has five medals but only actually played in four of the finals, for example.

On 28/05/2022 at 23:16, Wee Mikey said:

Real 'keeper MOM. Almost as good as Gordon. Sign him now as an understudy.

The funniest thing about this post is that it isn't actually that funny. 

The Real keeper made nine saves, eight of which you are paid to do. 

Gordon makes saves no one else could do. 

That's the difference. 

McGlynn The Money
On 03/06/2022 at 10:19, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm a Red so you don't speak for me, I'm afraid 

Even as a Red you can still reach out to Real Madrid to congratulate them. I've had many Reds doing just that in recent days, kent mean?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Even as a Red you can still reach out to Real Madrid to congratulate them. I've had many Reds doing just that in recent days, kent mean?

Have ye, aye?

6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

When I was a wee guy , I loved Liverpool(King Kenny) and Real Madrid cause ma Da loved Puskas(His favourite player) and De Stefano, and never tired of telling me about them winning at Hampden.  

I don't really mind who wins now, but like with the England national team , I'd probably have wanted Liverpool to win, until their media start with their narcissist bullcrap, then I moved more to Real. Then I remember Benzema the sex pest (Allegedly) and regret my decision. Real has had a few in their time, one now back at Man U. 

Anyway, c'mon Hearts, let's play Real soon and see who Mcglynn the Money wants to win.

Edited by ri Alban

vegas-voss

As always it's the English media that do my tits in.Even after Real had knocked out City and everyone else it was a case in the media well Liverpool will show them.Just a total disregard for some of the great young and old players Real have.They just expect Salah to wipe the floor with them.

Bazzas right boot

Thread should be renamed "plastic fan/ sky fan boy" thread. 

All the folk that "support" other teams can argue about the "reds" and the "galaticos" till their wee fan boy hearts are content. 

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Thread should be renamed "plastic fan/ sky fan boy" thread. 

All the folk that "support" other teams can argue about the "reds" and the "galaticos" till their wee fan boy hearts are content. 

:clap:

McGlynn The Money
On 28/05/2022 at 23:11, McGlynn The Money said:

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on Kickback when I say, Hala Madrid!

On 29/05/2022 at 14:20, Morgan said:

:yas:

Make your mind up Morgs! Only a few days ago you were celebrating the OP. Gonna have to start calling you Bucks Fizz... ;)

The Ultimate Worrier
On 03/06/2022 at 19:33, ri Alban said:

Loved the Italian football.

Great football, top theme tune and James Richardson was the perfect host.

McGlynn The Money
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Majestic. Don Florentino welcoming the greatest prize in club football back to its rightful home.

Five times in the last 8 years, that's as many as Barça has won in its entire history. Incredible.

Of course, it's all about the money though...

20220608_192818.jpg