Congratulations Real Madrid

McGlynn The Money

Liverpool are a great side no doubt about it but they’ve been beaten in the two major competitions by 2 very different types of teams both outstanding at what they do, it must be a bit of a concern for Klopp. Even the Chelsea cup final was touch and go. 

Man City without a striker beat them to the title, have already strengthen and not just Haaland they’ve signed some young Argentinian striker who’s highly rated and will no doubt strengthen further. City play similar to Liverpool and proved the better side over the season.

Madrid the exact opposite in Europe, compact, mentally tough and street wise, allowed Liverpool the ball but shut them out when it mattered. And more than most teams exploited the weaknesses in that Liverpool side and really exposed them at times. 

The worry for Klopp is how he strengthens that side to get them ahead of the rest domestically and in Europe. He simply can’t keep buying forwards, the midfield is over loaded but perhaps a few defenders required. 

I think the EPL will be strong next season, with City, Chelsea, Man U and perhaps Spurs ready to spend again. Even that young Arsenal side with a season behind them may improve. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• Mikey1874

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Real Madrid, the original champions if Europe.

Maybe this isn't the thread for you then buddy. This is a 100% positive thread in favour of Real Madrid. Negativity not welcome.

This is a 100% positive thread in favour of Real Madrid. Negativity not welcome.”

Well, perhaps. But surely people are entitled to their own views?

If you don’t accept that, then perhaps it’s you who needs to consider whether this is “the thread for you”

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

This is a 100% positive thread in favour of Real Madrid. Negativity not welcome.”

If you don’t accept that, then perhaps it’s you who needs to consider whether this is “the thread for you”

Possibly mate, or maybe what I said was ever so slightly tongue in cheek. I knew there was a good chance that some grumpy buggers would come along to try and piss on the proverbial paella. Absolutely not a problem though.

Hala Madrid!

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Think it’s more the case for some on here that Liverpool are the bad guys…..

I think the fuds who are Madrid fanbois are the wee hun lite ******s who stink up Tynie with their UJs.

PortyBeach
7 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Possibly mate, or maybe what I said was ever so slightly tongue in cheek. I knew there was a good chance that some grumpy buggers would come along to try and piss on the proverbial paella. Absolutely not a problem though.

Hala Madrid!

Hey, if you’re enjoying the victory then good for you.

I suppose I do qualify for the “grumpy bugger” description on occasion… 😀

McGlynn The Money
25 minutes ago, briever said:

I think the fuds who are Madrid fanbois are the wee hun lite ******s who stink up Tynie with their UJs.

Yet another terrible and informed opinion from your good self. Just dreadful.

The Hogfather

Being happy at a Real Madrid cup win is certainly more understandable than being happy about a Hibs cup win. Might just be me though.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I clearly said it's not all down to luck, yet you go the other way. Do you read posts or just go straight to the emotional slavering stage?

They countered and defended well. 

Liverpool missed their chances and Madrid done well.

Defending and countering are a way to play and win games, it's not a new thing. It's a bit surprising that a team that has spent hundreds of millions on players and has a wage bill bigger than their opponents needs to to revert to such tactics as they fear getting taken apart, but defending deep and countering can be an effective way to win a game. 

But imo they never controlled the game, Liverpool did and will see that as a missed opportunity. 

Don't take your chances then that can happen tho, we set up the same way v rangers, but rangers did eventually take a chance and we don't have the resources of rangers ( Madrid have more than Liverpool) to maybe approach a game like that and be Victorious. 

I have little feeling towards the millionaires of Liverpool or Madrid, only tuned in as I thought it would be a good game, but Madrid bogged the game down and Tbh it was a bit shite, but fair play to them. 

The first half was boring as ****, but if you "support" Madrid then the tactics worked. 

They won the way they felt they could, and they did. 

Reminded me of a early mourinho team. 

Madrid haven't spent much in comparison to the other top teams. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thier wage budget is huge tho. 

Hardly David slaying goliath. 

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liverpool are fond of the same flex

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Well said Porty! 👍

SpruceBringsteen

People who support a club other than Heart of Midlothian are ****ing oddballs.

And I should say "support"

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

People who support a club other than Heart of Midlothian are ****ing oddballs.

And I should say "support"

TBF, both my nephews are Southport Reds but through their father have grown up with maroon and white in their blood also.

Both were there last weekend and 10 years ago.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

SpruceBringsteen

One club was good enough for Dave Mackay, one club is good enough for me.

Odd thread. Congratulations to one team of millionaires who are part of the financial **** around that is modern football for beating another team of millionaires, winning a competition that only a handful of teams are ever realistically going to be able to win.  Same teams in it just about every year, and that's been the case for decades. 

Real Madrid winning the Champions League is like Celtic winning the Scottish Premiership - hardly a surprise, and not worth shouting about on here. 

McGlynn The Money
14 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Being happy at a Real Madrid cup win is certainly more understandable than being happy about a Hibs cup win. Might just be me though.

Exactly. Apparently, supporting Hibs in a final or constantly trying to start arguments on here about Robbie Neilson is fine, but a thread about a Spanish team winning a European Cup is not on. Very odd.

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

True. Last big signing was Hazard three years ago. Folk can talk about high earners but some of the highest earnera like Bale, Hazard, Isco and Marcelo have been bit part players at best this season.

You get the best players to win games, not always play the best football. Madrid's weak point is their defence and Liverpool's strongest point is their attack. Playing an open game would have been suicide so they adjusted and did what they needed to win.

A team that put three past PSG, five past Chelsea and six past Man City is definitely not boring.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Odd thread. Congratulations to one team of millionaires who are part of the financial **** around that is modern football for beating another team of millionaires, winning a competition that only a handful of teams are ever realistically going to be able to win.  Same teams in it just about every year, and that's been the case for decades. 

Real Madrid winning the Champions League is like Celtic winning the Scottish Premiership - hardly a surprise, and not worth shouting about on here. 

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, geezo...

11 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, geezo...

Not even slightly, I just hate the way the elite competitions are completely out of reach for clubs like us due to the disgusting amount of money creating a completely closed circuit.

They can afford to pay Gareth Bale, only one of their 25 squad players, more than half a million pounds a week not to bother playing for them.  Half a million pounds in a season is two or three players for us.

A real achievement would be a "smaller" club winning the Champions League, not a team that have done it 13 times before this one.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

True. Last big signing was Hazard three years ago. Folk can talk about high earners but some of the highest earnera like Bale, Hazard, Isco and Marcelo have been bit part players at best this season.

They spent 355m that year on fees alone for Hazard, Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrigo and Reinier.

Seymour M Hersh

I doubt the OP has even been to the Bernabau Stadium Tour let alone see them win the European Cup/CL in person

McGlynn The Money
31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Not even slightly, I just hate the way the elite competitions are completely out of reach for clubs like us due to the disgusting amount of money creating a completely closed circuit.

They can afford to pay Gareth Bale, only one of their 25 squad players, more than half a million pounds a week not to bother playing for them.  Half a million pounds in a season is two or three players for us.

A real achievement would be a "smaller" club winning the Champions League, not a team that have done it 13 times before this one.

So by that logic nobody should be congratulated for anything. Hearts finished third and are guaranteed group stage football but a real achievement would be Forres Mechanics doing it...

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They spent 355m that year on fees alone for Hazard, Jovic, Militao, Mendy, Rodrigo and Reinier.

And only Militao, Mendy and Rodrygo have been successes so far which makes this latest Champions League win even more special.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I doubt the OP has even been to th e Bernabau Stadium Tour let alone see them win the European Cup/CL in person

Wrong! I absolutely adore the Rojiblancos and have been to Barcelona more times than you've had hot dinners.

Visca el Atleti!

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

So by that logic nobody should be congratulated for anything.

Now you're getting it, especially teams like Real Madrid.

McGlynn The Money
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Now you're getting it, especially teams like Real Madrid.

I bet you don't even celebrate when Hearts score and just sit there finding fault with anything and anyone. Joyless.

LochcarronJambo

Horrendous treatment from Liverpool fans when went to Anfield to see Hearts….I for one was thrilled when they lost on Saturday 

McGlynn The Money
28 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Horrendous treatment from Liverpool fans when went to Anfield to see Hearts….I for one was thrilled when they lost on Saturday 

I remember speaking to one in Digger's before the first leg and his opening gambit was "We identify more with Glasgow, people from Edinburgh are snobs."

**** the lot of them.

17 hours ago, briever said:

Wouldn't Madrid be a bit too Catholic for them?

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Exactly. Part of their title celebration yesterday was taking the trophy to the Catholic Cathedral in Madrid. That poster hasn't got a clue.

36 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I'm no great fan of Liverpool but they were fine that trip.

I bet you don't even celebrate when Hearts score and just sit there finding fault with anything and anyone. Joyless.

How am I supposed to savour my prawn sandwich if I'm jumping about shouting like a ruffian?  Plus, my tartan blanket will fall to the ground.

None of the players are good enough to deserve support anyway, the seats are too small, and I don't like how many people there are in the stadium at one time.  It seems like a health and safety risk.

PortyBeach

I remember speaking to one in Digger's before the first leg and his opening gambit was "We identify more with Glasgow, people from Edinburgh are snobs."

**** the lot of them.

There are eejits everywhere who buy into stereotyping others.

I bet he didn’t do irony either. So, if you’d replied “everyone from Liverpool is a criminal”, no doubt he’d have been mightily offended…

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Remember the Huns reaction when the Madrid fascists were cracking Catalan skulls?

Unknown user
4 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

And only Militao, Mendy and Rodrygo have been successes so far which makes this latest Champions League win even more special.

Kills the narrative that they haven't spent much though

20 hours ago, briever said:

Aye, Real Madrid should really play in orange.

Well researched.

:vrface:

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aye, Real Madrid should really play in orange.

Well researched.

:vrface:

051A47C1-F638-4A7A-BB8E-B18180122F25.jpeg

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

How am I supposed to savour my prawn sandwich if I'm jumping about shouting like a ruffian?  Plus, my tartan blanket will fall to the ground.

None of the players are good enough to deserve support anyway, the seats are too small, and I don't like how many people there are in the stadium at one time.  It seems like a health and safety risk.

I'm with you on that. Mr Pressley was right when he said they should be applauding us.

1 hour ago, briever said:

Remember the Huns reaction when the Madrid fascists were cracking Catalan skulls?

I think, yet again, you are showing that you don't know what you're talking about. Please explain to which incidents you refer.

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Kills the narrative that they haven't spent much though

I said the last big signing was Hazard three years ago and that's true. Many teams have spent as much, or far more, in the last decade. Most of them have not come as close to winning the Champions League once, let alone the number of times fan owned Real Madrid have won it.

Look at all that filthy oil cash that City and PSG chuck about and they still can't get their hands on it.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:rofl:

You take my point though, Des?

:biggrin:

Ah yes. All that’s really gone on here is McGlynn has been fishing since Saturday night and some have had a bite. 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I said the last big signing was Hazard three years ago and that's true. Many teams have spent as much, or far more, in the last decade. Most of them have not come as close to winning the Champions League once, let alone the number of times fan owned Real Madrid have won it.

Look at all that filthy oil cash that City and PSG chuck about and they still can't get their hands on it.

You were also agreeing with the guy who said Madrid haven't spent much in comparison to the other top teams. 

Libertarian

I believe that General Franco was a big fan of Real Madrid and Mussolini was a Lazio fan. Not sure about Hitler, he was always a killjoy!

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You were also agreeing with the guy who said Madrid haven't spent much in comparison to the other top teams. 

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/man-utd-city-and-psg-spend-over-1b-net-on-transfers-in-10-years

Madrid don’t even make the top 20 in terms of net spend in the last ten years. Mental. 

McGlynn The Money
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And I stand by that.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a positive thread paying tribute to the greatest club in the world outwith Heart of Midlothian. As usual, the negative Nellie's on here have tried to piss all over it with their miserable agenda. That's their prerogative but they won't steal my sunshine, nor, more importantly, the sunshine of Real Madrid.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/man-utd-city-and-psg-spend-over-1b-net-on-transfers-in-10-years

Madrid don’t even make the top 20 in terms of net spend in the last ten years. Mental. 

That is quite mental actually, but they still spent 335m on transfer fees in one summer 3 years ago before covid hit everyone.

Unknown user
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

And I stand by that.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a positive thread paying tribute to the greatest club in the world outwith Heart of Midlothian. As usual, the negative Nellie's on here have tried to piss all over it with their miserable agenda. That's their prerogative but they won't steal my sunshine, nor, more importantly, the sunshine of Real Madrid.

You can block me I don't mind!

I don't care for Madrid, and in fact I'd argue that more than most they're responsible for the NFL direction football's taking and the charge towards elite tier football breaking away.

So **** 'em and **** their achievements.

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That is quite mental actually, but they still spent 335m on transfer fees in one summer 3 years ago before covid hit everyone.

None so blind...

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You can block me I don't mind!

I don't care for Madrid, and in fact I'd argue that more than most they're responsible for the NFL direction football's taking and the charge towards elite tier football breaking away.

So **** 'em and **** their achievements.

Why would I block you? Just having a wee laugh, not everything on here has to be deadly serious. I'm a season ticket holder at Tynie and a FoH member. I love and admire Real Madrid too for many reasons but fully appreciate they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

None so blind...

Why would I block you? Just having a wee laugh, not everything on here has to be deadly serious. I'm a season ticket holder at Tynie and a FoH member. I love and admire Real Madrid too for many reasons but fully appreciate they're not everyone's cup of tea.

I wasn't seriously suggesting you should block me either.

Elite club football can sook ma willy

2 hours ago, briever said:

No. Enlighten me.

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't care for Madrid, 

So **** 'em

:yas: 

Edited by Des Lynam

PortyBeach

And I stand by that.

You maybe need to accept that perhaps, just perhaps, not everyone on here shares your enthralment with all things Real Madrid.

Come to terms with that, and all your angst about negativity, etc, from others will simply evaporate. Trust me…

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I wasn't seriously suggesting you should block me either.

Elite club football can sook ma willy

Well that's certainly one way of voicing your disapproval.

14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You maybe need to accept that perhaps, just perhaps, not everyone on here shares your enthralment with all things Real Madrid.

Come to terms with that, and all your angst about negativity, etc, from others will simply evaporate. Trust me…

You maybe need to accept that perhaps, just perhaps, I'm not being completely serious and that perhaps, just perhaps, you're taking it all a bit seriously. It's only a game after all.

Hala Madrid nonetheless.

LochcarronJambo
6 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm no great fan of Liverpool but they were fine that trip.

Not what I and my group experienced, getting abused & attacked on a bus by the ground, for no reason