***The Official Heart of Midlothian vs. Livingston Match Day Thread***

martoon

This is the team that should start today.

Gordon 

Smith 

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Haring

Beni

Gino

McKay

Mackay Steven

Simms

No point playing 3-4-3 if it means 7 defensive minded players on the pitch.

Edited by mellors1874

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Nelly Terraces
25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bobva2bpedhsy34llme

I'm commenting on the lack of atmosphere affecting the result with a half-empty stadium.  Home advantage is lost and we have seen this put us out before.

Its only £15, weather is mild, and a 3pm Saturday kickoff so if you have no other commitments and can afford it then I'd expect fans to want to go.

Grow up man for gods sakes Silly little video, very good.:lol:

As I said, which is the point you seem to be missing, and this may come as a shock for you, people can choose to do wtf they like with their money & time,it's no business of yours, mine or anyon else's. You mentioned in a post on another thread about Hearts in general that people should lower their expectations. Given you're last sentence in your petulant childlike posting above even you must see the irony of such a comment. 'People in glass houses' & all that eh chum.

Anyway, let's hope we both enjoy today's game, the one thing I'm not really bothered about is who may or may not chosen to have attended. When you properly grow up you'll realise there's far more important things to worry about on life.

Cheers.

PS, don't bother replying as I'm off out running now & won't be reading this thread again, which would also include any of your responses, so save yourself the time & effort as I promise you it won't be given even a cursory glance. I've far better things to be doing with my time. Correspondence closed. Goodbye.

The Mercer Takeover

Neilson must come good here, after a dreadful week, where his tinkering has got the better of the team.

Like it or not, Boyce does not suit the number 10 type position and the manager has been trying to squeeze him in there at all costs. Up front, he is fine, perhaps as a front two as well, but not where he is being played. This also losses any width and pace, which we have been using so well this season.

Pace must return

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Grow up man for gods sakes Silly little video, very good.:lol:

As I said, which is the point you seem to be missing, and this may come as a shock for you, people can choose to do wtf they like with their money & time,it's no business of yours, mine or anyon else's. You mentioned in a post on another thread about Hearts in general that people should lower their expectations. Given you're last sentence in your petulant childlike posting above even you must see the irony of such a comment. 'People in glass houses' & all that eh chum.

Anyway, let's hope we both enjoy today's game, the one thing I'm not really bothered about is who may or may not chosen to have attended. When you properly grow up you'll realise there's far more important things to worry about on life.

Cheers.

PS, don't bother replying as I'm off out running now & won't be reading this thread again, which would also include any of your responses, so save yourself the time & effort as I promise you it won't be given even a cursory glance. I've far better things to be doing with my time. Correspondence closed. Goodbye.

TL;DR

I did spot the fingers in the ears I'm not listening type response on the last sentence so ignored the rest.

I'm off to the boozer for pre match refreshments. 👍

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

We are bound to get it right one of these games. right ?

We get it right all the time we turn up and support our team but I’m losing patience with tinkering Timmy , if he doesn’t know his strongest team and best formation to play by now there’s a helluva lot wrong . I think he will play to Livies strengths today and we’ll get scudded I hope not but I for one don’t trust Nielson to get it right , and I know they will jump on this sayin but but we are 3rd , we are there because the teams under us are woeful 

5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We get it right all the time we turn up and support our team but I’m losing patience with tinkering Timmy , if he doesn’t know his strongest team and best formation to play by now there’s a helluva lot wrong . I think he will play to Livies strengths today and we’ll get scudded I hope not but I for one don’t trust Nielson to get it right , and I know they will jump on this sayin but but we are 3rd , we are there because the teams under us are woeful 

Will never be the Fans that let the club down, i support the Football Club, players management come and go . I used the Third patter a lot, hopeless. I still believe we can turn things around again, get back on track. No idea if that will today though. I agree, other sides are losing points when we are, that gives us some grace. Should also give players some hope that we can improve the position ourselves. Our name is literally on it, our name is also know for throwing away the good times. 

This is a cup tie so maybe form goes out the window in our favour. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

17 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

This is the team that should start today.

Gordon 

Smith 

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Haring

Beni

Gino

McKay

Mackay Steven

Simms

No point playing 3-4-3 if it means 7 defensive minded players on the pitch.

I think Devlin has to start against this lot going to be a battle in there. Might be tempted with the 3 stoppers we just need to get through to the next round I don’t care how we do it.

I also don’t think Sibbick at the back is working I really think he’d be more effective in midfield.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

we are pretty on track to hit the points average points total which has secured 3rd more often than not

44 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:

Ok, these are all fair points as well!

(But which result really matters?)

Full disclosure: I'll be watching screens myself as I'm stuck in London with Covid.

I’m not that far gone. Hearts win or the day is fecked even if Scotland win

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think Devlin has to start against this lot going to be a battle in there. Might be tempted with the 3 stoppers we just need to get through to the next round I don’t care how we do it.

I also don’t think Sibbick at the back is working I really think he’d be more effective in midfield.

Are Livvy really a physical team who fight you and don’t have much else ? Last few times I’ve watched them they look solid enough at the back but they’ve got a bit of football and a plan and organisation and a bit of pace up front, and they’ve got a wee striker and a big monster up front we should worry about. I certainly wouldn’t say they are hammer throwers.

49 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin 

Baningime

Cochrane

Ginnelly

Simms

McKay

The only thing i would change there is swapping Smith and Sibbick roles.

My team for today would be -

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane 

Ginnelly McKay

Simms

… probably the worst team I’ve seen at Tynie this season but they’ve really picked up since then. This will be a tough game. 

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So long as you don't suggest Taylor Moore instead of Sibbick.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Are Livvy really a physical team who fight you and don’t have much else ? Last few times I’ve watched them they look solid enough at the back but they’ve got a bit of football and a plan and organisation and a bit of pace up front, and they’ve got a wee striker and a big monster up front we should worry about. I certainly wouldn’t say they are hammer throwers.

It wasn't till this season we managed to beat Livingston for around 15 years. They look ordinary to Me, same as most teams have a threat about them at times. Not going to give any prediction, will probably jinx it. The last few games have left the feeling of being scalped. I do not like this today, the last thing we need is more turmoil surrounding the club. Someone said it is now the biggest game of the season for Us, they just keep coming. Expectations were also muted.. Trying to stay positive , then fall back on my earlier words. Guff talker stuff. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Neilson must come good here, after a dreadful week, where his tinkering has got the better of the team.

Like it or not, Boyce does not suit the number 10 type position and the manager has been trying to squeeze him in there at all costs. Up front, he is fine, perhaps as a front two as well, but not where he is being played. This also losses any width and pace, which we have been using so well this season.

Pace must return

Boyce has stated he sees himself/prefers playing in the 10 position or at least switching between 10 and 9 during a game - so he must be wrong about himself as well I guess…

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

People who haven't watched them say they're physical. Forrest, Holt, Bailey, Pittman and Omeonga are hardly brutes.

They also start games with more than 3 attacking players....

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

My team for today would be -

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Smith Beni Devlin Cochrane 

Ginnelly McKay

Simms

… probably the worst team I’ve seen at Tynie this season but they’ve really picked up since then. This will be a tough game. 

Not the most gifted players in their team but you know that they will give 100% and they fight to the final whistle.

Forrest and Anderson are tricky players and they have a fair bit of aerial threat as well.

We really need to match them in effort and drive and keep the heads up.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They have improved a lot since their last visit.

This is actually a tricky game on the face of it.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Not the most gifted players in their team but you know that they will give 100% and they fight to the final whistle.

Forrest and Anderson are tricky players and they have a fair bit of aerial threat as well.

We really need to match them in effort and drive and keep the heads up.

Agreed… it was a real struggle at Livi when we last played them. 👍

Jambof3tornado
55 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

But we don't play with pace and intent.  And that's down to one man.  

Unfortunately this. The low risk keep the ball is dull. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

I can't understand the mentality of going to league games and staying away from tricky cup fixtures.   All that that will achieve is to dilute the atmosphere and negate our home advantage.

These folk will be the first on here criticising if its not going well.

Also why would anyone want to miss Hearts for rugby FFS!

:facepalm:

The rugby is quality and they only play at most 5/6 home games a year, this fixture was also set a while ago while Cup games aren't. 

I've gave up the rugby but if you've not tried it then I'd recommend it. 

I'd recommend that over going to Hampden to watch the national football team every day of the week. Far better. 

I can't go today as on kid duty as my other half had this weekend booked in. 😭

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Pace must return

Boyce cannot be in this team he is killing it.

Amazing how blind some people are that think he is doing a great job. 

Pace is the key 

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Boyce cannot be in this team he is killing it.

Amazing how blind some people are that think he is doing a great job. 

Pace is the key 

He’s been a liability the last three games. With form as bad as his he must be dropped imo. 

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

And absolutely guaranteed to bring a special momento of the trip home, which needs cream and it’s no a scone 😂😂

Yeah couple of occasions I brought home a luminous purple/yellow/green throbber !!!

Great fun these weekends - few years back we decided after a few postmatch beers in Cardiff to head into the Rhondda to hit Pontypridd  - I was awoken in the morn by my phone ringing next to me in some random women’s bedroom. It was my pal panicking - “Where are feck are you?” ... “Dunno - I’ll ask....... I’m feckin in the Mumbles (west of Swansea)!!!  Where feck are you?”

”Newport!!! - and the missus has been ringing and left a message wondering why I never came home last night.   How quick can you get back to Caerphilly  as she stayed up all night just in case you came back .....and what’s our feckin story??”

2-1 Kingsley and Boyce. 

:flag1:   

Probably going to extratime.    Livingston are the team to fight for this.    They are in a decent position and in form.    Going to be a hard game. 

Think we missed Devlin against Dundee. The intensity of the press just wasn't there and Beni couldn't do it all himself so ended up looking like a headless chicken. It also allowed them too much time on the ball and Adam was able to pick his pass a few times. So Devlin comes back in for me. Atkinson or Smith (I'd guess the latter since he was on press duties) in for Moore, and Gino in for Boyce with Simms through the middle. 

2-0 Hertz.

Edited by Batistuta87

Ex member of the SaS

Really getting sick of the we are third chat. Yes we are and we all know it, and we all like it, BUT we also want to see goals, winning games and  players giving 100% is that too much to ask for? We pay good money to be entertained and to walk away happy with the team and manager, this means less tippy tappy and more penetrating runs and shots on goal, Robbie in the media saying stop trying for the perfect goal, we agree get on the edge of the box and hammer it at the goal, keeper may well spill the ball, and with more players in the box the more chance of someone getting on the ball.

A must win game.

Been trying to get odds for what instigates the booing today..

The team selection.

Robbies still in the dug out.

Woodburn.

The pies are cauld

The loss

The win 

17 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Did he not play as a defender for Barnsley ?

Yeh but right centre back only, bit of a different proposition playing in the middle

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

smith Souttar Kingsley 

Natty Beni Devlin Cochrane

Gino Simms McKay.

That should be the team 👍

1 minute ago, logopolis said:

The team selection.

Woodburn.

The pies are cauld

The loss

The win 

The pies are a disgrace. Cold or hot they are garbage. 

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2 negatives and I'll be positively cheering us on into the next round!!!

It sounds like a let of work. I think you deserve a thumping victory for all your effort. :)

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, logopolis said:

The team selection.

Woodburn.

The pies are cauld

The loss

The win 

No veggie options,  BBBBOOOOOOOO

WheatfieldWarrior
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The pies are a disgrace. Cold or hot they are garbage. 

My dad keeps the cardboard the pies come in as he can't bring himself to throw away anything with the Hearts badge on it.

Halliday     Simms      McKay

Cochrane        Devlin       Baningime       Smith

Kingsley      Sibbick       Souttar

Gordon

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

My dad keeps the cardboard the pies come in as he can't bring himself to throw away anything with the Hearts badge on it.

PHM. He should keep the cardboard and just chuck the pies in the bin. 

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Obviously he ran out of defenders…….

😂 tbf it was always going to be 3 centre mids considering how they played at their ground last time. 

Edited by GinRummy