• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• King prawn

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Halkett! He has just grown and grown. So good to have him back - really did make a difference today 

Seconded. Makes a big difference. Hard to judge when you’re against ten men but he’s a presence. 

Deserved win. 3 massive points. Much needed confidence boost. Clean sheet. Cammy scored his 1st. Take that 😁 3 straight wins against the midden this season (hopefully 4 soon 🏆).

Really need to beat the 🐑 on Wednesday. We are 14 ahead of them with a chance to make it 17! They are one of the 3 teams we haven’t beaten this season (along with Rangers and Hibs) and they are horse 💩 (Ironically, those 3 teams were the only teams we could beat during our awful seasons!)

Edited by MattyK82

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If Boyce hadn't completely lost his finishing ability, we'd have been at least 4 up when you posted this, and eventually won by about 7 or 8, so it's hard to see how you managed to come up with any of this drivel!

Yeah, it's bloody awful being 11 points clear in third.  Boooooooooo!  Neilson out!

:facepalm:

At the time of posting it was trugid stuff. Yip your right I don't like Neilson but that will never stop me wanting the team to win. 

Delighted with the win, not seen any of the game but going by the reports it was another day of missed chances making it more uncomfortable than it needed to be.

What I don’t understand is how we have so many players who add so much until it actually comes to sticking the ball in the net, perhaps Naisy needs to step up to the first team and work purely on scoring goals. If it means an extra couple of hours a day up the oriam then so be it.

So many games this season with better finishing we'd have cruised them, the lack of goals really does make these games far more difficult than they should be.

Great result, good match  stats even if we missed some sitters.  Simms has been a good find - unorthodox and misses a fair few too, but the best striker in the squad by quite a distance. 

Welcome draw at Aberdeen, hopefully defeats for 'Well & Hibs tomorrow.    We need to be trying to sign RCC and Bruce Anderson in the summer - maybe Allan Forrest too.   I'd be confident our goal threat would take a fair leap with them in the team..

Well done Hearts.   :jambobanana:

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yes, If Well/hobos dont win tomorrow, it stays 11 points. So to beat us, one of the teams below need to win 4 more games than us out of 10. I would think we would only need 2 wins and 2 draws to stay 3rd. After today, we should have got some of the confidence back.

Huge 3 points today.

Fair point. I've been assuming the OF are going to give them a doing but I shouldn't assume.

I thought we controlled the entire game and were well on top even before the red.  Poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping has kept the score down but that was our best performance in a long time.

Devlin and Beni both excellent and the extra atracking player really made a difference

LochcarronJambo

Very pleased with result after poor first half, but we stopped the slide & chuffed with that ….hopefully confidence gets a lift for Wednesday

27 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I really hope you are not referring to fellow jambos with your statement. I and many others may dislike Neilson but regardless of that I always want us to win. 

Fellow Jambos? Never. 

Snivelling, whining, moaning, trolling accounts on here?  Definitely. 

:yas:

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

3rd win against those tossers this season.  Well done Hearts. Well done Robbie and the team :wicked:

Leaves a marker for the cup as well

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Delighted with the win, not seen any of the game but going by the reports it was another day of missed chances making it more uncomfortable than it needed to be.

What I don’t understand is how we have so many players who add so much until it actually comes to sticking the ball in the net, perhaps Naisy needs to step up to the first team and work purely on scoring goals. If it means an extra couple of hours a day up the oriam then so be it.

So many games this season with better finishing we'd have cruised them, the lack of goals really does make these games far more difficult than they should be.

What made the difference was the triple sub with clear instructions to go more direct (still passing tho, not hoofing) and St Midden couldn’t live with that.

Hackney Hearts
27 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Boyce shouldve laid that on a plate for McKay

It was SO obvious! SO annoying.

Could have had Devlin and McKay both breaking their duck in the same game.

Actually more angry about that than his dozen or so missed chances.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Ex member of the SaS

Good win and a much improved performance, but once again baffling subs and for the last half hour changed to a more defensive game that caused us problems. Why change a winning formula? 

So started really well and Boyce showed why we need another striker, Woodburn should have been subbed after four or five poor passes and them a man down, perfect time to go two up front.

Taking off Kingsley was strange and what does he see in Halliday? 

So the main thing is we won and went another two points clear ( can't see Hibs or Well doing anything tomorrow ) showed what can be done with a pressing attacking formation.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are mental and no Hearts supporter 

Hilarious. Season ticket holder since 1976. Shareholder FOH since day one. 500 club member. But I'm not a jambo 😂

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Halkett! He has just grown and grown. So good to have him back - really did make a difference today 

All hail the Halkett of Midlothian 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Fellow Jambos? Never. 

Snivelling, whining, moaning, trolling accounts on here?  Definitely. 

:yas:

Thought so. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Good win and a much improved performance, but once again baffling subs and for the last half hour changed to a more defensive game that caused us problems. Why change a winning formula? 

So started really well and Boyce showed why we need another striker, Woodburn should have been subbed after four or five poor passes and them a man down, perfect time to go two up front.

So the main thing is we won and went another two points clear ( can't see Hibs or Well doing anything tomorrow ) showed what can be done with a pressing attacking formation.

3 games in a week mate. Critical games. 

Game was won and players subbed were on a yellow. 

it’s called game management and keeping an eye on the bigger picture.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Much better today Hearts👏👏they were the form team in the league and it was utter domination for 90 minutes. Gordon should've just stayed in the house and pumped his tidy wife😉 Absolutely vital 3 points given the fixtures🇱🇻🇱🇻 was worried about today but good to see a reaction from the team after the last few games👍

Three wins this season against this shower.  Need to ensure no complacency against them in a fortnight.  That would be oh so typical of Hearts!

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

At the time of posting it was trugid stuff. Yip your right I don't like Neilson but that will never stop me wanting the team to win. 

:fonzie:

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Baffling subs 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

it was 0-0 when we brought on Simms, Gino and Cochrane…10 mins later we were 2-0 up.

Devlin had been booked, so Haring sub made sense and I’m assuming Kingsley must have been carrying a knock, so err on the side of caution with Wednesday in mind.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are mental and no Hearts supporter 

Imagine being so cross after a win that cements 3rd spot with a huge gap…

each to their own I guess.

Only saw last 10 minutes so no comment on performance, other than to say, even in that short space of time, I managed to be bewildered by some of the referee's baffling decisions.

And a :yas: for the result.

Just now, Alec Eiffel said:

Dundee 0-4 Livingston.  What do Hearts do?  

We're 11 points clear in third. Don't have to do anything about them.

1 minute ago, Alec Eiffel said:

There isn't anything Hearts can do in a game between Dundee and Livingston.

Bazzas right boot

Utterly dominant away performance despite many  thinking ( hoping) we had little chance.

Good Subs by Bob

11 points clear of 3rd

ended St Mirrens 8 game unbeaten run, reversed out poor 3 defeats on the bounce.

Cammy scored his first goal

Great Day

Home TeamSt MirrenAway TeamHearts
Possession
Home37%
Away63%
Shots
Home6
Away19
Shots on Target
Home0
Away9
Corners
Home8
Away9
Fouls
Home5
Away11

HeartsandonlyHearts
29 minutes ago, lost in space said:

United draw. If Well or hobos dont win tomorrow - we will be 11 clear.

Well done jambos today. 

I don’t doubt for a second we won’t still be 11 ahead after tomorrow.

HHGH

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Utterly dominant away performance despite many  thinking ( hoping) we had little chance.

Good Subs by Bob

11 points clear of 3rd

ended St Mirrens 8 game unbeaten run, reversed out poor 3 defeats on the bounce.

Cammy scored his first goal

Great Day

Home TeamSt MirrenAway TeamHearts
Possession
Home37%
Away63%
Shots
Home6
Away19
Shots on Target
Home0
Away9
Corners
Home8
Away9
Fouls
Home5
Away11

Fantastic day. Started really well and always looked dominant, even before the sending off. Good choice to bring simms and Gino on and kept fresh legs on the pitch at the right time. 

Delighted for Devlin.  Just a shame Boyce didn’t play McKay in or it would’ve Bren two players netting their first. 

LochcarronJambo

The red card was a cert today, Beni could have had his leg broken & St Liedown fans had the nerve to boo Beni after that-WTF

2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Good win. Now let's get stuck into Aberdeen and boot Scott brown off the park

it certainly was.  I just wish Boyce would find the target and not squander so many decent chances.

10 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

We win in Paisley!

Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

The red card was a cert today, Beni could have had his leg broken & St Liedown fans had the nerve to boo Beni after that-WTF

Inbred junkies 😁

maroonedinbriz

Is it possible to want the best for Britain but doubt Boris? Is it possible to want Scottish independence but doubt Nichola? Is it possible to want Hearts to win every match  but doubt Robbie? If you say yes to either of the first 2 questions then you must accept the legitmacy of the 3rd as reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Halkett . No more needs to be said

Agree. But a wee bit of a worry.

the loss of a key or key players can cause disruption.

hopefully a more bedded in Sibbick will help cover absences at the back