Jump to content

Council elections 2022


New Town Loafer
 Share

Recommended Posts

New Town Loafer
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Never been  so such a mess in number 10 . And a Tory PM who is beyond reproach and a serial liar, so WHY would i be a Tory and i am starting to think that you are not paying attention to the utter shambolic mess Boris and his con men have inflicted on millions of people.  

I’m no fan of Boris Johnson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • maroonlegions

    94

  • Smithee

    65

  • JamesM48

    100

  • New Town Loafer

    45

Jambo-Jimbo

There is an Independant in my ward, that's who's getting my vote, imo none of the other candidates deserve my vote, notwithstanding some of them aren't even local, they've been drafted in from other areas.  As this is a local council election then I'm voting for a local person, someone who understands local issues, not someone who couldn't get elected somewhere else outside the area and have now been sent to see if they can win in another area, feck them, local candidates all the way for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I've said it before... it's like deciding which dog turd to stand in😔

:rofl:

 

Never a blue one though..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48

The key word on this thread is “ local “ not national . Now let’s have a respectful debate . 

F934839C-EB62-4582-B89B-8E4D14305DD1.webp

Edited by JamesM48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001
Just now, maroonlegions said:

:rofl:

 

Never a blue one though..

Never truly did anything for the common man😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You have though . You do it frequently and it’s a ploy of yours to stifle discussion . Respectful discussion . I’m not having any part of it . It’s changed days for me . I’m not “ reacting” ! 

F93ED97A-8BB0-4F70-8C25-FA750611D5F7.gif

Nope, but you have a tendency to invoke imagined emotions to chip away at credibility, as well as talking abundant quantities of shite and being politically clueless.

 

Edited by Smithee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
Just now, New Town Loafer said:

I’m no fan of Boris Johnson. 

But still vote Tory  though.

 

Strange.

 

It still impacts on the national % of Tory  parties votes. No way will i ever add to that..   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001
Just now, maroonlegions said:

But still vote Tory  though.

 

Strange.

 

It still impacts on the national % of Tory  parties votes. No way will i ever add to that..   

 

 

I disagree with you but will defend your right to vote for whoever you choose 💥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Just now, Smithee said:

Nope, but you have a tendency to invoke imagined emotions to chip away at credibility, as well as talking abundant quantities of shite and getting politically clueless.

 

And you have a tendency to insult , embarrass , ridicule or humiliate anyone who hasn’t the same views as you . I know what I’d rather be . Anyway I’m not replying any more to your inane explosive , intolerant ramblings on this topic . If you were debating respectful I might do 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I think he's been abducted and bum probed by aliens .

 

Aye lets have RESPECTFUL debate on this thread.  And ON TOPIC discussions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And you have a tendency to insult , embarrass , ridicule or humiliate anyone who hasn’t the same views as you . I know what I’d rather be . Anyway I’m not replying any more to your inane explosive , intolerant ramblings on this topic . If you were debating respectful I might do 

 

Look closer to home mate.

 

Straight from the horse's mouth.

 

I think he's been abducted and bum probed by aliens .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
Just now, ri Alban said:

Takes a certain type of scum to be a Tory.

:bravo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I disagree with you but will defend your right to vote for whoever you choose 💥

:thumb:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ri Alban
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And you have a tendency to insult , embarrass , ridicule or humiliate anyone who hasn’t the same views as you . I know what I’d rather be . Anyway I’m not replying any more to your inane explosive , intolerant ramblings on this topic . If you were debating respectful I might do 

Pot kettle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

But still vote Tory  though.

 

Strange.

 

It still impacts on the national % of Tory  parties votes. No way will i ever add to that..   

 

 

How do you know I vote Tory?

 

Regardless, people vote for a party not a person. I know plenty of conservative voters and I’d say about 90% dislike Johnson. Doesn’t mean they’re going to vote Labour at the next GE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Costanza

Have never and would never vote Tory.

Now, the prospective councillor in my area may rightly point out the current council's failings but I'm still not going to cast my vote for someone who has seen the mishandling and selling off of public assets in the last 40 years and still thinks the party that is best to represent us on the delivery of common services is the Conservatives. 

If I don't trust them at a National level, I'm sure as hell not going to vote for them at a local level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Politicians of all parties take a doing.

Recently my daughter had some troubles that just were not being addressed.

We contacted her local Councillor.

She was kind ,warm and really helped get things moving.

She would get my vote if in my ward.

There are some really good people out there .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Takes a certain type of scum to be a Tory.

Shocking 

8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

 

Look closer to home mate.

 

Straight from the horse's mouth.

 

I think he's been abducted and bum probed by aliens .

Pathetic . 
 

Stop personal insults to people 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

How do you know I vote Tory?

 

Regardless, people vote for a party not a person. I know plenty of conservative voters and I’d say about 90% dislike Johnson. Doesn’t mean they’re going to vote Labour at the next GE.

Just a hunch and by the rhetoric you have used in some of your posts.

 

 Thing is just now the Tory party IS Boris, he is acting like he is beyond reproach ..  

 

One party state???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Shocking 

Pathetic . 
 

Stop personal insults to people 

Then who is to blame and who IGNITED the flame in the first place..???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

But still vote Tory  though.

 

Strange.

 

It still impacts on the national % of Tory  parties votes. No way will i ever add to that..   

 

 

Watching the post office scandal thing there was a conservative mp who imo was very decent while Jo Swinton of the lib dems came across like a right so and so.

I understand you wouldn't vote for them but many are decent even I they hold a different outlook from you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Just now, Ked said:

Politicians of all parties take a doing.

Recently my daughter had some troubles that just were not being addressed.

We contacted her local Councillor.

She was kind ,warm and really helped get things moving.

She would get my vote if in my ward.

There are some really good people out there .

Exactly . At the last Scottish elections I voted Labour as the MSP Labour guy helped me out with an issue . I’m above voting for a particular party because your ma or da voted for it . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Takes a certain type of scum to be a Tory.

I'm not at Tory as such but conservative .

That me scum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

redjambo
1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Wasn't sure if there was an appropriate thread to pop this into, so decided to start a separate one.

 

Quite glad this election is here as I find people are more open and broad minded with who to vote for in a local election. The Unionist/Nationalist issue is also less apparent (mercifully), although I still expect the SNP to dominate this election nationwide.

 

I personally hope the SNP-Labour administration in Edinburgh is booted into touch as they have made an absolute mess of the city.

 

So, who is everyone going to vote for? What issues are the greatest that you face in your ward? Have you encountered or spoken to anyone on the campaign trail? Are you even bothered?

 

🦌

 

 

You joined this forum very recently and immediately posted anti-SNP right-wing political views. I suspected that there was a good chance you had joined it purely to post your political views in light of the upcoming elections. My suspicions are now confirmed - you actually created a thread on the elections to put said views forward. :rofl: Next time, try not to be so utterly transparent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Have never and would never vote Tory.

Now, the prospective councillor in my area may rightly point out the current council's failings but I'm still not going to cast my vote for someone who has seen the mishandling and selling off of public assets in the last 40 years and still thinks the party that is best to represent us on the delivery of common services is the Conservatives. 

If I don't trust them at a National level, I'm sure as hell not going to vote for them at a local level.

And there it is, my reasoning to..  Local or national level  they hifde behind it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Takes a certain type of scum to be a Tory.

You seem moderate and sensible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Just now, maroonlegions said:

Then who is to blame and who IGNITED the flame in the first place..???

Re read the thread and you will see . Then another poster says some other posters are “ scum “ . Unbelievable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

 

You joined this forum very recently and immediately posted anti-SNP right-wing political views. I suspected that there was a good chance you had joined it purely to post your political views in light of the upcoming elections. My suspicions are now confirmed - you actually created a thread on the elections to put said views forward. :rofl: Next time, try not to be so utterly transparent.

Paranoid much ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
1 minute ago, New Town Loafer said:

You seem moderate and sensible.

Lol that’s him on a good day , his early morning rants are to be read to be believed 😎😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Watching the post office scandal thing there was a conservative mp who imo was very decent while Jo Swinton of the lib dems came across like a right so and so.

I understand you wouldn't vote for them but many are decent even I they hold a different outlook from you.

 

Well who sold off Royal Mail ??

 

Tory/Lib coalition. 

 

Never met a decent Tory, they are a one party state for the high earners and the ritch, from a historical point that is beyond reproach 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

 

You joined this forum very recently and immediately posted anti-SNP right-wing political views. I suspected that there was a good chance you had joined it purely to post your political views in light of the upcoming elections. My suspicions are now confirmed - you actually created a thread on the elections to put said views forward. :rofl: Next time, try not to be so utterly transparent.

Your spidey senses seem to have deserted you. But fair play, that’s a hell of a leap.

 

I actually joined as I’ve been following this forum for years and wanted to get involved :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

redjambo
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Paranoid much ? 

 

No, astute. The guy's intentions were obvious from the beginning.

 

Some people are so easily led...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

You joined this forum very recently and immediately posted anti-SNP right-wing political views. I suspected that there was a good chance you had joined it purely to post your political views in light of the upcoming elections. My suspicions are now confirmed - you actually created a thread on the elections to put said views forward. :rofl: Next time, try not to be so utterly transparent.

What is exactly wrong with starting a thread about the local elections ? It’s not a loaded thread title . We can’t have hat can we ? Never. 
 

 

see “ Torie lies “ thread !! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And you have a tendency to insult , embarrass , ridicule or humiliate anyone who hasn’t the same views as you . I know what I’d rather be . Anyway I’m not replying any more to your inane explosive , intolerant ramblings on this topic . If you were debating respectful I might do 

No no, anyone who makes a fool of themself. You haven't debated in good faith in years James, I don't blame you for running away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Just now, redjambo said:

 

No, astute. The guy's intentions were obvious from the beginning.

 

Some people are so easily led...

And some are cynical and paranoid . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
Just now, Smithee said:

No no, anyone who makes a fool of themself. You haven't debated in good faith in years James, I don't blame you for running away

I’m not running away I’m just astounded at your levels of anger on this thread . It’s permeating through it . You seem to hate democracy . That’s the issue I have . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ri Alban

Hopefully post independence, if he new government will pass a law that will allow Scots to hunt Tories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

redjambo
Just now, New Town Loafer said:

Your spidey senses seem to have deserted you. But fair play, that’s a hell of a leap.

 

I actually joined as I’ve been following this forum for years and wanted to get involved :) 

 

Aye right. :welldone:  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's very probably a duck. :) I hope you're enjoying all the influence you think you're having. Pathetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sooperstar

James and Jonesy both seemingly surprised with themselves that they plan to vote Tory. Everyone else has known they were Tory voters for a long time. Some laugh this place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001

My local Tory,will get the proddie vote in my area ,sadly religion above politics in my area, majority have never seen the inside of a Kirk,let alone know who the minister is😳 I will leave it at that,sex, religion and politics are a no go area🤔🧐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m not running away I’m just astounded at your levels of anger on this thread . It’s permeating through it . You seem to hate democracy . That’s the issue I have . 

I'm not at all angry, you're projecting again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm not at all angry, you're projecting again

Nope . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

Aye right. :welldone:  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's very probably a duck. :) I hope you're enjoying all the influence you think you're having. Pathetic.

You're a strange chap. Very angry over very little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

redjambo
Just now, New Town Loafer said:

You're a strange chap. Very angry over very little.

 

:D I'm not angry in the slightest. Just calling you out. It's the natural way of things when I see bullshit on the internet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't envy you lot. The city is a mess so more of the same isn't an option really, and the alternatives are worse. Politics is in a sorry state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamesM48
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully post independence, if he new government will pass a law that will allow Scots to hunt Tories.

 

3E468875-8DE2-4268-9C23-64B0015DFC88.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Town Loafer
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

 

:D I'm not angry in the slightest. Just calling you out. It's the natural way of things when I see bullshit on the internet.

Sound. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ray Gin

Postal vote done. Took great pleasure in ranking the Tory candidate 8 from 8.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nope . 

The only way I read as angry is if you're sitting there scowling as you read it.

But hey ho, as I said, and you denied, you have a tendency to invoke imagined emotions to chip away at credibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...