Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• hughesie27

• jambo89

Unknown user
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Smith has made a complete t*t of himself 😄

Aye, it was close to the bone, but he's clearly out of order. Is it now acceptable to get out your seat and twat comedians you don't like?

A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye, it was close to the bone, but he's clearly out of order. Is it now acceptable to get out your seat and twat comedians you don't like?

Michael McIntyre's dentist will be in for some pay day!

Unknown user
Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

Michael McIntyre's dentist will be in for some pay day!

Jimmy Carr's getting his affairs in order

JudyJudyJudy

Least there was some class and dignity last night at the ceremony.  That woman is an inspiration to the heavy drinkers. party goers and drug users that you can still get to old age .. God bless her. Lovely person and a great talent. Lady Gaga was so supportive to her. Women showing the men up really. 

Bitch Slap. Looked choreographed.

For a guy who played Ali in the movie and learned how to throw a punch,  it was either staged or/and plain embarrassing...!

Auld Reekin'

There should be more violence at self-congratulatory, celebrity, shows i.m.o.  :icon14:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't want to be drawn on the rights and wrongs of what he did but would a prestigious event employ someone to make jokes about the illnesses of people in their audience? Not sure they would.

The Oscars are an irrelevance these days, playing for views. So prestigious in fact that I'll bet they're loving the attention it's brought.

First up, Smith going up to slap Rock was a stupid thing to do - he's made a tit of himself by doing so mainly because he didn't deck the guy so it's opened him up to all these macho posts of him being a p**sy and so on. He was never going to win on that one because, behind our keyboards, we're all so much harder than he is.

However, he was absolutely within his rights to be raging about it. None of us knows how his wife has suffered with losing her hair. As you've mentioned, it's an illness and I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for anyone to suffer that illness. Especially someone glamorous in the public eye. Some might cope with it but, clearly, many don't. You only need to look at the lengths gone to by some blokes (Klopp, Rooney, Conte, Dwight) to avoid natural, non-illness-related, baldness to know that it's a big thing.

In comedy, there's a very fine line between what you can get away with and what you can't. The recent furore over Jimmy Carr is just one example where his joke can be analysed to be quite a clever observation. I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about it but Chris Rock's just seems to be a cruel personal dig. I wouldn't have stood on stage and said it, least of all while looking directly at her. He's definitely the bigger knob in this.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

There should be more violence at self-congratulatory, celebrity, event shows i.m.o.  :icon14:

This is also a very good point :D

You just know in the coming days there are going to be clips coming out of smith making fun of someone from the last 30 years or so 

Someone will be trawling the internet as we speak to find stuff smith has said over the years 

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

There should be more violence at self-congratulatory, celebrity, shows i.m.o.  :icon14:

:greatpost:

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The joke was terrible imo.  In poor taste.

If he was that raging about it there were loads of ways to go about it, getting up and slapping him was the probably the worst option.  The shouting and balling after was cringe worthy in the extreme.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

First up, Smith going up to slap Rock was a stupid thing to do - he's made a tit of himself by doing so mainly because he didn't deck the guy so it's opened him up to all these macho posts of him being a p**sy and so on. He was never going to win on that one because, behind our keyboards, we're all so much harder than he is.

However, he was absolutely within his rights to be raging about it. None of us knows how his wife has suffered with losing her hair. As you've mentioned, it's an illness and I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for anyone to suffer that illness. Especially someone glamorous in the public eye. Some might cope with it but, clearly, many don't. You only need to look at the lengths gone to by some blokes (Klopp, Rooney, Conte, Dwight) to avoid natural, non-illness-related, baldness to know that it's a big thing.

In comedy, there's a very fine line between what you can get away with and what you can't. The recent furore over Jimmy Carr is just one example where his joke can be analysed to be quite a clever observation. I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about it but Chris Rock's just seems to be a cruel personal dig. I wouldn't have stood on stage and said it, least of all while looking directly at her. He's definitely the bigger knob in this.

Will Smith will not tolerate other men making jokes about his wife. He will however tolerate other men having sex with his wife. This is a man of principle 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Will Smith will not tolerate other men making jokes about his wife. He will however tolerate other men having sex with his wife. This is a man of principle 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yip. Ok for a man to put meat into her but don't take the piss out of her.

Say What Again

1648459810211-png.1674616

His reaction, agree with it or not, to the one joke has predictably now attracted a thousand more

Edited by Say What Again

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yip. Ok for a man to put meat into her but don't take the piss out of her.

I’m sure  they have an open relationship where they sleep around.  Each to their own.

But no need for slagging someone for an autoimmune condition that can be distressing and life changing. 

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:gok:   

Meanwhile - "The Academy does not condone violence of any form."  ..... says the organisation which rewards folk who make films depicting extreme violence and murder.

:facepalm:

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Say What Again said:

I don't mind Will Smith but that made him look a total knob.

Rebel Wilson was on the radio earlier saying it's always been a comedians job to walk the line with jokes and that's what it was. I could understand that reaction if he suggested his wife was a slapper or something like that. A joke about alopecia? FFS

Not a chance it was scripted. Chris Rock looks stunned and Will Smith goes back to his seat and starts screaming f-bombs. 

Hey guys, we've got this great idea to create a bit of media attention. Chris, you'll take a slap in the chops and Will, you'll like like a tosser in front of millions around the world and your acting peers. Yous in, aye?

Hmm not sure I agree as it was taking the piss out of Mrs S.

Woman are a different breed and very self-concious on their appearance.

Doesn't mean he should be going on stage and smacking him though.

Never thought it funny for so-called comedians to be calling females ugly (Victoria Beckham seemed to be on the end of this for a while). Going off on a tangent with this a bit.

Say What Again
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hmm not sure I agree as it was taking the piss out of Mrs S.

Woman are a different breed and very self-concious on their appearance.

Doesn't mean he should be going on stage and smacking him though.

Yeah, I didn't word my post as well as I could have. Hair loss to a woman, and probably even more so a celebrity, could be a huge thing for them to deal with.

It was a comedian making a joke though. You can't walk and stage and belt the boy for it. Pull him afterwards if you must.

Imagine the kicking Ricky Gervais would have taken at the Golden Globes. 😂

Then citing love as a reason for violence is a debate in itself.

Edited by Say What Again

Ron Burgundy
26 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I’m sure  they have an open relationship where they sleep around.  Each to their own.

But no need for slagging someone for an autoimmune condition that can be distressing and life changing. 

I'm pretty sure they don't have an open relationship. She has however been caught out having affairs as far as I know.

Plenty many men get slagged off or joked about for going bald. Equal rights and all that.

Plus she comes across as a horrible piece of work who treats him like shite.

Feel like there must be some underlying friction between the Smiths and Rock for this reaction, as a celeb you are up there to be shot at and you have to learn to roll with it.

I get the feeling that will and Jadas (well publicised) marriage issues are at the heart of this, maybe he felt the need to defend her honour, maybe she told will to bitchslap Rock because she was offended.

Either way, they have all worked together previously so you would imagine there is a relationship there and maybe that has caused tension before

Staged pish. Will Smith is a unit and if he really punched him, Chris Rock would end up on a slab. 

16 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Staged pish. Will Smith is a unit and if he really punched him, Chris Rock would end up on a slab. 

What possible benefit would either of them have if it was staged. I doubt Will Smith cares enough about t.v. viewing figures for an awards show to possibly throw his career away.

niblick1874
5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was stupid thing to do

violence won’t solve anything

if it was self defence or if someone had hit his wife then fair enough 

Explain how violence will not solve anything and yet, as you have put forward above, it is fair enough when it comes to self defence and the protection of others. You then go on to say that after a violent attack it is ok to do a violent act on someone that has committed that violent attack.

33 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

He never really punched him though, or pretended to. He slapped him. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Explain how violence will not solve anything and yet, as you have put forward above, it is fair enough when it comes to self defence and the protection of others. You then go on to say that after a violent attack it is ok to do a violent act on someone that has committed that violent attack.

Yes, nibbles investigates!

7 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It was quite clear what his point was.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I don't know anything about her extra-maritals but I'm sure that the two don't compare quite so simply.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

If Jada Smith doesnt like jokes about alopecia then thats hair loss. 

See? Now that's a good play on words. I still wouldn't say it to her face, though.

Jambo 4 Ever
26 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

If you are defending yourself being physical yes but when someone is verbally saying something then it’s not ok to hit them.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Say What Again said:

Yeah, I didn't word my post as well as I could have. Hair loss to a woman, and probably even more so a celebrity, could be a huge thing for them to deal with.

It was a comedian making a joke though. You can't walk and stage and belt the boy for it. Pull him afterwards if you must.

Imagine the kicking Ricky Gervais would have taken at the Golden Globes. 😂

Then citing love as a reason for violence is a debate in itself.

It’s pathetic . Take the Oscar off him . Give it to the best acting performance which was actually Andrew Garfield . The academy is so woke now I can guarantee nothing will be done . 

55 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

What possible benefit would either of them have if it was staged. I doubt Will Smith cares enough about t.v. viewing figures for an awards show to possibly throw his career away.

Exactly . It doesn’t make any sense and as I said before the Oscar’s try to be so squeaky clean , so him effin and blinding after it was probably even more an affront to them than the physical assault . It was a trash reaction to a lame comment . 

JudyJudyJudy

Least the Williams sisters were serving some realness on the runway. Whereas what was Jada wearing ? Half a hedge ? 😩

60A74E3C-C5C1-4767-98B0-BB73EED5E05C.jpeg

46F359C2-E6B9-4B4A-ADD8-11E01BE76B73.jpeg

28AFAFFB-4B2A-4268-85FA-DD95DF3D81AE.png

Edited by JamesM48

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

He lost that on points as well as he's on film laughing at the joke. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Everything was fine until he got The Look

Anyway, back to the memes

FB_IMG_1648485128896.thumb.jpg.31af14ce421e0ccd2e43aa716376f800.jpg

Edited by Smithee

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you are defending yourself being physical yes but when someone is verbally saying something then it’s not ok to hit them.

You said violence solved nothing. You are full of it. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I only saw the slap at first, but then I saw the whole thing and I wondered if it was some kind of setup.

niblick1874
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

It was quite clear what his point was.

My point was that he contradicted himself with his point that violence did not solve anything then he said it did. It was far from clear.