• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• hughesie27

• jambo89

jambostuart

Seemed to laugh at the joke, see his wife's reaction and stood up for her. Not a fan of him and in fact think he's a wank but fair play for standing up for his wife. Was an unusually cruel joke for the Oscars

Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, if a punter takes the P out your wife in the pub, we'd all react the same. On the other hand, it was a comedian making a joke at a showbiz event.

Threats to life or physical harm, yes. A joke about her shaving her head. (Faking hair lose). Gie's Peace.

Richard Madeley hates Chris Rock, so he's using it to fuel his hatred.(Because of one bad interview, which Chris Rock has always admitted he hates interviews)

If someone from the crowd came on and attacked comedians they'd be in the jail. Smith is obviously a violent man and the rumours from Bel-Air are true . 

Just now, Herbert. said:

Are the cringy jokes not all scripted? It's probably been set up to cause controversy.

I thought the same.

Guess he'll be moving in with his Auntie and Uncle now after that small altercation. 

Edited by Der Kaiser

Samuel Camazzola
37 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Guess he'll be moving in with his Auntie and Uncle now after that small altercation. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:policeman:

Just saw on the news. Good on him. Probably set up though for an extra bit of pizzazz for something few people outside America cares about. 

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wouldnt be surprised if its scripted to bring some attention to an awards ceremony no one cares about. 

That's exactly what I was saying. It was totally staged :lol:

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's exactly what I was saying. It was totally staged :lol:

I just don’t think smith would swear like that on live tv. 

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It wasn't scripted ffs

The organisers knew what Chris rock was going to say and they wouldn't let a A lister walk into a roasting unprepared. 

7 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

The organisers knew what Chris rock was going to say and they wouldn't let a A lister walk into a roasting unprepared. 

🤣

Under the floodlight
17 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Actors huh!

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It wasn't scripted ffs

If Smith was that angry, he would've knocked him out.

2 actors staging a pretend slap/punch. 

Watch it back in slow motion, ham sound effects too :lol:

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He was laughing till he seen her reaction. Smith has nothing to gain from this.

It wasn't faked.

The Hogfather

I'm sure Will Smith would happily have his character called into serious question for the sake of some laughs at the Oscars. That's totally plausible.

Here Chris, fancy doing something crazy at The Oscars that makes us both look really bad? Aye, it will be a laugh. We'll get Denzel in on it too.

All roads lead to Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Will Smiths a bellend. 

The Fresh Prince of Bell-End.

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He's not some hard nut, he's a multi millionaire actor who's used to getting his own way.

If that was staged he wouldn't have been laughing, he wouldn't have started swearing and he wouldn't have made himself look such a *****.

Салатные палочки

100% faked. 

Slap, punch, spit, anything your first reaction would be to put your hand to your face afterwards. The two of them can barely keep the smiles off their faces either. Lot of pish. 

I dont think it was staged imo.

Defending your family is honourable in one aspect but it was just a joke. Maybe Chris Rock should have joked about her affair to balance it.

Gervais said much worse at all his Globes appearances and no one hit him, not even Mel Gibson.

Ron Burgundy

Poor Will. She's still gonna be getting humped by anyone who takes her fancy and continue to use him as a doormat.

Jambo 4 Ever

Was stupid thing to do

violence won’t solve anything

if it was self defence or if someone had hit his wife then fair enough 

Jambos_1874

After hitting him why didn't he use that memory eraser device to prevent anyone giving negative coverage of his monumental feck up?

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Should have hit him harder 

No need to go after his wife’s untreatable medical condition 

Stupid thing to do 

I don't understand. He set himself up beautifully for a cracking punch and then slapped him instead?

As they say, if you're going to steal a sheep, you might as well shag it too...

As a self proclaimed funny man, you'd think Big Willie himself would be able to see it as an innocent enough joke, regardless of how it came across. Also, given their position in showbiz, I'd imagine Chris Rock and Will Smith have crossed paths many times and have at the very least, a decent professional relationship. Rather than show yourself up in front of the entire world, surely he could've just pulled Chris Rock aside after and had a word?

Just watched the video there. Will Smith having a right old chuckle at the time. Judging by Rock's reaction, I'm going to say it caught him off guard for sure, but Will Smith's handling of it all is a bit bizarre.

JudyJudyJudy

Heres the full scene. 

It definitely isnt scripted as actors etc are told quite clearly they cant say shit on live tv.  Some think it was chivalrous of him to  " defend " his wifes honour whilst others think she stirred the shit as he seemed fine after the initial joke until she said something ? Also its 2022 and women are quite able to defend themselves.   

On a serious note its extremely tacky and embarrassing.  

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was stupid thing to do

violence won’t solve anything

if it was self defence or if someone had hit his wife then fair enough 

And he wasn't wearing a mask, totally reckless behaviour

JudyJudyJudy

Actually just thinking more about this issue. I suppose if it is authentic it is quite worrying regarding the concept of cancel culture. ?  Are jokes now off the radar at these events as everyone is so sensitive and cant take joke ?  Whatever it has back fired on both the Smiths really. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

And he wasn't wearing a mask, totally reckless behaviour

Rock as well, there's little scientific evidence for it but surely a mask would have slightly softened the blow?

Say What Again

I don't mind Will Smith but that made him look a total knob.

Rebel Wilson was on the radio earlier saying it's always been a comedians job to walk the line with jokes and that's what it was. I could understand that reaction if he suggested his wife was a slapper or something like that. A joke about alopecia? FFS

Not a chance it was scripted. Chris Rock looks stunned and Will Smith goes back to his seat and starts screaming f-bombs. 

Hey guys, we've got this great idea to create a bit of media attention. Chris, you'll take a slap in the chops and Will, you'll like like a tosser in front of millions around the world and your acting peers. Yous in, aye?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You can take the man out of the scheme but not the scheme out of the man. 

Bring back the likes of real class like Cary Grant, David Niven, Ronald Colman, James Stewart et al  What an insulting spectacle that was last night for such an prestigious event.  He should have been thrown out of the theatre immediately. He probably would have if he hadnt been the winner of the Best actor. . He has made a monumental fool of himself. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Bring back the likes of real class like Cary Grant, David Niven, Ronald Colman, James Stewart et al  What an insulting spectacle that was last night for such an prestigious event.  He should have been thrown out of the theatre immediately. He probably would have if he hadnt been the winner of the Best actor. . He has made a monumental fool of himself. 

I don't want to be drawn on the rights and wrongs of what he did but would a prestigious event employ someone to make jokes about the illnesses of people in their audience? Not sure they would.

The Oscars are an irrelevance these days, playing for views. So prestigious in fact that I'll bet they're loving the attention it's brought.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't want to be drawn on the rights and wrongs of what he did but would a prestigious event employ someone to make jokes about the illnesses of people in their audience? Not sure they would.

The Oscars are an irrelevance these days, playing for views. So prestigious in fact that I'll bet they're loving the attention it's brought.

Ok previously prestigious event ?  Its never been the same since the old stars died like the ones i mentioned above. They all have class and elegance etc. No slapping each other around the pus. 

Pure class from Bette and Marlon.  My two favourites.