Kingsley (LCB)

Souttar (CB)

Smith (RCB) 

Atkinson (RWB)

Cochrane (LWB)

Beni and Devlin (CM)

Mckay and Gino (AMs)

Simms (ST)

We need much more pace and a more dynamic 11. Last night was severely lacking in that regard. 

Last night ensured the first time this season that we have suffered successive defeats (every one of previous defeats, we had bounced back with a win). I don’t think it’s overeating to suggest Saturday is a season defining game.  We are in a sticky patch just now and the game on Saturday against a streetwise team will tell us a lot about us as a squad.

Yes, we should have been 2/3 up at halftime yesterday. But we continued our profligacy in front of goal and then decided not to show up in the 2nd half.

I feel a bit for Sibbick. I thought he did well at ER but Ibrox and last night showed him up a bit (To be fair, even the best defender can be shown up in Glasgow). But up until ER, he had never played in the middle of a back 3. Without our first choice defenders, it was never going to be a smooth transition. He was very good as a DM previously but we already have plenty cover there.

We need a big reaction and a 💩 load of fight and desire from the team. And we need to take our 🦆 ing chances! 🥴

This is the 11 for me. I'd maybe swap Souttar and Smith round and have Smith as a central sweeper. He reads the game well enough. Souttar can still play in his best position. Boyce needs a rest to regroup. Might do him some good coming on off the bench when they are leggy if needed.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

56 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

This is the 11 for me. I'd maybe swap Souttar and Smith round and have Smith as a central sweeper. He reads the game well enough. Souttar can still play in his best position. Boyce needs a rest to regroup. Might do him some good coming on off the bench when they are leggy if needed.

Agree’d. 
If smith is fit , central sweeper would suit him perfectly.  
And I’ve posted numerous times about Boyce in other threads, time on bench maybe do him & the team good at the moment.  

Hearts must turn up & deliver on Saturday 

Progress to the next round by any means will do me. I'm going for a nil nil after 90( is it to a finish on Saturday?)with loads of bookings and a red for Livy.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Progress to the next round by any means will do me. I'm going for a nil nil after 90( is it to a finish on Saturday?)with loads of bookings and a red for Livy.

Yeah, extra time and pens if needed.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Hard game ahead. 

1-1. 

Hearts win in ET  

Massive questions asked , if we’re not in the draw for the next round.  

You mean the same questions being asked by the same folk, again. 

Exile fae Main Street
15 hours ago, daavojaay said:

Gordon 

Atkinson souttar sibbick Kingsley 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

To back 4 no crowded out in midfield 433 as don't think 343 is working as we don't have the right players to play it. Our midfield or lack of is losing us everything by being over run. Need pace beside Simms not Boyce running about like a Teletubbie looking for his tubby toast. 

This in spades 

Gordon

Sibbick Souttar Kingsley 

Atkinson Baningame Devlin Cochrane

Gino Simms McKay  

As many players in their correct positions as possible. 

15 hours ago, daavojaay said:

Gordon 

Atkinson souttar sibbick Kingsley 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

To back 4 no crowded out in midfield 433 as don't think 343 is working as we don't have the right players to play it. Our midfield or lack of is losing us everything by being over run. Need pace beside Simms not Boyce running about like a Teletubbie looking for his tubby toast. 

Having Atkinson and Sibbick in a back 4 is like playing 2 in a back 4 defensively - I’d be watching through my fingers 

Not sure if I can make tomorrow, but just bought a ticket anyway.  

I know it has been asked before, but remind me, can you scan it from your phone?

36 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Gordon

Sibbick Souttar Kingsley 

Atkinson Baningame Devlin Cochrane

Gino Simms McKay  

As many players in their correct positions as possible. 

Apart from Moore and Boyce,who else was playing out of position on Wednesday night?

22 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Barry McKay? 

Only took 10 posts before he asked a completely obvious question :rofl: 

Not sure.  Certainly one of the best achievements in Scotland, if not the best, if it happens. 

Having said that, Terry Christie would have got Meadowbank promoted, had the Premier League not changed from 12 back to 10, with only one side promoted, rather than the, at the time, normal two, with three relegated. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Players must know this is a massive game for the club and to get the support back on their side a win is vital. 

I'll predict we will score just on half time, they will bring it back on 70mins but we will go ahead again two mins later. We will tie it up with five mins left. Craig will save a penalty in injury time.

That sounds quite a game in my head and it will more likely be 0-0 at full time. As long as we win it by a goal or pens that is all that matters during this slump in form!

55 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Home win

quoted the wrong idiot.

Edited by cheetah

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Better be or I’ll be closing this place down for a few days. 🥸

Now I don't know what to wish for :lol: 

Any win will do, it's all about getting into the next round however you play. You don't remember the early rounds when you go on to win the trophy. It's going to be a tough game that's for sure, Livi have picked up some decent results lately and are always pretty tough to beat and break down. As bad as the second half was on Wednesday I thought we played some decent stuff in the first 45 and should have been out of sight by half time. 

The Apprentice
11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Nobody doing the dot count? :laugh:

Ticket sales look really slow going by a few screenshots posted on Twitter. Don't think they could have priced it much better in all honesty.

MR INCREDIBLE

The more we call for Boyce to be dropped the more Robbie will play him !!!!!

If we posted that Boyce is brilliant and irreplaceable then he would probably get benched👍🇱🇻

23 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If our head coach can’t work out a way to have a good player like Simms and a good, but different type of player like Boyce in the same team then we’ve got real problems at head coach level IMO. 

Simms as a 9. Boyce as a 10. Someone else from Mceneff, Ginnelly or McKay as the other 10. 

Personally I wouldn’t play Boyce at all for a while and see if you can get a tune out of Mackay and Mceneff in the number 10 roles.

A top form Boyce on his day is a starter. A Boyce as poor as the one we’ve seen lately is a detriment to the team as a whole.

I don’t think there is any department in the team now that the head coach knows his best set up for. I don’t think he has a clue what to do with Sibbick or Moore or Kingsley or Halliday or Woodburn or Cochrane or Haring or Boyce to get the best out of them.

Not surprised he doesn't know his best team, I appreciate the 'horses for courses' arguments but by god he doesn't half like to tinker. 

Tokyo Drifter

The Beeb seem to think we're playing Motherwell tomorrow. Eejits.

Thumbs up Motherwell in this all Premiership clash

Thumbs down for Martindale's Livi to get the job done

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Having Atkinson and Sibbick in a back 4 is like playing 2 in a back 4 defensively - I’d be watching through my fingers 

I'd play Atkinson when we're likely to be on the offensive more, like v livi, but then Smith when we need to defend. 

I'm not sure Sibbick suits defence at all. Maybe as an attacking RWB but that would be it. Looks out his depth in defence in the games he's played.

57 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If we posted that Boyce is brilliant and irreplaceable then he would probably get benched👍🇱🇻

I would doubt Robbie pays much attention to anything posted here or other social media. This is mainly for non-playing, bitter school boys with nothing else in their lives, it would appear.

32 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Saw that but noticed they also have Motherwell playing Aberdeen. Their squad will be really stretched for this double header. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Aye, Bob picks his team on who jkb slag more. 

He'll probably put himself in at rb. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

You need to scroll past the women's league fixtures to get to the Scottish ones now. 

We're less than an after thought. 

The BBC is a ***** funt of an outfit. 

49 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Gordon

Souttar   Smith   Kingsley

Atkinson   Beni   Devlin   Halliday

McKay   Simms   GMS

A little bit of sick comes up into my mouth everytime I see GMS in a team sheet. He has been an awful signing ranking alongside the likes of Oshaniwa, Whelan and Kenny Anderson  and he’s had 4 times the game time any of those had

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

Ticket sales look really slow going by a few screenshots posted on Twitter. Don't think they could have priced it much better in all honesty.

7000 - 8000 IMO

Gordon

Sibbick

Souttar

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin (Haring)

Baningime

Halliday (Cochrane)

McKay (Woodburn)

Ginnelly (Boyce)

Simms

(Subs)

If we can find the back of the net we'll be fine.  It is increasingly a major concern.

Send the players out with a compass.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we can find the back of the net we'll be fine.  It is increasingly a major concern.

Pretty much it. Watching the highlights back from the other night we should've scored 4 quite comfortably.

49 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Sibbick will be playing tomorrow.  Don't see all the doom and gloom about him.

Exactly.

He has played 3 games since November two of which were Fester Road and Ibrox. He has also played in the centre of defence where he has never played before.

Some people on here need to cut him a bit of slack, there were far worse than him on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Only took 10 posts before he asked a completely obvious question :rofl: 

Wonder what he would have thought if I had replied ‘ Well it’s obviously Dave, duh’🙄

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Agreed. 

We need 3/4 good chances to score 1.

The other team, as in Dundee case for their 1st don't even need to hit a shot to score. 

We must score when top. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Sibbick will be playing tomorrow.  Don't see all the doom and gloom about him.

The doom and gloom is probably because he hasn’t played very well so far. 

Tynecastle will be rivaling Alton Towers tomorrow for the best white knuckle ride in the country. Hopefully I won't be spewing when I get off 🤞🤞🤞

Really don't see us winning this.Have thought it was a hard as feck tie since the draw was made and I just don't see us being able to match their fight.