Will Smith

ri Alban

I’m not a fan of either. Both are hyped up egomaniacs. that joke was in very bad taste in my opinion.   Should of just kept it at a volley of vocal abuse back to Chris though apparently there is history there so probably brewing for a while.  

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• hughesie27

• jambo89

heatonjambo
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Ok previously prestigious event ?  Its never been the same since the old stars died like the ones i mentioned above. They all have class and elegance etc. No slapping each other around the pus. 

Pure class from Bette and Marlon.  My two favourites. 

Didn’t realise she was a munchkin in Oz

chuck berrys hairline

Im sure they've all heard worse at the Def Comedy Jam and Phat Tuesday events they used to attend 👀 i wonder if its old beef from there!

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I only saw the slap at first, but then I saw the whole thing and I wondered if it was some kind of setup.

It would be much of a surprise if it was all staged. Certainly watching the pathetic slap a few times it looks like it's faked. Laughed at one tweet saying "what a very West Philly Oscars". 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Didn’t realise she was a munchkin in Oz

LOL. no she had that cap on as she had shaved her hair for a part in a film.  Always  the professional Bette was. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hollywood full of complete dicks, all of them.

Will Smith is a shite actor and Chris Rock is less funny than a mass grave.

8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Bitch Slap. Looked choreographed.

For a guy who played Ali in the movie and learned how to throw a punch,  it was either staged or/and plain embarrassing...!

It looked like that and if he'd left it at that it would be just a funny incident. 

But he sat down and started swearing at Rock like he really meant it. 

It’s a bit Victorian, isn’t it?  Man hits another man to defend his woman’s honour.

Would have been a bit more like it if Jada had marched up there and decked him.

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Chris Rockmis the victim here. Hopefully he gets to host the oscars next year. If not, it will be a right slap in the face

Not really a punchline

8 hours ago, Say What Again said:

1648459810211-png.1674616

His reaction, agree with it or not, to the one joke has predictably now attracted a thousand more

That's an absolute belter 😂😜😂

7 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Staged pish. Will Smith is a unit and if he really punched him, Chris Rock would end up on a slab. 

I don't think it was staged but I think he probably felt a slap was more deserving. Its a put down which has certain connotations. 

Saying that, he should've pulled him afterwards. Slapping him in front of the world was stupid... 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

I don't think it was staged but I think he probably felt a slap was more deserving. Its a put down which has certain connotations. 

Saying that, he should've pulled him afterwards. Slapping him in front of the world was stupid... 

I don't think it was staged but Will Smith isn't out fighting every weekend, I think that's all he had in him.

Classless to sucker slap him though

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think it was staged but Will Smith isn't out fighting every weekend, I think that's all he had in him.

Classless to sucker slap him though

Agreed re the second point. I could argue re the first point that he's a big lad who was trained by sugar Ray leonards trainer so the likelihood is that he can hit someone hard enough to knock them over if he chooses to but I guess thats not the point. 

He should have exercised control regardless. Not his finest hour. 

A Boy Named Crow

I'm not saying it definitely was staged, BUT the only reason* anybody us talking about the annual  Hollywood tug-fest is this incident...y'know.

* Actually the female comedians who were groping the male actors on stage and making objectifying comments about them must be breathing a sigh of relief. Without this, hypocrisy would have been the story of the night!

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'm not saying it definitely was staged, BUT the only reason* anybody us talking about the annual  Hollywood tug-fest is this incident...y'know.

* Actually the female comedians who were groping the male actors on stage and making objectifying comments about them must be breathing a sigh of relief. Without this, hypocrisy would have been the story of the night!

Sorry who in the what now? 

Unknown user

I don't think it's even slightly likely that he took up an offer to make a **** of himself on the biggest night of his career

A Boy Named Crow
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think it's even slightly likely that he took up an offer to make a **** of himself on the biggest night of his career

Aye, I suppose it would seem unlikely. 

JudyJudyJudy

Yes that was shameful too . Only highlight was Liza Minnelli and Lady Gaga displaying class . It also over shadowed the deaf film “ Coda “

winning best picture and also Jane Campion becoming only the second woman to win best director . 

Maybe if his missus had nutted him and then sconned him with the statue at the after party, it might have looked convincing. But it's Hollywood and nothing is real......!

Does anyone actually watch this crap anymore....?

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Maybe if his missus had nutted him and then sconned him with the statue at the after party, it might have looked convincing. But it's Hollywood and nothing is real......!

Does anyone actually watch this crap anymore....?

I know one couple that get dressed up to the 9s to watch it in the house :laugh2:

Edited by Smithee

Just now, Smithee said:

I know one couple that get dressed up to the 9s to watch it in the house :laugh2:

That's one of the most tragic things I've heard in a while. :lol: 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

That's one of the most tragic things I've heard in a while. :lol: 

Lovely, lovely human beings too!

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sounds fun lol 😂 I haven’t went that far 😎

Unknown user
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Sounds fun lol 😂 I haven’t went that far 😎

They really go to town, champers, decorations and all that, it's their Hogmanay. Bless them they're really nice though

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

They really go to town, champers, decorations and all that, it's their Hogmanay. Bless them they're really nice though

Why not ! We all Need a bit glitz and glamour in our lives . I’ve couple gay pals who go all out for the Eurovision Song Contest , dressed to the 9s etc invite everyone around , have scoring cards for each song . Drink a plenty . Haven’t seen them in years though but did enjoy those nights. 

Unknown user

"Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.

"I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

"I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us.

"I am a work in progress."

Japan Jambo
57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

With that amount of detail is your knowledge first hand? :th_wink:

Japan Jambo
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.

"I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

"I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us.

"I am a work in progress."

Good to see he's still acting out someone else's lines - I'd wager he didn't write a word of that.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

With that amount of detail is your knowledge first hand? :th_wink:

I've been at their house on the day, buggered if I was sticking around though! Awards ceremonies and formal dress will be in my personal circle of hell.

Say What Again
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Why not ! We all Need a bit glitz and glamour in our lives . I’ve couple gay pals who go all out for the Eurovision Song Contest , dressed to the 9s etc invite everyone around , have scoring cards for each song . Drink a plenty . Haven’t seen them in years though but did enjoy those nights. 

I worked beside a girl who got her friends round and they did exactly the same thing. Eurovision themed cocktails on the night, Eurovision quiz, scoring etc. She looked forward to it for months and why not.

Her husband liked it too as he was sent to the pub for the night to kep him out the way 🙂

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I worked beside a girl who got her friends round and they did exactly the same thing. Eurovision themed cocktails on the night, Eurovision quiz, scoring etc. She looked forward to it for months and why not.

Her husband liked it too as he was sent to the pub for the night to kep him out the way 🙂

Aye it was a good night really . We would score each song / performer marks out of 10 . Song , costume and performance . The winner got a bottle of gin as a prize ! 😎

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Good to see he's still acting out someone else's lines - I'd wager he didn't write a word of that.

The academy needs to show some balls and recind the award and Just cancel the best actor award from this year . Only right thing to do . 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The academy needs to show some balls and recind the award and Just cancel the best actor award from this year . Only right thing to do . 

Ah who cares, it's a prize for being good at pretending

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah who cares, it's a prize for being good at pretending

Well in the grand scheme of things it means f all really . Garbo , Chaplin , Hitchcock , Deborah Kerr , Peter Otoole , Richard Burton , Glenn Close have never  won a competitive Oscar  Gwenth Paltrow and Julia Roberts have ! Says it all 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well in the grand scheme of things it means f all really . Garbo , Chaplin , Hitchcock , Deborah Kerr , Peter Otoole , Richard Burton , Glenn Close have never  won a competitive Oscar  Gwenth Paltrow and Julia Roberts have ! Says it all 

The Fresh Prince of Bel air has :laugh2:

I see Jazzy Jeff's an early favourite for next year's best animation

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The Fresh Prince of Bel air has :laugh2:

I see Jazzy Jeff's an early favourite for next year's best animation

I’ve only seen couple of his films. He’s ok nowt outstanding in my book . He’s no Anthony Hopkins 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye but the difference is that Eurovision never takes itself seriously. It's self aware in its ludicrosity.

The Oscars tries to pretend it's a serious, important thing with actual meaning.

doctor jambo

Not convinced she has alopecia. Excellent density of hair all over her head without any bald patches at all.

Even in her “I’ve shaved my head shots “

perfect covering of stubble.

I suspect she’s just bonkers.

Hence why her kids are bonkers .

Hence why Will is a bit frayed.

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Not convinced she has alopecia. Excellent density of hair all over her head without any bald patches at all.

Even in her “I’ve shaved my head shots “

perfect covering of stubble.

I suspect she’s just bonkers.

Hence why her kids are bonkers .

Hence why Will is a bit frayed.

We all knew somebody whose bursd qas a bit psycho 

"Did you hear what he said? You better kick his c##t in"