The professional world snooker championship 2022

ri Alban

neilnunb

Always find it weird as **** that players, still in the tournament, commentate or are in the studio, like Murphy...then they wonder why they can't beat Ronnie. 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fitzroy Pointon

Hawkins v Day is like watching two pished guys in the pub. 

Victorian

12 completed matches.  7 seeds out.  A lot of it has been mediocre.  Jack Lisowski looks like being a contender this year.  Si was superb as well (should have won it last year).  O'Sullivan on now.  

rudi must stay

Always a treat watching Ronnie. He is so relaxed on the table. I think alot of them are better players than they show. Page is playing some good stuff

rudi must stay
On 22/04/2024 at 21:05, neilnunb said:

Always find it weird as **** that players, still in the tournament, commentate or are in the studio, like Murphy...then they wonder why they can't beat Ronnie. 

Murphy puts people off Snooker. Overweight and plays a boring game 

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

For a guy who is extremely self conscious such as yourself, do you not think the overweight part was a bit much there?

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

For a guy who is extremely self conscious such as yourself, do you not think the overweight part was a bit much there?

Fair point. Never liked him to be honest, very arrogant 

rudi must stay

Never been a big fan of Higgins but you can't argue that he is a real competitor never gives in 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Always a treat watching Ronnie. He is so relaxed on the table. I think alot of them are better players than they show. Page is playing some good stuff

I'm with you on Ronnie. He knew he was on top but kept it under control and played a very measured game. He could easily have gone wild but kept his focus. 

I P Knightley
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Higgins is playing like he's had a few beers 

Those were the days.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He’s pure showbiz . Class act . Entertaining , charisma with a hint of the bad boy thrown in ! Exceptional . He’s revolutionised snooker .  

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Higgins is playing like he's had a few beers 

And a few hamburgers 

AlimOzturk
6 hours ago, Victorian said:

12 completed matches.  7 seeds out.  A lot of it has been mediocre.  Jack Lisowski looks like being a contender this year.  Si was superb as well (should have won it last year).  O'Sullivan on now.  

I think we are seeing a changing of the guard finally with a lot of the younger players improving/older players declining. Ronnie O’Sullivan is obviously different. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, rudi must stay said:

😂 yup

😂

Victorian
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think we are seeing a changing of the guard finally with a lot of the younger players improving/older players declining. Ronnie O’Sullivan is obviously different. 

Quite a few of the top players of recent years are on the wane.  Selby,  Higgins and Williams are all on the brink of retiring.  Neil Robertson is not the player he was and failed to qualify.  Shaun Murphy isn't quite as good as he was but might still be competitive.  Luca Brecel a total enigma and not committed.

Whether O'Sullivan is around for long is debatable.  Other than him,  obviously Trump will remain at the top for a while.  Mark Allen should be as well.  Allen's really good but often grim to watch.  Kyren Wilson likewise.  Jack Lisowski might be showing signs of having rounded out his game to become a top player.  A few of the younger Chinese will have their chance to occupy the top 16.  Si Jiahui especially could be the next superstar.

Edited by Victorian

AlimOzturk
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite a few of the top players of recent years are on the wane.  Selby,  Higgins and Williams are all on the brink of retiring.  Neil Robertson is not the player he was and failed to qualify.  Shaun Murphy isn't quite as good as he was but might still be competitive.  Luca Brecel a total enigma and not committed.

Whether O'Sullivan is around for long is debatable.  Other than him,  obviously Trump will remain at the top for a while.  Mark Allen should be as well.  Allen's really good but often grim to watch.  Kyren Wilson likewise.  Jack Lisowski might be showing signs of having rounded out his game to become a top player.  A few of the younger Chinese will have their chance to occupy the top 16.  Si Jiahui especially could be the next superstar.

Recently read Ronnie wants to play for another ten years but then again if he gets knocked out here early probably will say he wants to retire  

Victorian
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Recently read Ronnie wants to play for another ten years but then again if he gets knocked out here early probably will say he wants to retire  

I think the players' World Snooker contracts are a rolling 2 year deal.  Apparently he's signed an additional contract of about 5 years with the Saudi exhibition match / breakaway tour thing.  Rumours are that the breakaway thing might begin to gain momentum soon.  A few other players getting involved.  It seems World Snooker are content to coexist rather than trying to keep outright control.  I think that's wise as the entire game might be swallowed up by the money on offer and World Snooker as a body might be made obsolete.  Better to relax the contractual rules and allow everyone full access to the existing tour and Triple Crown events on a voluntary basis.  Keep the continuity and heritage of the game.

Victorian

Some run of shots by Ryan Day at the end.  One long range screw back when he just about split the cue ball in two.  8 seeds out.

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He reminds me of Mr Blobby 

Aye he’s no very bonnie ! 

On 24/04/2024 at 17:45, rudi must stay said:

So is Shankland, according to some.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Trumps a threat for the tournament

He's the only one who has a talent even remotely in the same ballpark as Ronnie.

Lisowski, maybe, but his temperament is questionable. Si at a push, perhaps. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

He's the only one who has a talent even remotely in the same ballpark as Ronnie.

Lisowski, maybe, but his temperament is questionable. Si at a push, perhaps. 

Si's rubbish 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Trumps a threat for the tournament 

Yes I like him . 

JudyJudyJudy

What a handle Jak jones ! FFS 

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I like him . 

He plays a radge game. Very fun to watch 

rudi must stay

Him getting a new mug every 10 minutes is more exciting than the match 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

😂😂

This repeated "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING" shtick is becoming a bit tiresome. 

neilnunb

Watching on Eurosport and the commentator (Phil Yates?) moaning about the boy in the crowd shouting out for Ryan Day. I mean, really. When every tournament is usually ruined by the Ronnie fanatics.

rudi must stay

O'Connor looks an absolute weirdo bit of the Sutcliffe about him and also a vicar 

Edited by rudi must stay

6 hours ago, Craig_ said:

This repeated "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING" shtick is becoming a bit tiresome. 

Watch it on the other channel then. John Virgo is the likely culprit for that shan patter. Annoyed me for years with that line.  Often hear it in my head even when it’s not him live on the mic as eh say says it so much. 

Eurosport can be a bit more varied and Alan McManus is a top level pundit also. 

Tbh I do not like Higgins but that was some gutsy performance and a half.  Clear up to win.  Miss the initial double and you're out.  Every shot hit the middle stitch of the leather.

There's bottle and there's Higgins.

11 hours ago, Victorian said:

Tbh I do not like Higgins but that was some gutsy performance and a half.  Clear up to win.  Miss the initial double and you're out.  Every shot hit the middle stitch of the leather.

There's bottle and there's Higgins.

Just watched the last frame, incredible play under such pressure. Not sure how much he'll have left in the tank today.