***** Official St Mirren v Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

Thought Craig Gordon was poor today! Can’t recall him making a single save!

good result away from home, other teams near by dropping points… bring on Europe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• King prawn

• Hearts007

7 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Thought Craig Gordon was poor today! Can’t recall him making a single save!

good result away from home, other teams near by dropping points… bring on Europe.

Well, that's not what the St Mirren manager thinks.  He thought terrible decisions went against his side and they should have won.

Hope our lads remember that when we see him again shortly.

34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Julie Fleeting on Results programme 

hibs have been playing really well and got their first win in 8 last week 

:wow:

You just have to laugh 😂 

Colonel Kurtz
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Only been watching Hearts since Christmas?

50 years pal   Renton winchester murphy smith eskillson et al that was the worst

th

39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Every week, win lose or draw here you are having a pop at Hearts fans. So regular now it’s simply trolling

just block him, never happy unless he his having a go at Hearts fans,

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

just block him, never happy unless he his having a go at Hearts fans,

Absolutely. He absolutely bombs threads with so many of these posts

Fantastic result, honestly did not see that coming, well done hearts and the coaching staff for putting In  a shift and getting a win. Let's get another win on Wednesday now.

34 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

50 years pal   Renton winchester murphy smith eskillson et al that was the worst

th

Dont forget Harry Kinnear and Don Murray 🤣🤣🤣🤣. God we watched some shite in my youth (late sixties/early seventies. 

Great result. 

I've just finished work so didn't catch any commentary. Did we play well? I seen the stats and it looks a convincing victory, which is very pleasing. 

Well done to Robbie and the lads.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Every week, win lose or draw here you are having a pop at Hearts fans. So regular now it’s simply trolling

I said rabids. 

They might not be Hearts fans as it has been pointed out me- this is a forum for general football discussion. 

I've even been called a bell end on a reply to your post just there, yet you'll say nothing about that despite being all over me. 

If you're going to take the morale high ground be consistent. 

Otherwise give up the pretence. 

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Great result. 

I've just finished work so didn't catch any commentary. Did we play well? I seen the stats and it looks a convincing victory, which is very pleasing. 

Well done to Robbie and the lads.

Depends on who you ask, as always. :lol:

First 30 minutes were hard fought and not the best football to watch but we were generally dominant and had a few chances. They got frustrated and started trying to hard-tackle Beni (who was giving them fits) and that led to the red.

For the rest of the half we peppered their goal but they parked the bus, and Boyce missed at least a half dozen chances. (Biggest downer of the day, really, he just could not find the net despite working hard to get onto chances.) TBF their keeper was their MotM and had a great day but we really could have done better.

At about 55' Robbie did a triple sub and within 15 minutes we had a 2 goal lead. Simms scored one of the more awkward goals you'll see and Devlin finally broke his duck on a rebound created by Simms, and his celebration was sheer joy. We had a few more chances but around 80' Mirren pretty much threw in the towel and the game died.

Solid performance all around except for Boyce kicking bricks.

Bazzas right boot

Just seen the game on Alba. 

Boyce had some really nice touches, key parts in both goals as well. 

The sitter talk was a bit ott as well, good saves and a bit luck. 

He also played well overall. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

th

Ernie Winchester! There's a name I'd forgotten about. Lots of effort and ... not much else, is my recollection.  However, he was the first player I ever heard of having played in the USA - Kansas City, I think? That was pretty exotic for a teenage Niddrie laddie.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Free header 7 yards out centre of the goal and fails to hit the target?

Would like to hear your definition of a sitter

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He did play very well outside of his shooting and the keeper did snuff a few chances very well but he also just missed the frame entirely on some basic chances.

As usual KB is a bit OTT on things but he really did let himself and the team down doing a striker's most essential job.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we're going to continue with a 4-2-3-1, I'd play Boyce in the number 10 role, with Simms up front. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Free header 7 yards out centre of the goal and fails to hit the target?

Would like to hear your definition of a sitter

Open goal, unmarked very close in. 

Usually on the ground, ball not too fast, plenty  time to adjust feet, requiring little movement or effort to get the ball into the goal. 

If the keeper is in the way of the ball and the goal I wouldn't class it as a sitter as clearly you have to have direction to beat the keeper, that takes it away from sitter territory for me and towards  bad miss/ unlucky /  good save territory. 

Something like 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/TheSunFootball/videos/missing-a-sitter/766243187232874/&ved=2ahUKEwig__uImJ72AhWQYcAKHXjjDn0Qo7QBegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw178asaEwun9y2cOykqvBMg

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

This, worst poster no matter your position on the team or management 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

If we're going to continue with a 4-2-3-1, I'd play Boyce in the number 10 role, with Simms up front. 

Simms is good but has limited influence over the  entire game I've noticed. 

Has a poor touch and his hold up play is limited. 

Direct tho and runs the channels 

Both have different quality's. 

I like Simms tho, early signs is I'd like to keep him. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

He did play very well outside of his shooting and the keeper did snuff a few chances very well but he also just missed the frame entirely on some basic chances.

As usual KB is a bit OTT on things but he really did let himself and the team down doing a striker's most essential job.

Played his part in a good team victory imo. 

His flick on for the first to McKay was lovely. 

Subtle Stuff like that can go unnoticed by fans, especially when at the game. 

Just watched the Alba highlights not knowing the result or score.  Good result.   Fortunately and deservedly St Mirren get a player sent off.    Could have been two off.   Shame we only got two goals.    Could be more with the chances we had.   Brilliant Devlin got his first after some facing off with the opposition.     Shame I  wasn't there to see it.   

Good the team got back on form again.    Need to follow it up with another versus Aberdeen now. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

This, worst poster no matter your position on the team or management 

Worst posters  imo would have names like "spit on a stranger". 

Spitonastranger
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Worst posters  imo would have names like "spit on a stranger". 

Ohh Oscar Wilde. You don't even know where my name comes from.

Bazzas right boot

When was it OK to grab a Hearts player by the shirt and press your head against them as well. 

****ing ridiculous, thinks that's 3 times now some one's done that to Devlin and only been booked or nothing happened. 

19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sorry, Tosh, but Boyce's job (as it were) is to score goals.

Today, he made an arse of his job.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spitonastranger said:

Ohh Oscar Wilde. You don't even know where my name comes from.

Don't care either. 

Brass neck going on about Worst posters tho. 

Spitonastranger

Don't care either. 

Brass neck going on about Worst posters tho. 

How what makes my posts as awful as yours. Not allowing an opinion and being wide on the Internet 

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Just watched the Alba highlights not knowing the result or score.  Good result.   Fortunately and deservedly St Mirren get a player sent off.    Could have been two off.   Shame we only got two goals.    Could be more with the chances we had.   Brilliant Devlin got his first after some facing off with the opposition.     Shame I  wasn't there to see it.   

Good the team got back on form again.    Need to follow it up with another versus Aberdeen now. 

My thoughts, entirely ...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Morgan said:

Sorry, Tosh, but Boyce's job (as it were) is to score goals.

Today, he made an arse of his job.

Team game. 

He didn't do that part  well today ( score) but forwards / strikers do more than just score goals. 

Had an important part in both goals today - team won

Job done by every player. 

And

Manager 

👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spitonastranger said:

How what makes my posts as awful as yours. Not allowing an opinion and being wide on the Internet 

Nah, calling folk things like  "worse posters" while having a name like spit on a stranger. 

Not great posting. Off topic as well 

25 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Depends on who you ask, as always. :lol:

First 30 minutes were hard fought and not the best football to watch but we were generally dominant and had a few chances. They got frustrated and started trying to hard-tackle Beni (who was giving them fits) and that led to the red.

For the rest of the half we peppered their goal but they parked the bus, and Boyce missed at least a half dozen chances. (Biggest downer of the day, really, he just could not find the net despite working hard to get onto chances.) TBF their keeper was their MotM and had a great day but we really could have done better.

At about 55' Robbie did a triple sub and within 15 minutes we had a 2 goal lead. Simms scored one of the more awkward goals you'll see and Devlin finally broke his duck on a rebound created by Simms, and his celebration was sheer joy. We had a few more chances but around 80' Mirren pretty much threw in the towel and the game died.

Solid performance all around except for Boyce kicking bricks.

So on another Boyce scores a hattrick and we give them a hammering? 

Delighted for Devlin to score his first goal.

Thanks for the summary.

Spitonastranger

Nah, calling folk things like  "worse posters" while having a name like spit on a stranger. 

Not great posting. Off topic as well 

I was agreeing with another poster. Again you mention my name, but no bothered aye🥸 stick to abusing Hearts fans though. Anyway I'm away to enjoy my night without your nonsense 

That was a good win for us today and other results went for us as well. Result was never in question. 
Hopefully the last few games was just a blip in form and we are back on track now. 
We have a shit record at St Midden and I don’t see how anyone can’t be happy with that result today 

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Played his part in a good team victory imo. 

His flick on for the first to McKay was lovely. 

Subtle Stuff like that can go unnoticed by fans, especially when at the game. 

Yes, he did all that. You could call his game today a perfect Connor Sammon. High work rate doing everything a striker is supposed to do, except for the bit about finishing chances.

Which is the most important thing a striker has to do.

Again I don't want to dismiss the good work he did but a striker who can't finish is a bit like a carpenter who's great at everything except making a straight cut.

Much improved today helped by going 4-2-3-1. Souttar and Kingsley are more comfortable in a four and today disproves that shite about Halkett only being able to play in a back three.

In control the whole game. Early subs and a change to a 4-4-2 in the second half helped win it for us. Good to see Neilson changing things early. 

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

So on another Boyce scores a hattrick and we give them a hammering? 

Delighted for Devlin to score his first goal.

Thanks for the summary.

Yep. Really should have been over in the first half. Woodburn also put a couple of decent chances onto the roof of the stands. If Boyce is clinical and their keeper isn't on his best it's 3-0 at HT and the second half is a waltz.

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Open goal, unmarked very close in. 

Usually on the ground, ball not too fast, plenty  time to adjust feet, requiring little movement or effort to get the ball into the goal. 

If the keeper is in the way of the ball and the goal I wouldn't class it as a sitter as clearly you have to have direction to beat the keeper, that takes it away from sitter territory for me and towards  bad miss/ unlucky /  good save territory. 

Something like 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/TheSunFootball/videos/missing-a-sitter/766243187232874/&ved=2ahUKEwig__uImJ72AhWQYcAKHXjjDn0Qo7QBegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw178asaEwun9y2cOykqvBMg

How very specific 🤪😂

Did we win today?

Only jesting! 😄

That performance was just the ticket. It stuck one on Robinson. What's more, we are sitting pretty.

For all the naysayers: check out the table.

Then, go to bed and do mental gymnastics and figure out ANOTHER way to be negative

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I was agreeing with another poster. Again you mention my name, but no bothered aye🥸 stick to abusing Hearts fans though. Anyway I'm away to enjoy my night without your nonsense 

Aye, you were agreeing about me. 

So I pulled you up on it. 

What Hearts fans did I Abuse? 

I've been abused directly about 3 times in the last hour. 

I've even been called the worse poster by a guy who has an alias of "spit on a stranger". 

Anyway, clearly you're not here to discuss football. 

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

think am unbeaten starting match threads :flag1:

In that case, get the Sheep one started now.  :wink:

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

How very specific 🤪😂

I have a clear picture of what a sitter is. 

Folk need to use words and phrases properly. 

Too many phrases like shock, unnacaptable, sitter, must win etc get thrown about too easily. 

Sitter is worse than a bad miss and Tbh if it is blocked or saved it just makes a mockery of the usage of the word. 

If it was saved it was never a sitter. 

Nonsense. 😜

I blame the Internet and folk needing attention by creating drama. 

I'd never do that. 

While I'm delighted at the 3 points, how many clear cut chances does Boyce need ? As for Woodburn I would have him no where near the team.

Good win today and great seeing Cammy get his first goal. A well taken goal by Simms also. 

A couple of tricky games coming up but can hopefully build on today's result. We seem more solid with Halkett at the back. 

1 minute ago, poultry said:

While I'm delighted at the 3 points, how many clear cut chances does Boyce need ? As for Woodburn I would have him no where near the team.

Are you disappointed?