Congratulations Real Madrid

McGlynn The Money

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't understand (well I do) how people can't appreciate Madrid's passing. 

If you look how they pass under pressure. They don't always get it right but they don't seem to care. 

Madrid are always looking to attack. I think Liverpool are exceptional in pressing so they were up against the best there. But it was always going to be the case they would pass through Liverpool to score. 

When Liverpool were throwing everybody forward in the last 15 minutes, Real had three breakaways with 3 or 4 against 2! Their fabulous passing let them down and they fluffed every chance! 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

While the only proper comparison is between Courtois and Craig Gordon you can see the potential in controlling a game. Something a lot of fans don't like. 

My big criticism of Madrid is they seem lax at times but Liverpool's excellent press kept them on their toes. 

They have very good attacking players. They have kind of been under the radar but the combination of youth and experience is their strength. I think not getting Mbappe (till 2025) helps them. Vinicius Junior who plays in Mbappe's position now has the place in team and they are signing good young players. 

Just the replacement for Modric to find. 

Controlling a game. 

Nah, they defended deep and played on the counter. 

Liverpool controlled large parts of the game. 

They relyed on the other team missing their chances, their goalie playing well and being clinical when the did get forward. 

It worked for them, but they are a team that cost hundreds of millions to assemble and have a annual wage budget of about £175m.

Not some diddy team, they should be expected to win these games, and they did. 

Well done but they never controlled the game. 

They done the same v City. 

I think it's more than luck, but they certainly had their share of luck. 

Screenshot_20220529_133702_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

When Liverpool were throwing everybody forward in the last 15 minutes, Real had three breakaways with 3 or 4 against 2! Their fabulous passing let them down and they fluffed every chance! 🤷‍♂️

14th European Cup though. 

And it was a cross. 

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

What did you expect them to do? Would you expect them to let the game flow to give Liverpool a chance to equalise? If it was Hearts under siege with 10 minutes left hanging on to defend a 1 goal lead against the OF in a Cup Final, what would you want us to do ? Attack and let the game flow from end to end?

Some of our nuttier fans would expect just that. 

Remember we only lost the Scottish Cup because we didn't pummel The Rangers for 90 minutes 😁

15 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on Kickback when I say, Hala Madrid!

:yas:

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

14th European Cup though. 

And it was a cross. 

Yes 14th win 👏

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Some of our nuttier fans would expect just that. 

Remember we only lost the Scottish Cup because we didn't pummel The Rangers for 90 minutes 😁

66EEDAAC-7555-416E-9015-A517EEAF04E8.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Controlling a game. 

They relyed on the other team missing their chances, their goalie playing well and being clinical when the did get forward. 

It worked for them, but they are a team that cost hundreds of millions to assemble and have a annual wage budget of about £175m.

Spot on! 👍

PortyBeach
6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

There's always one...

Look up Atlético Madrid's history (or Atlético Aviación as they were known in Franco's day as they were the team of Franco's Air Force).

Look up Franco clearing Barca's debts to save them from going bust.

Look at how Madrid's stadium was destroyed during the civil war and Santiago Bernabéu had to rebuild the club from scratch with no help from anyone, certainly not Franco. Look how Bernabéu banned Millán Astray, one of Franco's top men from the stadium.

Franco benefited much more from Madrid's success internationally than it benefited from him.

I could go on. Here endeth the lessen.

Not my words - as I’m sure you’ll have realised. 
As to the Franco connection, I’m sure this is exaggerated by fans of other clubs. After all, it’s not a flattering association is it? You can see why rival fans might want to do this, though.

On the other hand, can links with Franco be entirely dismissed?

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

They must be gutted. Imagine only winning 14th trophy by 1-0. Still, it was enough against a shit Liverpool, who once again bottled it.

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Controlling a game. 

Nah, controlled it pretty much from start to finish. Luis Díaz well marshalled the whole game, Mane just vanished and Salah reduced to snatching at half chances from distance. Despite the "philosophy" of folk like Pep and Klopp, having a lot of the ball does not mean you're controlling the game, especially if you don't do much with it.

Real Madrid, the 14 times winners let's not forget, scored one goal and had another wrongly disallowed. Couple or great saves from Courtois near the end when things got frantic but Madrid had some chances to kill the game off too.

They've beaten PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. To claim that's all down to luck is just bitterness or stupidity.

14 hours ago, chrisg8 said:

Worst team since Liverpool 2005 to win it FACT

PSG, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Hardly duff sides! Maybe not as flamboyant as old Real teams but still a decent outfit.

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Mate, they beat the Italian champions, French champions, reigning European champions, Premier League champions & then six-time European Champions Liverpool in the final 😂

Yet they are shit/lucky according to the footballing geniuses on here.

Maybe, just maybe, they are a side that know how to win, especially when it comes to finals.

been here before
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Real and their fans rightly won’t give a toss about my opinion.

So we can add that to the twirly, being fan owned, having a superior derby record and being the establishment team to the list of things Real have copied from Hearts and the support then.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

So we can add that to the twirly, being fan owned, having a superior derby record and being the establishment team to the list of things Real have copied from Hearts and the support then.

Well, obviously.

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

While the only proper comparison is between Courtois and Craig Gordon you can see the potential in controlling a game. Something a lot of fans don't like. 

My big criticism of Madrid is they seem lax at times but Liverpool's excellent press kept them on their toes. 

They have very good attacking players. They have kind of been under the radar but the combination of youth and experience is their strength. I think not getting Mbappe (till 2025) helps them. Vinicius Junior who plays in Mbappe's position now has the place in team and they are signing good young players. 

Andy Irving waiting for the phonecall

Bazzas right boot
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Nah, controlled it pretty much from start to finish. Luis Díaz well marshalled the whole game, Mane just vanished and Salah reduced to snatching at half chances from distance. Despite the "philosophy" of folk like Pep and Klopp, having a lot of the ball does not mean you're controlling the game, especially if you don't do much with it.

Real Madrid, the 14 times winners let's not forget, scored one goal and had another wrongly disallowed. Couple or great saves from Courtois near the end when things got frantic but Madrid had some chances to kill the game off too.

They've beaten PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. To claim that's all down to luck is just bitterness or stupidity.

I clearly said it's not all down to luck, yet you go the other way. Do you read posts or just go straight to the emotional slavering stage?

They countered and defended well. 

Liverpool missed their chances and Madrid done well.

Defending and countering are a way to play and win games, it's not a new thing. It's a bit surprising that a team that has spent hundreds of millions on players and has a wage bill bigger than their opponents needs to to revert to such tactics as they fear getting taken apart, but defending deep and countering can be an effective way to win a game. 

But imo they never controlled the game, Liverpool did and will see that as a missed opportunity. 

Don't take your chances then that can happen tho, we set up the same way v rangers, but rangers did eventually take a chance and we don't have the resources of rangers ( Madrid have more than Liverpool) to maybe approach a game like that and be Victorious. 

I have little feeling towards the millionaires of Liverpool or Madrid, only tuned in as I thought it would be a good game, but Madrid bogged the game down and Tbh it was a bit shite, but fair play to them. 

The first half was boring as ****, but if you "support" Madrid then the tactics worked. 

They won the way they felt they could, and they did. 

Reminded me of a early mourinho team. 

14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Not my words - as I’m sure you’ll have realised. 
As to the Franco connection, I’m sure this is exaggerated by fans of other clubs. After all, it’s not a flattering association is it? You can see why rival fans might want to do this, though.

On the other hand, can links with Franco be entirely dismissed?

It’s an obvious stick to beat Real Madrid with but it’s not based in fact. The fascists murdered the clubs Vice President and treasurer once they seized control of the country. The president managed to flee to Paris. Thereafter Franco used Madrid for his own purposes and who in their right mind was going to oppose that at boardroom level? 

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I clearly said it's not all down to luck, yet you go the other way. Do you read posts or just go straight to the emotional slavering stage?

They countered and defended well. 

Liverpool missed their chances and Madrid done well.

Defending and countering are a way to play and win games, it's not a new thing. It's a bit surprising that a team that has spent hundreds of millions on players and has a wage bill bigger than their opponents needs to to revert to such tactics as they fear getting taken apart, but defending deep and countering can be an effective way to win a game. 

But imo they never controlled the game, Liverpool did and will see that as a missed opportunity. 

Don't take your chances then that can happen tho, we set up the same way v rangers, but rangers did eventually take a chance and we don't have the resources of rangers ( Madrid have more than Liverpool) to maybe approach a game like that and be Victorious. 

I have little feeling towards the millionaires of Liverpool or Madrid, only tuned in as I thought it would be a good game, but Madrid bogged the game down and Tbh it was a bit shite, but fair play to them. 

The first half was boring as ****, but if you "support" Madrid then the tactics worked. 

They won the way they felt they could, and they did. 

Reminded me of a early mourinho team. 

"but they certainly had their share of luck." Do you read your own posts?

You seem very bitter about a result you profess not to care about. One team had the ball in the net twice, the other huffed and puffed with nothing to show for it. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s an obvious stick to beat Real Madrid with but it’s not based in fact. The fascists murdered the clubs Vice President and treasurer once they seized control of the country. The president managed to flee to Paris. Thereafter Franco used Madrid for his own purposes and who in their right mind was going to oppose that at boardroom level? 

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot

Comparisons to Hearts... 

Madrid are £800m in debt, they have more in common with Rangers. 

Spend more than you have then hope you get bailed out when the shit hits the fan. 

Not the only one tho, the debt of the Spanish clubs is ridiculous. 

Comparisons to Hearts... 

Spend more than you have then hope you get bailed out when the shit hits the fan. 

Folk are just having a laugh. Stop getting all emotional 😂 

Debt is fine if it’s manageable. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

"but they certainly had their share of luck." Do you read your own posts?

You seem very bitter about a result you profess not to care about. One team had the ball in the net twice, the other huffed and puffed with nothing to show for it. 

:spoton:

You missed the first part of the sentence out ffs. 

I started that with " I think it's more than luck, but" 

🙃

Ofc there was a bit luck, every cup win does and if you rely on defence and the other team not scoring then there is an element of luck as you can't control the other teams finishing. 

Anyway, you seem way too emotionally invested in a team full of Spanish millionaires to have a discussion with. 

I'll let you continue to praise them. 

Eh, enjoy "your" cup win

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

😂😂

The last sentence is a life hack. 🙄

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🙃

Ofc there was a bit luck, every cup win does and if you rely on defence and the other team not scoring then there is an element of luck as you can't control the other teams finishing. 

Anyway, you seem way too emotionally invested in a team full of Spanish millionaires to have a discussion with. 

Eh, enjoy "your" cup win

He'll Stendel the whole place on Madrid if he's not careful

Trent Alexander Arnold was ****ing hopeless. You can see why Southgate doesn’t fancy him, great going forward, cannae defend for toffee.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Comparisons to Hearts... 

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Where are you reading emotion? Seemed a fair post to me

PortyBeach
9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

When you say “not based in fact”, are you referring to an association with Franco?

Surely not, because you go on to say “Franco used Madrid for his own purposes…”

So you appear to be agreeing with the idea that RM having links with Franco is not entirely baseless.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smithee said:

Where are you reading emotion? Seemed a fair post to me

Tbf, I think he's just having a laugh. 

😂😂

The last sentence is a life hack. 🙄

Madrid did make the game a bit dull in the first half but they recognised Liverpool can blow teams away early and dealt with that. I enjoyed watching how comfortable both teams were on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

When you say “not based in fact”, are you referring to an association with Franco?

Surely not, because you go on to say “Franco used Madrid for his own purposes…”

So you appear to be agreeing with the idea that RM having links with Franco is not entirely baseless.

I’m saying they didn’t have a choice with those links. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He'll Stendel the whole place on Madrid if he's not careful

I'm out anyway, as I hate arguing with "fans" of other teams, I just thought Liverpool controlled the game but Madrid defended well and scored the goal.

I'm not sure how someone can watch that game and say Madrid were in control. 

1st half  especially I thought they were poor and very negative, 2nd half they improved. 

Played a good defensive and countering game-well done them. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, I think he's just having a laugh. 

I was. 😀

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Madrid did make the game a bit dull in the first half but they recognised Liverpool can blow teams away early and dealt with that. I enjoyed watching how comfortable both teams were on the ball. 

They did play better second half. 

The killed the game and played to their strength. 

Fair doos. 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

:laugh2: couldn't help laughing at that!

See, this is where Spurs went wrong, should have replaced Modric.

Upstairs for thinking...

17 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Gutted for my nephew who was there tonight. He was also at Hampden last week got married the weekend before and was at the FA cup final the week before that, quite a month for him.

Sorry, gutted for both my nephews before the yin wi Southport in his name sticks his neb in.

Jeezo, what a disastrous few weeks, FA cup aside 👀

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I got all emotional :(

Happens to us all. 

🤣

McGlynn The Money
30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🙃

Eh, enjoy "your" cup win

Luck has nothing to do with it. That's just en accuse for bad losers. 

Anyway, I'm trying to enjoy the celebrations on Real Madrid TV so please take your jealousy and bitterness elsewhere.

Hala Madrid.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Luck has nothing to do with it. That's just en accuse for bad losers. 

Anyway, I'm trying to enjoy the celebrations on Real Madrid TV so please take your jealousy and bitterness elsewhere.

Hala Madrid.

Enjoy. 

🤷‍♂️

No idea why you'd think a Hearts fan from Edinburgh in Scotland is bitter and jealous of Real Madrid, but as you were. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They must be gutted. Imagine only winning 14th trophy by 1-0. Still, it was enough against a shit Liverpool, who once again bottled it.

Hardly “shit” but rant away! 🤣

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Enjoy. 

🤷‍♂️

No idea why you'd think a Hearts fan from Edinburgh in Scotland is bitter and jealous of Real Madrid, but as you were. 

There’s been some crackers on here Tosh! 🤣🤣

McGlynn The Money
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Enjoy. 

🤷‍♂️

Just a wee joke my pal. Have a good one.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

There’s been some crackers on here Tosh! 🤣🤣

Irony...

1 hour ago, been here before said:

9F154261-9AB2-4368-B686-4769CF0521E7.jpeg

Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Irony...

Original…… 👏

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Said Sir David Murray…..

18 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

From one owned fan club to another, congratulations to Real Madrid. The greatest club in the world proving yet again that the good guys can still come out on top.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on Kickback when I say, Hala Madrid!

Real Madrid are the good guys? Personally I couldn’t care less that they won.

10 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Think it’s more the case for some on here that Liverpool are the bad guys…..

McGlynn The Money
39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Original…… 👏

Real Madrid, the original champions if Europe.

31 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Maybe this isn't the thread for you then buddy. This is a 100% positive thread in favour of Real Madrid. Negativity not welcome.