Will Smith

ri Alban

Canny be ersed reading the thread imo it was fake…if someone slags your misses you don’t slap them you knock them out

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• hughesie27

• jambo89

I was literally just checking into this thread again tos ee if there were still people who thought it was fake. Seems so. Amazing.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I was literally just checking into this thread again tos ee if there were still people who thought it was fake. Seems so. Amazing.

Careful with that mocking tone. They'll knock you out. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Honestly someone slags your misses you would just give them a wee slap

Just now, jamborich said:

Perhaps half way up to Rock he realised he was making a mistake but felt he couldn't back down so went with the slap. 
Still waiting to hear a decent answer as to what either of them get out of this faked altercation. 
Seen on response on Facebook yesterday suggesting it was all part of a promo for a new Will Smith film.

Nothing can just be real anymore. Everything needs to have a hidden agenda.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, jamborich said:

If I was a pampered millionaire who people normally just obey, maybe. Who knows what reality they inhabit?

But I can't imagine a reality where ol' Fresh Prince decided to make a raging hoop of himself on the biggest night of his professional career with no payoff.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If I was a pampered millionaire who people normally just obey, maybe. Who knows what reality they inhabit?

But I can't imagine a reality where ol' Fresh Prince decided to make a raging hoop of himself on the biggest night of his professional career with no payoff.

Staged otherwise we wouldn’t be talking about the Oscar’s it’s a shit show that needed attention..work it out

7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Staged otherwise we wouldn’t be talking about the Oscar’s it’s a shit show that needed attention..work it out

😄

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, jamborich said:

If it was staged, would he not have remembered to be ragin before his wife gave him a look? Would it not have been a better punch? Would it have ended with him looking a dick, Rock looking bewildered and abuse being hurled? Would Rock not have a better comeback than "I will" when being told to leave the wife alone?

A Boy Named Crow
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I have no idea if it was staged,  and I care even less...BUT... what if...his Oscar WAS his payoff???

:interehjrling:

5 hours ago, jamborich said:

What possible benefit could either of them have for this though?

Just now, FWJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60881824

Half way down the article - ticket sales for Chris Rock’s upcoming tour.

That's mighty impressive of Will to potentially ruin his career, so that he can help I guy he doesn't like get more ticket sales. It's not like Chris Rock makes any money from other avenues, like for example, the millions a movie actor makes.

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The joke made by Rock wasn't about a guy being bald.

It shouldn't make a difference whether the joke is about a man or a woman though.

Just now, superjack said:

It shouldn't make a difference whether the joke is about a man or a woman though.

I wasn't implying that it should.

As far as I know the guy chooses to be bald. Smith isn't making light of a medical issue. It's not the same joke.

(Both jokes perfectly acceptable to me)

39 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

That's mighty impressive of Will to potentially ruin his career, so that he can help I guy he doesn't like get more ticket sales. It's not like Chris Rock makes any money from other avenues, like for example, the millions a movie actor makes.

That’s as maybe - but you did ask !

👍

39 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Not that I think it was staged but this will have zero impact on his career. The directors and producers will still want him in their movies and people will still go to the cinema. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Not that I think it was staged but this will have zero impact on his career. The directors and producers will still want him in their movies and people will still go to the cinema. 

Not so sure it won’t have any impact. He’s built his career on being “mr nice guy” of Hollywood and could easily have an affect on the roles he is offered. People generally don’t like seeing bigger guys picking on / hitting little guys, but I guess time will tell how it affects him.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

That’s as maybe - but you did ask !

👍

I asked if it would benefit either. I can't see that any real benefit from that BBC article, or at least the neagtives far outweigh the short term benefits.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The joke made by Rock wasn't about a guy being bald.

Am I understanding you correctly here.

It's OK to make jokes about bald men, but not bald women?

Jambos_1874

I feel he should have stayed in character and hit him with a tennis racket (which should have been hidden under his seat as this was so "obviously" staged).

Rupert Pupkin
10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Edited by Rupert Pupkin
Don’t know what’s happened there or why it even quoted Ray Gin.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I feel he should have stayed in character and hit him with a tennis racket (which should have been hidden under his seat as this was so "obviously" staged).

Then Rock could have shouted “ out” 

Rupert Pupkin

Don’t know how much truth is in it…. 
Pfizer to launch Alopecia drug in a couple of months… And look who sponsored the Oscar’s..

7D7D62DA-135C-4514-A747-3D8771A3CADF.jpeg

F6C156FC-408D-4956-AFEE-3FDED5BD46D9.jpeg

56 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Am I understanding you correctly here.

It's OK to make jokes about bald men, but not bald women?

Nope you aren't.

Japan Jambo

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

My wife made a joke about my own hair loss last month. 

Nobody is buying tickets to her stand up shows...

Edited by Japan Jambo
poor taste

10 hours ago, jamborich said:

If you would assault somebody on live TV simply for making a wee joke about your missus' hair, you need to get a grip. Serious anger issues. 

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I wasn't implying that it should.

As far as I know the guy chooses to be bald. Smith isn't making light of a medical issue. It's not the same joke.

(Both jokes perfectly acceptable to me)

Your last sentence is where I'm at. Mates usually try to wind me up for being bald, just a joke, that's all. Not once have I ever skelpped someone for it.

Nucky Thompson

Will Smith has done no damaged to his career FFS. He is being hailed as a hero who stood up for his wife.

Chris Rocks has sold 25x more tickets for his shows and there are some gullible people who still think it was real

Chris rock seems like a sniedey little prick and because of the slap it been largely ignored.

Will Smith hiding the fact he was going to slap him until the last min was equally scumbag behaviour. Either go up raging or don't, don't do a surprise slap. Two losers.

12 hours ago, jonesy said:

Give her a slap on the chops and her ticket sales with be through the roof.

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, jonesy said:

Only because of the belief that you're her scriptwriter.

:whistling:

Edit:

Just read @Sir Craig Gordon reply,

a lot better than mine.😢

Edited by Tommy Brown

Unknown user

What we all really want to know is how are sales going for her shitty nu metal band?

Edited by Smithee

Quite funny that a fake slap at the Oscars and Boris on the piss are more prevalent story's in the media ahead of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Speaks volumes about the stupidity of the human race.

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Academy now say that Will Smith was asked to leave the ceremony but refused to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60935900

So why wasn't he kicked out, no point in asking someone to leave if you are not going to make them, if they refuse.

That’s bull . They are covering their arse . Take the Oscar off him . They can do this . He can get another time . Andrew Garfield was much better in his film anyway . 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s bull . They are covering their arse . Take the Oscar off him . They can do this . He can get another time . Andrew Garfield was much better in his film anyway . 

Yeh, I'm spectical about it as well, because why ask him to leave then not enforce it when he said no, and why wait 2 days before mentioning this, the Academy made a statement yesterday, why did they not mention it then.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, I'm spectical about it as well, because why ask him to leave then not enforce it when he said no, and why wait 2 days before mentioning this, the Academy made a statement yesterday, why did they not mention it then.

Exactly