***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

12 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Getting similar vibes to the dead rubber at the end of the championship season. Theres a danger that they’ll be more up for this than us, they have to be.

Na, I don't see this team being like that.  This team seems to have a pretty special competitive spirit about it.

Also that semi final... who's not wanting to play in it?  Shit it on Saturday, you'll maybe make the bench.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Getting similar vibes to the dead rubber at the end of the championship season. Theres a danger that they’ll be more up for this than us, they have to be.

They certainly need to win more than we do and sure, it might be a factor. We are better than them though and if we match them for effort and willingness to win, then there is only one team that can possibly win 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

They should in theory be more up for it than us, they need the win for top six chances. However, our players will be well aware that we can be the ones to dump them into bottom six misery as well as cement 3rd and players wanting to secure their places in the starting 11 the following week. We’ll be well up for it tomorrow, I have no doubt about that.

gorgieheart

Robbies interview on SkySports would seem to intimate that he will have the players focused on getting 3 points in the derby tomorrow...everything else gets put to the side...

Mon the JT's !!!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Nah, that was at ER and  no cup sf and possible final looming with a number of players looking elsewhere as they knew weren't staying. Not to mention that the championship was 120% done. 

This time, We have 3rd place to sew up, beat Hibs for the first time this season and send the shits up them for next week, a team of guys playing to stay and some who have recently signed with a sc semi final next week and we are at home. 

We can also send them to the Bottom 6.

I'm getting the opposite feeling. 

The two biggest games this season until May are coming up in a week!

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Robbies interview on SkySports would seem to intimate that he will have the players focused on getting 3 points in the derby tomorrow...everything else gets put to the side...

Mon the JT's !!!!

Tbf, he was never gonna say-

" not arsed about the morn, neither are the players, we only care about next week" 😁

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Putting them in the bottom six isn't a dead rubber.  We could kill their season in the next 8 days.  

Two derbies in a row is a great way to get back to club football after the international break.

38 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Mon the JT's !!!!

One game at a time is the mentality. Barrie McKay said it in his interview.

39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

One game at a time is the mentality. Barrie McKay said it in his interview.

It’s a funny situation. I’m not as buzzed for tomorrow’s game as I usually am and looking forward to next week. Sure the team will stay focused though. 

59 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, he was never gonna say-

" not arsed about the morn, neither are the players, we only care about next week" 😁

For once why don't you shut tfup.

Unknown user
53 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Putting them in the bottom six isn't a dead rubber.  We could kill their season in the next 8 days.  

Two derbies in a row is a great way to get back to club football after the international break.

This! We could really deal hibs a devastating blow in the next week

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This! We could really deal hibs a devastating blow in the next week

And I hope Lockie gets that message across in every single training session this week.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Mon the JT's !!!!

Robbie Neilson Pre-Match

https://enrgsport.net/2022/04/08/all-eyes-on-edinburgh-derby-number-one-says-hearts-boss/

Interesting wee chat with Robbie yesterday. Spoke about the importance of any Edinburgh Derby, Alan Forrest transfer speculation, the potential of a Hearts B team and our recent injury woes. 

Looks like Devlin could make the semi, Atkinson and GMS are alright, Smith back running, but Soapy was wearing a protective boot so not sure if we’ll see him in maroon again.  

Reads appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a funny situation. I’m not as buzzed for tomorrow’s game as I usually am and looking forward to next week. Sure the team will stay focused though. 

Same here but in part I think it's because I just don't take them too seriously.  I was very encouraged when Robbie said a few months ago that no one at Tynecastle has forgotten the vote.  I'm sure everyone will be right up for this.

Sticking to 3-0.

Robbie still has some way to go to convince certain elements of our support. 

Clinch 3rd, Condemn Hibs to the bottom 6 and pump them at Hampden in the space of a week?

Stuff of legends.  

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Clinch 3rd, Condemn Hibs to the bottom 6 and pump them at Hampden in the space of a week?

Stuff of legends.  

Chocks away if he fails in both though. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

It would be a fantastic girupy.

Deny them top 6 and home derby gate money.

Another Hampden defeat.

The muppets would never recover.

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stuff of legends.  

Does this and he will have won the critic over.

26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Same here but in part I think it's because I just don't take them too seriously.  I was very encouraged when Robbie said a few months ago that no one at Tynecastle has forgotten the vote.  I'm sure everyone will be right up for this.

Sticking to 3-0.

Hope so Doug. I think it’ll be a tricky game. They’ll defend and keep defending until we score and hope to nick a goal. 

If we score early it could be a glorious day. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope so Doug. I think it’ll be a tricky game. They’ll defend and keep defending until we score and hope to nick a goal. 

If we score early it could be a glorious day. 

Early goal and its 5 . Kirk to score the 5th :scenes::yas::glorious:

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

If Carlsberg done Saturdays. 

6 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

😀. You never know. They are hanging by a thread. The wee guy not quite lost the dressing room yet but it’s just around the corner. 

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Stuff of legends.  

I’m sure it isn’t lost on Robbie.

When he pulls it off I hope he gets the credit due to him and his team.

This certainly isn’t the same Robbie we had first time around, and that wasn’t too shabby!

Apart from the ties we have played to get to the semi-final, tomorrow’s derby is by far our biggest game this season.

Lose it and we let Hibs into the top six, add 3-4000 on to their Hampden support and hand them a massive psychological advantage. Triple whammy. Defeat is unthinkable.

I trust everyone at the club is geared up for this. Hopefully Gary Locke is currently in a locked room at Tynecastle throwing chairs at the players.

stirlingshirejambo
2 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

Robbie Neilson Pre-Match

https://enrgsport.net/2022/04/08/all-eyes-on-edinburgh-derby-number-one-says-hearts-boss/

Interesting wee chat with Robbie yesterday. Spoke about the importance of any Edinburgh Derby, Alan Forrest transfer speculation, the potential of a Hearts B team and our recent injury woes. 

Looks like Devlin could make the semi, Atkinson and GMS are alright, Smith back running, but Soapy was wearing a protective boot so not sure if we’ll see him in maroon again.  

Reads appreciated. 

Good read, really not sure we will see Souttar this season. Love to be wrong

15 minutes ago, leginten said:

Apart from the ties we have played to get to the semi-final, tomorrow’s derby is by far our biggest game this season.

Lose it and we let Hibs into the top six, add 3-4000 on to their Hampden support and hand them a massive psychological advantage. Triple whammy. Defeat is unthinkable.

I trust everyone at the club is geared up for this. Hopefully Gary Locke is currently in a locked room at Tynecastle throwing chairs at the players.

You sometimes reach points in a successful season that ask more questions about the minerals of the team.  We are now entering that period over the next two weekends, imo.

It’s fighting talk from RN and we need to hear that, the players do. How they respond is the biggy now.  Do they think too much about the magnitude of the situation?…. or deal with it and show why we are far and away the most consistent team outside the OF?

Theres no getting away from it, it’s a test of bottle now. It’s easy in the aftermath when you’ve won to ask what the fuss was?…but that’s only because the team showed the guts and quality when necessary. Questions only get asked when you don’t live up to your billing.  

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You sometimes reach points in a successful season that ask more questions about the minerals of the team.  We are now entering that period over the next two weekends, imo.

It’s fighting talk from RN and we need to hear that, the players do. How they respond is the biggy now.  Do they think too much about the magnitude of the situation?…. or deal with it and show why we are far and away the most consistent team outside the OF?

Theres no getting away from it, it’s a test of bottle now. It’s easy in the aftermath when you’ve won to ask what the fuss was?…but that’s only because the team showed the guts and quality when necessary. Questions only get asked when you don’t live up to your billing.  

I don’t know if there will be a winner tomorrow - we could be on our way to the third 0-0 of the season. But if there is, I think that team will also win the semi-final.

Big balls and a big performance needed tomorrow.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Robbie has mentioned Dundee at least twice this season and them voting to have us demoted.

Its time to bring #!bs name up and their vote and the choice to give up money with the possibility of a better league position by seeing the season out.

Well if league positions didn’t bother you two years ago ya scummy bar stewards. You won’t mind what’s going to happen to you tomorrow when you get your @$$es handed to you. Have fun in the bottom 6 and an actual chance of a relegation battle.

GIRFUYYHB

6 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Yeah it's not as if the players have a chance to showcase and cement their places for a SCSF and possibly Final between now and the end of the season, to keep them on their toes ... 🙃😉

We_are_the_Hearts
27 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Robbie has mentioned Dundee at least twice this season and them voting to have us demoted.

Its time to bring #!bs name up and their vote and the choice to give up money with the possibility of a better league position by seeing the season out.

Well if league positions didn’t bother you two years ago ya scummy bar stewards. You won’t mind what’s going to happen to you tomorrow when you get your @$$es handed to you. Have fun in the bottom 6 and an actual chance of a relegation battle.

GIRFUYYHB

Be better staying quiet, we have been shite against Dundee

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

Stuff of legends.  

:shockio: :clumshot:

OmiyaHearts

Cannot wait for tomorrow. Working until 2, so will have to watch online. In Berlin for next weeks game as well!

Confident of brushing them aside both ties. 

A good win against Hibs tomorrow sets us up well for the semi and we're so far ahead of the rest in the league. 

3rd place, semi finals & dominance in derbies should be our minimum targets in seasons ahead. I think we're heading in that direction.

Aussie Jambo

Ozturk goal is up with Hartley free kick (4-1) Another “What the **** are you doo...yaaaaasssssssss! 

image.gif.1608bbcfd25c43d2d429033a3de6ad92.gif

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Be better staying quiet, we have been shite against Dundee

Exactly. 

He can talk all he wants,  and this has been a great season so far, but we need to perform over the next 8 days.

His derby record remains mediocre at best for whatever reason  

Time to change that.

We need to beat them tomorrow, put them in the bottom 6, force them to hand tickets back for the semi, outnumber them yet again at Hampden, and pump them in yet another semi

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Exactly. 

He can talk all he wants,  and this has been a great season so far, but we need to perform over the next 8 days.

His derby record remains mediocre at best for whatever reason  

Time to change that.

Robbie beat them in a semi at Hampden just 2 years ago. He can build on that by winning the next 2 games

3 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Robbie beat them in a semi at Hampden just 2 years ago. He can build on that by winning the next 2 games

Here's hoping. I'm not trying to have a go at him but it is a weak spot. 

7 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Mon the JT's !!!!

very much this 

Fire drill would be terrific.  Something they do well.  We might also have a mini one with those in the crowd who dont have tickets heading off to queue for them.

Looking forward to it but nervous too!

Anyone sitting in earshot of Maloney has to sing "are you wee or far away?" to the tune of "Whose the b-word in the black?"

Hoping for a 4 goal win (lower than 7-3), to absolutely ensure their bottom 6 status. Anything less and they can weasel into the top 6 if Ross County and Aberdeen draw and Livingston fail to win. I think? 

FC Wacker München
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

What's the game being shown on?

Hearts Tv for international subscribers and season ticket holders.

Failing that, you’ll be relying on a stream. Hesgoals etc

Brick Tamland

They need to win and because of this will leave gaps all over the place which we will take full advantage off. 

Their players have less experience of this kind of game. 

Their fans have been on their back and our fans will be right up for this. 
Their alleged better players are out for this. 
Their discipline is poor which could lead to a few yellows and at least one red. 
They need a flying start, which they won’t get that. 
Maloney is proving to be a shite manager and he knows the fans will be on his back. 
H1b5s as a club do not have a winning mentality, especially against us. 
They say that form goes out of the window in a derby but the kind of form above doesn’t, so I am expecting a win from us and piss and tears and snotters from them. 

‘mon the Hearts.