Robbie Neilson Tactics

Walter Bishop

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

When I saw the title of this thread I knew what posters would be all over it, I wasn't wrong 

It’s a pity Neilson doesn’t have the same foresight.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Malinga the Swinga

• Bazzas right boot

frankblack
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a pity Neilson doesn’t have the same foresight.

:cornette:

Are you mystic meg?

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Robbie Neilson. One of the best Hearts managers of all time. The end.

:rofl:

ford donald
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

I thought we were fine for 70 minutes. We didn't create much in that time but neither did they.

We fell away badly after that and Rangers stepped it up.

Boyce was finished and Simms was down to fumes. Little to do with Neilson's tactics; more to do with a lack of fitness and Rangers having more stamina and quality. 

Found it strange,we looked knackered,they where all over us,after the marathon in spain.They deserve a lot of credit.

6 minutes ago, Australis said:

I like how he stood watching the zombies lifting the trophy just as JJ did back in the day.

JJ said watch it, feel the hurt and make sure it never happens again.

I hope I never see "tactics" like we watched today ever ever again.

Tactics, now there an idea, and imagine if you had thought about a plan B too.

Today was awful and I am hurting like feck.

#Tactics

#Plan 

#PlanB

Just imagine.

But you will see these tactics. 

Again and again. 

Just now, Nunya Business said:

This is a good day for the folk on here who love to see us lose. 

And it's a shite day for the folk who love to see us win.

Genuinely shocked Robbie went defensive and negative 

Didn’t have a go

I mean… who knew eh…🤦‍♂️

Its in his DNA. 

If we had played our usual game they would have destroyed us. They are lightning fast down the wings. Thought Neilson was spot on with tactics we could have nicked a goal and it would have been different. 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Genuinely shocked Robbie went defensive and negative 

Didn’t have a go

I mean… who knew eh…🤦‍♂️

Its in his DNA. 

Ah, I see you didn’t watch the game today. 

2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Found it strange,we looked knackered,they where all over us,after the marathon in spain.They deserve a lot of credit.

We've barely kicked a ball in the last month.  We also gave them the ball the whole match, it was a stroll in the park.  Opportunity was there to come flying out the blocks and get in their faces.

Imagine what Joe Savage could do for Hearts if he was working with a manager.

Sick to the back teeth of another 45 minute lack of fitness performance again today.

vegas-voss

Simple facts are they are just better than us and unfortunately I can only see the gap getting bigger.There was a 10 or year period where other teams had the chance to do well in cups but now I only see Rangers and Celtic slugging it out for honours as both will continue to spend to step up the challenge to each other.As always you need one of the Old Firm to be shit to have a chance unfortunately both are good now.

thecarnbeejambo

we seriously need to address our attacking players for next season, for most of the second half simms was left to chase balls that were simply punted up into their half with little or no hope of either catching it or creating anything if he did get hold of the ball. obviously boyce going off didnt help but that just shows our lack of options up front..simms may well go back to everton, g.m.s. is a waste of a jersey, ginnelly is a total imposter, woodburn.... enough said about him.. decent money coming into the club and with european fòotball next season it should not be difficult to attract a better class of player..apart from those players mentioned, a couple of others are due to return to their clubs after being on loan and apart from simms would we seriously miss them..oh well in robbie we trust?????

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Bye Robbie

Bye brawlad74

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Imagine what Joe Savage could do for Hearts if he was working with a manager.

Sick to the back teeth of another 45 minute lack of fitness performance again today.

Weird how the players who have been out injured in recent weeks weren’t fit. Quite the revelation. 

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It looked that way.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Away back to the piggery.

Still on my way back Radge and I'm no laughing 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Bye brawlad74

No meat and bite in that team

simplesimon

I thought we were doing fine until Boyce went off and he brought on Halliday who contributed sfa.  That was the time to go for it but we surrendered at that point.  Very strange substitution and then he did nothing to rectify the momentum loss.  We had to go for it the last 30 minutes, really think Neilson missed a chance today..  

Weakened Offender

Bottom line is a tired but very good Rangers team were better than us. Had they not been jaded it would have been messy for us. 

We have had a good season but we are miles behind the top two unfortunately. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, ford donald said:

I mean they don’t deserve any credit whatsoever. A squad of 5x the budget won a game they were the vast overwhelming favourites to win. It’s a chicken shoot. They’ve got £30m-40m a season to spend on wages and we’ve got £5m. How does that deserve credit? If they’d won the Europa, 100% credit and a big achievement just getting to a final. But an OF club winning domestically? zero credit due

6 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

If we had played our usual game they would have destroyed us. They are lightning fast down the wings. Thought Neilson was spot on with tactics we could have nicked a goal and it would have been different. 

How could we nick a goal when we never had a shot? Were we expecting an OG? 

Spine of our team bar Gordon was 60% fit at best. Tactics I think worked in normal time until the lack of fitness of our players coming back showed, we didn’t create much neither did they until last 15. Even then we kept them at bay well enough. 

Second goal so quickly just knocked stuffing out us. We open up then to have a go and prolly concede a couple more. 

Only real complaint was how poor all our set pieces were. 

Edited by Stone1992

Lee Plopp the new Hibs manager will already know, they sit in, most of the first halves and hope they get luck in the 2nd half.

Today it was back to front but still only 45 minutes of football.

Coaching staff needs a clear out.

So unfit It is awful, a team of professionals with only 45 minutes most of the time inside them.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Still on my way back Radge and I'm no laughing 

Away and sober up.  Alcohol clearly doesn't agree with you.

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Half out team wasn’t ****ing fit folks

****ing deal with it.

ig he’d picked Moore and Sibbick and we’d got beat in 90 mins you’d have hounded him as well:

Hearts fans are such srseholes at times*

*most of the time

Very much this. Such predictable pant wetting from some.

Onwards and upwards.

Anybody defending that second half needs to give their head a wobble. We need a coach/manager with bottle. Robbie is all

sugar until the biggy then sadly he soils himself. I really wish it wasn’t so

I want to see players finish important games, especially end-of-season cup finals like today, absolutely exhausted, having run themselves into the ground trying to get something out of the game. At times today we seemed to be strolling, content to try and mop up attack after attack. It was embarrassing. Almost as if getting to the cup final was enough in itself.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Away and sober up.  Alcohol clearly doesn't agree with you.

If you were on bus back you would know how difficult it is to get a beer. Fact you don't means you don't know a lot.. 

18 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

This is a good day for the folk on here who love to see us lose. 

There is a big difference between folk who want to see us lose and those who don't want to see us capitulate without giving it a real go.

14 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Aye, it did look like we were the team who'd gone to extra time in Spain.

The fitness levels must be improved in the summer.

Neilson deserves next season, imo.

Although I wouldn't greet in my beer if an upgrade happened.

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

This is just nonsense. We looked comfortable for most of the match. 

Proud of my team

Proud of our fans

Nothing more to be said!

HHGH ❤️

BEAF7FD6-37CF-4A04-AF3F-E4455D85297E.jpeg

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

There is a big difference between folk who want to see us lose and those who don't want to see us capitulate without giving it a real go.

Days like today happen. The sooner folk come to terms with that, the better for us all. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

If you were on bus back you would know how difficult it is to get a beer. Fact you don't means you don't know a lot.. 

I got the train and I'm nearly finished a pint in Haymarket. 👍

Today was pretty shite and we never really looked like scoring with conviction.

Corners, throw-ins, free kicks, counter attacks. All pish. That's Neilson's influence I'm afraid.

The players didn't look up for it and were lacking energy. Can't blame injuries for everything...

Салатные палочки

A lot of people need a guid sleep 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Days like today happen. The sooner folk come to terms with that, the better for us all. 

Having a philosophy like that effectively hands over control of your destiny to others and to happenstance. Are you saying that we did our best to win today?

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolute bollocks. 0 shots on goal in 120 mins is all about Neilsons defensive tactics. Contain contain contain instead of having a ****ing go. Embarrassing stuff. 

Just back - Hard to disagree. We didn't lay a glove on them, seriously pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This is just nonsense. We looked comfortable for most of the match. 

Even in the first half, where we were roughly on a par with Rangers, we offered them at least 2 gilt-edged chances which they didn't take. And it went downhill from that in the second half, even more so in extra time. In no way did we look "comfortable".

Was very very strange the way we went at it. We looked to be taking the game to them in spells of the first half. Second half we done absolutely nothing it was strange. 

Not sure what the plan was at all. We offered nothing. Shite to go all the way and then that's what we show in the final. 

We have had a brilliant season but as far as cup final performances go that was shocking. 

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I got the train and I'm nearly finished a pint in Haymarket. 👍

🍺👍

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Having a philosophy like that effectively hands over control of your destiny to others and to happenstance. Are you saying that we did our best to win today?

And getting bent out of shape after losing a game to a team that made it to a major European final isn’t going to win us the cup next year, is it?

Feel free to feel upset about the game, just realise some people are a bit more pragmatic about it. 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Did we not hit the post or did I imagine that? I mean we lost but your just wrong.

Imagine if we had managed to get out of our own half and won a free kick near the edge of the zombies box.

Kingsley might have given us a chance.