***The Official Heart of Midlothian vs. Livingston Match Day Thread***

martoon

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Sibbick Souttar Kingsley 

Smith Beni Haring Cochrane

Atkinson    McKay

Simms

Right idea. I’d put Smith in at RCB, Atkinson at RWB, bin Sibbick and play Ginnelly. We were slow on Wednesday. Need some drive.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Just now, GinRummy said:

Right idea. I’d put Smith in at RCB, Atkinson at RWB, bin Sibbick and play Ginnelly. We were slow on Wednesday. Need some drive.

Aye, i think that's fair. Sibbick is soft as shit, doesn’t even compete.

I put Atkinson at RW because all of our supporting forwards seem to be dugshit and he's decent going forward.

A week ago I was feeling confident about this match. It now gives me the fear. If we lose this match there is suddenly very little to look forward to for the remainder of the season. We really need to win this one.

Gordon

Smith-----Souttar-----Kingsley-----Cochrane

Beni

Haring-----McEneff

Atkinson-----------------------------McKay

Simms

Score prediction: Hmmmmm...........2-1 Hearts.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Doctor FinnBarr

Quick ticket question. Bought tickets for me and Mrs Saunders earlier this week and picking up tomorrow. We've decided to take our grandaughter to her 1st game but the seats beside us have gone.

Question is will the TO move our seats to accomodate the 3 of us?

PS. 2-0 Hearts.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

One thing we will get kicked,fouled up and down the park by this mob,I hope we win but after yesterday's debacle,I can't honestly see it,,jeez I hope I'm wrong

They will try and stop any sort of flow in the game. A stop start game means more chance of the fans getting on the players back and we all know what happens then 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, i think that's fair. Sibbick is soft as shit, doesn’t even compete.

I put Atkinson at RW because all of our supporting forwards seem to be dugshit and he's decent going forward.

Aye Gino has hardly been impressive either. I would hope Smith at RCB could help out Atkinson a wee bit. Got all the attributes of a good player but doesn’t seem to know where to be, when to tackle, who to mark etc. Never watched an Australian league match but clearly the game here is a big learning experience for the guy. 

No predictions from me but there's not going to be a better time for the squad to get right.

Nevermind his position, a loss on Saturday and Neilson runs the risk of losing the locker room. Players will give up on him and start tuning him out.

A bright performance and a solid result would heal a lot of wounds.

Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

They also lost an injury time goal to ross county to draw last night, going for 1-0 Hearts, in this one.

I'd take that, Harry.

Gladly.

Just bought 2 for this. Trying to work out if having a half empty ground will be a good or bad thing for us. Hopefully those that are going will get behind the team.

Jambo_jim2001
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

They will try and stop any sort of flow in the game. A stop start game means more chance of the fans getting on the players back and we all know what happens then 

True sir,this is one game I'm going to sit out,never liked the way Livingston play

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye Gino has hardly been impressive either. I would hope Smith at RCB could help out Atkinson a wee bit. Got all the attributes of a good player but doesn’t seem to know where to be, when to tackle, who to mark etc. Never watched an Australian league match but clearly the game here is a big learning experience for the guy. 

Totally agree. 👍

Gino has pace and probably needs a run in the team before we see the best of him. 

Atkinson is a good player but needs time to get up to speed. Clearly an attack minded player, which is what we needed. Smith behind him gives us a bit of assurance.

We_are_the_Hearts
41 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Wouldn't have big Pete anywhere near it on Sat , he's was an absolute bombcare last night .

Agreed, he seems to have a wee fan club on here. Far too slow for football at this level. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd play 4-2-3-1:

Gordon - Smith, Souttar, Sibbick, Kingsley - Baningime, Devlin - McKay, McEneff, Ginnelly - Simms

Horatio Caine

Livi are a very streetwise team who will have noted our performance last night.  Expect a war of attrition.  Nouble, Omeonga, Forrest and Obileye are all effective players in their system.  I think it will be a nail biting afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd play 4-2-3-1:

Gordon - Smith, Souttar, Sibbick, Kingsley - Baningime, Devlin - McKay, McEneff, Ginnelly - Simms

We should try to work out a team that doesn’t involve Sibbick imo. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We should try to work out a team that doesn’t involve Sibbick imo. 

Is Smith fit?

This is a game where there has to be some amount of dig and urgency to put things right. Cannot imagine it will be missing other than through lack if confidence. And his formation has to get the balance right.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Is Smith fit?

This is a game where there has to be some amount of dig and urgency to put things right. Cannot imagine it will be missing other than through lack if confidence. And his formation has to get the balance right.

Neilson expected him to be fit for Saturday. Sibbick has been pretty poor. People having a go at Moore but Toby has been as bad. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the team on Saturday. 

i agree, it’s a big one for RN this weekend. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neilson expected him to be fit for Saturday. Sibbick has been pretty poor. People having a go at Moore but Toby has been as bad. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the team on Saturday. 

Livi genuinely a test for anyone in the League. They've bought quite well and the jakey in charge seems to know what he is doing and wants.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Livi genuinely a test for anyone in the League. They've bought quite well and the jakey in charge seems to know what he is doing and wants.

Tricky one for sure. If we progress it’s a massive step in making this a good season. 

Malinga the Swinga

Having forced myself to watch the highlights from last night, we will win if we take the chances we create.

We should have buried them on first half, absolutely buried them, but we let them off and one fluke let them back into it.

I'll take a scrappy win, as long as it's a win.

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Smith and Atkinson are both still out on Saturday Sibbick would be worth playing at rwb or right back. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

If Smith and Atkinson are both still out on Saturday Sibbick would be worth playing at rwb or right back. 

Quite possibly. Tbh I was a bit harsh but I don’t fancy him at centre back at all. Defensive mid or even wing back could well be worth a try. 

Burford Jamtart
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd play 4-2-3-1:

Absolutely the right formation for the players we have.  Couldn’t argue with the personnel either.  Smith/Atkinson   Kingsley for Sibbick perhaps and Cochrane left back.    GMS or Woodburn can play in any of the three behind Simms roles, so can Boyce. And Boyce could play up top too.   Haring/Devlin/Ben i are all suited to the sit in front of the back four / cover the full back if they bomb on.

The whole point is tell me know who is the square peg in the round hole with this system? There isn’t one - why can’t Robbie see that????

After the last 2 games feck knows how we will do in this one, suppose it’s down to again what team Nielson plays and what formation. Plus changing it straight away if it doesn’t work. But have to admit we were a bit lost without Devlin & Atkinson against Dundee. Sorry but I’ve never been a fan of Boyce. He’s been very inconsistent as a striker. He’s missed more than he’s scored. 

Still think we are missing someone up front. Simms is a good player but he needs a wingman and that’s not Boyce. 

After Dundee I’d make sure that Harring, Boyce, Moore & Halliday don’t even get to sit on bench. No back passes then Gordon being forced to boot it up to no one. Although his cheeky lob yesterday was excellent. Good strong formation looking to defend yet attack. 4/4/2 Simms & Barry McKay up front. But hey anything has to be better than that shower of shite the other day. Definitely no GMS 

04af456601d84a39e40b122f2a9d002f.gif

Hopefully Smith & Natty Akka are back for Saturday. If so, I’d go with;

Gordon 

Kingsley (LCB)

Souttar (CB)

Smith (RCB) 

Atkinson (RWB)

Cochrane (LWB)

Beni and Devlin (CM)

Mckay and Gino (AMs)

Simms (ST)

We need much more pace and a more dynamic 11. Last night was severely lacking in that regard. 

Last night ensured the first time this season that we have suffered successive defeats (every one of previous defeats, we had bounced back with a win). I don’t think it’s overeating to suggest Saturday is a season defining game.  We are in a sticky patch just now and the game on Saturday against a streetwise team will tell us a lot about us as a squad.

Yes, we should have been 2/3 up at halftime yesterday. But we continued our profligacy in front of goal and then decided not to show up in the 2nd half.

I feel a bit for Sibbick. I thought he did well at ER but Ibrox and last night showed him up a bit (To be fair, even the best defender can be shown up in Glasgow). But up until ER, he had never played in the middle of a back 3. Without our first choice defenders, it was never going to be a smooth transition. He was very good as a DM previously but we already have plenty cover there.

We need a big reaction and a 💩 load of fight and desire from the team. And we need to take our 🦆 ing chances! 🥴

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Sibbick has the excuse that he hasn't had a full week of training without a match since he got here.

Moore should be more settled.

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

We could play twice as well as we did last night and we'd be in trouble.  HUUUUGE improvement needed.

Anyone know with Natty was out last night?  Not seen it anywhere, but missed the prematch.

The team is a choice of 

Gordon

Natty Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Ginnelly Cam Haring McKay

Simms Boyce

or 

Gordon

Sibbick Souttar Kingsley

Natty Cam Haring Cochrane

Gino Simms McKay

Or something along those lines.  RB is a bit of an issue if Nat and Smith out.  You could go Souttar and Kingsley at CB with Sibbick RB, Cochrane LB.

Im a fan of Boyce, but just not happening just now.  Big fan of Beni, but I thought he was poor last night and we really lacked energy.

Simms needs to be told and drilled in to running channels, over and over and over again.  There was one ball from Souttar last night, first half where folk around me groaned, it was the perfect pass, but unfortunately Simmy reacted to it, rather than having already been on his bike curving a run down side of CH.  Happened a few times.  It's in his locker, it's a pretty easy fix.  Get on it!

I want waaaaaay more risks taken on the ball in the other team's half.  Way more.  

Gordon 

Atkinson souttar sibbick Kingsley 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

To back 4 no crowded out in midfield 433 as don't think 343 is working as we don't have the right players to play it. Our midfield or lack of is losing us everything by being over run. Need pace beside Simms not Boyce running about like a Teletubbie looking for his tubby toast. 

Just now, daavojaay said:

Gordon 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

To back 4 no crowded out in midfield 433 as don't think 343 is working as we don't have the right players to play it. Our midfield or lack of is losing us everything by being over run. Need pace beside Simms not Boyce running about like a Teletubbie looking for his tubby toast. 

Plus Kingsley up and down the channel on left is much more of a threat there and that's his natural position no doubt Robbie wil sick to 343 and play everyone out of position as usual but hey 

2 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Gordon 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

Or could even stick Pollock in there for Cammy has more creativity and could be doing with a fearless youngster in the team right now that'll put effort in and show team how it's done

3 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Gordon 

Cammy Beni haring 

McKay Simms Gino 

I like this team.  

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Quick ticket question. Bought tickets for me and Mrs Saunders earlier this week and picking up tomorrow. We've decided to take our grandaughter to her 1st game but the seats beside us have gone.

Question is will the TO move our seats to accomodate the 3 of us?

PS. 2-0 Hearts.

Yes explain you're situation to ticket office and they will help 👍

They might move you to a better area depending on we're you have booked seats. 

Hope you and family enjoy game. 

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Wouldn't have big Pete anywhere near it on Sat , he's was an absolute bombcare last night .

He was slow and ponderous 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes explain you're situation to ticket office and they will help 👍

They might move you to a better area depending on we're you have booked seats. 

Hope you and family enjoy game. 

Cheers Bongo, thought that might be the case but it was too late to phone TO.

Expected to see the usual ‘we will hump them’ or ‘4-0’ etc etc

can only imagine those that say this don’t go to the games. We aren’t humping anybody this season just as anyone outside the old firm aren’t. There may be the odd 2 or 3-0 games but they are rare.

This game will be tight make no mistake. We couldn’t beat hibs at Easter road, yet Livingston did.

I have absolutely no idea how this will go apart from the fact a defeat is as likely as a win.

lose and neilson is a gonner from a supporters stance.

obviously I hope we win but I’m far from confident after the last 3 games

5 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Agreed, he seems to have a wee fan club on here. Far too slow for football at this level. 

Yep. I wanted him to start v Dundee after watching us at Easter road and Ibrox but my god he was awful. Had an ok 20 minute spell but that seems par for the course with him sadly. 
he should be nowhere near the starting 11.

But yes he seems to have a cluster of posters who think he is the answer for whatever reason

Edited by 1971fozzy

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I think we can stop any flow ourselves without Livi's help.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

We could well be on the verge of a Hearts, Arbroath, Scotland treble.  That's how I'm looking at it.

It was Hearts that ruined last weeks treble though

The Treasurer
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. 

I would have swapped Sibbick and Moore as I think Sibbick is better suited to WB than CH 

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Expected to see the usual ‘we will hump them’ or ‘4-0’ etc etc

can only imagine those that say this don’t go to the games. We aren’t humping anybody this season just as anyone outside the old firm aren’t. There may be the odd 2 or 3-0 games but they are rare.

This game will be tight make no mistake. We couldn’t beat hibs at Easter road, yet Livingston did.

I have absolutely no idea how this will go apart from the fact a defeat is as likely as a win.

lose and neilson is a gonner from a supporters stance.

obviously I hope we win but I’m far from confident after the last 3 games

You'll still get the fans who see sitting in 3rd place is some sort of incredible achievement by Robbie and his team. And sadly the hierarchy within the club will see the same, although I'm not sure Savage would. The pressure to win this weekend is massive and I'm not sure we'll cope too well with it. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Edited by DG_HMFC

Was always going to be a toughie but certainly harder with our current form.   Form can come back as quickly as it went so I'm going for 2-1 Hearts AET

38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

You'll still get the fans who see sitting in 3rd place is some sort of incredible achievement by Robbie and his team. And sadly the hierarchy within the club will see the same, although I'm not sure Savage would. The pressure to win this weekend is massive and I'm not sure we'll cope too well with it. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

3rd is our target for this season. If we achieve this then our manager had done his job. He's not getting sacked if we lose tomorrow but hopefully we'll never find out if I'm right or wrong on that