Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

This is gonna be the latest finish ever for a semi final ? 

Not a semi-final but apparently a Thorburn/Griffiths match finished at 3:51am 🤣😐

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Wow. Really didn't expect Selby to be struggling like this to finish things off. 😁

He looks tired and drained. Maybe needs to start training whilst sleep deprived or something. Bit of a poor show tbh but want Allen to win anyway so **** him.

Allen had been getting bummed up all week and was seen off by a world champion, in the end.  

Selby will slowly and meticulously dismantle Brecel after the latter tries to make a brisk start. 

:jj:

21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Allen had been getting bummed up all week and was seen off by a world champion, in the end.  

Selby will slowly and meticulously dismantle Brecel after the latter tries to make a brisk start. 

:jj:

Brecel doesn't make 'quick starts'. He just consistently plays clever attacking shots. All the time. A challenge even for Selby. 

JudyJudyJudy

It’ll certainly be an interesting contrast in styles . I am happy of either wins it 

Brecel looking good so far. Selby is really undecisive at times. Frustrating to watch so hopefully he spends most of the time in his seat.

Brecel has just missed as I type this. :lol:

Couple of silly misses coming from Brecel tonight which is letting Selby back into things. Hopefully he doesn't let it get to his head.

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

OH i remember that Thorburn 147 . 40 years ago ?  Seems like yesterday. 

I bet watching that Thorburn/Griffiths match felt like 40 years. 😁

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I bet watching that Thorburn/Griffiths match felt like 40 years. 😁

Well Thorburn wasnt called " the grinder " for nowt. 

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hope I'm wrong but feel Brecel had to win that last frame. Now Selby is right up his backside.

2 minutes ago, allyby said:

I can't see Selby losing this now.

Brecel wins. 

Салатные палочки

Did I hear Cliff Thorburn say that he got £18,000 for his 147 in 1984? Selby gets £40,000 + £15,000 for highest break. 

Thorburn's 18K in todays money equates to £77,700. So he technically got £22,000 more than Selby if what I heard was correct. 

Edited by Salad Fingers
Wrong year

Rudi Skacel
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Did I hear Cliff Thorburn say that he got £18,000 for his 147 in 1984? Selby gets £40,000 + £15,000 for highest break. 

Thorburn's 18K in todays money equates to £77,700. So he technically got £22,000 more than Selby of what I heard was correct. 

used to get £147 000 bonus for it. But that was when it was much rarer. Im sure thats what Hendry got when he made his in 95. Plus you got the high break prize aswell added on. 

Selby wont even get it all. He will go halfers with Kyren Wilson. 

1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

used to get £147 000 bonus for it. But that was when it was much rarer. Im sure thats what Hendry got when he made his in 95. Plus you got the high break prize aswell added on. 

Selby wont even get it all. He will go halfers with Kyren Wilson. 

Yeah I remember the money being more.

Didn't Ronnie once deliberately get a 146 when he realised he wasn't getting money for a maximum...or have I made that up? 😁

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah I remember the money being more.

Didn't Ronnie once deliberately get a 146 when he realised he wasn't getting money for a maximum...or have I made that up? 😁

yes he did

23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Thorburn's 18K in todays money equates to £77,700. So he technically got £22,000 more than Selby if what I heard was correct. 

Selby gets £20,000 and £7,500 for highest break 

Stole that half from Kieran Wilson. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/snooker/65325322

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yes 

JudyJudyJudy

Selby was still knackered from last night so good on him making a comeback like that . Sensational in fact . 

Victorian

Underestimated just how gifted Brecel is tbh.  It might be an outlier performance never to be replicated but who cares? It's silly stupid form.  He does look as if he's either genuinely unperturbed about it all or simply playing to his convictions that he really is this good.  It has to be remembered that he previously couldn't win a match at The Crucible and hasn't won a lot in his career.  Add in the 'sociable' lifestyle and the lack of practice as well.