Robbie Neilson Tactics

Walter Bishop

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

It needs more than Forrest from Livingston to make the step up.

Honestly what was plan A today and what was plan B when plan A went belly up?

Gutted and hurting but to many come on and defend that today and it was pathetic.

On the very few occasions we did get men up the park today and in their half the minute they got the ball 5 passes later they nearly scored in each occasion 

That's the issue I have when folk say "aye, we lost the game because we didn't attack them". I don't know what the answer is - the hampdunk pitch is wide as anything and suits fast wide players 

We just don't have them in our squad - they have bassey' tavernier and Kent marauding the flanks and with gaps in behind. Like I said I don't know what the answer is but I know the reason that we lost that game today is that we are lightening years behind them in terms of quality 

F all to do with tactics 

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Malinga the Swinga

• Bazzas right boot

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely clueless. To get to back line, you need to get past their forwards and midfield. They changed half their team, then brought fresh players on for extra time. 

Their squad bigger and better than ours. 

That's why they hardly lose any games in Scotland, other than to Celtic, and got to s final in Europe 

Jeez, it isn't difficult to understand.

And what is It called to get past the further forward players, oh that’s right, tactics.

They brought on 2 players who had played 90 minutes in the sun not 120. 

No one is disputing they have better players but we showed nothing today and the only tactic we appeared to have was to soak up pressure from the,. You can’t do that. To win a game you need to show something, you can’t rely on the other team making a mistake, you have to create something yourself, and we really didn’t. That’s the tactical issue

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Your right, we should have forced Boyce to carry in playing, even if he couldn't move because he was injured.

Who was the sub that was going to make the difference? 

Our squad simply isn't strong enough when key players are injured.

Sorry, but replacing a number 10 with a sitting midfielder is a statement of intent.

I don’t particularly believe in any of the attacking options on the bench, but doing that was giving up the ghost! 

Just now, Marvin said:

Tactics were shite today. Performance was ok in first half and we looked knackered in the second half. Didn't even look like scoring today. 

Scary how much fitter the zombies looked.

Think our training and fitness sessions need looked at.

I know we had players back from injury but that was awful, the ball was like a boomerang coming back to us all day.

merseyjambo
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You didn't say on target, you said 0 shots.

I actually didn’t, I believe the post I was talking about said zero shots on goal and another poster was arguing that hitting post is a shot on goal.

Go read what was actually posted.

Just now, colinzeal said:

Sorry, but replacing a number 10 with a sitting midfielder is a statement of intent.

I don’t particularly believe in any of the attacking options on the bench, but doing that was giving up the ghost! 

Players too.  Atkinson looked heavy legged and overwhelmed.  Devlin sloppy, today proved we need to move on from Haring.  

Mackay hid but he’s going to play for Scotland.  👀

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is that the tactics you are using now.

Mate I’m sat on the bus gutted. Neilson imo is a shitebag. 
might have looked different on the telly. Goodnight. 

Tommy Brown
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don't believe it was tactics at all that lost us the game 

They are fast as f...especially on the break 

We sat in and pressed getting men behind the ball and then using Simms and Boyce as an outball to break 

First half it worked to a degree 

Problem was second half Boyce was obviously struggling and when he came off it left Simms who at that point was getting double marked out the game 

No out ball and we were hemmed in completely 

FFS - if we had came out and pressed and attacked they would have probably hit us on the break and scored way more goals than they did 

I'm as gutted as anyone but we lacked personnel options for the tactic. We couldn't bring anyone else on and who could hold the ball up in their half allowing the likes of McKay to get on the ball. 

Pretty much this.

Overrun by better players.

They Brought on subs that were better players than the ones going off.

We don't have that luxury.

5 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I did, and what I would call the target/goal is the bit between the posts, not the posts. But that’s my opinion. 

When you look at stats, stats say that we had zero shots on goal/target so I guess the experts think that as well

Simms had a shot on target during extra time that went out for a corner. A feeble effort, but I'll take it.

Why the feck did Robbie pull off a forward for a defensive midfielder?

Was he actually playing for pens??

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Simms had a shot on target during extra time that went out for a corner. A feeble effort, but I'll take it.

I believe they count as blocked shots for stat purposes

Just now, merseyjambo said:

I believe they count as blocked shots for stat purposes

No, I just looked it up. If it's a deflection going to the net it's a shot on goal. So I'm taking it. :)

I had a pile on earlier today for saying we only play for 45 minutes away from home too many times.

It happened again today and is constant from Robbie.

I am gutted, but expected what happened and I think Van Bronkhurst was expecting it too.

merseyjambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

No, I just looked it up. If it's a deflection going to the net it's a shot on goal. So I'm taking it. :)

OK, but be honest, do you think our tactics today gave any indication that we would have won that game

johnking123

Barrie just does not turn up in the big games. Players did not look fit and totally dropped out the game when Boyce went off.

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Why the feck did Robbie pull off a forward for a defensive midfielder?

Was he actually playing for pens??

It looked like he brought on Halliday to support Atty as he was getting ragdolled at the time 

The minute Boyce cake off we were stuffed but I think he was forced to bring him off as he was struggling 

If Boyce was half fit he would have finished the match. We went downhill when he came off the park

He was that crucial to what we were trying to do and we just didn't have any real options from the bench to change things 

We need to address this when we sign players for next season 

Just now, merseyjambo said:

OK, but be honest, do you think our tactics today gave any indication that we would have won that game

First half was very good. Then up until Boycie and Mackay went off , then it went to feck. But it's our first year of a rebuild. So surely we can't be to disappointed. 

Rangers were on overdrive from Wednesday and we've been farting about waiting for this for weeks. That's my only moan, we shouldn't have fecked about on the run up. 

Next season will good, especially with Europe and the extra dosh. We can now buy better than Atkinson.

mellors1874
Just now, Voxpop said:

Robbie Neilson. One of the best Hearts managers of all time. The end.

Bollocks 

We could have had Guardiola or Klopp in the dugout today and still wouldn't have won that match, as much as it hurts the bun players are just better than ours, outside of maybe 3 players Gordon, Souttar and Simms which is why 1 of them is going to them and the other 1 is still contracted to Everton, we need a better team, definitely need stronger and quicker full backs, a midfielder that actually looks to drive forward, and players up top who can hold the ball for longer than 2 seconds, we need better quality.

I would be binning GMS, Gino and Mceneff and bringing in better players, we need a very high quality replacement for souttar also and probably need at least 2 strikers, 2 wingers and a better number 10 as well.

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

120 minutes 0 shots on target. Absolutely impossible to not criticise Neilson here.

The player do the shooting, hopefully next season we'll have a striker alongside Simms.

3 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Robbie Neilson. One of the best Hearts managers of all time. The end.

Really?

Ron Burgundy
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

120 minutes 0 shots on target. Absolutely impossible to not criticise Neilson here.

Some folk see him as the messiah. 
Some folk lap up any old shite. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The player do the shooting, hopefully next season we'll have a striker alongside Simms.

So Neilson has nothing to do with how the team play?

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How do you hit the post if you don't have any shots on goal.

Isn't actually on target, you get nothing for hitting the post. 

The Treasurer

When I saw the title of this thread I knew what posters would be all over it, I wasn't wrong 

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We get our day, soon.

Its coming. We just need to keep up the pressure and make sure we're not losing silly games in the Cups. At the end of the day, if we can dodge the OF till at least the Semi/Final stage then we're a game or two away from success and anything can happen in a one off game. 

Real sickener but it is what it is. 

Just now, NLTFTh said:

Isn't actually on target, you get nothing for hitting the post. 

So we seen. But to say we didn't threaten their goal is utter bollox. We matched them til the end, then their quality took over. 

The Dragon Reborn
33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You're best not getting worked up about it, and don't bite to the Hibees on here.

You'll just end up getting banned, which is what they're after.

Sad behaviour but entirely expected by them 

This

frankblack
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

So Neilson has nothing to do with how the team play?

He can only piss with the cock he has.

Our players aren't fit enough or good enough.  Its that simple now if you can't handle the cold hard facts then support someone else who can.

The Dragon Reborn
19 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Boyce was playing on the right of a front three. Halliday played on the right of the front three. Stop talking pish 😂

Austin MacGlee

**** off. Proud of our team no matter what. Shitest way to lose but we can hold our heads up. **** the Huns, **** the Tim's and **** the Hubs!

Just now, frankblack said:

Our players aren't fit enough or good enough.  Its that simple now if you can't handle the cold hard facts then support someone else who can.

Does that mean we need new coaches and fitness routines?

The tired zombies, were far fitter and interested today.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Rangers brought on 4 subs all of whom would start for Hearts and 2 of them scored. But yes it was Neilson subbing off dead on his feet injured Boyce for Halliday, that really was the decisive factor :lol: 

sprinbox98

Shots on goal 22-5

shots on target 9-0

says it all really. And they were the team that played on 30 deg heat on Wednesday. We were blowing out our arse by 70 mins. Pathetic!!

Peakybunnet

On the train heading home. My take was after 90 minutes it was very even.  However we struggled in midfield with McKay and Haring not providing much. Bassey who is an animal of an athlete normally plays centre half took Atkinson to bits most of the game. 
we never looked like scoring and I was  hoping we would hold out for penalties until A wonder goal by Jack. After that we had no hope and the second confirmed it. 
I thought Souter and Halkett were immense all game. 

tiger Rudi
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Halliday for Boyce killed us.

Unfortunately Boyce was ****ed. His legs had gone. Without him, Simms was left isolated. Ginnelly offered nothing when he came on. 

8 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Boyce was playing on the right of a front three. Halliday played on the right of the front three. Stop talking pish 😂

Aye, that’s right, Andy Halliday is renowned for playing in that position and his forward play. 

I like how he stood watching the zombies lifting the trophy just as JJ did back in the day.

JJ said watch it, feel the hurt and make sure it never happens again.

I hope I never see "tactics" like we watched today ever ever again.

Tactics, now there an idea, and imagine if you had thought about a plan B too.

Today was awful and I am hurting like feck.

#Tactics

#Plan 

#PlanB

Just imagine.

I thought we were fine for 70 minutes. We didn't create much in that time but neither did they.

We fell away badly after that and Rangers stepped it up.

Boyce was finished and Simms was down to fumes. Little to do with Neilson's tactics; more to do with a lack of fitness and Rangers having more stamina and quality. 

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Neilson tired to bore them to death. 
Unsurprisingly it didn’t work.  

Fair comment.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
59 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Was he playing for penalties? First manager ever in a cup final to play for a draw. 

Robbie Neilson’s tactics got us in the group stages of Europe. 

Shut your hole.
Get pissed.

Stay off here and go to sleep for a few days.

frankblack
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Rangers brought on 4 subs all of whom would start for Hearts and 2 of them scored. But yes it was Neilson subbing off dead on his feet injured Boyce for Halliday, that really was the decisive factor :lol: 

Precisely.  Its incredible that the hard of thinking are overlooking that.  However  give that most of the posters were bone-fide Neilson haters and vermin stinking up this forum  for the past year, maybe not surprising.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Half out team wasn’t ****ing fit folks

****ing deal with it.

ig he’d picked Moore and Sibbick and we’d got beat in 90 mins you’d have hounded him as well:

Hearts fans are such srseholes at times*

*most of the time