Loyalty Points

lou

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, lou said:

You are taking one of my points in isolation,what about  points for donating £100 a month to FOH?  There are different levels of spending and loyality

Joshing aside, that's the crux of the matter.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• been here before

• The Hogfather

• lou

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Hogfather
Just now, lou said:

You are taking one of my points in isolation,what about  points for donating £100 a month to FOH?  There are different levels of spending and loyality

The Foundation provides its own benefits for subscribing. The LP scheme is designed to make sure those who attend fixtures every week get first refusal on tickets for high demand games. How would it be fair for someone who goes most weeks but misses out on a ticket for Hibs away because someone decided he can't be arsed attending away games but fancies this one instead?

Bob Loblaw

No danger should how much you donate to FoH effect how many LP's you get IMO.  The FoH is a great vehicle, but it's completely separate to what you spend following the club. Those who donate more, generally do so because they have the disposable income to do so, people shouldn't be at a disadvantage if they can't afford to. 

The benefits of LP's are access to games, therefore attending games is the only way they should be able to be gathered .

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The Foundation provides its own benefits for subscribing. The LP scheme is designed to make sure those who attend fixtures every week get first refusal on tickets for high demand games. How would it be fair for someone who goes most weeks but misses out on a ticket for Hibs away because someone decided he can't be arsed attending away games but fancies this one instead?

And that's why it would need to be a sliding scale so those who don't go to all the games don't miss out but those who do contribute to the club have a better chance of getting tickets than daytrippers who just fancy a day out a final with their mates

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, lou said:

And that's why it would need to be a sliding scale so those who don't go to all the games don't miss out but those who do contribute to the club have a better chance of getting tickets than daytrippers who just fancy a day out a final with their mates

And what's the scale? How do you counter the close season, where people aren't gaining points for away games but other's are accumulating them sat at home? Or the games where you don't get points, but others are still earning them sat at home? The scheme works fine the way it does, adding new ways for people to exploit it isn't helpful.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

And what's the scale? How do you counter the close season, where people aren't gaining points for away games but other's are accumulating them sat at home? Or the games where you don't get points, but others are still earning them sat at home? The scheme works fine the way it does, adding new ways for people to exploit it isn't helpful.

I would hardly call giving the club money exploiting anything, I am not saying I have all the answers but feel it's something worth exploring 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, lou said:

I would hardly call giving the club money exploiting anything, I am not saying I have all the answers but feel it's something worth exploring 

Like I said, the FOH already offer 'rewards' for subscribing. Offering LPs to folk who make no effort to attend away games is just daft.

Heartsmad1874

You'd end up over inflating the amount of points people have as you'd  have to award 5-10  loyalty points for every away game attended, as it can't just be as it is now if you add people buying merchandise and donating to the club rewards the same amount of  points that going to games gets you.

Non starter.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, lou said:

You appear confused by the word loyalty and the name loyalty points. If it was called attendance points would you have an issue? 

I'd wager those with high lp are the ones who spend the most on the club anyway. 

What you are basically asking for is a queue jump to tickets for spending money. So a well off fan can spend money in the shop and not attend away games and end up on the same points as the less well off guy who goes and supports the team. 

Scheme is fine anything else and it'll go the same way as hibs one did. 

The Gorgie

Our allocation at Hampden is bigger than our stadium. Don't know why people lose their shit all the time, those that deserve tickets to these kind of games will always get one. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Our allocation at Hampden is bigger than our stadium. Don't know why people lose their shit all the time, those that deserve tickets to these kind of games will always get one. 

Correct, not sure I agree with ST holders being able to buy one for a mate though, a mate that might not go to our games.

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

So say we've sold somewhere between 14-16K then add in the 7/8K that are waiting for phase two that don't have a ST but bought a ticket for the semi,  then add that those 14-16K who bought one in phase one are eligible for another, granted not all of that 14-16K will buy a second ticket but if you're not on the ball on Friday you'd miss out. 

Bob Loblaw
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

Correct, not sure I agree with ST holders being able to buy one for a mate though, a mate that might not go to our games.

I agree with this, but it seems to be being ignored those who went to the semi can also get 2. It should be 1 per person or if its 2 it should be open to everyone who's eligible. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I agree with this, but it seems to be being ignored those who went to the semi can also get 2. It should be 1 per person or if its 2 it should be open to everyone who's eligible. 

Yes that’s true about the semi. I think Hearts have got this one all wrong. Normally everyone that wants one would get one, not this year I don’t think.

Bob Loblaw
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Yes that’s true about the semi. I think Hearts have got this one all wrong. Normally everyone that wants one would get one, not this year I don’t think.

I still think they will or at least the vast majority. If you happened to not have a ST and couldn't make the semi, you'll know someone who is eligible and can get you a ticket. 

The Gorgie
21 minutes ago, smiler said:

I think the way we are doing it is to try and reduce rangers fans getting tickets in our end. If tickets go on general sale that will happen. Doing it the way we are makes it harder. My best mate is a rangers fan, he came to the semi with me, most of the folk on the bus knew he was rangers but nobody cared we all had a good laugh and chat. However there is not a chance in hell I'd allow him to sit in our end at the final. Hopefully none of our fans are willing to risk it.

The Ultimate Worrier

I'm a season ticket holder and live right next to Tynie but have missed a few games this season for various reasons. Will I be getting a loyalty points deduction?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I'm a season ticket holder and live right next to Tynie but have missed a few games this season for various reasons. Will I be getting a loyalty points deduction?

I think I just tried to follow you by accident, sorry about that!

The Ultimate Worrier
Just now, Smithee said:

I think I just tried to follow you by accident, sorry about that!

Are you after my loyalty points?

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Minus 100 for you, bleedin' part-timer. 😁

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Are you after my loyalty points?

I mean, you didn't turn up

The Ultimate Worrier
34 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Minus 100 for you, bleedin' part-timer. 😁

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I mean, you didn't turn up

I can't argue with any of this!

We_are_the_Hearts

A meal should get you loyalty points……..for the restaurant. The people who back the team week in week out deserve the loyalty points as the loyalty points are used for games, not who can get the best table in the restaurant.

1971fozzy
6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Loyalty points are used towards buying tickets so you should only get points for buying tickets imo.

👍👍

Peakybunnet
5 hours ago, TurboT said:

I thought the Loyalty Points system worked well and I don't know why the club have decided not to use it for the final.  

A number of fans with less than 120 LPs could miss out on a ticket for the final and somebody with 100 loyalty points could miss out on the final, because a season ticket holder has bought an extra ticket for his mate who's never been to a Hearts game.

season ticket holders should only be allowed one ticket. 

What will happen is Uncle Jimmy and nephew Johnny who have never been to game in their puff get to go whereas those with less than 120LP could miss out. 

7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The word 'loyalty'. Hmm ... methinks those travelling more than, say, 30 miles should get a few extra points per home game. There are people who travel hundreds of miles. That's practically the very definition of loyalty!

Nae chance.

I stay 5 minutes from stadium.

Those closest should get loyalty points for having to put up with you lot dropping yer rubbish ,urinating ,drunken sing songs etc.

😁

Tams bird

Most that attended semi final will have a season ticket anyway.

Leveinthedream

I’ve been to all games but 3 this season in the league, all the Scottish cup and a few league cup. Season ticket holder too. Currently sitting at 250+ points, which I expect to loose a good chunk of next season. But due to going to all games I’m able to get tickets to finals and European trips if needed. Loyalty points work perfectly currently and mean the wee allocations are filled by a good away support too. Definitely no need to change it

15 hours ago, cheetah said:

Loyalty points should only be given for folk attending games.

The club should actually use the loyalty points system when deciding who gets tickets for finals etc.

It's a shame they don't, which makes the system redundant.

This is the correct answer imo. The way they’ve allocated tickets for the final has already been discussed on the other thread but to put it simply, people who go to games should be rewarded by getting first dibs on tickets when they are likely to be sold out. 

Edited by GinRummy

broxburnjambo
14 hours ago, lou said:

So we reward people with loads of cash over fans travelling to away fixtures like Dingwall and Parkhead. I suppose its what you call loyalty. Now if you were to call it an attendance scheme that would take that issue away.

Captain Lithuania

No, keep it the way it is. Those who deserve the tickets usually get them. Those who act surprised and shocked they can’t get tickets for big games usually aren’t actually surprised and shocked. 

I see a lot above going on about FoH contributions and whether they should give you points. In my opinion, no. I give money to FoH for nothing in return except ensuring my clubs ongoing survival. If anyone else is donating for any other reason they’re doing it wrong. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

Tams bird
11 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

season ticket holders should only be allowed one ticket. 

What will happen is Uncle Jimmy and nephew Johnny who have never been to game in their puff get to go whereas those with less than 120LP could miss out. 

Why do people assume if you get another ticket it's for someone who has never been to a game ?  

1971fozzy

Loyalty points for games only - absolutely correct. 

some will be wanting them for buying a bovril and pie next.

Fire_At_The_Disco
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If that’s not the case I’ll be taking my own pie & bovril in thank you very much! 

Lets be honest, LP's only really matter for Hibs away, we get on average 16/17k fans at home games so the vast majority that go to games will get a ticket in a 22k allocation. Never going to please everybody, some never no matter what they come up with.

Another bonkers LP thread. To suggest there’s a fear that someone with 119LPs might not get a ticket because a ST holder will buy for someone who never goes is a ridiculous notion.
If anyone on 119LPs can prove beyond all doubt that they exhausted all avenues and can’t get a ticket (for themselves) they can have mine for free! 
Fact is, for the last cup final, Hearts had tickets left the day before the game. The way they’re doing it this time should ensure all tickets are sold in good time. Everyone who REALLY wants one will get one, I’m confident of that. 
As others have said, LPs are only relevant for ER or tiny grounds in the cup and from that point of view the system works. Folk that go get first dibs on tickets for these games, folk that don’t take their chances that the threshold drops sufficiently. 
If you want loyalty for shopping or eating that’s where the loyalty should be rewarded in the form of discounted shopping or eating in future. 
FoH have discussed rewarding fans in a football sense but I’m sure there was red tape of some kind and they had to can the idea. 

hereford_hearts

I'll explain my situation here, and let you decide whether I'm entitled to a cup final ticket or not. 

I live 350 miles from Tynecastle, in Herefordshire, and not been to a hearts game since before Covid. 

It just so happened that I was taking my son up to Edinburgh over Easter to see his gran, so grabbed a couple of tickets to the Semi. 

We each now have 2 loyalty points, but I will be trying to get us tickets for the final. 

Is this fair? You decide. 

broxburnjambo
17 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

I'll explain my situation here, and let you decide whether I'm entitled to a cup final ticket or not. 

I live 350 miles from Tynecastle, in Herefordshire, and not been to a hearts game since before Covid. 

It just so happened that I was taking my son up to Edinburgh over Easter to see his gran, so grabbed a couple of tickets to the Semi. 

We each now have 2 loyalty points, but I will be trying to get us tickets for the final. 

If your buying when there is a general sale then yes as you have an account history, however you only attended the semi because you were in Scotland visiting family. I would think that does not represent Loyalty on a thread relating to loyalty points, or did you spend loads in the shop before visiting the Skyline lounge when you were visiting family. 😃

26 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Of course you are not entitled to a cup final ticket :lol:

The only folk that are ‘entitled’ to one are the fans that go to the games week in week out.  Not folk that have been to one game in three years. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Of course you are not entitled to a cup final ticket :lol:

The only folk that are ‘entitled’ to one are the fans that go to the games week in week out.  Not folk that have been to one game in three years. 

I imagine that at least 95% of those that go home and away every week would be at the cup semi final and/or hsve odds of loyalty points so will be at the final. 

I do think that a review of the loyalty points system is overdue though. 

braveheart

Friend of mine is 68 and queen of the south fan swithered to goto arbroath for the qos game or goto an Edinburgh derby for £15.he chose hampden and is now entitled to a final ticket. Even he would agree that that is in no way fair.

stevie7147
21 hours ago, cheetah said:

We haven't for the final though have we?

youre spot on pal me and my nephew have 109 points and missed the semi through work if thereis a third phase of ticket sales it will be a free for all general sale

Holyrood_Hearts
23 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The word 'loyalty'. Hmm ... methinks those travelling more than, say, 30 miles should get a few extra points per home game. There are people who travel hundreds of miles. That's practically the very definition of loyalty!

What?! Surely your joking?

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

Sorry but no. 

Tams bird
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Loyalty for giving another club money. But not for spending money in the club you claim to support..

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Tams bird said:

Loyalty for giving another club money. But not for spending money in the club you claim to support..

It’s about supporting the team. And the loyalty points are used to prioritise people that support the team. 

5 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Would you like boycott points for refusing to give another club any money? Semi and Final gate receipts are shared so should all in attendance lose points for funding clubs other than the one they "claim to support"?

broxburnjambo

The Loyalty points system is the fairest system for allocation of tickets to Hearts Away matches. It is only ever talked about when there is a visit to Easter Road, a semi final / final or a game where limited away fans are allowed.

It only when the safari hunters want to go, the moaning  and complaining starts that its unfair.  Loyalty points again will become important and no doubt  discussed when European away ties are announced and ticketing details released. Guess what we will have the same debate. 

A point to note, In almost all occasions everyone looking for tickets does get them, irrespective of what match it is. ( There will of course be exceptions.)

Wee Mikey
35 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What?! Surely your joking?

It is a nuanced debate. Certainly not a black & white type of issue.

Wee Mikey
46 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Precisely. Sliding scale for non-attendance type spending. Not too difficult to grasp (one salient point being those ST holders who support the club that way but seldom attend, many of whom also contribute via FOH and so on).

Anyhoo, all that would transpire is a raising of points required for certain matches. Most folks I know spend plenty in the club store etc. so it would end up being the same equation. All I do is get a season ticket, attend cup games, plus the occasional away match and have never missed an away Derby or cup Semi/Final.

As for this particular final, I'd be very surprised if the club settled on 120+ points as a threshold had there been thousands of supporters on 119 points but with no ST. There will, for sure, be some fans whose particular circumstances makes the decision look unfair. But, there were plenty of (additional) tickets for the semi unsold.