Loyalty Points

lou

I am sitting at a reasonably healthy 150 points, but apart from buying tickets, would it be an idea to be able to use your card when buying from the shop, booking hospitality eating at the Skyline or even contributing to FOH as a way of accumulating points? 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• been here before

• The Hogfather

• lou

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wee Mikey

The word 'loyalty'. Hmm ... methinks those travelling more than, say, 30 miles should get a few extra points per home game. There are people who travel hundreds of miles. That's practically the very definition of loyalty!

Mr Rabbit
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The word 'loyalty'. Hmm ... methinks those travelling more than, say, 30 miles should get a few extra points per home game. There are people who travel hundreds of miles. That's practically the very definition of loyalty!

The club doesn’t choose where you live.

Wee Mikey
12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

The club doesn’t choose where you live.

That's not my point, as you very well know.

Dennis Reynolds

Loyalty points are used towards buying tickets so you should only get points for buying tickets imo.

Miss a few loyalty points from away games these days. The likes of St Johnstone, Dundee Utd etc where you are purchasing through them.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Loyalty points are used towards buying tickets so you should only get points for buying tickets imo.

Agreed. The LP scheme works just fine as it is.

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Difficult to put into practice.

Should someone who lives 50 miles away get more LP's than someone who lives 30 miles away.

Where do you draw the line (geographically).

Should someone who buys a home top, an away top and a polo shirt get more LP's than someone travelling to Dingwall on a Wednesday night.

As one poster said LP's are for buying tickets and physically supporting the team.

Is that harsh on those who live further away ?

Possibly, but I can't see a better way of doing it

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not sure I agree, you can show loyalty to the club in more ways than attending matches, it's easy for me living in Central Scotland to attend matches home and away but we have some very loyal fans living that bit further away who cannot attend many matches who I am sure buy from the store or contribute to FOH

AC Mallin_51
30 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I live in Dumfries & Galloway and have a season ticket so I travel up for home games. Either drive or 2 trains. As much as I’d be all for this I don’t think I’d feel right gaining more loyalty points than people who go to the exact amount of games as I do, theoretically giving myself better chances of tickets for big games, just because I live further away 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Not sure I agree, you can show loyalty to the club in more ways than attending matches, it's easy for me living in Central Scotland to attend matches home and away but we have some very loyal fans living that bit further away who cannot attend many matches who I am sure buy from the store or contribute to FOH

We'll agree to disagree 👍 Attending games should have more weight towards big games than spending money on merchandise, again, in my opinion.

Loyalty points should only be given for folk attending games.

The club should actually use the loyalty points system when deciding who gets tickets for finals etc.

It's a shame they don't, which makes the system redundant.

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Difficult to put into practice.

Should someone who lives 50 miles away get more LP's than someone who lives 30 miles away.

Yes ... sliding scale.

Should someone who buys a home top, an away top and a polo shirt get more LP's than someone travelling to Dingwall on a Wednesday night.

Apples v pears so not the point. Any monies spent on club merchandise should garner points. How many? Sliding scale up for debate.

As one poster said LP's are for buying tickets and physically supporting the team.

Is that harsh on those who live further away ?

Possibly, but I can't see a better way of doing it

And I'm merely suggesting that physically supporting the club is but one way of showing 'loyalty' and that other ways are equally valid.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We'll agree to disagree 👍 Attending games should have more weight towards big games than spending money on merchandise, again, in my opinion.

Not really disagreeing, though. Of course, attending games should have more weight, but other aspects shouldn't be completely overlooked, surely.

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, cheetah said:

The club should actually use the loyalty points system when deciding who gets tickets for finals etc.

It's a shame they don't, which makes the system redundant.

Eh?

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I live in Dumfries & Galloway and have a season ticket so I travel up for home games. Either drive or 2 trains. As much as I’d be all for this I don’t think I’d feel right gaining more loyalty points than people who go to the exact amount of games as I do, theoretically giving myself better chances of tickets for big games, just because I live further away 

The thing is this. I can stroll it to Tynie nae bother. It's very difficult for me to construct an argument in favour of my attendance at home games showing the same level of commitment, effort, and expence as, for example, yourself. I'm using the words commitment, effort, and expence; but perhaps the word 'loyalty' is a catch-all.

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not really disagreeing, though. Of course, attending games should have more weight, but other aspects shouldn't be completely overlooked, surely.

I don't think spending power should be a measure of loyalty.

The Hogfather
22 minutes ago, lou said:

Buying a training shirt for £30 isn't the same as spending £25 on a ticket to travel up to Dingwall for a game in January. The people who attend fixtures home and away, however we're playing are the ones who should be rewarded with points. Not the people who buy some replica gear and wear it round the house.

AC Mallin_51
11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The thing is this. I can stroll it to Tynie nae bother. It's very difficult for me to construct an argument in favour of my attendance at home games showing the same level of commitment, effort, and expence as, for example, yourself. I'm using the words commitment, effort, and expence; but perhaps the word 'loyalty' is a catch-all.

I do get your point, absolutely, just think it’d be a tough one in practice and would be pretty controversial

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Buying a training shirt for £30 isn't the same as spending £25 on a ticket to travel up to Dingwall for a game in January. The people who attend fixtures home and away, however we're playing are the ones who should be rewarded with points. Not the people who buy some replica gear and wear it round the house.

Surely there could be a scale for this though, I am not saying they should get the same points

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't think spending power should be a measure of loyalty.

But it already is though! Loyalty points for buying a season ticket regardless of attendance is just that. Arguably, it's having the dosh to attend away fixtures, as much as it is effort, that gets points.

I thought the Loyalty Points system worked well and I don't know why the club have decided not to use it for the final.  

A number of fans with less than 120 LPs could miss out on a ticket for the final and somebody with 100 loyalty points could miss out on the final, because a season ticket holder has bought an extra ticket for his mate who's never been to a Hearts game.

soonbe110
42 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Good post.  It’s all about personal preference.  It’s the same with away games. 

40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Eh?

What is it you don't understand from the post?

hughesie27
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

What is it you don't understand from the post?

That you don't think we use the LP to allocate tickets.

been here before

So presumably folk who live in Glasgow would get less LPs for attending Hearts games there, folk in Dundee and Aberdeen less for games there and so on.

I was in holiday in Yorkshire once and drove back up for a home game v Hibs. Presumably under this proposal Id now have to put in some sort of claim for extra points since Id travelled considerably further than my usual 40 minute walk.

Sounds a great plan, cant see any problems at all :rofl:

Edited by been here before

Just now, hughesie27 said:

That you don't think we use the LP to allocate tickets.

We haven't for the final though have we?

hughesie27
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

You need 120 LP or ST to buy a ticket right now. So aye, we are.

Edited by hughesie27

Just now, hughesie27 said:

You need 120 LP to buy a ticket right now. So aye, we are.

No you don't you could get one if you have ST (20 loyalty points for that)

In phase 2 you just have to have been at 1 game and you can get 2 tickets.

Not exactly using the system.

been here before
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

We have. Just not in a way you agree with although I do think its been done really cack handed.

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I thought the Loyalty Points system worked well and I don't know why the club have decided not to use it for the final.  

A number of fans with less than 120 LPs could miss out on a ticket for the final and somebody with 100 loyalty points could miss out on the final, because a season ticket holder has bought an extra ticket for his mate who's never been to a Hearts game.

Not disagreeing in principle, but; there are more than a few supporters living hundreds of miles away, including many abroad, who attend seldom but as and when they can. They buy STs, contribute to FOH, buy merchandise, and so on. The club may very well have got it a bit wrong this time but I'd be amazed if the various hypothetical scenarios posited come to thousands of day-trippers ousting regular fans. The fact is we sold our initial semi allocation but there were plenty seats still available. Personally (daft argument alert), I'd choose a semi v Hibs over a final v The Rangers if it was a toss-up. I'm not too sure that there can be thousands of worthy supporters unable to make the semi but able to make the final who don't know fellow fans who can bag them a ticket.

Bull's-eye

I live 450 miles away and comfortably beat my mate to games and he lives in Penicuik.

I do deserve more loyalty points though.

michael_bolton
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

We have. Just not in a way you agree with although I do think its been done really cack handed.

Extremely generous to say the club are using the LP system for the final.

It's completely conceivable that people on 115 LPs will miss out to people who have 0. That is not 'using the LP system' and it is perfectly fair to say Hearts have abandoned it for this game.

Supporters are well within their rights to now view it as pointless for cup finals etc as the club is just using a different method. If we were using the LP system, then no Hearts fan with 100 points would have any chance of not getting one of 22,000 tickets.

been here before
15 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Extremely generous to say the club are using the LP system for the final.

It's completely conceivable that people on 115 LPs will miss out to people who have 0. That is not 'using the LP system' and it is perfectly fair to say Hearts have abandoned it for this game.

Supporters are well within their rights to now view it as pointless for cup finals etc as the club is just using a different method. If we were using the LP system, then no Hearts fan with 100 points would have any chance of not getting one of 22,000 tickets.

120 LPs gets you a ticket.

119 doesnt.

They are using it but not in the best way. Ive no idea why its been changed this time given its worked reasonably well in the past and this ticket if you went to the semi is ludicrous, but the LPs are being used.

Im speaking here a ST holder sitting on over 230 LPs but would have to wait until the 2nd phase to get one for their 12 yo laddie whose 'only' on 68 pts but who went to the semi, been down to Auchinleck, up to Dingwall and Inverness so its not a case of Im alright Jack.

Theres a system in place that most people agree works reasinably well for most of the people for most of the time but for some reason its been implimented pretty badly this time round.

It would be nice to hear from the club the thinking behind this but as far as LPs go the club adopt the same line as the SFA not allowing refs to explain decisions.

Edited by been here before

michael_bolton
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

120 LPs gets you a ticket.

119 doesnt.

That's not true. Having a ST gets you a ticket, regardless of LPs, and having a mate who has a ST may also get you a ticket, regardless of whether you have any LPs at all. Also, having bought a ticket for the semi-final may get you a ticket, regardless of LPs, and having a mate who bought a ticket for the semi-final may get you a ticket, regardless of LPs.

Hardly anybody will get a ticket purely on the basis of loyalty points.

It's technically true that Hearts are offering one specific group a ticekt through LPs (120+ but no ST). However, that's a tiny proportion of the 22,000.

Hearts are not selling the cup final tickets, in general, on the basis of LPs. If they were, basically nobody above 50 would have anything to worry about. Yet there will be people with solid LP counts who will miss out to those with 0. That means they're not using LPs.

Edited by michael_bolton

been here before
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

That's not true. Having a ST gets you a ticket and having a mate who has a ST may also get you a ticket. Also, having bought a ticket for the semi-final may get you a ticket and having a mate who bought a ticket for the semi-final may get you a ticket.

Hardly anybody will get a ticket purely on the basis of loyalty points.

It's technically true that Hearts are offering one specific group a ticekt through LPs (120+ but no ST). However, that's a tiny proportion of the 22,000.

Hearts are not selling the cup final tickets, in general, on the basis of LPs.

Its not true, but technically true?

Wee Mikey
25 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I live 450 miles away and comfortably beat my mate to games and he lives in Penicuik.

I do deserve more loyalty points though.

👍😁👍

Screenshot_20220504-160807_Google.jpg

michael_bolton
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its not true, but technically true?

Yes.

As the LP system is understood, supporters get access to high-demand games based on their LPs.

While Hearts are providing this for a tiny number of supporters in this case, the vast majority of tickets will be allocated using other methods. Very possibly to people with 0 points.

A non-ST holder who has amassed 115 points has less chance of a ticket than a ST holder with 30, or than the mate of an ST holder with 0.

I'm assuming you understand this and are just at it, so I'll leave you here.

Wee Mikey
44 minutes ago, been here before said:

So presumably folk who live in Glasgow would get less LPs for attending Hearts games there, folk in Dundee and Aberdeen less for games there and so on.

I was in holiday in Yorkshire once and drove back up for a home game v Hibs. Presumably under this proposal Id now have to put in some sort of claim for extra points since Id travelled considerably further than my usual 40 minute walk.

Sounds a great plan, cant see any problems at all :rofl:

For my imaginary scheme, interrupting a holiday to attend a Derby really should be an automatic 10 extra points minimum. 👍

been here before
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

Yes.

As the LP system is understood, supporters get access to high-demand games based on their LPs.

While Hearts are providing this for a tiny number of supporters in this case, the vast majority of tickets will be allocated using other methods. Very possibly to people with 0 points.

A non-ST holder who has amassed 115 points has less chance of a ticket than a ST holder with 30, or than the mate of an ST holder with 0.

I'm assuming you understand this and are just at it, so I'll leave you here.

I know exactly what you mean and Ive outlined above how it is being used. Ive also agreed that its being used shittily.

You're possibly losing out, which is crap but that doesnt change the fact you're contradicting yourself.

I'm assuming you understand this and are just at it because you're pissed off, so I'll leave you here.

hughesie27
49 minutes ago, cheetah said:

No you don't you could get one if you have ST (20 loyalty points for that)

In phase 2 you just have to have been at 1 game and you can get 2 tickets.

Not exactly using the system.

I had edited the post pretty quickly to add in ST. You must have been sharp.

Think its fair that current season ST holder get priority access as well though anyway?

It has been used for 120 points up to Friday. In any other game they gradually lower the threshold until they reach a general sale, that would have been the right move for me. 

They've decided to essentially only have one phase for LPs this time. 

I'll agree its barely being used for this game but I read your original post as though it wasn't used ever!

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Miss a few loyalty points from away games these days. The likes of St Johnstone, Dundee Utd etc where you are purchasing through them.

Good point. It surely wouldn't be all that difficult to retrospectively add LPs on for those with ticket stubs. Messy, but not impossible. Most away supporters would be at Tynie soon enough. Where there's a will, there's a way, an' aw that.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

For my imaginary scheme, interrupting a holiday to attend a Derby really should be an automatic 10 extra points minimum. 👍

It was the 0-0 Scottish Cup game (prior to losing 3-1 in the replay) on a cold February day in 2017. My then 6 year old changed his mind about going halfway up the road and was a little ****er the whole game. Grim as **** day all round surely deserving of more than an extra 10 pts?

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

How many points would I get from travelling to home and away games  (Celtic, Rangers & Dundee aside) 

5am start for the semi final, and European home games will be late nights! 😴 

been here before
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Good point. It surely wouldn't be all that difficult to retrospectively add LPs on for those with ticket stubs. Messy, but not impossible. Most away supporters would be at Tynie soon enough. Where there's a will, there's a way, an' aw that.

Isnt it the case everyone who went to those games missed out on LPs, I know I did.

If they were somehow magically added then all it would do is increase the points needed from 120 to say 125.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, lou said:

Surely there could be a scale for this though, I am not saying they should get the same points

The current scale works fine. 0 points for buying a birthday card and 3 points for buying a ticket for Motherwell. Perfect.

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Isnt it the case everyone who went to those games missed out on LPs, I know I did.

If they were somehow magically added then all it would do is increase the points needed from 120 to say 125.

Yup, it is indeed a paradox. For any given game, whether it be an away Derby, or a cup match, Hearts know fine well how many seats are available, and how many points each of us has. It is up to the club to pitch it sensibly.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

The current scale works fine. 0 points for buying a birthday card and 3 points for buying a ticket for Motherwell. Perfect.

You are taking one of my points in isolation,what about  points for donating £100 a month to FOH?  There are different levels of spending and loyality