***The Official Heart of Midlothian vs. Livingston Match Day Thread***

martoon

19 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We've made it to 8 defensive players in the starting lineup! A new record for Neilson.

Suspect it’s similar to Auchinleck. Halliday will be further forward. He was excellent that day.  Albeit against juniors 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

7 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Haliday again just why …. Why why why 

Not a fan of Halliday but he deserves to be in the starting line up. He has been alright lately. Hope he keeps up the good work.

kingantti1874

Come On then.  Who is this ****ing wunderball manager who will do better. ? 

for all the ****ing moaning I’ve yet to hear a single reasonable suggestion as to what geggenpressing superstar manger is sitting on the sidelines waiting to take the hearts job.😂

9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Add the fact that Livingston aren't a physical team, it makes the selection even more puzzling.

The manager has shat himself. Clear as day.

No but they try VERY hard.

The minimum we expect from a professional athlete is maximum effort.

We fail miserably.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

This.

Exactly why people struggle to get onboard with Neilson. 

window lickers .. who’ve forgotten the last 15 years as if it didn’t happen

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Not a fan of Halliday but he deserves to be in the starting line up. He has been alright lately. Hope he keeps up the good work.

I’ve got a feeling at least some of the selection today has to do with the players who have snowed the right attitude in training since Wednesday and are up for it. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Every other post hasn’t included the keeper as it’s kind of a given he’s defensive. 

It is - that's why he makes up the 9.

No need to apologise. Would be nice though.

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What it looks like to me. Might even be Halliday in midfield and 2 up front but Jesus, that’s a really negative team selection

When is Pollock gonna get a chance he's a good wee player man

10 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

To be fair, he played RWB when we thrashed Utd and was pretty effective.

I’m not going to lie abs say I remember every moment of every game he played at wing back but he’s a centre back and that’s all he’ll ever be. Pace and legs with some defensive nous is what you need as a wing back.  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

At least wait until after the game before criticism! 

If we win we won’t see or hear from them.. silent when it’s good, moaning pricks when we have a couple of bad results.. 

just moaning right enough.  Zero ideas or solutions.. 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

At least wait until after the game before criticism! 

No chance!

3.05pm and at least 5 players will be deemed as 'crap', Halliday will be getting pelters, Neilson will be a shitebag and the remaining 85 minutes will be 'dire stuff'.

The Future's Maroon

Still think we have enough to win even if the team seems to be set up a little like RN is more worried about them.

RN needs a decent victory or as some have shown already the pitchforks will be out.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

If we win we won’t see or hear from them.. silent when it’s good, moaning pricks when we have a couple of bad results.. 

just moaning right enough.  Zero ideas or solutions.. 

:spoton:

The never happys. 

14 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Probably because the last time Halliday played in this position, he scored, unlike Woodburn or GMS.  

Man down with him utter dross 

Some total nonsense here. There have been far, far poorer starting 11s over the past 10 years. Folk seem to just like a moan and to find a way to criticise Neilson. I'd suggest a canter back through our past 10 years before sone of the rubbish that goes his way. We've a young manager who has us 3rd, again. And we score goals. I've sent much worse in the recent past.

Edited by JamboAndrew

Just to add some more context; when we beat Livi 3-0 in Sep, it was exactly the same midfield 4 and McKay, Boyce and Woodburn the front 3. I'd rather Halliday than Woodburn in an attacking sense right now (admittedly that's a poor reflection on Woodburn)

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Where does Cochrane play. Didn't he look.lost in midweek? Is he third man in midfield?

Halliday is third man in midfield and Cochrane wing back imo. 

I think I will come back on JKB tomorrowhow McEneff does not get a start in a must win home game just sums up RN, safety first at every opportunity, I still think this team will take us through, has to be an early goal and hopefully our best player Barrie McKay.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Halliday is third man in midfield and Cochrane wing back imo. 

So a 352 or 532 depending. I'm not a fan of leaving  your midfield short so I'd probably be more pissed with Beni and devlin running  about covering space. Balance still seems wrong due to lack of an attacking  mid. 

We need a result today, or it's going to be disastrous for the support, especially on here. 

I think we'll sneak it 2-1, but they'll give us a scare. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Some total nonsense here. There have been far, far poorer starting 11s over the past 10 years. Folk seem to just like a moan and to find a way to criticise Neilson. I'd suggest a canter back through our past 10 years before sone of the rubbish that goes his way. We've a young manager who has us 3rd, again. And we score goals. I've sent much worse in the recent past.

I think that's what the frustration is though. We've got a decent squad of players at the moment but we're not making the most of them. Players out of position, chopping and changing the line up etc. Playing an attacking midfielder in mcaneff on the right hand side away v rangers but then bringing a defensive player like halliday in at home to livi. It doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Just to add some more context; when we beat Livi 3-0 in Sep, it was exactly the same midfield 4 and McKay, Boyce and Woodburn the front 3. I'd rather Halliday than Woodburn in an attacking sense right now (admittedly that's a poor reflection on Woodburn)

We have the best squad out with the OF, and that’s probably why we’re in 3rd place, but the rest have been mince, so it’s difficult to get too carried away especially after our last two games and the selections he made.

The Souttar situation hasn’t helped either but any 11 should have beaten Dundee.

Still expect us to bounce back though

Not sure where the goals are coming from today. Nervous about this game as we need a result to get back on track.

Hopefully we're the fitter of the two teams too incase this goes past the 90.

HeartsandonlyHearts
26 minutes ago, feej said:

Neilson obviously shitting it, he knows another defeat and the knives will be out. 

Don’t think there are replays. Is there?

SomethingAboutObua

Very concerning how bad Woodburn and GMS are tbh, a constantly criticised utility player still starting ahead of them isn't great  

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Don’t think there are replays. Is there?

Correct, no replays from the previous round onward 

Fitzroy Pointon

I only hope Livi underestimate us today because of our poor run of form but if it becomes a battle I think they'll come out on top. Their whole style is based on battling. 

Don't think, on recent performances, that folk can really complain about Halliday being in the squad. I am far from his biggest fan, but he has certainly given the manger something to think about since the Talbot game. He has been quietly effective and chipping in with a couple of timely goals. 

As for the rest of the team selection, bit meh, but looks like Neilson thinks today is going to be one of these traditional Scottish Cup games on a cold, windy, February day. 

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No chance!

3.05pm and at least 5 players will be deemed as 'crap', Halliday will be getting pelters, Neilson will be a shitebag and the remaining 85 minutes will be 'dire stuff'.

So no change from normal 😂

7 minutes ago, sac said:

We have the best squad out with the OF, and that’s probably why we’re in 3rd place, but the rest have been mince, so it’s difficult to get too carried away especially after our last two games and the selections he made.

The Souttar situation hasn’t helped either but any 11 should have beaten Dundee.

Still expect us to bounce back though

Agree with that. Personally I think our system falls down a bit with the wing backs not being attack minded enough but today's line up really isn't more defensive than recent line ups.

19 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Maybe poorer but probably not as  defensive.

37 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Ginelly or Halliday seriously Robbie wtf is he on. 

Halliday has arguably done better on the wing this season than Ginelly has. Ginelly has had 0 good games as a winger. Halliday has had 1. 

Just now, Dayman said:

Halliday has arguably done better on the wing this season than Ginelly has. Ginelly has had 0 good games as a winger. Halliday has had 1. 

Ginelly is a danger to fans in row 20 of the Gorgie with his crosses.